OU Recruiting 2022: Abnormal Mutations in OUDNA

texifornia

18 minutes ago, Fud said:

There are a few plays where he sort of lobs the ball to a spot while he’s out of the pocket moving away from potential pressure so that a WR can run to it. Weird criticism 

Yeah, it's a very strange criticism.  I would think the ability to put touch on a pass is something you'd like to see in someone with a big arm, as there is a tendency for qbs like that to force every throw.  Same with seeing some footage of dink and dunks...again, don't you want a guy to make the smart throw?

Ultimately, he's a huge player with a ridiculously strong arm, no huge issues with his mechanics at his age, and what appears to be an outgoing personality.  

He's done well in camp settings but he definitely has more delta then most prospects in his ranking category.  Will he be able to assimilate the playbook?  Will he be able to come off his first read and make progressions?  Will he be able to read the coverages correctly?  Will he maintain velocity when asked to get outside the playbook?  An underrated part of Roethlisberger's game is the ability to move around in the pocket to buy some time.  It's something Murphy will have to do as he's not the most mobile? 

When you look at Sark's history, his best qbs aren't always those with the best arms or physical attributes.  However, he's had success with all sorts.  Murphy is a guy who is well deserving of a high 4 star rating.  If everything clicks, he's a 1st round talent since you can't teach arm strength, size and personality.  

Outside of a surefire star like Ewers, it's hard to find a prospect that has as much upside.  

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, TommyGufano said:

I don't think anyone here has suggested that he got MVP because he was a Sooner. Just that they pre-determined he was the #1 guy there and ignored a lackluster showing (went so far as to announce they were recalibrating the MVP formula because he was middling-to-bad in each drill ranking) and gave him the award.

Thank you

18 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

It’s always fascinated me to witness the majority of the sooner poster base fucking up “lose” for “loose”. How can the difference between those two words escape any imbecile above the age of 8? They almost always default to getting it wrong. 

Their public education system consistently ranks in the bottom 5-10 states in the nation.

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

It’s always fascinated me to witness the majority of the sooner poster base fucking up “lose” for “loose”. How can the difference between those two words escape any imbecile above the age of 8? They almost always default to getting it wrong. 

They’re fucking idiots. You know this.

The conversations going into the Cotton Bowl every October are always fun. insulting their intelligence is easy and they rarely even pick up on it. They also usually beat us, and that part sucks. 

• Hook 'Em 3

On 2/22/2021 at 7:45 AM, Lou_Sassle said:

BlowU thoughts on Murphy...Screenshot_20210222-084106_Chrome.thumb.jpg.880135cf7f5472b42407cf2eaee1ea3d.jpg

Screenshot_20210222-084115_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210222-084133_Chrome.jpg

The stupidity in these comments is so thick you could cut it with a knife. Terrible grammar, lack/misuse of punctuation, a pretty egregious "there/their/they're" mistake, and the insane belief that Maalik doesn't have a strong arm. It's almost impressive, really. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, campcrunk said:

The stupidity in these comments is so thick you could cut it with a knife. Terrible grammar, lack/misuse of punctuation, a pretty egregious "there/their/they're" mistake, and the insane belief that Maalik doesn't have a strong arm. It's almost impressive, really. 

TL/DR OU sucks. 

Stop showing off your/yoor/yur Texas education and your/you're/yur big words.  Its/It's not nice to pick on their/there/they're grammar.  Just imagine that you grew up inhaling meth fumes you're/your entire life and give them a brakes. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

I like how they’re comparing this to the Charlie and Herman bumps. The 2015 and 16 classes we’re really solid but we missed on some of the top prospects in the state. 2017 wasn’t Herman’s fault but not getting Little, Br Chaisson and Anthony Hines. I honestly don’t remember If we had a shot at Dobbins or Browning. Our 2018 and 19 classes were pretty fucking good but yet again we missed out on some game changing prospects (Garrett Wilson, Noah Cain, Leal, just off the top of my head). But yeah Sark is loading up on the type of receivers OU has had since like Stoops was hired. 5-11 to 6-2 insanely fast dudes who can run precision routes and has insane catching ability. Compare the dudes we have committed now or see about I commit then look at Herman’s classes. With big, slow, weak and terrible route runners like Eagles and Epps 

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, Fletch said:

With big, slow, weak and terrible route runners like Eagles and Epps 

Agree with everything in your post, excluding the Eagles comment. The guy is an absolute freak of nature and you take him in any class because maybe he does learn to play football and you have a top 15-20 draft pick that is bigger, stronger, quicker, and faster than every single defender he faces. Eagles is all of those things. He just isn’t good at football. He’s the high risk/high reward player you take every time, imho. 

