OU Recruiting 2022: Abnormal Mutations in OUDNA

7 minutes ago, golfclap said:

This one only gets funnier now that Chad is the new HC at Allen. Stick to those guns Lincoln, don't back down now. 

De Acuerdo Yes GIF

I think the important thing here is that Lincoln is principled and not just advocating for whatever benefits him most in the moment while whining like a sanctimonious little bitch. 

You see, he generally approves of transfers playing right away as evidenced by taking a boatload of them, however when a player of his wants to transfer intra-conference, it’s morally wrong because of the huge difference between intra- and inter-conference transfers, which he is unable to articulate. Except, it is a moral imperative that a player be allowed to transfer intraconference without sitting if that player was a walk on at the first school, again because of the huge difference between scholarship and non-scholarship transfers, which he is also unable to adequately explain. 

• Hook 'Em 4

• 2 weeks later...

“Unfortunate rumor

Saw on rivals board that apparently trejan and Seth have a warrant out for their arrest for breaking and entering. Just relaying what I read, I have no knowledge as to if it has any truth. If anyone has any insight, would be appreciated”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Fud said:

“Unfortunate rumor

Saw on rivals board that apparently trejan and Seth have a warrant out for their arrest for breaking and entering. Just relaying what I read, I have no knowledge as to if it has any truth. If anyone has any insight, would be appreciated”

Almost impossibly on brand for OU football.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Getafix said:

image.thumb.png.25f227edce52f73a3865043ec6829db5.png

image.thumb.png.a4c63578c303f8f882bbee84e1dee411.png

If the OU fans are tired of Bridges (posts below) ...

image.thumb.png.11a4e0d288ad05086afd022b380b2550.png

image.thumb.png.4495befba90c763feb5f8138d1918203.png

If it's bad enough that McGowan is gone gone, the Jase McClellan fiasco will continue to be the comedy gift that keeps on giving.

Edited by texifornia
  • Hook 'Em 2

Parker Thune:  OUInsider’s perspective on now-public statements from NPD and OU

Spoiler

OUInsider’s perspective on now-public statements from NPD and OU

Parker Thune

Hey all.

I wanted to make everybody aware of what went on behind the scenes with today’s saga. It’s been a harrowing internal struggle to figure out how to approach this because of how close we were — physically — to the situation.

We knew about it literally the second it happened, and here’s why: by some incredible stroke of chance, I happened to be in a drive-thru no more than 50 yards from where police detained a member of the football team on Thursday night. I am electing not to identify that individual for the time being, but suffice it to say that I know exactly which player it is. Moreover, I think there's been enough informal scuttlebutt floating around that y'all don't really need me to give you his name, and I figure it's only a matter of time before it all goes fully public anyway. The confrontation occurred at roughly 10:45 p.m. less than a mile east of campus. Several armed Norman PD officers surrounded the player’s vehicle, ordered him out of the car with his hands up, and apprehended him. As far as I could tell, the player, who was unaccompanied, complied fully.

I spoke to one of the officers after the player was taken away in a cruiser, and the officer in question informed me that the detainment had been made in connection with a robbery. Norman PD had identified the player as a suspect in the case. The officers on the scene searched the car, but it did not appear from my vantage point as if they found anything of consequence.

I called Brandon to give him real-time updates as the situation unfolded. We were in total agreement that we would not be the ones to publicize news of the development out of respect for the team and the judicial process, but we continued to monitor Cleveland County bookings overnight.

At roughly 1:30 p.m. Friday afternoon, I received a call back from the police department, and Capt. Brent Barbour gave me the following details.

NPD had responded to reports of a robbery involving firearms just after 10:00 p.m., and upon arriving on the scene, officers found one person injured. Fortunately, that individual’s injuries did not warrant hospitalization. Shortly thereafter, officers detained a suspect for questioning in connection with the robbery, and though the officer could not provide identification for the suspect, I was obviously there to visually confirm that it was a member of the football team.

Barbour emphasized to me that there had not been an arrest made, and that the encounter I witnessed was only a detainment. He stated that police detectives would continue to examine the facts and pursue a resolution, though he was unable to offer a timetable. He also indicated that the student-athlete I saw was not the only person of interest in the case. And if you’ve seen the statement from the OU athletic department, it is now public information that there are indeed multiple student-athletes involved in this situation. They are suspended pending investigation.

Obviously, depending on the outcome here, the student-athletes’ respective careers in the crimson and cream may very well be over. That is fair to acknowledge. However, until more information becomes available, please refrain from making any comments or conjectures that could be construed as condemnatory in nature. I would urge all of you not to jump to any conclusions until full details emerge; we will provide updates as we receive them.

