The CHAZ

workswithseed

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

Where do you think this "group of nitwits" came from? The moon? They're Americans in America. The fact that you see CHAZ as something actually distinct from America marks you as a FOXNews rube.

CHAZ had its committees and meetings and hearings and all this informal structure to guide actions based on collective principles. And it was messy and ugly, yes.

However, the idea that civilization won by disbanding CHAZ is completely laughable. As you reference, CHAZ exists because police forces murder with impunity and then enact mass violence against people who gather to hold them to account.

Nothing was won here. There is no victory in CHAZ being disbanded. I am far more encouraged by a failed experiment in collective action than I am by the re-establishment of a failed authoritarian state system, but that's likely because "huh huh cop hit hippie with stick!" doesn't make me clap like a mouth-breathing seal.

Obligatory:  username checks out. 

• Like 1

Where do you think this "group of nitwits" came from? The moon? They're Americans in America. The fact that you see CHAZ as something actually distinct from America marks you as a FOXNews rube.

CHAZ had its committees and meetings and hearings and all this informal structure to guide actions based on collective principles. And it was messy and ugly, yes.

However, the idea that civilization won by disbanding CHAZ is completely laughable. As you reference, CHAZ exists because police forces murder with impunity and then enact mass violence against people who gather to hold them to account.

Nothing was won here. There is no victory in CHAZ being disbanded. I am far more encouraged by a failed experiment in collective action than I am by the re-establishment of a failed authoritarian state system, but that's likely because "huh huh cop hit hippie with stick!" doesn't make me clap like a mouth-breathing seal.

There was, the people who work and live there don't need to show id to go work and and live there. Unless you think it's okay to do such draconian things.

1 minute ago, workswithseed said:

There was, the people who work and live there don't need to show id to go work and and live there. Unless you think it's okay to do such draconian things.

Before I determine how much I give a shit about that I'd want to know how much the actual residents of the area cared. Or whether or not that is a real thing you're even talking about (how widespread, enforced, etc...).

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Before I determine how much I give a shit about that I'd want to know how much the actual residents of the area cared. Or whether or not that is a real thing you're even talking about (how widespread, enforced, etc...).

Yes yes business owners love not g more than. armed mobs run g the streets, mobs breaking I twi their businesses, people shitting on their front stoops, Not being g able to have customers come thru their doors cause they don't have CHAZ ID cards, garbage strew all over the glorious CHAZ. Do you even have a job do you actually work ?

Yep yer right business owners love that shit...

20 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Yes yes business owners love not g more than. armed mobs run g the streets, mobs breaking I twi their businesses, people shitting on their front stoops, Not being g able to have customers come thru their doors cause they don't have CHAZ ID cards, garbage strew all over the glorious CHAZ. Do you even have a job do you actually work ?

Yep yer right business owners love that shit...

I never said they did love those things. I don't know what was actually happening or have evidence of what they thought of the situation. The one time someone tried to provide evidence they ended up proving that they were actually lying/exaggerating and I think your breathless exasperation here is just cover for lack of solid ground to stand on, like a child escalating the stakes of an argument because the child lacks confidence.

Definitely ugly, but the way you guys get so melodramatic and evidence-free in your descriptions of what was going on just makes you sound weak and dishonest.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, bad_teammate said:

I never said they did love those things. I don't know what was actually happening or have evidence of what they thought of the situation. The one time someone tried to provide evidence they ended up proving that they were actually lying/exaggerating and I think your breathless exasperation here is just cover for lack of solid ground to stand on, like a child escalating the stakes of an argument because the child lacks confidence.

Definitely ugly, but the way you guys get so melodramatic and evidence-free in your descriptions of what was going on just makes you sound weak and dishonest.

You really should be living in Venezuela. That seems more like your cup of tea.

• Haha 1

Srujan and his fiancée live in a building that borders Cal Anderson Park, which has been packed with protesters for weeks. 

"We're not even here most of the time. I'm scared to live here. It's just not conducive," he said. "What you want from a home is a stress-free environment. You want to be able to sleep well, you want to feel comfortable and we just don't feel comfortable right now."

