The CHAZ

workswithseed

16 hours ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

That garden looks like my garden when I had no idea how to make a garden, then I left town for two weeks and everything died.  I don't understand the card board.  Is that to keep the fresh dirt from co mingling with the old dirt?  

God bless them.  I kinda wish I had it in me to put effort (I mean, not much effort, let's be honest) into something that I knew was never going to amount to something, just based on principle or maybe more accurately the naivety to believe that one day, that garden will bloom and nourish the bodies of countless CHAZ residents.  I mean, really check your brain at the door and live the fantasy.  Realistically I would have played no part in that garden, not because I don't like fresh veggies, but because I knew ahead of time that the garden would look like it was put together by 10 year olds.  Which it does.

As stated above, the cardboard is to keep down weeds.  The cardboard will inevitably be broken down into compost to nourish the plant, so I'd want to know that it's locally and sustainably sourced and non GMO.  If not, PASS.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

BANDWIDTH FOR RUNNING THIS SITE IS LIMITED. If you have hosting for images, please reach out to me. Temporarily removing the image section, sorry!

You just can't make this shit up. Who the fuck can't get enough bandwith to host images on a shitty text-only website in 2020?

Hey some people want their neighborhoods to have manicured lawns and tasteful landscaping.  Some people want graffiti depicting dick and balls. Who am I to judge?
I'll say again. If all the locals got together and brought weapons, they could run those n'er do goods out in like 90 minutes. Chazistan exists because the locals don't care enough.

I'll say again. If all the locals got together and brought weapons, they could run those n'er do goods out in like 90 minutes. Chazistan exists because the locals don't care enough.

If they cut off all internet/cellular access to the area would they disperse to various Starbucks?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

43 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

Hey some people want their neighborhoods to have manicured lawns and tasteful landscaping.  Some people want graffiti depicting dick and balls. Who am I to judge?

Many people found their way to this site for that same reason 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Ths71 said:

If they cut off all internet/cellular access to the area would they disperse to various Starbucks?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

that was my second thought after electricity and water but the cell access is not possible to cut off without affecting thousands or 10K's of people.  you could in theory shut down the cell towers in a certain radius that might shut them down.

Purposed leadership structure.

Worth the read 
Is this real? The edits are cracking me up....

Introducing: Conflict Resolution Advisory Council

We will form a unique system called the Conflict Resolution Advisory Council.

We hold a community democratic vote to appoint three people to the Council. To eliminate prejudice, we elect one Black man, one Black woman, and one white woman. Each person should undergo at least one 45 minute sensitivity and political training session which we can help organize.

Whenever there is an internal conflict in the Zone, it will be put to the Council. Both people will have an opportunity to present their side of the story to the Council to review.

The Council members will decide on a fair resolution and provide it as advice. Initially the Council will be advisory only. In the future the system could evolve to become more mature with binding resolutions, impositions, retribution, enforcement, and imprisonment.

