OU Recruiting 2022: Abnormal Mutations in OUDNA

texifornia

21 minutes ago, Divided Windows said:

Good insight. I did not know UT had a great communications school. That is the "athlete" degree at OU, so I presumed it was easy at UT too. Regardless, I only used communications as a placeholder for an easy degree, and the point stands. If you're going to claim all degree programs at UT are difficult and all UT football players are high level academic prospects who would have gotten into UT if they weren't athletes, I'm afraid we're going to have a fundamental disagreement here. The easy classes and degree programs some athletes take are available to the average student too. My neighbor played LB at Yale said even Yale has joke classes athletes could take.

I live in OKC, and OSU is definitely viewed as the lesser of the two schools academically here. In my experience, the top Tulsa kids who want to stay in state mostly go to OU or even Tulsa, not OSU. Your Tulsa buddies are definitely unreasonably biased. But aren't we all?

Another factor that might be relevant in your case is in my experience at OU, the Texas kids who went to OU went there because they couldn't get into UT. Nearly all of them then return to DFW, Houston, Austin or San Antonio after they graduate. So, if you're recruiting in Texas, I am assuming the OU grads are mostly Texas kids who weren't smart enough to get into UT, which means of course they're going to be lesser than the UT grads because they were lesser before either of the candidates even set foot on campus.

Same was true in law school, by the way. The highest ranked students at OU were nearly all from Oklahoma. The out of state kids only came to OU because it was the highest ranked school they could get into and/or OU offered them the most scholarship money. Most of the top students got accepted into T14 schools but decided to stay home to save money or for family reasons. I bet it's similar at UT's law school.

Ultimately, there's always someone who can look down on us. I'm sure Harvard and Stanford and Oxford grads view a UT grad similarly to the way a UT grad views an OU grad which is similar to the way an OU grad views a directional school grad. Sometimes you just have to shrug and say c'est la vie to our human predilection for ego stroking dick measuring competitions. If we're all rich enough to sit around on a Wednesday afternoon and discuss such matters, we're all rich enough.

There are plenty of eyerolling UT degrees, just saying Comms isn't one of them. 

I've been around plenty of the Ivy types and I'm married into a British family and worked a bunch in London for a British firm. I've met and worked with plenty of Oxford and Cambridge folks too. They're all very patrician, but UT is a world renowned research school. I've always assumed there's shittalking about the UTs and Virginias of the world when we're not around, but I never heard any of it and British folks have a surprisingly decent understanding of what the respectable institutions are in the US. It helps that UT does a bunch of work with one of them, just can't remember which.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Wait. In all seriousness. Are your going to attempt to insinuate that OU, the school located in Norman, Oklahoma, is NOT a tier II academic institution? Show your fucking work. 

The distinction is between the recruiting success of OU, UT, and OSU.

OU and UT are bluebloods that historically recruit at top 10-15 level. OSU never has. Some recruits don't look only at on the field success when picking a school. Some pick a school based on location (SoCal, eg) or academics (Stanford, eg). That's why I brought up location and academic reputation.

4 hours ago, Divided Windows said:

Good insight. I did not know UT had a great communications school. That is the "athlete" degree at OU, so I presumed it was easy at UT too. Regardless, I only used communications as a placeholder for an easy degree, and the point stands. If you're going to claim all degree programs at UT are difficult and all UT football players are high level academic prospects who would have gotten into UT if they weren't athletes, I'm afraid we're going to have a fundamental disagreement here. The easy classes and degree programs some athletes take are available to the average student too. My neighbor played LB at Yale said even Yale has joke classes athletes could take.

I live in OKC, and OSU is definitely viewed as the lesser of the two schools academically here. In my experience, the top Tulsa kids who want to stay in state mostly go to OU or even Tulsa, not OSU. Your Tulsa buddies are definitely unreasonably biased. But aren't we all?

Another factor that might be relevant in your case is in my experience at OU, the Texas kids who went to OU went there because they couldn't get into UT. Nearly all of them then return to DFW, Houston, Austin or San Antonio after they graduate. So, if you're recruiting in Texas, I am assuming the OU grads are mostly Texas kids who weren't smart enough to get into UT, which means of course they're going to be lesser than the UT grads because they were lesser before either of the candidates even set foot on campus.