Thanks, VIP’s.

image.thumb.png.a1ebeba18f9d6bdbce10f69f963d7af1.png

1 minute ago, Getafix said:

Parker Thune:  OUInsider’s perspective on now-public statements from NPD and OU

Hide contents

OUInsider’s perspective on now-public statements from NPD and OU

Parker Thune

Hey all.

I wanted to make everybody aware of what went on behind the scenes with today’s saga. It’s been a harrowing internal struggle to figure out how to approach this because of how close we were — physically — to the situation.

We knew about it literally the second it happened, and here’s why: by some incredible stroke of chance, I happened to be in a drive-thru no more than 50 yards from where police detained a member of the football team on Thursday night. I am electing not to identify that individual for the time being, but suffice it to say that I know exactly which player it is. Moreover, I think there's been enough informal scuttlebutt floating around that y'all don't really need me to give you his name, and I figure it's only a matter of time before it all goes fully public anyway. The confrontation occurred at roughly 10:45 p.m. less than a mile east of campus. Several armed Norman PD officers surrounded the player’s vehicle, ordered him out of the car with his hands up, and apprehended him. As far as I could tell, the player, who was unaccompanied, complied fully.

I spoke to one of the officers after the player was taken away in a cruiser, and the officer in question informed me that the detainment had been made in connection with a robbery. Norman PD had identified the player as a suspect in the case. The officers on the scene searched the car, but it did not appear from my vantage point as if they found anything of consequence.

I called Brandon to give him real-time updates as the situation unfolded. We were in total agreement that we would not be the ones to publicize news of the development out of respect for the team and the judicial process, but we continued to monitor Cleveland County bookings overnight.

At roughly 1:30 p.m. Friday afternoon, I received a call back from the police department, and Capt. Brent Barbour gave me the following details.

NPD had responded to reports of a robbery involving firearms just after 10:00 p.m., and upon arriving on the scene, officers found one person injured. Fortunately, that individual’s injuries did not warrant hospitalization. Shortly thereafter, officers detained a suspect for questioning in connection with the robbery, and though the officer could not provide identification for the suspect, I was obviously there to visually confirm that it was a member of the football team.

Barbour emphasized to me that there had not been an arrest made, and that the encounter I witnessed was only a detainment. He stated that police detectives would continue to examine the facts and pursue a resolution, though he was unable to offer a timetable. He also indicated that the student-athlete I saw was not the only person of interest in the case. And if you’ve seen the statement from the OU athletic department, it is now public information that there are indeed multiple student-athletes involved in this situation. They are suspended pending investigation.

Obviously, depending on the outcome here, the student-athletes’ respective careers in the crimson and cream may very well be over. That is fair to acknowledge. However, until more information becomes available, please refrain from making any comments or conjectures that could be construed as condemnatory in nature. I would urge all of you not to jump to any conclusions until full details emerge; we will provide updates as we receive them.

Thanks, VIP’s.

image.thumb.png.a1ebeba18f9d6bdbce10f69f963d7af1.png

Someone got hurt? Yeah they're fucked.

Drumm on team

Spoiler

Long weekend for Sooners fans, I know. Because of that, I am working on some VIP team information on the Sooners' spring football practices and more! We will also have LOADS of recruiting information dropping late-late tonight or Tuesday morning.

However, before that, we will get interviews with Sooners defensive line coach Calvin Thibodeaux, defensive back Justin Broiles, defensive lineman Josh Ellison, and defensive lineman Jordan Kelley today around mid-morning, so we will have tons of team info flowing as the day moves along, I am sure.

*** We will get part two and maybe even a part three (depending on what information I can accrue over the next 24-hours on the Sooners recruiting trail) up late-late tonight or Tuesday with all of the team information dropping today, as we noted above.

In the next update (maybe next two), we will try and have recruiting updates on Gentry Williams, four-star DE/OLB Derrick Moore, Tulsa (OK) Union Jayden Rowe, Owasso (OK) DE/DL Chris McClellan, St Frances players names to watch with OU diving hard into Baltimore in 2022 and beyond, Four-star OL Dayne Shor, Four-star EDGE rusher Marvin Jones Jr., Five-star RB Gavin Sawchuk, Four-star RB Jovantae Barnes, 2023 five-star WR Makai Lemon, 2023 five-star Malachi Nelson,2023 four-star WR DeAndre Moore, Five-star OLB/DE Omari Abor FULL UPDATE on what he said to me before announcing his top-10 last week, and maybe a few more that I have notes on and haven't dropped yet and have been sitting on for a while!

