OU Recruiting 2022: Abnormal Mutations in OUDNA

7 hours ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Has it been confirmed that Rattler is in the portal? Seeing rumors, but no confirmation

He is not currently in the portal. Doesn’t mean he hasn’t done the paperwork with the school though…once he does that they have 48 hours to list him.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 hours ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Has it been confirmed that Rattler is in the portal? Seeing rumors, but no confirmation

I mean, if you're counting on an unverified Twitter account with 500 followers before that tweet, run by a Texas grad, to have insider information from the University of Oklahoma that no one else in the nation has, then sure. He's half way to Miami right now.

Edited by YouLoveMyPenises

2 minutes ago, YouLoveMyPenises said:

I mean, if you're counting on an unverified Twitter account with 500 followers before that tweet, run by a Texas grad, to have insider information from the University of Oklahoma that no one else in the nation has, then sure. He's half way to Miami right now.

The person who runs that account is an OU alumn.....

For what it’s worth, my brother-in-law, who is from Oklahoma (FML), claims to have a buddy whose brother is an equipment manager at OU. Said equipment manager claims that Rattler cleared out his locker on Monday. It wouldn’t shock me, but I also wouldn’t bet the farm on the veracity of the claim. Just putting it out there. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Chili dog said:

For what it’s worth, my brother-in-law, who is from Oklahoma (FML), claims to have a buddy whose brother is an equipment manager at OU. Said equipment manager claims that Rattler cleared out his locker on Monday. It wouldn’t shock me, but I also wouldn’t bet the farm on the veracity of the claim. Just putting it out there. 

So in a few short years, the OU game has rid us of Mike Stoops and now Spencer Rattler. If it could only rid us of OU...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Chili dog said:

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

"For what it’s worth, my brother-in-law, who is from Oklahoma (FML), claims to have a buddy whose brother is an equipment manager at OU. Said equipment manager claims that Rattler cleared out his locker on Monday. It wouldn’t shock me, but I also wouldn’t bet the farm on the veracity of the claim. Just putting it out there. "

I bet he needed a U-Haul to clean all those dicks out of his locker?

1 minute ago, Leanderman said:

"For what it’s worth, my brother-in-law, who is from Oklahoma (FML), claims to have a buddy whose brother is an equipment manager at OU. Said equipment manager claims that Rattler cleared out his locker on Monday. It wouldn’t shock me, but I also wouldn’t bet the farm on the veracity of the claim. Just putting it out there. "

I bet he needed a U-Haul to clean all those dicks out of his locker?

Nah, his teammates and coaches gobbled them right up. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/14/2021 at 4:20 PM, Chili dog said:

32B5229D-CFA4-49A0-9B7B-86AC8B9234CF.gif

9 minutes ago, Constant said:

I think we are about to see a ‘Caleb playing out of his mind’ bump. 

CB’s rolling in for Thomas, Mclellan, and Kanu.

https://247sports.com/player/azareyeh-thomas-46099405/

I would love for you to be right, of course, but this isn't my read. Each situation is a different.

McClellan has been an OU lean since the Ohio St visit has faded. Even an Ohio St guy predicted OU on Sept 28.

Thomas has come out of no where and would be a really good get. Seeing OU's safeties on Saturday may have convinced him he could play as a freshman (or high school senior).

Kanu was predicted only by an OU moderator. The Sooner official was his first, and he's going to ND, Ohio St, Georgia, and LSU in the coming weeks. Let's see where the predictions are in a month.

28 minutes ago, quigley said:

I would love for you to be right, of course, but this isn't my read. Each situation is a different.

McClellan has been an OU lean since the Ohio St visit has faded. Even an Ohio St guy predicted OU on Sept 28.

Thomas has come out of no where and would be a really good get. Seeing OU's safeties on Saturday may have convinced him he could play as a freshman (or high school senior).

Kanu was predicted only by an OU moderator. The Sooner official was his first, and he's going to ND, Ohio St, Georgia, and LSU in the coming weeks. Let's see where the predictions are in a month.

Could just be me with the ‘Caleb playing out of his mind’ bump in my pants, I guess. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

NSIAP - ou247 - BB and Grinch ::

Spoiler

Have been able to confirm that Bill Bedenbaugh and Alex Grinch intend to follow Lincoln Riley to USC at this time. 

Don’t be shocked if there isn’t more to follow suite. Just know that right now, unless Grinch or Bedenbaugh are offered a job here with new staff, they are expected to be following Riley to USC.

10 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

I’ll enjoy Bendbaugh leaving about as much as any other coach in the last decade.

The way his OL gets away with holding is one of the most infuriating things in CFB. 

Not last night. The holding is working less well too. OL regression was one of the most glaring problems with the Sooners.

Just now, texasstrong12 said:

It’s almost like the Big 12 might have finally had something on the line where they didn’t allow that nonsense anymore. 

I tried to like your post, but I've run out of rep. I'm not a "blame the refs" type, but last night there was some home cooking in Stillwater.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, quigley said:

I tried to like your post, but I've run out of rep. I'm not a "blame the refs" type, but last night there was some home cooking in Stillwater.

They also get in Austin as well.

What happened to the OL? You even got the former 5 star from Tennessee, Bray Walker was a complete bust. I just don't understand how the OU line has struggled so much the last couple of seasons.

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

They also get in Austin as well.

What happened to the OL? You even got the former 5 star from Tennessee, Bray Walker was a complete bust. I just don't understand how the OU line has struggled so much the last couple of seasons.

The OL pass blocking is generally good, despite a high sack rate. There have been some issues this year with blitz pick up. The blitz issue is attributable to OU rolling out a RS-Fr center and RB blitz pick up issues. The Sooner QBs also have had a tendency to hold the ball forever and leave clean pockets, frustratingly.

Run blocking has regressed, partly due to development and partly due to scheme. A lot of the really good offensive linemen OU's had weren't highly rated recruits but program guys that Bedenbaugh developed. That development basically stopped from the 2018 class on. From that class on, OU's gotten contributions from 2 out of 15 (!) OL recruits. Included in that are 4 top 100 recruits (1 5-star, 9 total 4-stars). So talent acquisition isn't the problem, but several of these presumably highly talented players have gotten ZERO run yet are still in the program. I was hoping that some of the seniors would opt out of the bowl game so we could see what we've got in some of the younger OL in live action.

The GT counter is the Sooners bread and butter play, the play that sets up so much their neat misdirection. The strength of the Sooners from mid 2015 - 2018 was OU could tell you that that play was coming and still get 6 yds off it most of the time. Defenses caught up, the pullers aren't as nimble, and Riley's been slow to vary the play design. OU's success running the ball this year has been with zone blocking schemes. OU hasn't had a back with great wiggle/run-after-contact + long speed since 2017 also so some of those 80 yd runs have now become 30 yd runs.

• Hook 'Em 2