The appointed people will hear out and settle any internal disputes within the Zone. We're not suggesting that this Council members become leaders or judges, only referees in case of internal conflicts.
Edit 1: After receiving feedback about inclusiveness we shall include in the council one Black man, one Black woman, one trans Black person, one non-binary Black person, and one white woman (5 4 people).
Edit 2: On more feedback we will add to the Council 1 Asian non-male, 1 Native American non-male, and 1 Latinx non-male, and then 4 additional Black men and women to balance it out. In total there are 3 + 4 + 4 = 11 members.
Edit 3: We've received some feedback about including disabledpersons (mental and physical) and homelesspersons on the Council. 20% or 40% of the Council should be persons with lived experience of disability. At least 10% should be experiencing involuntary homelessness.
Edit 4: We realize LGBTQIA communities are being under-represented in the Council so far and are working on proposals to rectify this. The final composition of the balanced Council will likely include 10-50% people who identify as LGBTQIA.
Edit 5: We have agreed to add 3 more seats, two of which are to give a voice to the disadvantaged LGBTQIA community, and one to give children equal representation and fairness. The new seats include one for a LGBTQI-identifying Black disabledperson, one for a LGBTQI-identifying Black homelessperson, and one for a non-white or mixed race child between the ages of 8 and 15.
Edit 6: There have been further concerns raised over the efficacy of the Council to deal with disputes between children, as children are currently not adequately represented. In light of the feedback, we will add child safety training programs to the onboarding session and add one additional seat for another non-white or mixed race child between the ages of 8 and 15 (preferably disabled).
Edit 7: We've heard your concerns about the Asian non-male seat representing all Asian subgroups as if they are a monolithic identity. That wasn't our intention. We will replace the Asian non-male seat with 12 mini-seats for each of the following Asian non-male identities: Chinese, Filipino, Vietnamese, Korean, Japanese, Cambodian, Taiwanese, Malaysian, Mongolian, Okinawan, Singaporean, and wildcard (any Asian identity, except Korean-American). The mini-seats will collectively hold the voting power of one seat.
Edit 8: We've been told that our Council under-represents those with a criminal record or incarceration experience, as white culture allows people to suffer a particular disadvantage because of past convictions. The Council will mandate that more than 25% of its members must have a violent criminal history with previous or current incarceration experience.
Edit 9: Some women have expressed to us that they wouldn't feel comfortable presenting a case involving a sexual offence to a Council that is partly made up of criminals with a history of committing sexual offences. We are placing a cap of 50% on the proportion of Council members who have performed one or more premeditated sexual assaults or rapes in the preceding twelve months. Homelesspersons and disabledpersons are exempt from this cap.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, BNB said:

We hold a community democratic vote to appoint three people to the Council. To eliminate prejudice, we elect one Black man, one Black woman, and one white woman. Each person should undergo at least one 45 minute sensitivity and political training session which we can help organize.

Whenever there is an internal conflict in the Zone, it will be put to the Council. Both people will have an opportunity to present their side of the story to the Council to review.

The Council members will decide on a fair resolution and provide it as advice. Initially the Council will be advisory only. In the future the system could evolve to become more mature with binding resolutions, impositions, retribution, enforcement, and imprisonment.

The appointed people will hear out and settle any internal disputes within the Zone. We're not suggesting that this Council members become leaders or judges, only referees in case of internal conflicts.
Edit 1: After receiving feedback about inclusiveness we shall include in the council one Black man, one Black woman, one trans Black person, one non-binary Black person, and one white woman (5 4 people).
Edit 2: On more feedback we will add to the Council 1 Asian non-male, 1 Native American non-male, and 1 Latinx non-male, and then 4 additional Black men and women to balance it out. In total there are 3 + 4 + 4 = 11 members.
Edit 3: We've received some feedback about including disabledpersons (mental and physical) and homelesspersons on the Council. 20% or 40% of the Council should be persons with lived experience of disability. At least 10% should be experiencing involuntary homelessness.
Edit 4: We realize LGBTQIA communities are being under-represented in the Council so far and are working on proposals to rectify this. The final composition of the balanced Council will likely include 10-50% people who identify as LGBTQIA.
Edit 5: We have agreed to add 3 more seats, two of which are to give a voice to the disadvantaged LGBTQIA community, and one to give children equal representation and fairness. The new seats include one for a LGBTQI-identifying Black disabledperson, one for a LGBTQI-identifying Black homelessperson, and one for a non-white or mixed race child between the ages of 8 and 15.
Edit 6: There have been further concerns raised over the efficacy of the Council to deal with disputes between children, as children are currently not adequately represented. In light of the feedback, we will add child safety training programs to the onboarding session and add one additional seat for another non-white or mixed race child between the ages of 8 and 15 (preferably disabled).
Edit 7: We've heard your concerns about the Asian non-male seat representing all Asian subgroups as if they are a monolithic identity. That wasn't our intention. We will replace the Asian non-male seat with 12 mini-seats for each of the following Asian non-male identities: Chinese, Filipino, Vietnamese, Korean, Japanese, Cambodian, Taiwanese, Malaysian, Mongolian, Okinawan, Singaporean, and wildcard (any Asian identity, except Korean-American). The mini-seats will collectively hold the voting power of one seat.
Edit 8: We've been told that our Council under-represents those with a criminal record or incarceration experience, as white culture allows people to suffer a particular disadvantage because of past convictions. The Council will mandate that more than 25% of its members must have a violent criminal history with previous or current incarceration experience.
Edit 9: Some women have expressed to us that they wouldn't feel comfortable presenting a case involving a sexual offence to a Council that is partly made up of criminals with a history of committing sexual offences. We are placing a cap of 50% on the proportion of Council members who have performed one or more premeditated sexual assaults or rapes in the preceding twelve months. Homelesspersons and disabledpersons are exempt from this cap.

