OU Recruiting 2022: Abnormal Mutations in OUDNA

texifornia

Given the volume of Ewers-related posting, makes sense to fire this up early. (New title submissions happily accepted)

OU has one 2022 commit, Lubbock Cooper LB Kobie McKinzie (though he might reclassify): https://247sports.com/player/kobie-mckinzie-46078975/

It's 5:38pm, and OU still sucks.

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
56 minutes ago, texifornia said:

EdA6n5DWAAID1Ae?format=png&name=360x360

It's going to be interesting when other coaches point out, some of them very sweaty, that Ewers is an early enrollee will only be 6 months behind Caleb Williams, who cannot graduate from his HS early. Ewers who is coming from a much higher level of competition, etc ... and will need far less time to acclimate to the system, the location, the level of competition, and the teammates. 

I read that William's mother is going to move to Norman to be there with her son, while the father stays in DC. I'd maybe hold off on that one if I were them. Riley is selling 2 years to Rattler, to Williams, and to Ewers but there's little doubt in my mind that Ewers would pass Williams on the depth chart almost immediately. People have been asking if Williams commitment would keep Ewers away, the bigger question for Sooners should be, if OU and Ewers heat up will it cause Williams to back out go to Maryland. 

Also, if there's a 2020 season Texas is going to fuckstomp OU and Ewers will commit to Herman while his mother throws a horns down. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, golfclap said:

It's going to be interesting when other coaches point out, some of them very sweaty, that Ewers is an early enrollee will only be 6 months behind Caleb Williams, who cannot graduate from his HS early. Ewers who is coming from a much higher level of competition, etc ... and will need far less time to acclimate to the system, the location, the level of competition, and the teammates. 

I read that William's mother is going to move to Norman to be there with her son, while the father stays in DC. I'd maybe hold off on that one if I were them. Riley is selling 2 years to Rattler, to Williams, and to Ewers but there's little doubt in my mind that Ewers would pass Williams on the depth chart almost immediately. People have been asking if Williams commitment would keep Ewers away, the bigger question for Sooners should be, if OU and Ewers heat up will it cause Williams to back out go to Maryland. 

Also, if there's a 2020 season Texas is going to fuckstomp OU and Ewers will commit to Herman while his mother throws a horns down. 

I've seen LSU fans remark on how Caleb's dad is a pretty big helicopter, and how it'll be quite the helicopter dad battle between he and Rattler's 

8 hours ago, golfclap said:

This is fascinating. Williams is basically a developmental prospect with top 5 draft upside, but accuracy and mental makeup are his deficiencies. Ewers would be ready to start from the jump. Advanced hs offense, high level of competition, early enrollee. So Riley would have 6 months to decide between running his offense with Kyler's arm and Baker's legs, or like Jalen Hurts + a little speed - confidence. Coming off of Rattler, I think he would prefer the former unless Williams is able to close the gap on his deficiencies which are the 2 hardest for QBs to overcome. 

Drumm on Ewers

*** Riley, Sooners pushing hard for 2022 five-star QB Quinn Ewers***

Quinn Ewers (Photo: Collin Kennedy, 247Sports)

Sooners landed five-star and top QB Caleb Williams in 2021 class, but as recruiting goes you need a QB almost every year. Luckily, for the Sooners, the top QB in the nation, for 2022 class, sits just two and a half hours south of Norman and the OU campus, in Quinn Ewers out of Southlake (TX) Carroll.

Lincoln Riley has produced one of the top QB's in the nation the last three seasons and with that Riley has become known as the QB whisperer of college football. That reputation has paid off landing the number one QB in 2019, now Sooners RS freshman Spencer Rattler, and one of the top QB's in the nation in 2020 with four-star Chandler Morris. Add five-star and top QB, Caleb Williams, in 2021, and you have quite the run the Sooners have been on the last three recruiting cycles.

