OU Recruiting 2022: Abnormal Mutations in OUDNA

texifornia

45 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Please point me to where we've folded up shop for the '21 shop, meth mouth.

Exactly. It’s early August with16 commits — Texas will add 8-10 more players to the class. Far from the folded up wishcasting aggy/Sooner carping. 

mooreboomer (the grandfathered-in mod with no real sources) is kicking up sand that we're going to eventually lose Ewers to Clemson, which couldn't be a more transparent play to slow down the '22 WR momentum than if he showed up to their houses with a PLEASE DON'T COMMIT TO TEXAS sign like Love Actually

Spoiler

EgE1qn2WoAA0yte?format=jpg&name=360x360EgE1xd8XkAAu-_R?format=jpg&name=360x360EgE1y9MX0AEX1le?format=jpg&name=360x360EgE10VhWAAEW3vf?format=jpg&name=360x360

23 minutes ago, texifornia said:

mooreboomer (the grandfathered-in mod with no real sources) is kicking up sand that we're going to eventually lose Ewers to Clemson, which couldn't be a more transparent play to slow down the '22 WR momentum than if he showed up to their houses with a PLEASE DON'T COMMIT TO TEXAS sign like Love Actually

Reveal hidden contents

EgE1qn2WoAA0yte?format=jpg&name=360x360EgE1xd8XkAAu-_R?format=jpg&name=360x360EgE1y9MX0AEX1le?format=jpg&name=360x360EgE10VhWAAEW3vf?format=jpg&name=360x360

I don’t know this person but I would love to fight him...wishcasting mother fucker

1 minute ago, RGBIII said:

I don’t know this person but I would love to fight him...wishcasting mother fucker

Given his recent activity, you could probably get Bishop to say he'll have a go, but he's got keyboard tough guy written (typed?) all over him and he'd probably no-show and say he was kidding the whole time.

11 hours ago, texifornia said:

Reveal hidden contents

He's somehow much worse than Drumm.

15 hours ago, RGBIII said:

It's a game.

It's a game that you're watching.

It's game that you can't even attend in person this year.

The dude's stupid for sure, but he's not wanting to brawl about it.

• Fuck You 1

On 8/20/2020 at 1:50 PM, Fud said:

Three Oklahoma kids, and one commit

To be fair, the four kids 247 composite rankings:

15, 54, 88, 172

That's a pretty good group for essentially a dinner and hanging out with parents 15 months before their signing day.

The Texas 2022 QB texted a couple of guys and the national #1, 47, 73, 208 all got together and played football. That’s a good group to drive an hour to play catch 15 months before signing day. 

Getting 3 Oklahoma high school kids to come out to an event for OU recruits, regardless of their rank, isn’t a paradigm shift. These kids have more guys in attendance and better camaraderie building at agility and speed training sessions, 7on7 practices, etc...  This just happens to have press coverage, and that press coverage is wearing fanboi-tinted glasses. 

• Hook 'Em 3

18 minutes ago, quigley said:

To be fair, the four kids 247 composite rankings:

15, 54, 88, 172

That's a pretty good group for essentially a dinner and hanging out with parents 15 months before their signing day.

“The SoonerSummit was quite the event. ...was one of the more extraordinary things I have seen done in recruiting in a long time.

It created a buzz that reaches far beyond the SoonerSummit itself. “

1 minute ago, Enchubben said:

“The SoonerSummit was quite the event. ...was one of the more extraordinary things I have seen done in recruiting in a long time.

It created a buzz that reaches far beyond the SoonerSummit itself. “

Maybe the guac was really good?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, golfclap said:

The Texas 2022 QB texted a couple of guys and the national #1, 47, 73, 208 all got together and played football. That’s a good group to drive an hour to play catch 15 months before signing day. 

Getting 3 Oklahoma high school kids to come out to an event for OU recruits, regardless of their rank, isn’t a paradigm shift. These kids have more guys in attendance and better camaraderie building at agility and speed training sessions, 7on7 practices, etc...  This just happens to have press coverage, and that press coverage is wearing fanboi-tinted glasses. 

Agreed, I'll give props to Williams for organizing it (although he was almost certainly assisted by OU's coaching staff and/or 247 guys) but acting like it's some once in a lifetime event is a bit excessive

• Hook 'Em 1

OU 247 / Brandon Drumm / Drumm Beat: Sunday SoonerSummit buzz & more!

Spoiler

Drumm Beat: Sunday SoonerSummit buzz & more!

Brandon Drumm

*** SoonerSummit Notes and more ***

*** The SoonerSummit was quite the event. The fact Carl and Caleb Williams put that together was one of the more extraordinary things I have seen done in recruiting in a long time.

It created a buzz that reaches far beyond the  SoonerSummit itself. One thing I can say is that the “O” last night is a bit up in the air who it was for, but what I can tell you is that a Summit member has asked for some things that you would want to announce a commitment. The recruit involved in some potential good news even said they confirmed to me that it was OU for them, so that is great news for Sooners fans. 