So stay tuned...

Now, let's get to some team notes. I can't promise that they are all great news, but I can say that there is some good news in what I am about to bring you all. We start with the most obvious information, and that is how the team is handling recent off-field distraction in regards to the investigation of Trejan Bridges and Seth McGowan.

*** As we talked about last week, we noted that there was supposed to be a scrimmage of some kind this weekend. I am told that didn't happen with the weather moving the practice inside. The spring game is coming up this Saturday, and I am sure they didn't want to potentially ruin the grass with how much rain came down most of last week.

*** No real full-on scrimmage, I am told, but the Sooners did have a team meeting to discuss everything regarding the two players being investigated. As you can imagine, sources tell me that this situation has hit everyone in the program pretty hard. One source told me, "This obviously has to be one of the hardest things [Lincoln] Riley has had to deal with in his young coaching career," the source told OUinsider. "Not a lot of things can prepare you for things like what (OU) is dealing with right now."

*** I was also told that even with the apparent difficulty in dealing with such a crazy situation, the Sooners staff and players have "put on good body language that shows a lot of mental toughness and just how solid of a program Coach Lincoln Riley has built during his time in Norman," a source said. "Probably won't find a better coach to deal with such things than Lincoln Riley."

Still, as you can imagine, the damage emotionally and mentally dealing with a potential issue like this has to be very difficult on just about everyone in the Barry Switzer Center, and I think all of that goes without saying.

*** Some potentially good news is that sources are telling me H-back/TE Austin Stogner is on the verge of a return to action and being able to fully participate in the last week of spring practice. Stogner has been limited to light, not contact stuff the last week or so, I am told, but Monday, he is slated to fully give it a go in practice. If that pans out, and there are no setbacks with pain or swelling, Stogner should be able to practice the rest of the spring and play in the spring game on Saturday.

That would be excellent news for Stogner and Oklahoma if that were to happen, especially after another bout with strep back during winter workouts causing the latest round of issues that have limited Stogner this spring. You can't help but hope his issues are over after this considering all that we reported he went through last November thru December. It was so very impressive that he even played against Florida in the Cotton Bowl.

We will watch and see how all of this plays out over the next week or so with Stogner. Regardless, everyone I talk with says he will be just fine and ready to roll for the Sooners 2021 season.

*** Another name people keep asking me about is Sooners WR Theo Wease. He has been out a lot of spring battling a lower-body injury, I am told.

That's about all I can get into about it. That said, last I heard he was out the rest of spring, but I’ll re-check over the next few days or so.

Again, that was just a well-placed source assessment of his injury; that it could cost him a game or so in the season if he has a few setbacks. That’s not something I’m told they think will happen, so as of now, he is expected to be okay for the season.

It's definitely something to watch moving forward, though.

*** As for some players performances this spring?

I have heard nothing but good things about Oklahoma defensive lineman Jalen Redmond. One source told me, "Redmond knows it's time. He is on a mission because of that," the well-placed source told OUinsider. "He has put in a lot of work in the weight room getting his body right, and he had the whole 2020 season to see Ronnie Perkins go off. That has fueled him. He wants that type of year and has the talent to have it." 

If Redmond can come back in 2021 and build off of the 6.5 sacks he had in 2019, the sky is the limit for the superb athlete on the Sooners defensive line. Either way, Redmond adds even more firepower to an already talented and experienced defensive front.

*** Speaking of the defensive front, I hear good things about second-year junior Perrion Winfrey once again. The rising star at the defensive line had one heckuva last half of the 2020 season.

A source I spoke with earlier last week informed me that Winfrey is starting to "get things on and off the field," the source noted on Winfrey. "He came back to OU to win a national title, and he has been focused this winter and spring. There aren't many as talented as him, so now he just needs to be who he was during the last half of 2020, all of 2021. He can be a game-changer, if so."

*** We have talked all spring about Sooners freshman and early enrollee QB Caleb Williams and his fast maturation since arriving in Norman in January. We have talked about his play and how Williams has picked up the offense at a very astonishing rate. Because of Williams' play and his growth, we haven't talked as much about the starter and off-season leading Heisman candidate, oddly enough.