Enter five-star and number one overall player in the 2022 class, Quinn Ewers, this recruiting cycle. Lincoln Riley has been on Ewers for quite some time -- and some feel, including myself, the Sooners lead for the elite 2022 Southlake (TX) Carroll QB -- but can Riley pull Williams and Ewers in back-to-back classes? Well, that all depends on how Ewers and his family see the situation, along with how well Riley recruits and shows the five-star where he fits into things in the Sooners offensive future. I spoke to Ewers father, Curtis, for nearly an hour last week and he told me, "Caleb committing does make you think about things that you didn't previously," Mr. Ewers said. "But, Riley has proven he can do so much in developing and getting a QB drafted in the top of the first round that it also helps them. We also don't shy away from competition, so it's a balance in how you look at things. Anyone else you might just move on from or drop down the list a bit, but you also have a coach that is just such a good person, too. He has done a great job recruiting Quinn and really being open and honest with us about it all."

The elder Ewers also noted that Quinn is very confident in his ability but also very humble and you see it in how Ewers carries himself, saying, "He just loves the game and process of learning," Ewers father stated. "He has great one-on-one film talks with Riley on a regular basis, and you can see that they mesh really well together. As for how we attack the recruiting process, I don't think Quinn is in any hurry and is just taking it day-by-day right now."

Mr.Ewers said teams like Oklahoma, Clemson, Alabama, Ohio State, USC, and Texas have really been very consistent recruiting him, but as he noted there isn't a lot of hurry to make a decision with offers like LSU rolling in recently. They are basically wide open with everyone, he says.

Right now, I have my crystal ball in for the Sooners -- as does 247Sports recruiting director Steve Wiltfong -- and I really like where OU stands with Ewers. The 2022 star QB was called "the best QB to come out since Trevor Lawrence" by 247Sports Scouting Director Charles Powers. That is some pretty heady stuff considering we have seen Justin Fields, Spencer Rattler, Bryce Young and Caleb Williams all come out in what seems like the golden age era of QB talent. Thing is, it's a valid argument and one that is very believable when watching Ewers play. Just crazy to think with the talent of the QB's listed that came out previous years. Shows you how much Ewers talent is respected on a national level.

Even at the Durant Camp, national reporters were talking to me about Ewers and one very respected national analyst told me, "He is insanely talented and I also agree with you guys scout Charles Powers when he said he is the best to come out since Trevor Lawrence," the national analyst said. "I think Justin Fields, Caleb Williams and Spencer Rattler are special and in the same category, but those two are different, in my opinion. You're really just splitting hairs when you get to those five guys level, though. All of them are just different in arm strength, accuracy, and overall talent."

This will be a fun one to follow and I want to thank Mr. Curtis Ewers for the interview. He was so gracious about it all and I look forward to getting to know him more during Quinn’s process.

The interview was also a way for me to get some information to you all about the Ewers relationship with Riley, along with introducing you all to the Sooners 2022 QB target.

Again, I like where the Sooners stand, but this one has a long way to go. In my opinion, one thing to watch out for is if Mike Yurcich — newly hired OC at Texas — proves that they can have a solid offense. If so, Texas would be something to watch going forward — even more so than they already are at this point. I don't know how much they would jump up, but they would definitely get a boost, in my opinion.

Still, overall I like where the Sooners sit even after the Caleb Williams commitment thanks to Lincoln Riley's ability to produce a top NFL Draft pick after only a season or two of playing.

Stay tuned as we will update you all as we continue to follow Ewers during his junior year.

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Sawchuck Fong'd to OU - any RB they take that isn't Blue, Jones, and Price is good for Texas.

https://247sports.com/Player/Gavin-Sawchuk-46080732/

Guess Murray has been having more success with the 2022 recruits, as they've also been trending for this 5* RB out of Mater Dei for some time now:

https://247sports.com/player/raleek-brown-46053600/

5 minutes ago, ChampionshipLevelPiss said:

Guess Murray has been having more success with the 2022 recruits, as they've also been trending for this 5* RB out of Mater Dei for some time now:

OOS guys that haven't had Gary Patterson shit all over Murray. He will, given the chance. 