That’s about as far as I go with that bit of good news.

*** The “far-reaching comment” is what you all are wondering about, correct? Well, that is where the “O” gets a bit tricky.

You all asked about others saying there was more to this weekend. Well, one source says the “O” was for a 2021 target that was at the Summit. They admitted they are a bit confused when it comes to the "O" being a link in the #LincUp21 chain or if the eyes are for other classes. They do feel like the "O" was for a player that reached out to Oklahoma asking for things that can move the commitment steps forward if you will.  

However, there is another bit of good news that went down in stealth mode. Yes, we knew about it earlier yesterday, but there was a reason we never went and said anything or even hinted towards it. The elite player didn’t want it out or potentially out. So, with that, what I can say is that OU has hit the jackpot with another highly ranked player. No, I won’t say who it is. We won't even hint on the class or side of the ball, but I told you last night the Summit made its mark with buzz across the country in 2021, 2022 and 2023 classes. So much so that a player not at the SoonerSummit made the move and told the staff some good news. 

I'll even add that I don't have a CB in for said player because they caught me off-guard. I have discussed them a bit on here, but not as much as I should have, obviously. That's a bit of hindsight being 20/20 type of deal. 

So, when can we go public with more info? Don’t hold your breath unless I’m given the okay to go further with hints, etc. Still, it’s a REALLY good get and one that I would call a HUGE surprise.

That’s as far as I go and will go, period.

Just wanted to touch base on a few of you all saying you heard more was out there last night.

*** 2021 five-star RB Camar Wheaton showed up and spent a good 5-6 hours with the SoonerSummit on Saturday. He did leave to go back early, but it was because of his mother's bday. Wheaton is very close to his mom, so him taking the time to wake up at 4:30 am and arrive in Norman at 8 am shows you how serious he is taking the Sooners, in regards to his recruitment. 

I have been told, by several sources, that the visit went “great” and a source added, “He got to see his potential OL in the flesh,” the source said. “Camar is a family guy, but he knows football is a priority in all of this. A running back with the potential of running behind Cullen, Byrd, Leigh, and Foster (source feels OU leads)? That’s big-time. He got to meet and see three of the four. Plus, he had a great time with the OU staff zoom, lunch, and hanging out with the rest of the guys.”

I feel a bit more confident in where OU stands with Wheaton following the weekend. I never thought much of him committing during the visit, but it was another chance for the Sooners 2021 class to make a mark on the elite, quiet, five-star RB.

Now it’s back to the waiting game with him, but the SoonerSummit served its purpose and made it’s mark with Wheaton. Was it enough to pull ahead of Texas and put OU firmly in the driver seat? That is yet to be seen as Coach Stan Drayton is a relentless recruiter. He and the Sooners running back coach, Demarco Murray, are in a really intriguing head-to-head battle for Wheaton. 

We will keep you all up-to-date the best we can on Camar. The SoonerSummit was big, though.

*** I did exit interviews last night with five-star OL Tristan Leigh and spoke with his mother, Laura, for a long time.

Interesting note: Leigh’s aunt is one of five main zombies on The Walking Dead. As a huge fan of the show, I was blown away with pics and stories about his aunt's experience.

We will have some stand-alone articles on Leigh and what’s next with him, along with video interview, later on today or tomorrow.

The same goes for four-star OL Savion Byrd and four-star WR Jalil Farooq. I did exit interviews with him and will also have a four-star DB (Bama commit) Khyree Jackson update coming.

*** Stay tuned for more on the summit with sourced quotes and notes, along with interviews and more! All on OUInsider.com VIP Board!

Now it’s back to the waiting game with him, but the SoonerSummit served its purpose and made it’s mark with Wheaton. Was it enough to pull ahead of Texas and put OU firmly in the driver seat? That is yet to be seen as Coach Stan Drayton is a relentless recruiter. He and the Sooners running back coach, Demarco Murray, are in a really intriguing head-to-head battle for Wheaton. 

Um

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, golfclap said:

Having the parents there is significant negative.

Regardless, who's making a big deal about this? Not me.

If you're complaining about 9.95ers creating content, that's essentially their job.

36 minutes ago, Getafix said:

OU 247 / Brandon Drumm / Drumm Beat: Sunday SoonerSummit buzz & more!

Reveal hidden contents

Drumm Beat: Sunday SoonerSummit buzz & more!

Brandon Drumm

*** SoonerSummit Notes and more ***

*** The SoonerSummit was quite the event. The fact Carl and Caleb Williams put that together was one of the more extraordinary things I have seen done in recruiting in a long time.

It created a buzz that reaches far beyond the  SoonerSummit itself. One thing I can say is that the “O” last night is a bit up in the air who it was for, but what I can tell you is that a Summit member has asked for some things that you would want to announce a commitment. The recruit involved in some potential good news even said they confirmed to me that it was OU for them, so that is great news for Sooners fans. 

That’s about as far as I go with that bit of good news.

