OU Recruiting 2022: Abnormal Mutations in OUDNA

33 minutes ago, quigley said:

If you recall, the Trevor Knight buzz was reaching its crescendo at the time Baker was transferring 

I recall that we on shaggy basically predicted exactly how it would play out. Complete with the NCAA giving Baker immediate eligibility, like OU players always get. 

10 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I recall that we on shaggy basically predicted exactly how it would play out. Complete with the NCAA giving Baker immediate eligibility, like OU players always get. 

He sat out a year.  Played 2013 at Tech, sat out 2014, started 2015.  He did get refunded a year of eligibility, bypassing the 2-year rule that was in place for in-conference transfers.  They changed the rule because he was a non-scholarship player at Tech.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, kilroydos said:

He sat out a year.  Played 2013 at Tech, sat out 2014, started 2015.  He did get refunded a year of eligibility, bypassing the 2-year rule that was in place for in-conference transfers.  They changed the rule because he was a non-scholarship player at Tech.

Yeah, whatever. OU always get the benefit of the doubt from this shit-ass conference. 

• Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, Fud said:

Fwiw some of his other top schools seem to think he’s the type of kid to have a flip or two in him 

Oh he will. Bet he ends up with USC with a decent year or maybe Oregon if the bag is heavy enough. A Cali kid who’s never visited Norman...L O L good fucking luck

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Oh he will. Bet he ends up with USC with a decent year or maybe Oregon if the bag is heavy enough. A Cali kid who’s never visited Norman...L O L good fucking luck

Bama seems to think they can flip him on NSD 

15 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

I mean the pattern is they lock up or look great for a player.. just for them to get Bama'd at the end.  Wouldn't surprise me if he followed suit.

32 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

He camped at OU and was offered on the spot back in 2019.  

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, RGBIII said:

He hasn't visited Norman since Covid but he's been there multiple times before that.    

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, Fud said:

Bama seems to think they can flip him on NSD 

OU's gone for 1 RB in 2020 and 2021, and both years the Tide has poached the RB late. OU's indicated that they'll take 3 RB this year with one being someone like Brown (or Thompson) who can be an elite threat catching the ball. Finally, hopefully, OU will learn that placing all your bets on one elite back isn't the best idea.

Biddle update xpost :: 2 CBs from OU 247 ::

First off, Texas' pursuit of Biddle has all but fizzled out. He informed me that ever since Steve Sarkisian took the reins in Austin and overhauled the staff, his communication with the Longhorns has dwindled. That's significant, as UT was heretofore considered the leader for Biddle's commitment. In fact, the Longhorns received a crystal ball for Biddle from 247Sports Texas insider Mike Roach all the way back in July 2020. That could be an indication that Texas is zeroing in on the likes of Xavier Nwankpa or Landon Hullaby, or it could simply be an indication that new defensive coordinator Pete Kwiatkowski just doesn't see Biddle as a fit for his system. One way or another, it is abundantly clear that Texas isn't the leader in the clubhouse as far as this recruitment is concerned.

One school for which Biddle has developed a fast affinity is Michigan. The Wolverines offered the four-star safety little more than a week ago, on Jan. 30. However, the staff has evidently made a significant impression on Biddle, and based on the totality of my conversation with him, I'd say that as of now, the Wolverines are the one program best positioned to challenge Oklahoma.

However, there are a couple things working distinctly in Oklahoma's favor. The first and most obvious is the fact that Biddle's teammate, four-star WR Jordan Hudson, is already committed to Oklahoma. Biddle acknowledged that he and Hudson are "very close," and that Hudson's pledge to OU is a definite factor. Additionally, Alex Grinch has taken the lead in the Sooners' recruitment of Biddle, which appears to have paid dividends.

"He's great," Biddle said of Grinch. "He's an absolutely great guy, and it goes beyond football."

