The CHAZ

workswithseed

3 hours ago, workswithseed said:

spacer.png

@cactusflinthead, how long do you give them? 

Apparently all they did was lay down cardboard, then put dirt over the cardboard.

I wonder if when the famine comes the indigenous Microsoft employees will come help them and teach them how to get coffee from starbucks and code to make a living.  they can have their first Thanksgiving on Flag Day just to piss off the evil capitalists.

Edited by dcar00
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Bash Riprock said:

Mr Gorbachev tear down this wall!

its funny, you can go from Oregon to Washington without showing an ID or being checked by an armed person but you can't go from Seattle to Chaz without either.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Parliament said:

If they water it, they'll be fine. Roots and water will go right through the cardboard. I woulda worked it up instead and planted, you know, ROWS, but it's no necessary.

They're also gonna need a significantly bigger garden. Subsistence farming is a lot of work.Pee on them. Not the plant itself, but between the plants. No poop though. Poop is where e coli comes from.

Too bad, plenty of it around town waiting to be shoveled up off the sidewalks.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

I bet this summer camp smells like shit. Didn’t see deodorant or soap on the list. 

But barrels upon barrels of patchouli. 

God I hate patchouli stink.

14 minutes ago, TriStone said:

For a bunch of LARP'ing kids?  Nah.  The mayor and governor don't care, so I'm going to follow their lead.  You can't help but laugh at the situation.  They found land that they wanted, so they just took it.  They have defined borders, border walls, and armed agents who question people seeking entry.  They are denying entry to those they deem undesirable.  Basically, they're just about everything they'd claim to despise.

In every revolution, there is one group that rapidly becomes a reasonable facsimile of the very thing they have revolted against.  This one is no different.  The fact that it's a largely harmless disorganized band of hippies occupying just a few city blocks should give us significant comfort.

1 minute ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

So they're not really Antifa, they're just fa

No, man, they're not fully fa, they're just kinda fa-scist.....oh....wait....goddamit.

I do still maintain that effective fascism and patchouli stink are fundamentally incompatible, so I remain unconcerned.

For a bunch of LARP'ing kids?  Nah.  The mayor and governor don't care, so I'm going to follow their lead.  You can't help but laugh at the situation.  They found land that they wanted, so they just took it.  They have defined borders, border walls, and armed agents who question people seeking entry.  They are denying entry to those they deem undesirable.  Basically, they're just about everything they'd claim to despise.

Ok so send in the military to “ lightning bolt! Lightning bolt! Lightning bolt!” These larpers. Problem solved, Mdmost
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

In every revolution, there is one group that rapidly becomes a reasonable facsimile of the very thing they have revolted against.  This one is no different.  The fact that it's a largely harmless disorganized band of hippies occupying just a few city blocks should give us significant comfort.

power at the end of a barrel of a gun is an interesting thing isn't it.

Just now, dcar00 said:

power at the end of a barrel of a gun is an interesting thing isn't it.

It always is.  And it's rarely a good thing.

Equally applied rule of law with the consent of the governed is always a better way.  Of course, the fact that we have perpetuated having arms of the state that work CONTRARY to that model, and break the social contract, is exactly why we're in this mess.  From the moment that this iteration of the movement began, that's been my point -- if we wanted the Rule of Law so badly, then we probably should have demanded that our armed agents actually apply it and be subject to it.  Because abandoning it, as we have purposefully done, leads to bad shit.  

If you want to enforce the social contract, your first obligation is to follow it yourself.  We didn't.  Now the contract is broken.  And bad shit follows.

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

It always is.  And it's rarely a good thing.

Equally applied rule of law with the consent of the governed is always a better way.  Of course, the fact that we have perpetuated having arms of the state that work CONTRARY to that model, and break the social contract, is exactly why we're in this mess.  From the moment that this iteration of the movement began, that's been my point -- if we wanted the Rule of Law so badly, then we probably should have demanded that our armed agents actually apply it and be subject to it.  Because abandoning it, as we have purposefully done, leads to bad shit.  