1 hour ago, ChampionshipLevelPiss said:

They've also been trending for this 5* RB out of Mater Dei for some time now:

Brown camped at OU like 2 yrs ago and ran some amazing times. He can apparently catch like a WR too.

Apparently he's been OU's to lose since before that visit. He moved to Mater Dei for Sr season. I can't remember OU getting a recruit from that HS (USC feeder), so we'll see whether the affinity for OU sticks.

Sooners with several virtual visits today 3 known right now from top 100 defensive guys 2 from FL and Sylla from Katy  ::

I know that you all saw the tweet by Annie Hanson about virtual visits. Well, I spoke with the players doing the virtual visits and they are 2022 four-star edge rusher Kenyatta Jackson, 2022 four-star OLB Marvin Jones Jr and then tomorrow it’s 2022 four-star DL Malick Sylla.

That’s what I know so far, but I will add names as I get them.

I’m also set to speak with Jones and Jackson after their virtual, so hope to have more later

https://247sports.com/Player/Kenyatta-Jackson-46084576/

https://247sports.com/Player/Marvin-Jones-Jr-46094716/

https://247sports.com/Player/Malick-Sylla-46093619/

Edited by golfclap

5 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Haha ::

OU getting a loudmouth somewhat-but-not-overwhelmingly talented DB? It must be, well, ever year. 

Motley, Radley-Hiles, and McCutchin salue his respect for tradition. Dwight McGlothern sheds a single tear for his people in Baton Rouge..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, golfclap said:

OU update — I think this is going to be a fantastic recruitment :: 

Hey everyone:

I know you saw the tweet that was put out by 2022 target Bobby Taylor.

I'm not expecting a collegiate decision tomorrow.

So, you all can rest easy!

Oh darn

Simpson is going to Clemson unless anything changes. 

OU could get in on the battle for Maalik Murphy but I don't know about that one for OU. I think they could put themselves in the mix for Sam Horn or perhaps Marchiol. AJ Duffy seems Oregon bound. Justyn Martin doesn't have a ton of heavy hitters already on him. 

fuck OU. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

Seems like the asshurt rallying cries of cockgobblers everywhere is that Tom will fuck up his development or something. There's stuff to make fun of Mensa for, but remind me how many QBs' development he has fucked up in his coaching career?

Cardale Jones......oh wait. 

CHIEF

3 minutes ago, golfclap said:

So early report on Sooner Summit attendees it appears that Emeka Egbuka, JT Tuimoloau, Mario Williams, and perhaps Bryce Foster will not be there. Drumm will have a full list on Friday. 

sounds pretty lit..  Caleb Williams really is the pied piper

2 minutes ago, golfclap said:

So early report on Sooner Summit attendees it appears that Emeka Egbuka, JT Tuimoloau, Mario Williams, and perhaps Bryce Foster will not be there. Drumm will have a full list on Friday. 

I was entertained in that thread, where Bishop talked about it being a good thing for Egbuka to visit Oklahoma in November instead of this weekend because of the weather, and then one poster said that point was stupid, and then the rest of the thread posters piling on him and talking up Norman in November 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, golfclap said:

d3e3e43761bac6fb-laugh-laughing-gif-find

and don't forget Wheaton. 

Of course, maybe them going would be even better. Sounds like a self guided tour with a few shitbag parents will be an outstanding recruiting environment...for us.

1 hour ago, Thiefery said:

lol doesn't get the sense Ewers has Caleb's recruiting chops, huh? LOL

Funny thing is that the Ewers commitment to the good guys, which actually created tangible momentum across the board, was pretty much exactly what Drumm had promised his subscribers the Williams commitment would do for OU

• Hook 'Em 2