Same was true in law school, by the way. The highest ranked students at OU were nearly all from Oklahoma. The out of state kids only came to OU because it was the highest ranked school they could get into and/or OU offered them the most scholarship money. Most of the top students got accepted into T14 schools but decided to stay home to save money or for family reasons. I bet it's similar at UT's law school.

Ultimately, there's always someone who can look down on us. I'm sure Harvard and Stanford and Oxford grads view a UT grad similarly to the way a UT grad views an OU grad which is similar to the way an OU grad views a directional school grad. Sometimes you just have to shrug and say c'est la vie to our human predilection for ego stroking dick measuring competitions. If we're all rich enough to sit around on a Wednesday afternoon and discuss such matters, we're all rich enough.

Where at in the city? I live in Piedmont 

11 hours ago, Scholz said:

1) Ha ha blowu fan with academic OR geographic smack.

2) This take is both lazy and misrepresentative.  Do not ever compare our beautiful burnt orange which is the color of the sunset with their halloween atrociousness.  Good day to you, sir.  I said, GOOD DAY!

I agree. Austin is a better town than Norman, and I've never been to Stillwater. Never wanted to either. That's the point. Why would either of those recruits want to go to Stillwater?

I agree. UT's got a better reputation, in general, than OU or OSU. That's the point. Why would either of those recruits want to go to OSU over UT?

3 minutes ago, quigley said:

I agree. Austin is a better town than Norman, and I've never been to Stillwater. Never wanted to either. That's the point. Why would either of those recruits want to go to Stillwater?

I agree. UT's got a better reputation, in general, than OU or OSU. That's the point. Why would either of those recruits want to go to OSU over UT?

OSU has a shockingly pretty central campus, but your points still stand.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Divided Windows said:

Words.

Butt Fumble and Randolph Duke are curious if you’ve ever heard the saying “Brevity is the soul of wit.”

Nice little visit list this weekend. Copied from the Rivals board which is why it looks like shit. 

2022:
OFFICIALS:

Malik Agbo - OL - Federal Way (Wash.) Todd Beamer - RIVALS250
Zion Branch - S - Las Vegas Bishop Gorman - RIVALS100
Devon Campbell - OL - Arlington (Texas) Bowie - 5-STAR
Nico Davillier - DL - Maumelle, Ark. - 4-star
George Fitzpatrick - OL - Greenwood Village (Colo.) Cherry Creek - 4-star
Ish Harris - LB - Pilot Point, Texas - RIVALS250
Kaden Helms - TE - Bellevue (Neb.) West
Cole Hutson - OL - Frisco, Texas - RIVALS250
Kenyatta Jackson - DE - Hollywood (Fla.) Chaminade-Madonna - RIVALS100
Austin Jordan - CB - Denton (Texas) Ryan - 4-star
Kobie McKinzie - LB - Lubbock (Texas) Cooper - RIVALS250 - OU COMMIT
Myles Pollard - DB - Brentwood (Tenn.) Ravenwood - 4-star
Jayden Rowe - DB - Tulsa Union - OU COMMIT
Gavin Sawchuk - RB - Highlands Ranch (Colo.) Valor Christian - RIVALS100
Jadon Scarlett - DL - Flower Mound (Texas) Coram Deo Academy - 4-star
Dayne Shor - OL - Alpharetta (Ga.) King's Ridge Christian - 4-star
Jake Taylor - OL - Las Vegas Bishop Gorman - 4-star
Laterrance Welch - CB - Lafayette (La.) Acadiana - RIVALS100 - LSU COMMIT
Cameron Williams - OL - Duncanville, Texas

UNOFFICIALS:
Omari Abor - DL - Duncanville, Texas - RIVALS100
Jovantae Barnes - RB - Las Vegas Desert Pines - RIVALS250
Raleek Brown - RB - Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei - RIVALS100 - OU COMMIT
Demetrius Hunter - OL - Orange (Texas) West Orange-Stark - 4-star - OU COMMIT
Jason Llewellyn - TE - Aledo, Texas - 4-star - OU COMMIT
Derrick Moore - DE - Baltimore (Mary.) St. Frances - RIVALS250
Talyn Shettron - WR - Edmond (Okla.) Santa Fe - RIVALS100 - OU COMMIT

2023: 