If you want to enforce the social contract, your first obligation is to follow it yourself.  We didn't.  Now the contract is broken.  And bad shit follows.

it wasn't broken just in the past 2 weeks.  the rule of law has never been and will never be equally applied.  we have govt officials, judges, laywers, DA's, unions and a whole host of others to make sure of it.

43 minutes ago, TriStone said:

Yeah, the unwitting irony is strong with this one. Reminds me of the aggy thread yesterday where they were complaining about the annoyance of having to apply for safety permits. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

it wasn't broken just in the past 2 weeks.  the rule of law has never been and will never be equally applied.  we have govt officials, judges, laywers, DA's, unions and a whole host of others to make sure of it.

Oh, I have zero argument with you there.  It's been broken for....well, forever.  But the breaches seen back-to-back-to-back in the shooting of an unarmed black man in Georgia (with the police helping cover it up and not pursuing charges), the no-knock murder of an EMT in Louisville (with no consequences), and the video slow-mo murder by one cop with three cops protecting him just made the shameless breaches too much to bear.  Shit, maybe the sub-lesson is that you can get away with subtle breaches of the social contract for a long time, but when you instead choose to walk up to someone, take their shit (lives and rights) and cackle that you won't pay them and won't face any consequences.....the volcano fucking blows.

Society didn't just breach the social contract.  We decided to do so blatantly, shamelessly, and on video.  If you want to destroy the social contract, that's exactly how you do it.

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Oh, I have zero argument with you there.  It's been broken for....well, forever.  But the breaches seen back-to-back-to-back in the shooting of an unarmed black man in Georgia (with the police helping cover it up and not pursuing charges), the no-knock murder of an EMT in Louisville (with no consequences), and the video slow-mo murder by one cop with three cops protecting him just made the shameless breaches too much to bear.  Shit, maybe the sub-lesson is that you can get away with subtle breaches of the social contract for a long time, but when you instead choose to walk up to someone, take their shit (lives and rights) and cackle that you won't pay them and won't face any consequences.....the volcano fucking blows.

Society didn't just breach the social contract.  We decided to do so blatantly, shamelessly, and on video.  If you want to destroy the social contract, that's exactly how you do it.

those things have been going on forever, with caucasian, mexican and other races as well.   so the issue isn't about race its about the govt.  my position is the less money I give them at all levels the less damage they can do.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

those things have been going on forever, with caucasian, mexican and other races as well.   so the issue isn't about race its about the govt.  my position is the less money I give them at all levels the less damage they can do.

You are correct, but woefully incomplete.

1) yes, police abuses have been going on forever with respect to everyone.

2) BUT, they fall MUCH more heavily on black people. Black people are particularly over-represented in negative interactions with cops.

A copy can and will hassle ANYONE if he feels like being a dick today.  But a black guy is going to be hassled, pulled over, questioned, etc., at a much higher rate than a white guy.  Which leads to a variety of bad shit, including greater criminal history (if the cops want to bust people for weed, they can just search every white dude living near UT and bust thousands), and the more negative interactions you have with the cops, the greater the chances of getting your ass beaten or killed.

It is a systemic problem independent of race.  It is ALSO a systemic problem with respect to race.  Both things are true.  Dismissing it as "cops can be dicks to everyone" ignores the undeniable truth that they are MUCH more likely to be dicks to a random black dude than they are to a random white dude.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TriStone said:

Its like an SNL skit.

native american crying GIF

Edited by stork642
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

You are correct, but woefully incomplete.

1) yes, police abuses have been going on forever with respect to everyone.

2) BUT, they fall MUCH more heavily on black people. Black people are particularly over-represented in negative interactions with cops.

A copy can and will hassle ANYONE if he feels like being a dick today.  But a black guy is going to be hassled, pulled over, questioned, etc., at a much higher rate than a white guy.  Which leads to a variety of bad shit, including greater criminal history (if the cops want to bust people for weed, they can just search every white dude living near UT and bust thousands), and the more negative interactions you have with the cops, the greater the chances of getting your ass beaten or killed.

