OU Recruiting 2022: Abnormal Mutations in OUDNA

On 7/14/2021 at 2:23 PM, Scholz said:

Assault?  Burglary?

On 7/14/2021 at 2:03 PM, LTtxfan said:

Another roster spot open

Apparently Nelson just doesn't want to play anymore.

Surly Sleuths: The idiots who decided robbing a dope dealer at gun point in front of 25 people was a good plan go to court soon! Bridges court date is Jul 27 and the other 2 go to court Aug 10. Keep your magnifying glasses handy!

Edited by quigley
  • Haha 2

Our running back room is taking a beating. I’ve read where Marcus Major isn’t expected to play this year due to grades. Better start looking into the portal, that leaves 3 running backs. Which not one took a snap in Norman last year. Not good.

5 hours ago, Pdawg88 said:

Our running back room is taking a beating. I’ve read where Marcus Major isn’t expected to play this year due to grades. Better start looking into the portal, that leaves 3 running backs. Which not one took a snap in Norman last year. Not good.

Still have three really talented dudes, but yeah emergency depth is starting to thin out

That is a weird take. I didn't understand anyone recruiting Jadon Scarlett and I don't really understand this take either. It's insane to me that OU didn't push hard for Chris McLellan from the outset, but it's esp nuts when they end up taking Roberts after slow-playing McLellan. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, golfclap said:

That is a weird take. I didn't understand anyone recruiting Jadon Scarlett and I don't really understand this take either. It's insane to me that OU didn't push hard for Chris McLellan from the outset, but it's esp nuts when they end up taking Roberts after slow-playing McLellan. 

Weirder still, Thibodeaux and Elko aren't chumps - they recruit well and usually identify talent well, but both of these dudes scream JAG. Who knows?

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Weirder still, Thibodeaux and Elko aren't chumps - they recruit well and usually identify talent well, but both of these dudes scream JAG. Who knows?

Agreed. I know that c19 has made things esp challenging in terms of evaluations - esp up front. Having said that, I think the talent gap between McClellan and Roberts is pretty fucking clear.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Agreed. I know that c19 has made things esp challenging in terms of evaluations - esp up front. Having said that, I think the talent gap between McClellan and Roberts is pretty fucking clear.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hard to believe Scarlett is ranked higher than Aaron Bryant.

56 minutes ago, golfclap said:

McClellan isn’t going to OU. 

1 minute ago, Pdawg88 said:

McClellan isn’t going to OU. 

yeah. I am still assuming tOSU, right? I know you've seen him a bit and have some knowledge but I was under the impression that if OU had been serious from early on that he would be a commit. Does that track with what you know? 

16 minutes ago, golfclap said:

yeah. I am still assuming tOSU, right? I know you've seen him a bit and have some knowledge but I was under the impression that if OU had been serious from early on that he would be a commit. Does that track with what you know? 

I’ll be honest and say I don’t know. I do know a couple of kids in his team and they said it’s Tosu and has been for a while. Take that for what it’s worth. 

3 hours ago, golfclap said:

Isn't it as simple as OU doesn't feel confident with their other DL offers and/or they feel confident that they can turn Roberts into a contributor (Ellison and Kelley, eg)? They had a similar take in 2020, Coe.

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Constant said:

Imagine wanting to play WR for Missouri, OSU, and SMU over OU. 

The boom-bust cycle in OU WR receiver recruiting continues. In years that OU doesn't bring in a top QB (even number years), WR recruiting drops too.

Doesn't really make sense.  Messes up the depth chart and costs scholarships at other positions too.

4 hours ago, quigley said:

The boom-bust cycle in OU WR receiver recruiting continues. In years that OU doesn't bring in a top QB (even number years), WR recruiting drops too.

Doesn't really make sense.  Messes up the depth chart and costs scholarships at other positions too.

Your ‘23 class is looking real good though at WR. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, FunkSoulBrother said:

Your ‘23 class is looking real good though at WR. 

Fits the pattern, right?

Big time QBs in 19, 21, and 23 all associated with good WR recruiting.

No significant QB recruit in 18, 20, 22 so weak WR recruiting. Doesn't make sense to me.

In all honesty, OU is stacked at WR.  Most of the dudes on the team this year will be there next year then you have the ‘23 class coming in.  Not saying these guys are going to be spares but they’ll be sharing playing time at best.

If OU has a WR after next year, they’ll just hit the transfer portal again and get some players.

Losing recruits on offense isn’t a problem for them.  It’s on the other side.

4 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

In all honesty, OU is stacked at WR.  Most of the dudes on the team this year will be there next year then you have the ‘23 class coming in.  Not saying these guys are going to be spares but they’ll be sharing playing time at best.

If OU has a WR after next year, they’ll just hit the transfer portal again and get some players.

Losing recruits on offense isn’t a problem for them.  It’s on the other side.

Still, if the goal is to get to an Alabama and Ohio State level, you've got to convince 5-star guys that it's not a big deal to get in and compete with other 5-star guys.  Not sure how you sell that outside of Tuscaloosa, but that's the target.

10 minutes ago, Catjuggler said:

There is some discussion that he might reclassify but he's 23 for now.  

Inniss reclassifying would somewhat explain the seeming lack of urgency in WR recruiting for 2022.

Three of the top five projected WR for 2021 (Woods, Wease, Haselwood) could leave after the season, so numbers for the WR room would seem to be needed.