Peyton Bowen - S - Denton (Texas) Guyer - 4-star
Chandavian Bradley - DE - Platte County, Mo. - 4-star
Zachariah Branch - ATH - Las Vegas Bishop Gorman - 4-star
Cayden Green - OL - Lee's Summit (Mo.) Lee's Summit North - RIVALS100
Jalen Hale - WR - Longview, Texas - RIVALS100
Luke Hasz - TE - Bixby, Okla. - RIVALS100
David Hicks - DL - Allen, Texas - RIVALS100
Brandon Inniss - WR - Plantation (Fla.) American Heritage - 5-STAR
Makai Lemon - ATH - Los Alamitos, Calif. - RIVALS100
Walker Lyons - TE - Folsom, Calif. - 4-star
Luke Montgomery - OL - Findlay, Ohio - RIVALS100
DeAndre Moore - WR - Las Vegas Desert Pines - RIVALS100
Malachi Nelson - QB - Los Alamitos, Calif. - 5-STAR
Lebbeus Overton - DL - Milton, Ga. - 5-STAR
Jordan Renaud - DL - Lewisville, Texas - RIVALS100
Javien Toviano - CB - Arlington (Texas) Martin - RIVALS100
Treyaun Webb - CB - Jacksonville (Fla.) Trinity Christian - RIVALS100

Edited by Constant

1 hour ago, Constant said:

Nice little visit list this weekend. Copied from the Rivals board which is why it looks like shit. 

2022:
OFFICIALS:

Malik Agbo - OL - Federal Way (Wash.) Todd Beamer - RIVALS250
Zion Branch - S - Las Vegas Bishop Gorman - RIVALS100
Devon Campbell - OL - Arlington (Texas) Bowie - 5-STAR
Nico Davillier - DL - Maumelle, Ark. - 4-star
George Fitzpatrick - OL - Greenwood Village (Colo.) Cherry Creek - 4-star
Ish Harris - LB - Pilot Point, Texas - RIVALS250
Kaden Helms - TE - Bellevue (Neb.) West
Cole Hutson - OL - Frisco, Texas - RIVALS250
Kenyatta Jackson - DE - Hollywood (Fla.) Chaminade-Madonna - RIVALS100
Austin Jordan - CB - Denton (Texas) Ryan - 4-star
Kobie McKinzie - LB - Lubbock (Texas) Cooper - RIVALS250 - OU COMMIT
Myles Pollard - DB - Brentwood (Tenn.) Ravenwood - 4-star
Jayden Rowe - DB - Tulsa Union - OU COMMIT
Gavin Sawchuk - RB - Highlands Ranch (Colo.) Valor Christian - RIVALS100
Jadon Scarlett - DL - Flower Mound (Texas) Coram Deo Academy - 4-star
Dayne Shor - OL - Alpharetta (Ga.) King's Ridge Christian - 4-star
Jake Taylor - OL - Las Vegas Bishop Gorman - 4-star
Laterrance Welch - CB - Lafayette (La.) Acadiana - RIVALS100 - LSU COMMIT
Cameron Williams - OL - Duncanville, Texas

UNOFFICIALS:
Omari Abor - DL - Duncanville, Texas - RIVALS100
Jovantae Barnes - RB - Las Vegas Desert Pines - RIVALS250
Raleek Brown - RB - Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei - RIVALS100 - OU COMMIT
Demetrius Hunter - OL - Orange (Texas) West Orange-Stark - 4-star - OU COMMIT
Jason Llewellyn - TE - Aledo, Texas - 4-star - OU COMMIT
Derrick Moore - DE - Baltimore (Mary.) St. Frances - RIVALS250
Talyn Shettron - WR - Edmond (Okla.) Santa Fe - RIVALS100 - OU COMMIT

2023: 

Peyton Bowen - S - Denton (Texas) Guyer - 4-star
Chandavian Bradley - DE - Platte County, Mo. - 4-star
Zachariah Branch - ATH - Las Vegas Bishop Gorman - 4-star
Cayden Green - OL - Lee's Summit (Mo.) Lee's Summit North - RIVALS100
Jalen Hale - WR - Longview, Texas - RIVALS100
Luke Hasz - TE - Bixby, Okla. - RIVALS100
David Hicks - DL - Allen, Texas - RIVALS100
Brandon Inniss - WR - Plantation (Fla.) American Heritage - 5-STAR
Makai Lemon - ATH - Los Alamitos, Calif. - RIVALS100
Walker Lyons - TE - Folsom, Calif. - 4-star
Luke Montgomery - OL - Findlay, Ohio - RIVALS100
DeAndre Moore - WR - Las Vegas Desert Pines - RIVALS100
Malachi Nelson - QB - Los Alamitos, Calif. - 5-STAR
Lebbeus Overton - DL - Milton, Ga. - 5-STAR
Jordan Renaud - DL - Lewisville, Texas - RIVALS100
Javien Toviano - CB - Arlington (Texas) Martin - RIVALS100
Treyaun Webb - CB - Jacksonville (Fla.) Trinity Christian - RIVALS100

The "post as plain text" box that pops up at the bottom of the writing space when you paste something like this is your friend.