It is a systemic problem independent of race.  It is ALSO a systemic problem with respect to race.  Both things are true.  Dismissing it as "cops can be dicks to everyone" ignores the undeniable truth that they are MUCH more likely to be dicks to a random black dude than they are to a random white dude.

I don't believe I'm woefully incomplete.  I believe I hit the nail squarely on the head.  

3 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I don't believe I'm woefully incomplete.  I believe I hit the nail squarely on the head.  

Cool.  So, you don't think that oppressive policing tactics fall materially more heavily on african americans than they do other groups?  Because if so.....I gotta tell you, I have some problems with your reasoning or lack thereof.

If a teacher is a bitch, and she treats all her students like shit, and gives everyone detention for the smallest of infractions, she sucks.  If she does all of those things, but disciplines her black students 3X as often, and more harshly, than she does her white students, she sucks....AND she's racist.  Which actually makes perfect sense in light of the current movement.

If such a teacher existed in our school, which group is 1) going to feel her malfeasance most acutely, and 2) is most likely to reach the breaking point FIRST and call all of our attention to her bullshittery?

That's exactly what is happening here and now.  Black people have finally had enough, nationwide.  They are calling out the bullshittery.  AND, that bullshittery is so egregious that 1) white people are seeing how shitty the cops have treated black people in particular, and 2) we're ALSO acknowledging that the problems with the police are broader than just the fact that they inflict their bullshittery more heavily on black people.  We're acknowledging that their bullshittery is deep and systemic, including flaws that transcend race, and are simply problems with how we approach policing in general.  Both things are true.  And we must acknowledge that both things ARE true.

The mean Ms. Bitchapple is a shitty teacher, but she's an ESPECIALLY shitty teacher to her black students, and that has subjected them to an extra level of harm the rest of us haven't had to endure.  And by the way, we sat there in the back of the class and let it happen because hey, I'm not gonna stick my neck out to stand up for Bobby Black Student getting disciplined for the third time today, because I know that if I do, Ms. Bitchapple will come after me, too.  So I'll just let Bobby Black Student take his triple beating and move along.  Nope.  No more of that shit.  Let's help Bobby.  And in the end, it will help all of us.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Cool.  So, you don't think that oppressive policing tactics fall materially more heavily on african americans than they do other groups?  Because if so.....I gotta tell you, I have some problems with your reasoning or lack thereof.

If a teacher is a bitch, and she treats all her students like shit, and gives everyone detention for the smallest of infractions, she sucks.  If she does all of those things, but disciplines her black students 3X as often, and more harshly, than she does her white students, she sucks....AND she's racist.  Which actually makes perfect sense in light of the current movement.

If such a teacher existed in our school, which group is 1) going to feel her malfeasance most acutely, and 2) is most likely to reach the breaking point FIRST and call all of our attention to her bullshittery?

That's exactly what is happening here and now.  Black people have finally had enough, nationwide.  They are calling out the bullshittery.  AND, that bullshittery is so egregious that 1) white people are seeing how shitty the cops have treated black people in particular, and 2) we're ALSO acknowledging that the problems with the police are broader than just the fact that they inflict their bullshittery more heavily on black people.  We're acknowledging that their bullshittery is deep and systemic, including flaws that transcend race, and are simply problems with how we approach policing in general.  Both things are true.  And we must acknowledge that both things ARE true.

The mean Ms. Bitchapple is a shitty teacher, but she's an ESPECIALLY shitty teacher to her black students, and that has subjected them to an extra level of harm the rest of us haven't had to endure.  And by the way, we sat there in the back of the class and let it happen because hey, I'm not gonna stick my neck out to stand up for Bobby Black Student getting disciplined for the third time today, because I know that if I do, Ms. Bitchapple will come after me, too.  So I'll just let Bobby Black Student take his triple beating and move along.  Nope.  No more of that shit.  Let's help Bobby.  And in the end, it will help all of us.

Is Ms. Bitchapple hot?

