The CHAZ

workswithseed

I love that Rufo guy saying "this is madness".  no this is community organizing on steroids.  there should be nothing to worry about.  To be fair, I really don't think this thing gets off the ground. at some point a grown up is going to step in.

I would have thought that weeks/months ago, yet here we are..... Entire city run by unhinged lunatics who’ve decided to pander to the radical fringe of their community with zero shits given for the people who want stability and safety for their families.

On 8/1/2020 at 11:38 PM, dcar00 said:

I love that Rufo guy saying "this is madness".  no this is community organizing on steroids.  there should be nothing to worry about.  To be fair, I really don't think this thing gets off the ground. at some point a grown up is going to step in.

Seattle’s segregated “undoing whiteness” training session. All part of the plan. 

Another said White staffers must give up “the land” and their “guaranteed physical safety” in order to be an “accomplice” for racial justice.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/seattle-chop-segregated-training-session-white-supremacy-physical-safety

seems there might be some concern of power hungry city councils making drastic changes in cities without a vote or input from their constituents that will radically alter their lives and safety  

20 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

well you, sir, are obviously a racist.  please head to tax office where you can appropriately disposition any of your property to the state for better use.

It's fucking crazy.  I've had this said to me more than once:  "why are you worried about property damage when there's so much police brutality."

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Incredulity said:

The craziest shit is the leaders in SEA and PDX are in many of the cases the more "conservative" option on the ballot.  Let that sink in for a minute.

Didn't you live in Oregon? Some people on the ballot just say the same thing in the book they give you when you vote that I really disagree with more so than Ted.

Edited by workswithseed

1 hour ago, workswithseed said:

Didn't you live in Oregon? Some people on the ballot just say the same thing in the book they give you when you vote that I really disagree with more so than Ted.

Portland is weird. It does also suck, but it's strange. You have weird lumberjack types who hate weirdos and you have the weirdest weirdos this side of Tokyo. I couldn't find a decent steakhouse close to downtown-- it was either mid-level chains or strip clubs with a steak option (and there were surprisingly a lot of those. I guess chalk that up to the lumberjacks).

Anyways, I had a surprisingly nice experience at the Ruth Chris on Broadway about two months ago.

35 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

Portland is weird. It does also suck, but it's strange. You have weird lumberjack types who hate weirdos and you have the weirdest weirdos this side of Tokyo. I couldn't find a decent steakhouse close to downtown-- it was either mid-level chains or strip clubs with a steak option (and there were surprisingly a lot of those. I guess chalk that up to the lumberjacks).

Anyways, I had a surprisingly nice experience at the Ruth Chris on Broadway about two months ago.

Yeah, you don't have really any good steakhouses.

6 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

When the alternative is low-grade horse meat served by a 300 lb stripper with short green hair you learn to lower your standards. 

Yeah, just jerking their chain. Ruth Chris is fine, we have one we'd hit in the winter every once & a while, and split an entree, and still get enough to eat.  The one where we live is housed in a mid 18th c. ante bellum style farm house, and has a great pub that's basically the old homes living room complete with a huge fireplace. They're just very old people, and their prices always insult me a bit.

Edited by Onboard 2.0

It's fucking crazy.  I've had this said to me more than once:  "why are you worried about property damage when there's so much police brutality."

You could remind them that more property damage has zero effect on lowering police violence and that the fine people of CHAZ, controlling less than a percent of the city for only a handful of weeks, have slaughtered more unarmed young black men than the entire Seattle PD does, likely in multiple years combined.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

You could remind them that more property damage has zero effect on lowering police violence and that the fine people of CHAZ, controlling less than a percent of the city for only a handful of weeks, have slaughtered more unarmed young black men than the entire Seattle PD does, likely in multiple years combined.

Yep.  then it becomes "well, that's not the police though."  I'm gettin out of here.

14 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

That statue of Lenin is on private property.

Jesus Christ....it's out in the open.  Private property.  LOL.  Now the protesters are respecting property laws?  What about Federal property?  Does that apply....

