OU Recruiting 2022: Abnormal Mutations in OUDNA

texifornia

On 6/16/2021 at 4:35 PM, closetojumping said:

There are plenty of eyerolling UT degrees, just saying Comms isn't one of them. 

I've been around plenty of the Ivy types and I'm married into a British family and worked a bunch in London for a British firm. I've met and worked with plenty of Oxford and Cambridge folks too. They're all very patrician, but UT is a world renowned research school. I've always assumed there's shittalking about the UTs and Virginias of the world when we're not around, but I never heard any of it and British folks have a surprisingly decent understanding of what the respectable institutions are in the US. It helps that UT does a bunch of work with one of them, just can't remember which.

True, but they all think we rode horses to school. 

11 minutes ago, ocugolf said:

Kid can really play. Surprised he would go there with Raleek Brown committed.

I'm guessing that Raleek is going to play more in a slot role and some gadget as well (Brown is calling himself a WRB) - Brown helped recruit Sawchuk. 

• Hook 'Em 2

31 minutes ago, Constant said:

$50 on it?

18 minutes ago, Pdawg88 said:

Stop getting in on my action. 

I will not fund sooner meth habits and assume when I win you will be paying in old little Caesar gift cards and quarters that would be going towards washing your clothes. Keep your cash

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Luther Burden visited Georgia today.  

Pretty sure this visit was known. OU's going to have to keep recruiting him and Raleek and Sawchuk and...this is what happens when you get early commits from top players who also have interest from $EC schools.

2020 was the worst year for this. OU's final class had only 2 top 100 players.

That year the following players signed elsewhere (school, 247 composite rank):

Alabama 22, 47
Oregon 31
A&M 162
Ohio St 202

Just so we're up to speed, OU commit Rowe (DB) just got an LSU offer. Rowe's an Oklahoma kid who's family supposedly loves OU. That said, there's the allure of playing DB for the Tigers and possibly getting a (?bigger) bag.

7 hours ago, quigley said:

Just so we're up to speed, OU commit Rowe (DB) just got an LSU offer. Rowe's an Oklahoma kid who's family supposedly loves OU. That said, there's the allure of playing DB for the Tigers and possibly getting a (?bigger) bag.

He reminds me of Tyler Owens 

25 minutes ago, texifornia said:

A five star LB that refuses to give up the dream that he's a safety.

Rowe's apparently stated he'll play wherever he's needed.

Owens sounds like Kendal Daniels from 2021. This is another Oklahoma high school product who who's tall, around 200 lb. OU led for him for the longest, but, apparently Daniels insisted on being a DB. A&M signed him this past February, but he portaled within a month and landed at Ok St.

Just now, quigley said:

Rowe's apparently stated he'll play wherever he's needed.

Owens sounds like Kendal Daniels from 2021. This is another Oklahoma high school product who who's tall, around 200 lb. OU led for him for the longest, but, apparently Daniels insisted on being a DB. A&M signed him this past February, but he portaled within a month and landed at Ok St.

Owens ran something like a 10.1s wind aided and 10.3 FAT at a pretty big size. Just a freak who is/was more of an athlete than defensive back. This guy reminds me of that. 

21 minutes ago, Fud said:

Owens ran something like a 10.1s wind aided and 10.3 FAT at a pretty big size. Just a freak who is/was more of an athlete than defensive back. This guy reminds me of that. 

These guys are good takes regardless because of high upside. Apparently Rowe's bought into being a football player. OU's got a similar player in the 2021 class, Jordan Mukes, who appeared to be progressing rapidly in the spring. As you're aware, having a couple of amazing athletes in the back 7 gives you tremendous flexibility.

21 minutes ago, quigley said:

These guys are good takes regardless because of high upside. Apparently Rowe's bought into being a football player. OU's got a similar player in the 2021 class, Jordan Mukes, who appeared to be progressing rapidly in the spring. As you're aware, having a couple of amazing athletes in the back 7 gives you tremendous flexibility.