Just now, Gucci_Suit said:

Damn. I was thinking more 

56330E1F-61D4-489D-A7CF-715F4F9413EA.jpeg

Dude, this is American policing we're talking about.  There ain't a pretty upside.

BTW, I dated a girl in high school who had a real Cameron Diaz vibe going.  She's actually getting divorced now, so you local guys keep your eyes out.

Just now, Brisketexan said:

Dude, this is American policing we're talking about.  There ain't a pretty upside.

BTW, I dated a girl in high school who had a real Cameron Diaz vibe going.  She's actually getting divorced now, so you local guys keep your eyes out.

Yeah, good point. 

and yes, my eyes are always on the lookout for Cameron looking chicks. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

thats a lot of words for cops and more importantly cop unions suck.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

thats a lot of words for cops and more importantly cop unions suck.

Well, adding "and they're racist, too" is kind of important.  We can't just gloss over that.  We've been glossing over that shit since Jim Crow, and it's really fucked us up. 

4 minutes ago, Chooky said:

That garden is sadder than 'Where the Red Fern Grows.'

Would have liked to see the video of them “building” it. As long as they have enough weed, Stella Ar-twat beer and can charge their Apple products they will make it a few weeks. 

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Well, adding "and they're racist, too" is kind of important.  We can't just gloss over that.  We've been glossing over that shit since Jim Crow, and it's really fucked us up. 

fair enough, excellent brevity without the long pointless analogy.   are the black, hispanic and asian cops racist too?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

fair enough, excellent brevity without the long pointless analogy.   are the black, hispanic and asian cops racist too?

Yes (and no, not all individually....but a shitload of them are).  Because they are indoctrinated into a culture (American policing) that is racist.  It's not a new phenomenon - look up "judenrats" during the reign of the Nazis.  A cop, regardless of his color, is indoctrinated into a way of looking at the public that sees black people as a greater threat, more likely to be up to no good, etc. etc.....meaning that in general, a black cop is also going to be likely to hassle a black person more than he would a white person.  The most important color to him now is BLUE, and being part of the blue means that you police in a racist manner (even if it's not necessarily a conscious decision, it's ingrained in the system).

9 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

workswithweed...I mean @workswithseed should try and help them with their shit garden thing. I admit seeing the photo of that has had me laughing for the last few hours on and off. I’m not sorry either. Lol.

I'd love to drive north I-5, I even talked to the girlfriend, but she said no. I also don't know why @workswithseed didn't work for you.

Edited by workswithseed

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Yes (and no, not all individually....but a shitload of them are).  Because they are indoctrinated into a culture (American policing) that is racist.  It's not a new phenomenon - look up "judenrats" during the reign of the Nazis.  A cop, regardless of his color, is indoctrinated into a way of looking at the public that sees black people as a greater threat, more likely to be up to no good, etc. etc.....meaning that in general, a black cop is also going to be likely to hassle a black person more than he would a white person.  The most important color to him now is BLUE, and being part of the blue means that you police in a racist manner (even if it's not necessarily a conscious decision, it's ingrained in the system).

All that is true, but there is more nuance to it... obviously... and I don’t want to get into it. But cops don’t cause the crime in black neighborhoods. Poverty does. I’d actually argue that your previous description of the school, is actually the most “systemic” cause of poverty and racism. Not arguing with you, just adding that there are several other layers. Cops (and teachers) have hard jobs and we shouldn’t “defund” either.   

Turns out Eric Wright was right? Sorry, been listening to a ton of NWA lately. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

workswithweed...I mean @workswithseed should try and help them with their shit garden thing. I admit seeing the photo of that has had me laughing for the last few hours on and off. I’m not sorry either. Lol.

Some were laughing at the dirt on top of cardboard, but that's a pretty common composting tactic.  They should have removed the sod before laying the cardboard though.  Get them a few more truckloads of compost and wood chips and they'd be well on their way.

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

good.  cops are racists.  how do we get rid of the racism in the police force as they interact with the public? I'll post this in the fix the police thread os we can continue to use this thread to laugh at Antifa and the new Manson Family commune in Seattle.