The CHAZ

workswithseed

So the CHAZ cops turned out to be just as bad as the cops they bitched about. I guess you should never judge a cop until you have to shoot an innocent black person.

This is exactly why you let it play out. Now we can see how stupid it is to go all the way down that tunnel. Yes, shit needs to change, but CHAZ is not the answer.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

So the CHAZ cops turned out to be just as bad as the cops they bitched about. I guess you should never judge a cop until you have to shoot an innocent black person.

This is exactly why you let it play out. Now we can see how stupid it is to go all the way down that tunnel. Yes, shit needs to change, but CHAZ is not the answer.

I will bet any amount of money that the media and BLM won't give a shit about CHAZ security gunning down 2 black teens.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Stanford prison experiment much?

though I believe that particular experiment is out of favor at the moment for reasons I can’t recall. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Moby Ric said:

Next up NYC.  That place is going to burn tonight and the Mayor just lit the match.

Yep:  won't have an immediate impact, but this doesn't bode well for long term security and stability. 

'Cuts would come from canceling a nearly 1,200-person police recruiting class set for next month — though another class in October is scheduled to go forward — as well as halving overtime spending, redeploying officers from administrative functions to patrol and ending police responsibility for school crossing guards and homeless outreach.'

17 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

So they brought in chemical weapons? Soap and Water.

Yeah, I can only imagine how much money the Seattle taxpayer is going to have to shell out to repair all the damage and paint they did to all those buildings and that park.

Edited by MillerEP
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Moby Ric said:

Libtopia comes crashing to and end in 3 weeks with only injuries, murder, rape, theft and vandalism to show for it.  

its kind of like Naked and Afraid XL.  3 weeks is about all you can handle.   food and water become necessities.  rent, cell phone bills come due as well but more importantly the news had moved back to Covid so not as much fun facebookin and twitterin anymore.

4 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

Yep:  won't have an immediate impact, but this doesn't bode well for long term security and stability. 

'Cuts would come from canceling a nearly 1,200-person police recruiting class set for next month — though another class in October is scheduled to go forward — as well as halving overtime spending, redeploying officers from administrative functions to patrol and ending police responsibility for school crossing guards and homeless outreach.'

Yikes. How many hours until a homeless person with severe mental problems and possibly on meth kills a civilian?  Some of the most dangerous calls. 

Pretty much flying blind and using nothing but feelings to draft this new utopia. Good luck. 

Cant wait to see what COA will rush to do without a popular vote. 

3 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Yikes. How many hours until a homeless person with severe mental problems and possibly on meth kills a civilian?  Some of the most dangerous calls. 

Pretty much flying blind and using nothing but feelings to draft this new utopia. Good luck. 

Cant wait to see what COA will rush to do without a popular vote. 

And the ironic thing is that minority communities and minority-owned businesses will be hurt the most by scaling back on law enforcement.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, longhornmatt said:

Agreed.  Another weird phenomenon is people today acting shocked that inner city politicians supported the crime bills of the 80s and 90s.  Do they think all that violent crime was happening in the Hamptons and Malibu?

At the risk of getting too cloaky in here, it wasn't just the inner city politicians who supported those crime bills, but that 94 crime bill that all the woke dipshits criticizing Biden give him hell for?  Biden was one of 95 senators (including some of the most liberal members like Mosely Braun, Inouye, Moynihan, Reid, Boxer, Wellstone, and Metzenbaum) to vote for it.

https://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=103&session=1&vote=00384

Or put another way...

• Like 1

One bad revolution.

Turns out like many revolutions - as shitty as what it would replace.

The French monarchy sucked ass. Robespierre and the reign of terror were not an improvement.

It’s why it’s best for everyone if the original institutions would actually listen to the people and commit to meaningful reform, instead of digging in, doubling down, and effectively saying “if you want to change me, it will take a revolution. I dare you.” It’s really, really fucking dumb. Because eventually you get the revolution, you lose control of your fate, and it’s messy as fuck.
  • Like 1

Turns out like many revolutions - as shitty as what it would replace.

The French monarchy sucked ass. Robespierre and the reign of terror were not an improvement.

It’s why it’s best for everyone if the original institutions would actually listen to the people and commit to meaningful reform, instead of digging in, doubling down, and effectively saying “if you want to change me, it will take a revolution. I dare you.” It’s really, really fucking dumb. Because eventually you get the revolution, you lose control of your fate, and it’s messy as fuck.
My dad wanted to name my sister Robespierre but my mom wouldn't let him*, so this hits close to home. Or something.

*True story.

2 hours ago, HRSchenker said:

The mayor didn't even care about people dying there, the only thing that moved the needle was when they went to her house. She doesn't care about anyone, but i bet Seattle will vote her back in, or someone like her. 

