The CHAZ

workswithseed

22 minutes ago, Chad said:

How could they have a shooting? It's the "summer of love". In a way I'm glad Washington's oblivious governor and Seattle's mayor have allowed this to go on so the rest of the country can see what is transpiring there. It's no surprise "protestors" attempted this in Portland as well, but it was squashed rather quickly.

username checks...oh wait, now I see...Chad

5 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Can we please get back to making fun of the Chaz

I did enjoy the video of the "black-out" and the white folk holding the line.  The fact that they called it the "black-out"  is off the charts hilarious.

Sounds like a hostage situation for those actual Seattle residents
Those residents can choose to gun up, form a militia and run all those n'er do goods off. Posse Comatitus, if you will.
this is fascinating to watch...from Texas.
Coming to an Austin near you.
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, wild_turkey said:

So is the plan to let them kill each other off and then reclaim the area once Lord of the Flies has run its course?

What about ordinary people who own businesses or other property in the CHOP zone? I would be pissed that the city is allowing this to continue.

I dated this crazy girl about 13 years ago.  I had a steady job and was done with school, she was graduating and planned to move to Seattle for a few years to work for Equal Rights Washington because they'd pay off her school loans.  "Helping the Homos" as she put it.  She wanted me to pack up, quit my job, and go out there too for a few years.  I said no thanks, maybe we'll try long distance for awhile.  Fortunately we ended the relationship before she left anyway, but she's still out there today.  Got to imagine she loves downtown right now, it's paradise! 😄

Can't believe the local government aided the CHAZ by giving them additional barricades and support, only to have them move their borders farther out.  That mayor should be ousted.  Even Portland wasn't stupid enough to let them get a foothold with their own version of the autonomous zone, they've been clearing people out as soon as they try to re-establish a location.

Edited by ulukinatme
  • Like 4

32 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Those residents can choose to gun up, form a militia and run all those n'er do goods off. Posse Comatitus, if you will.Coming to an Austin near you.

Nah, in Austin the police tear-gassed the protesters off of I35.  For some reason lots of people like to think that Austin is just like Seattle or Portland.  It's really not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

I dreamed in my head this post while replacing the word "cops" with "lawyers" and interestingly it reads the same. 

I have no argument against that. Lawyers are necessary for the rule of law and a functioning civil society, but they do kind of suck. We don’t (generally) have the power to kill people though. 

8 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I have no argument against that. Lawyers are necessary for the rule of law and a functioning civil society, but they do kind of suck. We don’t (generally) have the power to kill people though. 

apparently you don't watch forensic files...lotsa dumbass lawyers killin people.  but you are lucky(like me) that you are in a profession that doesn't have people pointing weapons at you.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/seattle-police-will-return-to-east-precinct-where-chop-has-reigned-durkan-says/

Seattle Mayor Jenny Durkan said Monday that the Seattle Police Department will be returning to its abandoned East Precinct building “peacefully and in the near future,” following a weekend in which three people were shot in the protest area that has emerged around the building.

Durkan said the city would attempt to phase down nighttime activity in the Capitol Hill Organized Protest area, known as CHOP or CHAZ, but would not be using police to clear the area. Rather, Durkan said, they’d be asking people to leave the area voluntarily at night, offering resources for those going through homelessness and working with community groups to try to cajole people to leave the area, where dozens of tents have sprouted up in recent weeks, along with couches, guerrilla gardens and graffiti.

“It’s time for people to go home, it is time for us to restore Cal Anderson and Capitol Hill so it can be a vibrant part of the community,” Durkan said. “The impacts on the businesses and residents and the community are now too much.”

• Like 1

So according to that NYPost article they have a white garden and a blacks/indigenous people only garden?  Segregation is so woke!