*** I asked specifically about Spencer Rattler last week and was told that he has "performed his best the last week of spring ball," a well-placed source said of Rattler's play this spring so far. "He is always so accurate, but this past week he threw a few passes that left you in awe. He has also taken the offense over with his control of things, and the team is reacting to that in a very positive manner. What you're looking for with it being his second year being THE GUY."

*** I also asked about the third freshman QB in Penn State transfer Micah Bowens. A source told me that Bowens is "picking things up" but that "Bowens has a lot of growth still that is needed. He is inconsistent but also shows enough that it's not expected to see OU take a 2022 QB with him on the roster and in the QB rotation."

That to me means that OU expects Bowens to stick it out in Norman throughout his career. Meaning that he could potentially be the starter after Rattler and Williams leave Norman, interestingly enough. That is further down the road, so a lot can change from now until then. I just found that reasoning interesting. 

*** More spring running back talk, means more spring Eric Gray talk. This one is a bit sweeter and to the point with the Sooners being a bit more confident in what they have in him, with one source telling OUinsider, "Gray is that dude at running back," the source emphatically said about the Tennessee transfer RB. "He just makes play after play. Has some flash to him, too. He is an exciting runner when he has the ball in his hands in or out of the backfield."

The source also said that Mikey Henderson had been very good earlier last week.

*** Also, big shocker here...WR Marvin Mims and freshman WR Mario Williams have had another very good week heading into the last week of spring ball, I am told. Two names we have talked about a ton this spring, and two WR we will likely continue to talk about over the next week or so heading into summer workouts and fall camp. 

*** With Sooners head coach Lincoln Riley, Alex Grinch, and other staff members/players singling out a few players during their pressers like Billy Bowman, Mario Williams, Latrell McCutchin, Jeremiah Criddell, and Key Lawrence, you get the sense that younger guys are starting to make their moves on both sides of the ball. That attributed to recruiting on the trail and in the portal.

*** Speaking of the nickel competition between Jeremiah Criddell and Billy Bowman, the way the coaches have talked and sources have informed me, it seems like the position is expected to be in pretty good shape this fall. I think the starter will likely go to the more experienced guy in Criddell, but Bowman will definitely be a major contributor in the 2021 season.

*** I talked about Latrell McCutchin above being a name mentioned by the coaches and players so far, along with a few sources talking up the early enrollee. That continues to be the case with most everyone impressed with the former Austin (TX) LBJ star.

*** Those same sources have continued to say that former Choctaw (OK) and Sooners freshman DB Jordan Mukes has been "a very pleasant surprise" this spring. At this point, even with the return of junior safety Pat Fields after the spring, it wouldn't shock me to see Mukes a part of the defensive back rotation if he continues to make plays like he has all spring ball.

*** Sooners freshman RUSH backer Clayton Smith is a guy that most thought would come in and instantly be a rotation guy. A source told me recently that, "He is raw. He just needs some refining with his technique and understanding of the defense. When that is done, he has a chance to be a really good one for (OU)."

*** Obviously, Nik Bonitto is the starter at the RUSH backer spot. Talk about expectations. I had a source tell me, "Anything under 10 sacks wouldn't be reaching Nik's own expectations for the 2021 season." 

That's pressure, but it sounds like it's the type of pressure that Bonitto fully embraces, per a few sources. Bonitto had similar goals last year, but not many knew about it. The source told me that those are the types of goals that carried Bonitto and drove him to have such a coming out party in the 2020 season. I am sure Sooners fans hope to see something similar and maybe even better in 2021.

That type of talk should also make Big 12 offenses feel all warm and fuzzy inside, right?

***  I hear that Tennessee transfers Wanya Morris and Key Lawrence have taken some big strides over the last week or so. Lawerence is the expected starter at safety right now (Pat Fields is still out for the spring) and could hold off Pat Fields if he can continue to incorporate knowledge of the defense with his raw talent and athleticism. If that were to happen, and Lawrence holds off Pat Fields, it would show the continued changing of the guard when it comes to defensive backs body types that OU plays with since Alex Grinch became defensive coordinator.

As for Morris, he has all the skills needed to be the starter at one of the offensive tackle spots, but with him out several practices early this spring, he has some catching up to do with knowledge of the offense and what is expected by Sooners offensive line coach Bill Bedenbaugh. If he can continue to show strides in those areas, I wouldn't be the least shocked to see him and Anton Harrison handling the two offensive tackle spots come September 4th in New Orleans.