As a high school kid on a very slow track on a cold rainy day where everyone tested like shit Eagles put up these numbers :: 

Brennan Eagles - 6’3.5” - 214 - 4.51 - 3.99 shuttle - 37 vertical - 39.0’ powerball

it didn’t work but I’d take that chance again in a heartbeat. Epps can get fucked. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, golfclap said:

Agree with everything in your post, excluding the Eagles comment. The guy is an absolute freak of nature and you take him in any class because maybe he does learn to play football and you have a top 15-20 draft pick that is bigger, stronger, quicker, and faster than every single defender he faces. Eagles is all of those things. He just isn’t good at football. He’s the high risk/high reward player you take every time, imho. 

As a high school kid on a very slow track on a cold rainy day where everyone tested like shit Eagles put up these numbers :: 

Brennan Eagles - 6’3.5” - 214 - 4.51 - 3.99 shuttle - 37 vertical - 39.0’ powerball

it didn’t work but I’d take that chance again in a heartbeat. Epps can get fucked. 

probably going to get negged, but I think Epps has a big season then goes to the NFL as a mid round pick.

1 hour ago, golfclap said:

Fair enough. Eagles is a freak athlete but a terrible route runner. So yeah. Really glad we’re loading up on 5-11 speedsters who can catch anything thrown their way and run crisp routes 

22 hours ago, golfclap said:

I’ll argue that Eagles worked out fine as a guy. Having him need to be THE guy was always going to be a problem. If he was the third option in a WR corps, we’d have been pretty happy. His potential always frustrated people. 

21 hours ago, Thiefery said:

probably going to get negged, but I think Epps has a big season then goes to the NFL as a mid round pick.

I enjoyed this take. I see no chance of it being correct, but I at least read it and had to pause and think about what I was seeing. 

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

I’ll argue that Eagles worked out fine as a guy. Having him need to be THE guy was always going to be a problem. If he was the third option in a WR corps, we’d have been pretty happy. His potential always frustrated people. 

I enjoyed this take. I see no chance of it being correct, but I at least read it and had to pause and think about what I was seeing. 

As an OG Epps hater, I continue to just be completely baffled by the Epps optimism that leaks out every offseason. The guy is slow as molasses and soft as charmin. He’s never been good at football and he’s never had a high ceiling, yet 995ers and other people talk themselves into him every offseason. I’m not sure if it will ever end. But I guess you can never say never, maybe Taquon Graham will finally have that breakout season I’ve been hearing about for 5 years. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

As an OG Epps hater, I continue to just be completely baffled by the Epps optimism that leaks out every offseason. The guy is slow as molasses and soft as charmin. He’s never been good at football and he’s never had a high ceiling, yet 995ers and other people talk themselves into him every offseason. I’m not sure if it will ever end. But I guess you can never say never, maybe Taquon Graham will finally have that breakout season I’ve been hearing about for 5 years. 

Naashon Hughes is going to fulfill his offseason promise any year now.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, D3zii said:

I was really hoping Flood went after him, I think Texas could have got him with us needing a center but congrats to him 

Looks like we want Robertson (or maybe Hutson if that goes sideways?) for that spot.

Also we don't congratulate Sooners, wtf dude?

Edited by texifornia

Just now, texifornia said:

Looks like we want Robertson (or maybe Hutson if that goes sideways?) for that spot.

Also we don't congratulate Sooners, wtf dude?

I said congratulations to him..,I’m from SETX , so that’s the home team 

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Jordan's a shame, but we do seem to have prioritized other DBs. Medlock didn't get a reoffer from PK/Choate, right?