If someone wrote this exact scenario as a fictional “cautionary tale” it would be lambasted as over the top, excessively ham fisted in its irony. No way a group of open minded people, allowed to create their own society/ utopia devoid of current society’s borders and rules would resort to walls, violence, crime and 1940s level overt racism within 5 minutes of starting their great experiment.
I’m not sure the Einsteins in CHOP have any sense of the irony in their segregation. Only the colors are reversed and of course in this case the oppressed are only too happy to be treated as second class.

Of course I feel for the normal people affected by these mental patients but from a distance it’s a great experiment which I wish were allowed to continue.
  • Like 7

8 hours ago, Lhorn said:

If someone wrote this exact scenario as a fictional “cautionary tale” it would be lambasted as over the top, excessively ham fisted in its irony. No way a group of open minded people, allowed to create their own society/ utopia devoid of current society’s borders and rules would resort to walls, violence, crime and 1940s level overt racism within 5 minutes of starting their great experiment.
I’m not sure the Einsteins in CHOP have any sense of the irony in their segregation. Only the colors are reversed and of course in this case the oppressed are only too happy to be treated as second class.

Of course I feel for the normal people affected by these mental patients but from a distance it’s a great experiment which I wish were allowed to continue.

Yes. The self loathing is so strong and sad in those signing up to be voluntarily subjugated. 

I cant even imagine the horror I’d have as a parent if my kid became that, but I suppose  it’s possible having 3 of them. 

I do wonder how anyone with two functioning brain cells can be involved in such a set up and not see the absurdity of recreating what they allegedly rail against only with a different ruling class as the oppressors this time, but I guess the world doesn’t lack nihilists that want to see it burn, nor useful idiots. 

10 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Yes. The self loathing is so strong and sad in those signing up to be voluntarily subjugated. 

I cant even imagine the horror I’d have as a parent if my kid became that, but I suppose  it’s possible having 3 of them. 

I do wonder how anyone with two functioning brain cells can be involved in such a set up and not see the absurdity of recreating what they allegedly rail against only with a different ruling class as the oppressors this time, but I guess the world doesn’t lack nihilists that want to see it burn, nor useful idiots. 

As an only child, I want my kids to have brothers and sisters. I also want to make sure that they do have hope in the world, but show that they can make it better. That's what I think is the key.

Edited by workswithseed

11 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Do you wonder as a parent if your kids would ever end up in that situation? Like, voluntarily???

Edited by Iceman

9 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Do you wonder as a parent if your kids would ever end up in that situation? Like, voluntarily???

Sure. I don’t think so. And I tend to think

that those that end up there probably have lots of unresolved daddy issues and parents that did a shit job- but ultimately my kids have their own thoughts and beliefs and volition, so I suppose that could happen and break my heart.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BabaYaga said:

Two kids.  I can tell you one thing, I find out either of those little shits does this to SRV, I'm going to beat their asses with my old saddle girth strap.....

Come on people.  Stevie?  Really?  What the actual fuck.  

e76tymp8b0251.jpg

White man problem. Last week a Holocaust memorial was knocked down in Cali. I can't say why it was torn down since nobody knows why, but this shit is sad.

4 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Looks like one person in a Mack truck could solve some problems

This website has a strange affinity for wanting to see protesters run over.  Vehicular homicide fetishes? 

29 minutes ago, ajax said:

I guess their thought process is he was a white man playing the blues.

You're giving these people far too much credit.  Defacing statues is the cool thing right now so they defaced the SRV statue.  That's their "thought process."

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Js1 said:

This website has a strange affinity for wanting to see protesters run over.

I don't necessarily want to see them run over.  A truck fitted with a cowcatcher that would scoop them up and pitch them over into the ditch would be fine, too.

You're giving these people far too much credit.  Defacing statues is the cool thing right now so they defaced the SRV statue.  That's their "thought process."

They thought it was Clint Eastwood in a pancho and are protesting spaghetti westerns.

24 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

I’d like to see this type of protest become all the rage on some good ol south Texas black top.
“Protest July 15 @ 2pm” and sort out who’s truly committed to the cause.

Family guy - Asphalt angel - YouTube