*** Another player that has a chance to flash on the offensive line is second-year freshman  Andrew Raym. Raym cleaned up an issue with his shoulder after the season and has been really focusing on the mental aspect of his game this spring. One source told me, "You won't find a more competitive guy than Raym. Sometimes that causes him to put too much pressure on himself," the source told OUinsider. "That trait also is what allowed him to play early and often as a freshman and will allow him to play a lot in year two as well. He has a chance to be very, very good before his time is up at OU." 

*** This is the last week of spring ball. We will work on more VIP coverage as we draw closer to Saturday's spring game, so stay tuned!

38 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Every time I see Billy Bowman's I want to pistol whip Tom Herman to death. Then I want to have him revived by a necromancer so I can do it another 6-7 times. 

The fact that he's at nickel instead of receiver means you should probably square whatever number you ultimately land on.

5 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

The fact that he's at nickel instead of receiver means you should probably square whatever number you ultimately land on.

I think it took about 3 years to not feel kicked in the dick by all the elite talent we missed in Charlies last year, and even now it sucks seeing some of those guys in the NFL.  Hopefully Sark actually wins and makes us forget about it much quicker. Though it will be hard to forget about Bownman when we play him a couple times a year for the next three years. It was easier to tune out guys who went to tOSU or Bama.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I think it took about 3 years to not feel kicked in the dick by all the elite talent we missed in Charlies last year, and even now it sucks seeing some of those guys in the NFL.  Hopefully Sark actually wins and makes us forget about it much quicker. Though it will be hard to forget about Bownman when we play him a couple times a year for the next three years. It was easier to tune out guys who went to tOSU or Bama.

Not for me unfortunately. I got to hear about it from Michigan buddies when J.K. Dobbins did J.K. Dobbins things in November. 

4 hours ago, IDIOTsavant said:

With what’s happened with the two knuckle heads, already talk of him going to receiver. 

3 minutes ago, golfclap said:

911 call released. 

I don't think that anyone is coming back from this one but only because they aren't as good as Joe Mixon. 

https://tulsaworld.com/sports/college/ou/listen-now-the-911-call-from-an-incident-that-may-involve-ou-student-athletes-in/article_da95df5a-a09a-11eb-a5bc-b7584fb0bf35.html

You seem like a reasonable guy, I’ll ask you to settle a disagreement. Another Sooner fan and I had a disagreement about which one is worse. What these two idiots did, or Joe Mixon? 

5 minutes ago, golfclap said:

911 call released. 

I don't think that anyone is coming back from this one but only because they aren't as good as Joe Mixon. 

https://tulsaworld.com/sports/college/ou/listen-now-the-911-call-from-an-incident-that-may-involve-ou-student-athletes-in/article_da95df5a-a09a-11eb-a5bc-b7584fb0bf35.html

holy shit they even stole an AR as well, just ransacked the room.. 

3 minutes ago, Pdawg88 said:

You seem like a reasonable guy, I’ll ask you to settle a disagreement. Another Sooner fan and I had a disagreement about which one is worse. What these two idiots did, or Joe Mixon? 

Okay, say what now? 

a) golfclap isn’t even vaguely reasonable. 

b) someone is having trouble discerning which is worse between a thug coldcocking a woman, knocking her out and breaking bones with a drug dealer getting robbed at gunpoint? that’s something someone is struggling with right now? 

Wow. 

16 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Okay, say what now? 

b) someone is having trouble discerning which is worse between a thug coldcocking a woman, knocking her out and breaking bones with a drug dealer getting robbed at gunpoint? that’s something someone is struggling with right now? 

Wow. 

Sounds like you are on my side, I appreciate it. Thank you for the reply 

Edited by Pdawg88

33 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

golfclap isn’t even vaguely reasonable. 

Pointing Up Morgan Freeman GIF by MOODMAN

33 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

someone is having trouble discerning which is worse between a thug coldcocking a woman, knocking her out and breaking bones with a drug dealer getting robbed at gunpoint? that’s something someone is struggling with right now?

TSRH. This isn't a debate. At all. 

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Okay, say what now? 

Wow. 

I submit the following brief to the court:

The outcome of the Mixon situation is undeniably worse by an order of magnitude, but I think there is an argument to be made that what Bridges and McGowen did showed them to be worse people. Mixon's right hook was a reaction to at the least a minor annoyance and at the worst incessant racial insults. Neither end of that spectrum in any way justifies the assault, but it's undisputed that he did not leave his dorm that evening planning to assault anyone.

