Welcome to the American Inquistion

EMAWesome

Believe exactly like we do or you will be burned at the stake.  I briefly thought about staying out of the shit hole that is the Cloak Room because of this prevailing attitude but this whole groupthink plague is worth fighting against.  I know it's not a popular stance to take here but a man who was slightly smarter than even me once said  "Just because something is popular does not mean it is right and just because something is right does not mean it is popular." (Albert Einstein)

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 53

Burned at the stake? Hyperbole much? The worst thing that can happen here is you can be shown how and why your position is baseless and foolish. What a snowflake.

Edited by ndawg
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

Believe exactly like we do or you will be burned at the stake.  I briefly thought about staying out of the shit hole that is the Cloak Room because of this prevailing attitude but this whole groupthink plague is worth fighting against.  I know it's not a popular stance to take here but a man who was slightly smarter than even me once said  "Just because something is popular does not mean it is right and just because something is right does not mean it is popular." (Albert Einstein)

So what are you railing against?  The recognition that there has been a system in place for over a century that has placed people of color at a disadvantage?  That our goonball leader has been unfairly persecuted?  Please clarify so I can decide how I feel about your post.  I suspect I won’t agree, but that’s ok.  We don’t have to agree, and you are, thanks to the foundation of this great country, entitled to your opinion.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

You are neither right nor popular, so you have that going for you.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

You snowflake whiny bitch. I've tried to engage you on several occasions to understand your point and you do not reply. Your limited utility here is to randomly post videos to other people who think for you. Not everyone is going to agree with your shitty points. 

You may not have noticed, but society is tired of letting shit heels like you have your opinion blasted out while the good people remain silent. If you can't defend your position, that's not anyone else's issue. 

Get a thicker skin, listen, learn, get yourself out of your media/opinion bubble on YouTube. 

I have noticed this as well about @EMAWesome.  He quick hits and then disappears.  I would honestly like to hear a clear explanation of his position.  But that shit in the OP was cryptic and nonsense. What is the issue he’s pushing back on?  I’ll just assume it was NASCAR banning the Confederate flag.  And does that mean “Dukes of Hazzard” reruns will be banned too?  Then I’d be pissed not being able to see Cathy Bach in dem daisies.

27 minutes ago, ndawg said:

Burned at the stake? Hyperbole much? The worst thing that can happen here is you can be shown how and why your position is baseless and foolish. What a snowflake.

That dude has never stuck around for that part.  Just pivots to a new uninformed taking point.  

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3

Just now, Sbbruin said:

I have noticed this as well about @EMAWesome.  He quick hits and then disappears.  I would honestly like to hear a clear explanation of his position.  But that shit in the OP was cryptic and nonsense. What is the issue he’s pushing back on?  I’ll just assume it was NASCAR banning the Confederate flag.  And does that mean “Dukes of Hazzard” reruns will be banned too?  Then I’d be pissed not being able to see Cathy Bach in dem daisies.

No, it's not one thing, it's that we shut him down quickly every time in ways he can't comprehend. He's admitted to prefer the feeling of his safe spaces much better than here. Yes EMAW, it's very comforting to be around those who think like you. It's called group think. Know why I like this place? Cause I'm a bleeding liberal and I can freely engage with the new Right (like you) anytime I choose, to challenge my ideas/beliefs/philosophy. Helps you grow as an adult. Try it. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

You're upset because, in the long run, conservatism always loses. Progress happens. It's inevitable. The country you want to stay the same is changing in ways that frighten you.

And that's OK.

• Like 9

I believe it was Albert Einstein who said:

I do not see any reason to assume that the heuristic significance of the principle of general relativity is restricted to gravitation and that the rest of physics can be dealt with separately on the basis of special relativity, with the hope that later on the whole may be fitted consistently into a general relativistic scheme. I do not think that such an attitude, although historically understandable, can be objectively justified. The comparative smallness of what we know today as gravitational effects is not a conclusive reason for ignoring the principle of general relativity in theoretical investigations of a fundamental character. In other words, I do not believe that it is justifiable to ask: What would physics look like without gravitation?