Edited by workswithseed
  • Like 1

It's funny to see people here dunking on CHAZ because this loose confederation of people with no training, mandate, or infrastructure was only slightly worse at handling security than the existing highly-paid, highly-resource-intensive police force it sought to replace.

It's like laughing at someone whose shit is leaking out of the bottom of their pants because you were smart enough to wear a diaper while shitting yourself.

CHAZ wasn't mean to be an autonomous state or lasting or anything. It simply existed briefly as a way of saying, "We can take the city back if we want to" and it effectively communicated that message. It was infinitely more successful in demonstrating the power of people over government than any right-wing movement, be it Bundy or militia.

CHAZ is dead, long live CHAZ

• Fuck You 1

18 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

It's funny to see people here dunking on CHAZ because this loose confederation of people with no training, mandate, or infrastructure was only slightly worse at handling security than the existing highly-paid, highly-resource-intensive police force it sought to replace.

It's like laughing at someone whose shit is leaking out of the bottom of their pants because you were smart enough to wear a diaper while shitting yourself.

CHAZ wasn't mean to be an autonomous state or lasting or anything. It simply existed briefly as a way of saying, "We can take the city back if we want to" and it effectively communicated that message. It was infinitely more successful in demonstrating the power of people over government than any right-wing movement, be it Bundy or militia.

It didn't do anything like that, it showed thier ass. The mayor could have stopped this any time, but she let the people in the CHAZ have full control over thier area, and showed how they failed.

• Like 4

Failed at what, specifically? Do you think its purpose was to form a city-state with a military and a border it would protect from police with violence?

Yes, the police came in with state violence and took back the area. That's true and it was always going to be true.

• Fuck You 1

12 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

You really are a dumb ass. I'd use stronger language but you're not worth it.  Dumb ass suits you.

EDIT:  I don't think you're actually a dumb ass, but you for damn sure say some seriously dumb ass things brah.

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Failed at what, specifically? Do you think its purpose was to form a city-state with a military and a border it would protect from police with violence?

Yes, the police came in with state violence and took back the area. That's true and it was always going to be true.

You don't start off with calling yourself an autonomous zone, and start planting a garden for short time frame. They were hoping longer than less of a month

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

People who can't do ride the coat tails of those that can and will. CHAZ is the perfect example of that. They didn't do shit except move the needle further from people sympathizing with their cause.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

You don't start off with calling yourself an autonomous zone, and start planting a garden for short time frame.

Wait... why do you think they were planting gardens? Do you think it's because they were planning on creating a self-sustaining commune isolated economically from the rest of the world?

Do you plant food in your back yard?

Are you OK?

They were hoping longer than less of a month

I don't know what this means. They were hoping for what for longer than a month?

CHAZ was never set up to be a territory with hard borders defended against state authority. They set up street barricades to make ingress more difficult and to discourage drive-bys/throughs and to make themselves a pain in the ass.

And that's what you're doing with civil disobedience, being a pain in the ass to the abusive authority structure. You cannot beat them violently because they have a monopoly on state-sanctioned violence.

20 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

People who can't do ride the coat tails of those that can and will. CHAZ is the perfect example of that. They didn't do shit except move the needle further from people sympathizing with their cause.

Is this actually true?

Or is it just people who were pre-disposed to hate them still hating them?

• Fuck You 1

5 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

CHAZ wasn't mean to be an autonomous state or lasting or anything. It simply existed briefly as a way of saying, "We can take the city back if we want to" and it effectively communicated that message. 

It wasn’t taken, it was given by the spineless Seattle Mayor and a Washington governor.  There is a reason this is popping up in cities like Seattle and NYC and not in Texas, Florida etc  Any decent leader wouldn’t have let this garbage continue for more than a day.

In true hypocritical form it was easily “taken” back but only once it inconvenienced the worm elected to run the city. 

• Like 2

Do you think its purpose was to form a city-state with a military and a border...

It doesn't matter what I think, but those simpletons who started the Chaz thought they would have a city state as long as they possibly could. (all states want to last as long as can)  They had their own armed strong men security, etc.  But, yeah, from your evil anarchist, revisionist history perspective, they were a utopia.  Maybe you should start a go-fund-me to erect some statues for thses failed rebels.

1 hour ago, Enchubben said:

It wasn’t taken, it was given by the spineless Seattle Mayor and a Washington governor.  There is a reason this is popping up in cities like Seattle and NYC and not in Texas, Florida etc  Any decent leader wouldn’t have let this garbage continue for more than a day.

In true hypocritical form it was easily “taken” back but only once it inconvenienced the worm elected to run the city. 

Those were tactical mountain bikes the police were using.