Here he is aptly defaced with the blood of tens of millions on his hands.  Surely irksome to a self-admitted communist such as yourself.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTn65runsQU7jpkf1I6kP4

Edited by BabaYaga

Jesus Christ....it's out in the open.  Private property.  LOL.  Now the protesters are respecting property laws?  What about Federal property?  Does that apply....
Here he is aptly defaced with the blood of tens of millions on his hands.  Surely irksome to a self-admitted communist such as yourself.
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTn65runsQU7jpkf1I6kP4_QSLUNELuEt-BAA&usqp=CAU

Why is the communist wearing a traffic cone?
Kramer: Huh? Well, it symbolizes our persecution.
George: Then...shouldn't YOU be wearing the cone?

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

I don't care about the Lenin statue. Just pointing out that it's on private property so it's not really in the same position as many other monuments in terms of use of public funds and lands.

I'm sorry you're so mad about this stuff all the time. I wish I could help you, but I can't.

Been sitting on one of our shelves since 2016 when I found it in an antique shop in Dublin, Ireland...  Always a great conversation piece to the knowledgeable, and observant visitor

FullSizeRender-177.jpg

4 minutes ago, smoky said:

I am the walrus?

Not that I condone facism; or any ism for that matter. Isms, in my opinion, are not good. A person should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, “I don’t believe in ‘Beatles’, I just believe in me.” Good point there. After all, he was the Walrus. I could be the Walrus, I’d still have to bum rides off of people.

• Hook 'Em 1

Doesn't sound like the CHAZ alternative is going to catch on, except maybe in the CRAZ:

https://news.gallup.com/poll/316571/black-americans-police-retain-local-presence.aspx?utm_source=tagrss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=syndication

Black Americans Want Police to Retain Local Presence

When asked whether they want the police to spend more time, the same amount of time or less time than they currently do in their area, most Black Americans -- 61% -- want the police presence to remain the same. This is similar to the 67% of all U.S. adults preferring the status quo, including 71% of White Americans.

Meanwhile, nearly equal proportions of Black Americans say they would like the police to spend more time in their area (20%) as say they'd like them to spend less time there (19%).

These findings are from a June 23-July 6 Gallup Panel survey, administered by web in English and conducted as part of the newly launched Gallup Center on Black Voices. The study includes large samples of Black, Hispanic and Asian Americans, weighted to their correct proportions of the population.

Of these four racial/ethnic groups, Asian Americans are the most likely to want less police presence where they live, with 28% saying this. That contrasts with 12% of White Americans, 17% of Hispanic Americans and 19% of Black Americans. (snip)

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

Doesn't sound like the CHAZ alternative is going to catch on, except maybe in the CRAZ:

https://news.gallup.com/poll/316571/black-americans-police-retain-local-presence.aspx?utm_source=tagrss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=syndication

Black Americans Want Police to Retain Local Presence

When asked whether they want the police to spend more time, the same amount of time or less time than they currently do in their area, most Black Americans -- 61% -- want the police presence to remain the same. This is similar to the 67% of all U.S. adults preferring the status quo, including 71% of White Americans.

Meanwhile, nearly equal proportions of Black Americans say they would like the police to spend more time in their area (20%) as say they'd like them to spend less time there (19%).

These findings are from a June 23-July 6 Gallup Panel survey, administered by web in English and conducted as part of the newly launched Gallup Center on Black Voices. The study includes large samples of Black, Hispanic and Asian Americans, weighted to their correct proportions of the population.

Of these four racial/ethnic groups, Asian Americans are the most likely to want less police presence where they live, with 28% saying this. That contrasts with 12% of White Americans, 17% of Hispanic Americans and 19% of Black Americans. (snip)

More evidence that Twitter is not real life.

That Twitter and social media tend to amplify the fringe voices (Defund the Police!) to make them seem more common than they are.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

More evidence that Twitter is not real life.

That Twitter and social media tend to amplify the fringe voices (Defund the Police!) to make them seem more common than they are.

Every idiot now has a voice with social media.

• Hook 'Em 1