Welcome to the American Inquistion

EMAWesome

2 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

Believe exactly like we do or you will be burned at the stake.  I briefly thought about staying out of the shit hole that is the Cloak Room because of this prevailing attitude but this whole groupthink plague is worth fighting against.  I know it's not a popular stance to take here but a man who was slightly smarter than even me once said  "Just because something is popular does not mean it is right and just because something is right does not mean it is popular." (Albert Einstein)

Saying that Einstein was smarter than even you is like saying that the New England Patriots are better than even my 12 year old nephew’s flag football team.

3 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

Believe exactly like we do or you will be burned at the stake.  I briefly thought about staying out of the shit hole that is the Cloak Room because of this prevailing attitude but this whole groupthink plague is worth fighting against.  I know it's not a popular stance to take here but a man who was slightly smarter than even me once said  "Just because something is popular does not mean it is right and just because something is right does not mean it is popular." (Albert Einstein)

People with your beliefs are burned at the stake because there is no intellectual backing for them.  If there is no intellectual backing for your  positions, people will wonder what the true motivation is.  And the guess is typically not flattering.

4 hours ago, ndawg said:

Burned at the stake? Hyperbole much? The worst thing that can happen here is you can be shown how and why your position is baseless and foolish. What a snowflake.

No shit. If we're going to Inquistion Emaw properly, we need four huge Clydesdales and a pyre from which to draw and quarter him with swords. None of this "neg" bullshit!

5 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

Goddamnit, EMAW ... you drive-by post some bullshit that has no intellectual credibility, refuse to defend it when called on it, the whine like a little pussy because you're slowly being banned. The Cloak Room is a manly sport. Don't come in here with weakass bullshit, refuse to defend that weakass bullshit, and then leave like a champion. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

No, it's not one thing, it's that we shut him down quickly every time in ways he can't comprehend. He's admitted to prefer the feeling of his safe spaces much better than here. Yes EMAW, it's very comforting to be around those who think like you. It's called group think. Know why I like this place? Cause I'm a bleeding liberal and I can freely engage with the new Right (like you) anytime I choose, to challenge my ideas/beliefs/philosophy. Helps you grow as an adult. Try it. 

His arguments never work out on Surly the way they do on FOX News. He can't figure out why.

7 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I only opened this thread to see if this was the first response and god damn if you didn’t deliver. Well done. 

Surly has its moments, and that was one of them, judges would also accept Mel Brooks The Inquisition.....

11 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

Maybe don't start threads that have no point other than to attract neg reps?  Contrary to popular belief, I don't wish to see you or other opposing viewpoints banned, regardless of how stupid your viewpoints are.  Yet here you are trying your hardest to get there.

As others have already covered, you routinely do drive by posts and never respond when you're refuted.  Have you ever once even acknowledged your most infamous post on circumstantial evidence and come back to say, "Hey, I royally fucked up and was wrong.  My bad"?  Of course not.  You continually kill your own credibility by thinking you can just throw any shit at the wall and then not participate when it's challenged.  You think dropping 20 minute Youtube videos from fucking Tim Pool or other dorks without context is a good debate strategy. You haven't even had the balls to show back up to this thread since the OP. 

Maybe don't compare yourself to Einstein.  And don't make yourself out to be some martyr.  You're just someone who doesn't debate in good faith and stomps his feet with tears in his eyes when people don't nod their heads and accept your low-level bullshit conservative media talking points.  Fuck off already, and stay out of the Cloak Room if you can't handle it.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

Burned at the stake?  No no no no.  You’re working off an old Antifa memo.

We agreed last week on guillotines.  Did you not get the update?  

It’s not like we’ve been fuckin secretive about it either. Christ, we have the dumbest enemies.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

Suicide by CR.

1 hour ago, Tom said:

You continually kill your own credibility by thinking you can just throw any shit at the wall and then not participate when it's challenged. 

This is circumstantial evidence.  Everyone knows that is inadmissible.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

EMAW seems to have a thesis here, but it looks like all he has in support is circumstantial evidence, which of course is not admissible in court.

Bummer for him.

Dammit.  I was late to the thread.