But also:

If we consider that part of the theory of relativity which may nowadays in a sense be regarded as bone fide scientific knowledge, we note two aspects which have a major bearing on this theory. The whole development of the theory turns on the question of whether there are physically preferred states of motion in Nature (physical relativity problem). Also, concepts and distinctions are only admissible to the extent that observable facts can be assigned to them without ambiguity (stipulation that concepts and distinctions should have meaning). This postulate, pertaining to epistemology, proves to be of fundamental importance.

• Like 2

916defaebc955195761e3c1fbab7307f.jpg
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Say what you want about the flag, but the Dukes were right about cops.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BradInATX said:

This recipe for broiled salmon is fresh fish fillets coated in olive oil, garlic and herbs, then broiled until browned. A quick and easy dinner option that’s on the table in less than 20 minutes!

I serve salmon at least once a week, some of our favorite recipes include honey garlic salmon, pan seared salmon, and this simple yet satisfying broiled version.

Broiled salmon with lemon wedges and parsley for garnish.

My whole family enjoys salmon – it’s quick to make, loaded with nutrition and tastes great. This broiled salmon recipe doesn’t get any easier – the salmon fillets are smothered with a blend of olive oil, seasonings, garlic and herbs, then they take a quick trip through the broiler to get all browned and caramelized. This recipe is simple enough for a busy week night, yet elegant enough to serve to company!

HOW DO YOU MAKE BROILED SALMON?

It is amazing how quick and easy it is to make delicious broiled salmon. Simply whisk together olive oil, brown sugar, soy sauce, lemon zest, lemon juice, parsley, thyme, salt, pepper and garlic in a bowl. Place the salmon in the bowl and coat the salmon with the sauce. Put the salmon on a sheet pan and broil at 500 degrees F for 10-15 minutes until the salmon is opaque and browned on top. Remove the salmon from the oven, garnish with chopped parsley and lemon wedges and serve.

Salmon fillets in a bowl of olive oil, garlic and herbs.

WHAT IS THE BEST TEMPERATURE TO BROIL SALMON?

The key to broiled salmon is high heat from the top of the oven to get that lovely caramelized exterior. You can broil salmon at the temperature of your oven’s broil setting. Most broilers are set at 500-550 degrees F, but if your broiler is set at 450 degrees F, that will also work. Just be sure to use a high heat for the best results.

Salmon fillets on a sheet pan.

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BROIL AND BAKE?

Broiling in its simplest form is high heat from above. Broiling activates only one heating element in an oven above the food. Broiling is great for thin meats that can cook quickly, crisping breads or toppings and melting cheese over a cooked dish. When broiling salmon, radiant heat from the top of the oven caramelizes sugars and amino acids in the salmon. The heat browns and crisps the top of the salmon unlocking the flavor.

Cooked salmon fillets with herbs on top.

HOW DO YOU KNOW WHEN SALMON IS DONE?

You can tell when salmon is cooked when the flesh of the salmon goes from translucent to opaque, and the salmon flakes easily with a fork. You also want to see browning on top of the salmon to know that the flavors have been released.

Broiled salmon served with rice and asparagus.

BROILED SALMON VARIATIONS

I typically prepare this recipe as-is, but you can easily customize the flavors to your family’s tastes.

• Cilantro Lime: Use lime zest and lime juice instead of lemon, and substitute cilantro instead of thyme and parsley for a fresh and zesty flavor.
  • Mexican Style: Follow the marinade recipe in my chicken burrito bowls and coat the salmon with that marinade.
  • Asian Style: Use green onions instead of thyme, also add 2 teaspoons of minced ginger and 1 tablespoon of toasted sesame oil to the marinade.

This simple salmon recipe is as easy to make as it is delicious. It is sure to be a hit in your house, and it’s one of my go-to dinner options!

MORE GREAT SALMON RECIPES

Print  Pin
5 from 18 votes

Broiled Salmon

This recipe for broiled salmon is fresh fish fillets coated in olive oil, garlic and herbs, then broiled until browned. A quick and easy dinner option that's on the table in less than 20 minutes!