this reads like a monty python skit.

7 is awesome - Wildcard!  any asian except Korean

9 is glorious - holy shit

the beauty is exposing how the world would work if these idiots ever gained control

• Like 1

I really don’t know, but he is a “verified” community member, which means he had to post a picture proving he was in the Chaz.  Plus If you look at his post history he has been involved since the very beginning.   

If it was a troll post, he did A lot of ground working leading up to it. 

Edited by Xian

15 minutes ago, BNB said:

In light of the feedback, we will add child safety training programs to the onboarding session and add one additional seat for another non-white or mixed race child between the ages of 8 and 15 (preferably disabled).

I think this is my favorite part of the entire thing. 

I missed this previously.  one requirement was have a violent criminal past with "previous incarceration experience".   holy shit.  do like the genz/millenial use of "onboarding process".

I don't see a reference to "thought leaders" though so someone is falling down on their job. 

BANDWIDTH FOR RUNNING THIS SITE IS LIMITED. If you have hosting for images, please reach out to me. Temporarily removing the image section, sorry!
You just can't make this shit up. Who the fuck can't get enough bandwith to host images on a shitty text-only website in 2020?

Tough to run a country and shit from your phone that is networked from a foreign country. They’ll figure it out

28 minutes ago, BNB said:

My question is, how do you put a mentally disabled person on a advisory council? That could be a real train wreck.

Just now, Brothahorn said:

My question is, how do you put a mentally disabled person on a advisory council? That could be a real train wreck.

good point but I think we have passed the train wreck portion of the movie.  we are on to the ending of Dr. Strangelove.  They just need a huge round table in the starbucks sponsored war room.

48 minutes ago, BNB said:

I laughed out loud. I dont care if it is real or not. What an awesome post

1 hour ago, Xian said:

I really don’t know, but he is a “verified” community member, which means he had to post a picture proving he was in the Chaz.  Plus If you look at his post history he has been involved since the very beginning.   

If it was a troll post, he did A lot of ground working leading up to it. 

The more I read it over and over I'm about 99% positive it's a troll post, but more of a Seattle local laughing at ourselves than some outsider type thing trying to stir a pot. It's fucking hilarious and I support it 100%, especially the 12 mini seats for Asia and minimum 25% must have violent criminal history lmfao,

There is zero actual organisation to this thing. It's a block party that started as a protest and has devolved into shenanigans. I wish the protesters just moved onto a different police building or city hall. At the same time I understand enjoying taking a break from tear gas and rubber bullets and pepper balls. But it's time to get back on track.

16 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Guys, this is gonna die down and go away once they all use up their vacation days and hafta go back to their jobs.

yeah, I just looked up how the "Summer Of Love" died, b/c people were comparing it to that, and thats how it seemed to die.

But we have a lot more jobless people now and a bunch of rich people that will fund them.  We will see.  I am enjoying the entertainment(most of us seem to be history and news junkies).

I appreciate the message.  I hope leaders have heard the people by now and will work to make changes.

I read there were a few other cities that had protesters that wanted to emulate this, but Police shut it down quick.

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/1271863809137717248?s=20

Edited by BNB

Maybe not even that long with the right crew.

f95efc76e5ddfc0d90d8758e57f443f1.jpg

Send in the real Chaz to set shit straight.
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, BNB said:

Poor mini Asians.