Seattle businesses sued the city Wednesday over the Capitol Hill Organized Protest (CHOP), claiming the occupation led to unsafe conditions and violence in the neighborhood.

The class action lawsuit stated that the city's decision to "abandon and close off an entire city neighborhood" to police, fire and medical services "subjected businesses, employees and residents of that neighborhood to extensive property damage, public safety dangers and an inability to use and access their properties."

"The City has enacted a policy under which police will not enter the CHOP area except during life-and-death emergencies, and, even in those situations, the response is, at best, muted and late," according to the suit. It specifically cited the June 20 shooting in the CHOP zone that left one person dead and stating that police arrived 20 minutes after the shooting due to the occupation.

https://www.newsweek.com/seattle-businesses-residents-sue-after-violence-chop-autonomous-zone-1513383

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Do you have anything to back up that police forces murder with impunity?

36 minutes ago, Axiom of Choice said:

The only way to achieve your communist utopian delusions would be through extreme authoritarianism.  People aren't just going to cede over the means of production because of message board ranting.     

Sir, this is a Wendy's

34 minutes ago, Spankytoes said:

Do you have anything to back up that police forces murder with impunity?

Is this a serious question?

Elijah McClain
Breonna Taylor
George Floyd (before riots forced their hand, but odds are high the officers will walk)
Eric Garner

and on and on and on and on and on

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

Sir, this is a Wendy's

Elijah McClain
Breonna Taylor
George Floyd (before riots forced their hand, but odds are high the officers will walk)
Eric Garner

So “no” then? We’ll go with “no” instead of your bullshit statement, that includes 4 people, and speculation that officers in Floyd’s case will walk. There was a total of 2 black people, not just men, killed last year in America that were unarmed and didn’t resist arrest.

Thank you sir. You’ve completed my “I’m a complete fucking moron” checklist.

Yep, total epidemic. Tear down statues and change more names. Black America is under attack. 

Edited by Spankytoes

2 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Sir, this is a Wendy's

Elijah McClain
Breonna Taylor
Eric Garner

Duncan Lemp

Tony Timpa

Timothy Smith

William Lennon

Ryan Bolinger

Derick Cruice

Daniel Elrod

Ralph Willis. 

I could go on and on

Edited by ChickenSandwich

3 hours ago, Spankytoes said:

So “no” then? We’ll go with “no” instead of your bullshit statement, that includes 4 people, and speculation that officers in Floyd’s case will walk. There was a total of 2 black people, not just men, killed last year in America that were unarmed and didn’t resist arrest.

Neither being armed nor resisting arrest are capitol offenses nor are police the executioners of the state.

Stephon Clark

Philando Castile

Alton Sterling

Tamir Rice

Freddie Gray

For more generalized information, compare killings by US police to killings by UK police and killings by Canadian police.

USA: ~1200/year (328M)
UK: ~3/year (67M population) (~15/year adjusted)
Canada: ~26/year (38M ) (~180/year adjusted)

The American pigs are out of control. They are the largest street gang in the nation and, by number, probably the entire world. Undoubtedly the most well-funded.

Yep, total epidemic. Tear down statues and change more names. Black America is under attack. 

I'm glad you're seeing the light.

• Fuck You 1

On 7/2/2020 at 10:00 AM, bad_teammate said:

It was an autonomous zone. Meaning: An area that was operating without official government intervention.

Anyone arguing that it was intended to be something like a formal city-state needs to explain why they think that, because it didn't come from CHAZ. 

I literally just explained that. I'll do it again.

"...it was always destined to be under extreme pressure due to the situation that surrounds it. We have shootings at these zones due to homelessness, mental illness, and gangs."

The murder of young black men is an American symptom and CHAZ exists(ed) within America. A zone within a city cannot be immune from the diseases of that city, or city from state, or state from nation.

I know you guys are very eager to find dunks on your hated opponents, but you don't actually care about the kid that was murdered.

Destined to fail at what?

Change forum name to "Lee Greenwood Choir"?

Congo, Sierra Leone, Liberia and a host of other countries say hi