CourseMain
 CuisineAmerican
 Keywordbroiled salmon

Prep Time5 minutes
 Cook Time15 minutes
 Total Time20 minutes

Servings
 Calories274kcal
 AuthorSara Welch

INGREDIENTS

• 4 salmon fillets 4-6 ounces each
  • 4 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
  • 2 teaspoons lemon juice
  • 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley plus more for garnish
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic
  • lemon wedges for serving
  • cooking spray

INSTRUCTIONS

• Preheat the broiler. Coat a sheet pan with cooking spray.
  • Place the olive oil, brown sugar, soy sauce, lemon zest, lemon juice, parsley, thyme, salt, pepper and garlic in a bowl. Whisk to combine.
  • Add the salmon, toss to coat evenly.
  • Place the salmon fillets on the prepared sheet pan.
  • Broil for 10-15 minutes or until salmon is browned and opaque.
  • Garnish with chopped parsley and lemon wedges, then serve.

NUTRITION

Calories: 274kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 592mg | Potassium: 565mg | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 95IU | Vitamin 😄 2.2mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 1.2mg

I hope you’re using wild caught salmon. Farm raised is high in omega six fatty acids which are pro inflammatory

1 hour ago, BradInATX said:

This recipe for broiled salmon is fresh fish fillets coated in olive oil, garlic and herbs, then broiled until browned. A quick and easy dinner option that’s on the table in less than 20 minutes!

I serve salmon at least once a week, some of our favorite recipes include honey garlic salmon, pan seared salmon, and this simple yet satisfying broiled version.

My whole family enjoys salmon – it’s quick to make, loaded with nutrition and tastes great. This broiled salmon recipe doesn’t get any easier – the salmon fillets are smothered with a blend of olive oil, seasonings, garlic and herbs, then they take a quick trip through the broiler to get all browned and caramelized. This recipe is simple enough for a busy week night, yet elegant enough to serve to company!

HOW DO YOU MAKE BROILED SALMON?

It is amazing how quick and easy it is to make delicious broiled salmon. Simply whisk together olive oil, brown sugar, soy sauce, lemon zest, lemon juice, parsley, thyme, salt, pepper and garlic in a bowl. Place the salmon in the bowl and coat the salmon with the sauce. Put the salmon on a sheet pan and broil at 500 degrees F for 10-15 minutes until the salmon is opaque and browned on top. Remove the salmon from the oven, garnish with chopped parsley and lemon wedges and serve.

Salmon fillets in a bowl of olive oil, garlic and herbs.

WHAT IS THE BEST TEMPERATURE TO BROIL SALMON?

The key to broiled salmon is high heat from the top of the oven to get that lovely caramelized exterior. You can broil salmon at the temperature of your oven’s broil setting. Most broilers are set at 500-550 degrees F, but if your broiler is set at 450 degrees F, that will also work. Just be sure to use a high heat for the best results.

Salmon fillets on a sheet pan.

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BROIL AND BAKE?

Broiling in its simplest form is high heat from above. Broiling activates only one heating element in an oven above the food. Broiling is great for thin meats that can cook quickly, crisping breads or toppings and melting cheese over a cooked dish. When broiling salmon, radiant heat from the top of the oven caramelizes sugars and amino acids in the salmon. The heat browns and crisps the top of the salmon unlocking the flavor.

Cooked salmon fillets with herbs on top.

HOW DO YOU KNOW WHEN SALMON IS DONE?

You can tell when salmon is cooked when the flesh of the salmon goes from translucent to opaque, and the salmon flakes easily with a fork. You also want to see browning on top of the salmon to know that the flavors have been released.

Broiled salmon served with rice and asparagus.

BROILED SALMON VARIATIONS

I typically prepare this recipe as-is, but you can easily customize the flavors to your family’s tastes.

• Cilantro Lime: Use lime zest and lime juice instead of lemon, and substitute cilantro instead of thyme and parsley for a fresh and zesty flavor.
  • Mexican Style: Follow the marinade recipe in my chicken burrito bowls and coat the salmon with that marinade.
  • Asian Style: Use green onions instead of thyme, also add 2 teaspoons of minced ginger and 1 tablespoon of toasted sesame oil to the marinade.

This simple salmon recipe is as easy to make as it is delicious. It is sure to be a hit in your house, and it’s one of my go-to dinner options!