15 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

So what are you railing against?  The recognition that there has been a system in place for over a century that has placed people of color at a disadvantage?  That our goonball leader has been unfairly persecuted?  Please clarify so I can decide how I feel about your post.  I suspect I won’t agree, but that’s ok.  We don’t have to agree, and you are, thanks to the foundation of this great country, entitled to your opinion.

Are you saying that system is still in place?  If it is it is the most piss poor racist system any racists on the face of the earth have ever conceived.  The  same system that has produced the Congressional Black Caucus which has been in place as long as I can remember, an African-American on the Supreme Court for every year I have been alive, a country today in which Africans are the fastest rising sector of immigrants, a country four years removed from the second term of an African-American president.  If only our system was as bad at spending tax payers money as it is at being racist.

And that isn't even what I am railing against.  I am railing against the idea that dissenting opinions and ideas must be wiped off the face of society.  I am railing against the idea that anything, anywhere in the world in the form of a statue, a television program, a movie, the name of a sports team, the name of a band, any plant, animal or mineral that may possibly, theoretically, conceivably, if you go 85 million degrees of Kevin Bacon have dinged any one of the seven billion people on earth's feelings must be removed from society and from history.  This is absolute stupidity and anyone that can't see it are morons.  Go ahead call me a racist all you want.  You're wrong but I will never convince you of it and frankly I don't give a fuck.  If I have to pick one over the other I would rather be considered a racist than a moron.  At least there are examples in history of racists accomplishing something (hello Woodrow Wilson, D.W. Griffith, and, in your eyes, probably everyone that ever signed the Declaration of Independence or the Constitution).  What have morons ever accomplished?

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 7

Are you saying that system is still in place?  If it is it is the most piss poor racist system any racists on the face of the earth have ever conceived.  The  same system that has produced the Congressional Black Caucus which has been in place as long as I can remember, an African-American on the Supreme Court for every year I have been alive, a country today in which Africans are the fastest rising sector of immigrants, a country four years removed from the second term of an African-American president.  If only our system was as bad at spending tax payers money as it is at being racist.
And that isn't even what I am railing against.  I am railing against the idea that dissenting opinions and ideas must be wiped off the face of society.  I am railing against the idea that anything, anywhere in the world in the form of a statue, a television program, a movie, the name of a sports team, the name of a band, any plant, animal or mineral that may possibly, theoretically, conceivably, if you go 85 million degrees of Kevin Bacon have dinged any one of the seven billion people on earth's feelings must be removed from society and from history.  This is absolute stupidity and anyone that can't see it are morons.  Go ahead call me a racist all you want.  You're wrong but I will never convince you of it and frankly I don't give a fuck.  If I have to pick one over the other I would rather be considered a racist than a moron.  At least there are examples in history of racists accomplishing something (hello Woodrow Wilson, D.W. Griffith, and, in your eyes, probably everyone that ever signed the Declaration of Independence or the Constitution).  What have morons ever accomplished?

d114073e45185c302324667257b7a753.gif
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

If I have to pick one over the other I would rather be considered a racist than a moron. 

ee10r.jpg

What have morons ever accomplished?

Well, you've rather admirably shit the bed in epic fashion on this thread, so.....put that on the resume, I guess.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

If you operate under the assumption that the fact that some black people have held positions of prominence in modern society means there must not be any sort of systematic racism, I understand why you'd also believe this:

22 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

I am railing against the idea that dissenting opinions and ideas must be wiped off the face of society.  I am railing against the idea that anything, anywhere in the world in the form of a statue, a television program, a movie, the name of a sports team, the name of a band, any plant, animal or mineral that may possibly, theoretically, conceivably, if you go 85 million degrees of Kevin Bacon have dinged any one of the seven billion people on earth's feelings must be removed from society and from history.  This is absolute stupidity and anyone that can't see it are morons. 

But I think your foundational premise is incorrect. I think you underestimate the impact of generations of poverty and systemic discrimination. The civil rights progress of the 1960s was only a couple of generations ago, and it very clearly didn't flip a switch to equity. 

From that perspective, surely you can see why some people may have issues with things like public statues that celebrate people who directly played a role in ensuring their suffering...right? It doesn't erase history, it just ceases to venerate certain people. I don't see a problem with that. 