• Like 1

Yeah it is cool.  As is playing in Omaha this weekend (does blowu even play baseball?)  Granted, we've been wandering in the desert for a decade now in football.  But hopefully our latest hire will fix that.  And we didn't even have to sell our souls by recruiting multiple wife beaters either!  Congrats on your Big XII football titles and your faceplants on the national stage every time though.  You guys are a great regional squad.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Granted, we've been wandering in the desert for a decade now in football.

While this is true, I just want to point out that the most recent Texas national title is more recent than the OU title. That Sooner title is now more than 20 years ago. Stoops made winning the conference a pacifier for the Sooners fans and they are placated by it because he controlled the Norman media's narrative and they are morons. A once proud fanbase not only accepts but revels in conference titles, as if they fucking matter. There's only one goal in college football and one trophy that matters. 

IDGAF about BigXII titles and neither should any self-respecting Longhorn or Sooner fan. National Championships matter. Everything else is a fucking participation trophy. 

Edited by golfclap
  • Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, Constant said:

Blown away by the athletic achievements. Hang those banners. 

Will do.  Btw, we've won a national title in football more recently than you as well as played in a title game.  Despite all of your bites at the apple.  

The heavy hitters of the recruiting board have gone soft. Directors cups brag, 2005 vs. 2000 smack, forgetting 2008 happened after 2005, everything is meaningless except….

Soft. The ramblings of fans of a colossal failure of a football program. 

Edited by Constant
  • Fuck You 1

17 minutes ago, golfclap said:

While this is true, I just want to point out that the most recent Texas national title is more recent than the OU title. That Sooner title is now more than 20 years ago. Stoops made winning the conference a pacifier for the Sooners fans and they are placated by it because he controlled the Norman media's narrative and they are morons. A once proud fanbase not only accepts but revels in conference titles, as if they fucking matter. There's only one goal in college football and one trophy that matters. 

IDGAF about BigXII titles and neither should any self-respecting Longhorn or Sooner fan. National Championships matter. Everything else is a fucking participation trophy. 

Texas not giving a fuck about Big12 titles speaks about the state of the program. 

OU the great conference winner.  I'm sure that really fires you guys up.  Congrats.  🤣

Bob Stoops won the same # of national titles as: Schnellenberger, Fulmer, Coker, Les Miles and yes Mack Brown.  But I'm sure the conference titles make up for it. 

1 minute ago, Pdawg88 said:

Texas not giving a fuck about Big12 titles speaks about the state of the program. 

Not giving a fuck about conference titles, and them not being the end goal are two different things.  Texas, while not achieving the necessary stepping stone of winning our conference in order to compete for a national title, is trying to find a fundamental base to compete and win against the Clemson's, Alabama's, Ohio States.  The teams OU is 0-4 against in playoff games.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, golfclap said:

On the topic but different sport, you know what's even less significant than a B12 football trophy? A B12 golf trophy. Like football, there are typically only 3 or 4 golf teams in any given conference who are even halfway decent. Those good teams play in regular season tournaments against the best teams from other conferences several times during the season. The B12 championship is probably the weakest event UT, OU and OSU played all year.

Just now, Pdawg88 said:

In the same way that Sooners fans giving a fuck about them while being a complete non-factor in the national title picture speaks to the state of that program? 

do you really think being proud of being placated by BigXII titles is somehow highlighting a superiority? it's been more than 2 decades since OU has achieved it's goals and yet because you've been conditioned to accept participation trophies you feel somehow superior - because you've won this conference. Do you think Arkansas should be reveling in their recent baseball season? Basking in the glory of winning every SEC series and the SEC tournament. Amazing achievement, right? Fuck no. They got sent packing at home and that season is an abject failure. Arkansas bragging about this baseball season is OU bragging about winning the conference while not winning a title for more than two decades. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Enchubben said:

Not giving a fuck about conference titles, and them not being the end goal are two different things.  Texas, while not achieving the necessary stepping stone of winning our conference in order to compete for a national title, is trying to find a fundamental base to compete and win against the Clemson's, Alabama's, Ohio States.  The teams OU is 0-4 against in playoff games.