After my chat with Biddle, I feel strongly that the Sooners are in the driver's seat. Biddle told me that he has no timeline for his commitment; he could pull the trigger at any time. As I mentioned previously, Michigan is the sleeper here, but when I asked Biddle which factor matters the most to him in his decision, his answer was relationships. He's expressed that he has strong bonds with Hudson, Grinch and Lincoln Riley. Thus, reading between the lines a bit, I've entered a moderate-confidence crystal ball in favor of Oklahoma.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 2/6/2021 at 1:21 PM, quigley said:

OU's gone for 1 RB in 2020 and 2021, and both years the Tide has poached the RB late. OU's indicated that they'll take 3 RB this year with one being someone like Brown (or Thompson) who can be an elite threat catching the ball. Finally, hopefully, OU will learn that placing all your bets on one elite back isn't the best idea.

Think you guys are looking pretty good with Gavin.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 2/6/2021 at 1:21 PM, quigley said:

Does Seth Mcgowan not count? 

8 hours ago, texifornia said:

We ain't re-offering no Jordan Hudson

EuMF_NUXcAcGdXo?format=jpg&name=small

Maalik posted a "story" (or Fleet) on Twitter a few hours ago of Jordan Hudson doing the Hook Em sign and the caption "Hook em family y'all want em?". I guess it might be one to watch moving forward?

Abor picking up a smattering of low-confidence CBs for OU.

Sexton getting another higher-confidence one along with Bishop Gorman OT Jacob Taylor and 5-star DT Gabriel Brownlow-Dindy.

@quigley, what position is Gentry Williams getting recruited at? 247 seems unable to decide if he's a DUAL or an ATH. Either way an in-state 5-star is certainly very nice found money for you guys.

Edited by texifornia

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Sexton getting another higher-confidence one along with Bishop Gorman OT Jacob Taylor and 5-star DT Gabriel Brownlow-Dindy.

@quigley, what position is Gentry Williams getting recruited at? 247 seems unable to decide if he's a DUAL or an ATH. Either way an in-state 5-star is certainly very nice found money for you guys.

DB, probably CB.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

CB recruiting for OU in 2022 should be good with Williams and Maurion Horn, another instate guy, both high on OU. Williams had an ACL injury this past year so hopefully he comes back okay.

OU took 5 DBs in 2020 but only 2 in 2021 (Mukes is listed as a safety, but I doubt he stick there). All 5 guys from the 2020 class seem to be getting buzz, but based on numbers, I assume they'll go for a big DB class in 2022.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Honestly, yeah that's an ambitious placement for Casey:

Reveal hidden contents

EudtyM0UYAAFhWq?format=jpg&name=mediumEudtyxLVoAAtJiz?format=jpg&name=mediumEudtzMkVEAAXXXq?format=jpg&name=mediumEudtztcUYAYx7K4?format=jpg&name=medium

I think many (? most) OU fans > 40 years old have fond memories of Casey's dad running the bone and a soft spot for his redemption story. Based on that, Casey still will have a lot of OU fans in his corner despite him being on the wrong sideline in Dallas (I'm one of them). But putting Casey on this list is setting up ridiculous expectations.

But it's not just that. #4 on that list is also laughable. Purdy/Hall or Hutchinson should be on the list. Olave + any Ohio St QB should be on there as much as the Bama duo because Olave has shown much more than Metchie.

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, quigley said:

I think many (? most) OU fans > 40 years old have fond memories of Casey's dad running the bone and a soft spot for his redemption story. Based on that, Casey still will have a lot of OU fans in his corner despite him being on the wrong sideline in Dallas (I'm one of them). But putting Casey on this list is setting up ridiculous expectations.

But it's not just that. #4 on that list is also laughable. Purdy/Hall or Hutchinson should be on the list. Olave + any Ohio St QB should be on there as much as the Bama duo because Olave has shown much more than Metchie.

It's not a given Casey is going to start over Card either. Card is the most talented QB we've signed in a while /no LH94

• Hook 'Em 1