Edited by Hank Chinaski

Chocolate Velveeta Fudge

Written by

Diana Rattray

Updated 06/17/19

Diana Rattray

• Total: 13 mins

• Prep: 10 mins

• Cook: 3 mins

• Yield: 3 pounds (16 servings)

106 ratings

6 Comments

Add a comment

Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)

Calories

22g

Fat

65g

Carbs

6g

Protein

See Full Nutritional Guidelines

(Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.)

If you've tried other fudge recipes only to find them dry and crumbly, this may be the solution for you. It may seem a bit unorthodox to use Velveeta, but many fudge recipes call for cream cheese to give the final product some silkiness. Velveeta replicates that texture in this recipe and has a longer shelf life than real cream cheese.

Velveeta often gets a bad rap, but it makes the fudge smooth and creamy, and you might have some fun asking people to guess the secret ingredient. No one needs to know it's the main ingredient in this recipe unless you want them to, because chances are they'll never guess.

For those who have made (or tried to make) fudge before, be prepared for this recipe to set up a bit differently than other varieties. The Velveeta will make the fudge mixture a bit sticky and somewhat stiff. If you have a stand mixer, use the paddle attachment or dough hook. You may want to chill the fudge in a loaf pan instead of the standard 8-inch or 9-inch pan, so it sets up well.

Ingredients

• 1 cup/ 2 sticks butter (softened)

• 8 ounces pasteurized process cheese (like Kraft Velveeta)

• 2 pounds confectioners' sugar

• 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa

• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract

• 1 to 1 1/2 cups pecans (or walnuts, coarsely chopped)

Steps to Make It

1. Butter a 9-inch square pan. It's best to avoid cooking spray since this recipe produces a heavy, dense end result.

2. Cut the Velveeta cheese into small cubes. They don't have to be symmetrical, but smaller pieces will be easier to work with than a large chunk.

3. In a large nonstick saucepan over medium heat, combine the butter and cheese cubes. Cook, stirring frequently, until melted and smooth.  

4. Remove from heat, but don't allow to cool. If it thickens, add a teaspoon of hot water to reduce the stickiness.

5. Combine the confectioners' sugar and cocoa and whisk to blend (or sift them together). Add the sugar and cocoa mixture to cheese mixture, mixing well. Add the vanilla and nuts and blend well. The mixture will be thicker than you might expect, but that's OK. 

6. Press the mixture into the prepared pan; chill in the refrigerator (not the freezer) for about 2 hours or until firm. Cut into squares.

Expert Tips

Butter the pan lightly and line it with a large sheet of parchment paper or aluminum foil, leaving the ends long enough to lift the fudge out of the pan once it's slightly chilled. You can use plastic wrap to cover the fudge before placing it in the refrigerator to help smooth the top of the fudge.

34 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

If it is it is the most piss poor racist system any racists on the face of the earth have ever conceived.

Folks, this is what you call a "thesis."  EMAW's position is that the US does NOT have a racist system.  It's a bold thesis, but he supports it.

We know that the US does not have a racist system because:

35 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

The  same system that has produced the Congressional Black Caucus which has been in place as long as I can remember, an African-American on the Supreme Court for every year I have been alive, a country today in which Africans are the fastest rising sector of immigrants, a country four years removed from the second term of an African-American president.

The text quoted above is called "evidence."  In fact, it is a very specific type of evidence.

Does anyone here know what type of evidence it is?  Would anyone in the back of the class like to raise their hand and take a guess?  Anyone? Bueller?

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

I won’t call you a racist.  But 

089A6622-9394-414F-9692-FED98343E1DA.gif

42 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

Lawt.

Hitler accomplished a whole lot. 

Only your diseased mind would see moron as the opposite of racist. 

13 hours ago, hpslugga said:

Saying that Einstein was smarter than even you is like saying that the New England Patriots are better than even my 12 year old nephew’s flag football team.

You must be unfamiliar with my posting style.  I use sarcasm in my posts almost as much as the University of Oklahoma marching band uses Boomer Sooner.

• Fuck You 5

2 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

You must be unfamiliar with my posting style.  I use sarcasm in my posts almost as much as the University of Oklahoma marching band uses Boomer Sooner.

Yet without the intellectual skill of the OU band.  An impressive accomplishment indeed.

Black penis resentment talk not going away.
  • Like 1