Yeah, I don't think Choate is engaging with Medlock and certainly hasn't re-offered. Jordan can absolutely play and I hate to see him go to OU. I think he would do really well in their scheme as a NB. 

Both seem like guys aggy should be all over but aggy CB recruiting remains a mystery to me and their struggles with legacies (Medlock) are worse than ours. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Drumm letting his board know that Bama is a threat for 5* RB Gavin Sawchuk, who OU boards have acted like is an OU lock

Spoiler

--- Finally, a quick note on five-star RB Gavin Sawchuk. I did some checking around, and as I said, Bama is and has always been a player for the Centennial State's top player. Roll Tide offered the five-star RB last May, and even when I visited Sawchuk and his family in December, I was told that he wanted to try and get down to Tuscaloosa when he has a chance. That said, he always has been in constant contact with Oklahoma and Sooners RB coach Demarco Murray.

Also, sources that I spoke with over the weekend seemed to think that OU is still the leader, but I plan on talking with Sawchuk's father in the next few days. We exchanged texts on Friday, but the five-stars dad was in meetings and tied up.

As I have stated for months, I think OU, Stanford, Alabama, Arizona State, Oregon, Notre Dame, and few others are pressing hard for Sawchuk. Sooners DE/OLB coach, Jamar Cain, has a strong connection at Valor Christian, too. Cain and Valor Christian head coach, Donnie Yantis, were on Arizona State's staff together and are good friends. Between that and Demarco Murray/Lincoln Riley's relationship with Sawchuk and his family, the Sooners have positioned themselves into a very good spot.

Sawchuk visited the Sooners back in March, and that visit was one that has stuck with him and his family. Sawchuk's father, Kevin, called the visit "the best one yet" and also said, "OU just had that visit set up so perfectly before COVID shut everything down," the five-stars father said back in December to OUinsider when we visited them in Denver. "We had a coach, not a support staffer like most places, showing us around everywhere, and the visit was fun and informative. Always something going on and no downtime. We loved it and can't wait to get back again because that is the plan -- to visit OU again when we can."

I hope to have more on Sawchuk after I talk with his father soon. Still, I continue to hear great things about the Sooners and Sawchuk. Oklahoma wants two more RB's in this 2022 class, and Sawchuk is at or near the top of that list.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Fud said:

Drumm letting his board know that Bama is a threat for 5* RB Gavin Sawchuk, who OU boards have acted like is an OU lock

Reveal hidden contents

--- Finally, a quick note on five-star RB Gavin Sawchuk. I did some checking around, and as I said, Bama is and has always been a player for the Centennial State's top player. Roll Tide offered the five-star RB last May, and even when I visited Sawchuk and his family in December, I was told that he wanted to try and get down to Tuscaloosa when he has a chance. That said, he always has been in constant contact with Oklahoma and Sooners RB coach Demarco Murray.

Also, sources that I spoke with over the weekend seemed to think that OU is still the leader, but I plan on talking with Sawchuk's father in the next few days. We exchanged texts on Friday, but the five-stars dad was in meetings and tied up.

As I have stated for months, I think OU, Stanford, Alabama, Arizona State, Oregon, Notre Dame, and few others are pressing hard for Sawchuk. Sooners DE/OLB coach, Jamar Cain, has a strong connection at Valor Christian, too. Cain and Valor Christian head coach, Donnie Yantis, were on Arizona State's staff together and are good friends. Between that and Demarco Murray/Lincoln Riley's relationship with Sawchuk and his family, the Sooners have positioned themselves into a very good spot.

Sawchuk visited the Sooners back in March, and that visit was one that has stuck with him and his family. Sawchuk's father, Kevin, called the visit "the best one yet" and also said, "OU just had that visit set up so perfectly before COVID shut everything down," the five-stars father said back in December to OUinsider when we visited them in Denver. "We had a coach, not a support staffer like most places, showing us around everywhere, and the visit was fun and informative. Always something going on and no downtime. We loved it and can't wait to get back again because that is the plan -- to visit OU again when we can."

I hope to have more on Sawchuk after I talk with his father soon. Still, I continue to hear great things about the Sooners and Sawchuk. Oklahoma wants two more RB's in this 2022 class, and Sawchuk is at or near the top of that list.

laugh at ha ha GIF