Bridges and McGowen's stupidity, however, shows at least two levels of premeditated violation of team rules and state and federal law. First, they have a drug dealer. This shows they have purchased illegal drugs in the past. No moral judgment for getting high here, but purposeful violations of team rules generally have a direct inverse relationship with character. For Bridges, he had already been suspended for a positive drug test at least once. It is unclear why his suspension lasted longer than the other two players who were suspended at the same time, but there is some speculation it was due to a subsequent drug violation of some sort. Second, if the rumors are true, Bridges and McGowen left their house with the premeditated intention to commit a violent robbery using firearms. This was not a split second reaction like Mixon's assault. Bridges and McGowen dreamed up a plot where at least one of them was going to put on a ski mask, hold up their drug dealer at gun point, and steal things from the drug dealer's apartment. Then, as they were bouncing this idea back and forth, they collectively decided "You know what? That sounds like a great idea!" and put the plan into motion.

The proper answer to both situations is probably to kick all three off the team, but I think Bridges and McGowen's actions are more telling about them personally and show less of a possibility of reform than Mixon's.

• Hook 'Em 1

The outcome of the Mixon situation is undeniably worse by an order of magnitude, but I think there is an argument to be made that what Bridges and McGowen did showed them to be worse people. Mixon's right hook was a reaction to at the least a minor annoyance and at the worst incessant racial insults. Neither end of that spectrum in any way justifies the assault, but it's undisputed that he did not leave his dorm that evening planning to assault anyone.
Bridges and McGowen's stupidity, however, shows at least two levels of premeditated violation of team rules and state and federal law. First, they have a drug dealer. This shows they have purchased illegal drugs in the past. No moral judgment for getting high here, but purposeful violations of team rules generally have a direct inverse relationship with character. For Bridges, he had already been suspended for a positive drug test at least once. It is unclear why his suspension lasted longer than the other two players who were suspended at the same time, but there is some speculation it was due to a subsequent drug violation of some sort. Second, if the rumors are true, Bridges and McGowen left their house with the premeditated intention to commit a violent robbery using firearms. This was not a split second reaction like Mixon's assault. Bridges and McGowen dreamed up a plot where at least one of them was going to put on a ski mask, hold up their drug dealer at gun point, and steal things from the drug dealer's apartment. Then, as they were bouncing this idea back and forth, they collectively decided "You know what? That sounds like a great idea!" and put the plan into motion.
The proper answer to both situations is probably to kick all three off the team, but I think Bridges and McGowen's actions are more telling about them personally and show less of a possibility of reform than Mixon's.

FYI I was in the same side as you and CTJ. I don’t think it’s even close. 

giphy.gif

36 minutes ago, Divided Windows said:

Every woman I've ever known says, "Once a hitter, always a hitter."

• Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, Divided Windows said:

Yet Bob Stoops never kicked Mixon off the team, did he? He redshirted him and lied by calling that a "suspension," an idiotic claim that only a window-licking sooner fan would parrot.

What does that say about Stoops personally? And that is just one egregious Bob Stoops "discipline" issue.

• Hook 'Em 2

50 minutes ago, cafe society said:

Every woman I've ever known says, "Once a hitter, always a hitter."

Fair point, but I’m assuming that’s in reference to domestic violence. It’s at least a little different that the woman Mixon hit was a complete stranger. He wasn’t hitting an intimate partner, he was hitting a random person talking crap in a bar. Still completely wrong and probably worthy of being kicked off the team, but more similar to a bar fight than a domestic violence situation.

4 minutes ago, Divided Windows said:

Fair point, but I’m assuming that’s in reference to domestic violence. It’s at least a little different that the woman Mixon hit was a complete stranger. He wasn’t hitting an intimate partner, he was hitting a random person talking crap in a bar. Still completely wrong and probably worthy of being kicked off the team, but more similar to a bar fight than a domestic violence situation.

And I would wager that most women would accuse you of quibbling, at best.

41 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Yet Bob Stoops never kicked Mixon off the team, did he? He redshirted him and lied by calling that a "suspension," an idiotic claim that only a window-licking sooner fan would parrot.

What does that say about Stoops personally? And that is just one egregious Bob Stoops "discipline" issue.

No one claimed Stoops kicked Mixon off the team. Most OU alumni I know hated Stoops by 2014.

E.g., I was with a very highly ranked OU commit in a minor but prominent sport when they tweeted “Fire Bob Stoops” during OU’s playoff loss to Clemson in the 2015-16 season. Within 15 minutes of sending the tweet they received a text from their future head coach demanding it be taken down immediately and lecturing them about never doing anything critical again. Probably not unusual for high level athletic departments, but I thought it was funny and very Gestapo-ish.