Just going off of what @golfclapsaid. You can’t win the big one if you aren’t there. And yes we have gotten beat 4 times. Trust me I was at 3 of them, including the ass raping LSU gave us. 

1 minute ago, golfclap said:

In the same way that Sooners fans giving a fuck about them while being a complete non-factor in the national title picture speaks to the state of that program? 

do you really think being proud of being placated by BigXII titles is somehow highlighting a superiority? it's been more than 2 decades since OU has achieved it's goals and yet because you've been conditioned to accept participation trophies you feel somehow superior - because you've won this conference. Do you think Arkansas should be reveling in their recent baseball season? Basking in the glory of winning every SEC series and the SEC tournament. Amazing achievement, right? Fuck no. They got sent packing at home and that season is an abject failure. Arkansas bragging about this baseball season is OU bragging about winning the conference while not winning a title for more than two decades. 

Way to move the goal post and talk about Arkansas baseball. Am I proud of us getting our shit packed in the playoffs? No that’s a dumb fucking question. But I would at least rather make it and have a chance, a very small chance. But a chance none the less. But hey that’s just me. If y’all are cool with winning Alamo bowls that’s fine with me. Not talking shit either, I actually enjoy most of the shit you post 

Just now, Pdawg88 said:

Way to move the goal post and talk about Arkansas baseball. Am I proud of us getting our shit packed in the playoffs? No that’s a dumb fucking question. But I would at least rather make it and have a chance, a very small chance. But a chance none the less. But hey that’s just me. If y’all are cool with winning Alamo bowls that’s fine with me. Not talking shit either, I actually enjoy most of the shit you post 

I'm not cool with winning Alamo bowls. Note :: 

32 minutes ago, golfclap said:

National Championships matter. Everything else is a fucking participation trophy. 

This is what I said. do you know what will placate me? A national title. 

I wasn't moving the goal posts to talk about Arkansas baseball - I was just using a very clear example and taking the fandom (Texas or OU - and the sport of football) out of the equation. I think it's absolutely relevant because it highlights the exact nature of why the conference championship doesn't mean a fucking thing and it highlights how foolish it is to hang your hat on it as an example of success. 

5 minutes ago, Pdawg88 said:

I would at least rather make it and have a chance, a very small chance

I would as well, don't get me wrong there. You have to make it to win it and I fully agree. I just wouldn't find any solace in making it and getting beaten down - much the same way I find no solace in the 2009 national title game. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Pdawg88 said:

If y’all are cool with winning Alamo bowls that’s fine with me. 

Talk about a dumb fucking statement.

29 minutes ago, Pdawg88 said:

You can’t win the big one if you aren’t there.

Or if you're blowu even if you're there all the time.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Scholz said:

OU the great conference winner.  I'm sure that really fires you guys up.  Congrats.  🤣

Bob Stoops won the same # of national titles as: Schnellenberger, Fulmer, Coker, Les Miles and yes Mack Brown.  But I'm sure the conference titles make up for it. 

Let's not forget Ogre, cause he's never winning another one. 

• Haha 1

Playing Devils advocate here, but the conference championship banner hang ou always thumps their chests about is in the same neighborhood that Mack tried conditioning us that winning 10 games is some great accomplishment. I still see it posted and it's dumb. Fuck 10 wins. I want 14. No less than 12-13. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Btw I’m in Norman right now. Stayed here last night on road trip to Omaha. I was pushing for Wichita for the layover but buddy wanted to gamble at Riverwind Casino.

Good news is I didn’t burst into flames. Bad news is this place is depressing.

1 minute ago, Scholz said:

Btw I’m in Norman right now. Stayed here last night on road trip to Omaha. I was pushing for Wichita for the layover but buddy wanted to gamble at Riverwind Casino.

Good news is I didn’t burst into flames. Bad news is this place is depressing.

It's a weird town. Those suuuuper wide straight flat streets and huge distance between buildings off the main streets make it feel really disconnected.

• Like 1