*** The “far-reaching comment” is what you all are wondering about, correct? Well, that is where the “O” gets a bit tricky.

You all asked about others saying there was more to this weekend. Well, one source says the “O” was for a 2021 target that was at the Summit. They admitted they are a bit confused when it comes to the "O" being a link in the #LincUp21 chain or if the eyes are for other classes. They do feel like the "O" was for a player that reached out to Oklahoma asking for things that can move the commitment steps forward if you will.  

However, there is another bit of good news that went down in stealth mode. Yes, we knew about it earlier yesterday, but there was a reason we never went and said anything or even hinted towards it. The elite player didn’t want it out or potentially out. So, with that, what I can say is that OU has hit the jackpot with another highly ranked player. No, I won’t say who it is. We won't even hint on the class or side of the ball, but I told you last night the Summit made its mark with buzz across the country in 2021, 2022 and 2023 classes. So much so that a player not at the SoonerSummit made the move and told the staff some good news. 

I'll even add that I don't have a CB in for said player because they caught me off-guard. I have discussed them a bit on here, but not as much as I should have, obviously. That's a bit of hindsight being 20/20 type of deal. 

So, when can we go public with more info? Don’t hold your breath unless I’m given the okay to go further with hints, etc. Still, it’s a REALLY good get and one that I would call a HUGE surprise.

That’s as far as I go and will go, period.

Just wanted to touch base on a few of you all saying you heard more was out there last night.

*** 2021 five-star RB Camar Wheaton showed up and spent a good 5-6 hours with the SoonerSummit on Saturday. He did leave to go back early, but it was because of his mother's bday. Wheaton is very close to his mom, so him taking the time to wake up at 4:30 am and arrive in Norman at 8 am shows you how serious he is taking the Sooners, in regards to his recruitment. 

I have been told, by several sources, that the visit went “great” and a source added, “He got to see his potential OL in the flesh,” the source said. “Camar is a family guy, but he knows football is a priority in all of this. A running back with the potential of running behind Cullen, Byrd, Leigh, and Foster (source feels OU leads)? That’s big-time. He got to meet and see three of the four. Plus, he had a great time with the OU staff zoom, lunch, and hanging out with the rest of the guys.”

I feel a bit more confident in where OU stands with Wheaton following the weekend. I never thought much of him committing during the visit, but it was another chance for the Sooners 2021 class to make a mark on the elite, quiet, five-star RB.

We will keep you all up-to-date the best we can on Camar. The SoonerSummit was big, though.

*** I did exit interviews last night with five-star OL Tristan Leigh and spoke with his mother, Laura, for a long time.

Interesting note: Leigh’s aunt is one of five main zombies on The Walking Dead. As a huge fan of the show, I was blown away with pics and stories about his aunt's experience.

We will have some stand-alone articles on Leigh and what’s next with him, along with video interview, later on today or tomorrow.

The same goes for four-star OL Savion Byrd and four-star WR Jalil Farooq. I did exit interviews with him and will also have a four-star DB (Bama commit) Khyree Jackson update coming.

*** Stay tuned for more on the summit with sourced quotes and notes, along with interviews and more! All on OUInsider.com VIP Board!

So one 2021 silent at the event, and one 2021-2023 silent not at the event? 

1 hour ago, quigley said:

Having the parents there is significant negative.

Regardless, who's making a big deal about this? Not me.

If you're complaining about 9.95ers creating content, that's essentially their job.

$9.95ers recruiting for the schools they cover is absolutely not their job. 

2 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Texas is definitely the exception. Most of the guys who cover Texas recruiting are complete shit heels who subvert our recruiting efforts far too frequently. 

Most of them didn't go to Texas and aren't fans, so they treat it like a regular shitty reporting gig - they're only "friends of the program" if it helps them get a scoop. The OU247 guys and the TexAgs goobers are incredibly emotionally invested.

6 hours ago, quigley said:

It's a game.

It's a game that you're watching.

It's game that you can't even attend in person this year.

The dude's stupid for sure, but he's not wanting to brawl about it.

I don’t know you...but I’d like to fight you too

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Josh McCuistion with a forecast/CB for Brenen Thompson to OU. OU will also get Talyn Shettron. They are going to have a filthy WR class.

Going to be interesting to see how many spots they use at WR. Looks like they plan to take 4 as well as a TE. that would be 4 each year and a rolling 3 year of 12 WRs - as well as taking 3 transfers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, golfclap said:

Josh McCuistion with a forecast/CB for Brenen Thompson to OU.

This is from TFB.  Does sound like Thompson.

**August 22nd : ‘O’ : This was the sensitive one. At the time, we gave you no clues other than to say it was a very highly ranked recruit who informed Lincoln Riley of his intentions to commit to Oklahoma.

Here is what we can tell you now since the reason around the sensitivity regarding the commitment has been addressed. It is a 2022 offensive player. We will get further into the details of why we were asked to hold any hints at a later time, but as we indicated, it’s a big get