MORE GREAT SALMON RECIPES

Print  Pin
5 from 18 votes

Broiled Salmon

This recipe for broiled salmon is fresh fish fillets coated in olive oil, garlic and herbs, then broiled until browned. A quick and easy dinner option that's on the table in less than 20 minutes!

CourseMain
 CuisineAmerican
 Keywordbroiled salmon

Prep Time5 minutes
 Cook Time15 minutes
 Total Time20 minutes

Servings
 Calories274kcal
 AuthorSara Welch

INGREDIENTS

• 4 salmon fillets 4-6 ounces each
  • 4 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
  • 2 teaspoons lemon juice
  • 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley plus more for garnish
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic
  • lemon wedges for serving
  • cooking spray

INSTRUCTIONS

• Preheat the broiler. Coat a sheet pan with cooking spray.
  • Place the olive oil, brown sugar, soy sauce, lemon zest, lemon juice, parsley, thyme, salt, pepper and garlic in a bowl. Whisk to combine.
  • Add the salmon, toss to coat evenly.
  • Place the salmon fillets on the prepared sheet pan.
  • Broil for 10-15 minutes or until salmon is browned and opaque.
  • Garnish with chopped parsley and lemon wedges, then serve.

NUTRITION

Calories: 274kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 592mg | Potassium: 565mg | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 95IU | Vitamin 😄 2.2mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 1.2mg

Skate With Green Herb Sauce Recipe
An easy new fish recipe in 20 minutes or less!

Silver Spoon Kitchen
February 28, 2012

Article featured image
Photo: Andy Sewell
It may look like you're eating any other fillet of fish, but when it comes to skate, it's all about wings. They're not actually the wing of the fish or even a fish at all (see: Buffalo wings), but the enormous pectoral fin of a shark known as skate. Once the leathery skin is wrested off, you're left with a meaty, flavorful piece of fish that takes well to simple preparations.
It may look like you’re eating any other fillet of fish, but when it comes to skate, it’s all about wings. They’re not actually the wing of the fish or even a fish at all (see: Buffalo wings), but the enormous pectoral fin of a shark known as skate. Once the leathery skin is wrested off — a task you should probably leave to your fishmonger — you’re left with a meaty, flavorful piece of fish that takes well to simple preparations.

Skate has a reputation of spoiling quickly for a reason, so make sure you buy the freshest wings possible and use them the same day. 

Skate With Green Herb Sauce Recipe
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Level of Difficulty: Easy Serving Size: 4
Ingredients
2 tablespoons basil leaves, finely chopped
2 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
2 tablespoons capers, finely chopped
2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
finely grated zest of 1/2 lemon
juice of 1 lemon, strained
6 tablespoons olive oil
4 skate wings
all-purpose flour, for dusting
Salt and pepper

Directions
Put the basil, chives, capers, parsley, garlic, lemon zest and lemon juice in a bowl. Stir in half the olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan or skillet. Dust the skate wings with flour, season with salt and pepper and add to the pan.
Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, until the flesh has turned snowy white and is beginning to come away from the cartilage.
Pour the prepared herb sauce over the fish and cook over low heat for another few minutes, then transfer to a serving platter and serve immediately.
You Might Also Like
steakredwine
Here’s What You Should Be Grilling This Labo...
tuna puzzle
This Tuna Puzzle Will Teach You How To Butcher A F...
nut-crusted halibut
Upper Crust: 10 Creative Ways To Crust Your Food
breakfast for dinner
10 Sweet And Savory Ways To Use Tahini
Mustard On Food
Happy 6,000th Birthday To Mustard On Food!
pan-seared sole
Ring In Lent With 15 Delicious Seafood Recipes
Tags:fishherbssaucesskate

Sign up for the best of Food Republic, delivered to your inbox Tuesday and Thursday.

Email Address

FOLLOW Facebook Twitter YouTube Google PlusMORE  GET THE LATEST FROM FOOD REPUBLIC  
Email Address

Home About© 2020 Food Republic. All Rights Reserved.
Get the Latest!By using this website, you agree to our use of cookies. We use cookies to provide you with a great experience and to help our website run effectively. I Understand:)

• Like 2