Mukes should be playing OLB right now, he's actually an example of a guy who won't let the dream of playing S go, imho. That guy has NFL OLB written all over him but as a S - he's a good OLB. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, golfclap said:

Mukes should be playing OLB right now, he's actually an example of a guy who won't let the dream of playing S go, imho. That guy has NFL OLB written all over him but as a S - he's a good OLB. 

As indicated above, OU kept recruiting Mukes because he was flexible about position as opposed to Daniels, and Rowe has indicated similar flexibility.

Mukes played low level ball in Oklahoma, and apparently came in pretty raw. There's probably some value for him to learn coverage skills at safety. His body may not be ready for LB right now either. I think Isaiah Simmons is the model for all these dudes. He didn't play LB until his 3rd year at Clemson.

They're not making Teddy Lehman's like they used to.

5 minutes ago, quigley said:

As indicated above, OU kept recruiting Mukes because he was flexible about position as opposed to Daniels, and Rowe has indicated similar flexibility.

Mukes played low level ball in Oklahoma, and apparently came in pretty raw. There's probably some value for him to learn coverage skills at safety. His body may not be ready for LB right now either. I think Isaiah Simmons is the model for all these dudes. He didn't play LB until his 3rd year at Clemson.

You must not have seen Mukes lately, the off-season has been good to him. 

• Hook 'Em 1

58 minutes ago, quigley said:

Gentry Williams may leave Oklahoma to go to USC. Name-image-likeness opportunities in LA appear to be the driver.

He's boys with Chris McCellan. Wonder if that hurts OU for the DL? 

On 6/23/2021 at 12:47 PM, quigley said:

Wait, what? Choctaw is 6A-2. That isn't "low level ball". Just saying. And he stepped it up greatly in his senior season, ended up being a 4 star recruit. Not saying he will set the world on fire, by any means. But at least get the facts straight.

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, jdizzle34 said:

Wait, what? Choctaw is 6A-2. That isn't "low level ball". Just saying. And he stepped it up greatly in his senior season, ended up being a 4 star recruit. Not saying he will set the world on fire, by any means. But at least get the facts straight.

Maybe not for Oklahoma. 

Easily verifiable enrollment numbers tell me that most 6a schools in Texas double the enrollment of the average 6a Oklahoma school. For reference, Katy HS has ~3,450 enrolled students. Choctaw showed ~1,650. It’s fair to say that 6a Oklahoma football is in fact, “ low level ball” relative to the rest of your recruiting area. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, jdizzle34 said:

You're right! My mistake. (I take the L here @Ricky's one-hitter)

When my high school basketball team beat them I think they were 3A (maybe 4A; we were 3A), and Oklahoma only had 5A classification. (As an aside, the 1600 enrollment of Choctaw HS now is bigger than the entire "town" I grew up in).

Point remains. He still supposedly came out raw, stars bedamned. If, as has been suggested above, he's growing early, it's a great sign.

Edited by quigley

8 minutes ago, quigley said:

You're right! My mistake. (I take the L here @Ricky's one-hitter)

When my high school basketball team beat them I think they were 3A (maybe 4A; we were 3A), and Oklahoma only had 5A classification. (As an aside, the 1600 enrollment of Choctaw HS now is bigger than the entire "town" I grew up in).

Point remains. He still supposedly came out raw, stars bedamned. If, as has been suggested above, he's growing early, it's a great sign.

It’s not an if, I was around him Wednesday. He and my son are friends from 7on7 and we saw him Wednesday at camp. I can assure you he’s getting big. He didn’t start playing football till his sophomore year, so he never really trained for it. But after his junior year he started taking it serious and is growing like weed. He is an amazing football player but also a very nice young man. 

• Hook 'Em 1

CBs pouring in for Jake Taylor to OU - looks like Bedebaugh is going to get the frames he likes in early before Riley adds some cubes::

https://247sports.com/Player/Jake-Taylor-46094663/

Looks like they may get Fitzpatrick as well, which is going to make the Sexton and Agbo recruitments a lot more interesting. 

https://247sports.com/player/george-fitzpatrick-46101012/