Karen of the Year

cactusflinthead

1 hour ago, Grade of D as in David said:

I'm waiting for one of these coughing assholes to meet the business end of some brass knuckles, since they're legal to carry in Texas for self defense now.

Seriously though in the times of Covid that has to enough for a self defense claim right?

4 minutes ago, Pancho said:

That was an odd exchange and she was creepy but it isn’t a Karen. She wasn’t asking to see a manager. She was just questioning a person making graffiti. We want people to question folks doing that kind of thing.

10 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

That was an odd exchange and she was creepy but it isn’t a Karen. She wasn’t asking to see a manager. She was just questioning a person making graffiti. We want people to question folks doing that kind of thing.

Wait

are you telling me, a black person, who is and isn’t a Karen?  

giphy.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pancho said:

Wait

are you telling me, a black person, who is and isn’t a Karen?  

giphy.gif

Is that a joke? It isn’t very funny or apt if it was intended as such. Are you under the impression that only black folks can have an opinion on who is and who isn’t a Karen? Would be a weird flex.

Feel free to share with me why you feel that person is a Karen. She was creepy, and lying could be considered questionable. But this isn’t a Karen. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GW Hayduke said:

She made the transition to Karen when she claimed to know the owner of the house. Solidified it when she wanted his name, but wouldn't give hers. Then topped it off by walking away when challenged by him to call the cops. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

She made the transition to Karen when she claimed to know the owner of the house. Solidified it when she wanted his name, but wouldn't give hers. Then topped it off by walking away when challenged by him to call the cops. 

This is 2020. You should know better than to spread random unverified twitter accusations. 

She did lie. That was unfortunate. She was also creepy imo with being overly nice. Watch the video though.  Why didn't he simply answer whether he owned the property or not? Why be a dick about it? If you are out putting graffiti in front of your house and someone comes by and asks if you live there, are you just going to stare at them? 

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

I’m about to white lady it up here but the original tweet says the person who she came at was a POC and she called the police.

Isn’t that textbook Karen-omg?

There isn't a new standard where white folks can no longer call the police when an asian guy is involved. Or would you argue differently?  What about when that aisan guy is applying graffiti and refuses to say whether he owns the property? There is shit to be concerned about and reasons to cancel people, but this clearly isn't it - based on the video.

Edited by GW Hayduke
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, GW Hayduke said:

Is that a joke? It isn’t very funny or apt if it was intended as such. Are you under the impression that only black folks can have an opinion on who is and who isn’t a Karen? Would be a weird flex.

Feel free to share with me why you feel that person is a Karen. She was creepy, and lying could be considered questionable. But this isn’t a Karen. 

We've reached a point in our country where we are arguing over what is and isn't a Karen.  2020 yall. 

Look GW, I'm not trying to argue bro.  As long as we both recognize Karen-ing is an issue, I'm good with that. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

This is 2020. You should know better than to spread random unverified twitter accusations. 

She did lie. That was unfortunate. She was also creepy imo with being overly nice. Watch the video though.  Why didn't he simply answer whether he owned the property or not? Why be a dick about it? If you are out putting graffiti in front of your house and someone comes by and asks if you live there, are you just going to stare at them? 

There isn't a new standard where white folks can no longer call the police when an asian guy is involved. Or would you argue differently?  What about when that aisan guy is applying graffiti and refuses to say whether he owns the property? There is shit to be concerned about and reasons to cancel people, but this clearly isn't it - based on the video.

If he was putting up a professionally made banner would that have been acceptable? I think not. It wasn't the method of declaring black lives matter, it was the message. She made the claim to know the owner. In what scenario would she have believed him?

1 minute ago, Pancho said:

We've reached a point in our country where we are arguing over what is and isn't a Karen.  2020 yall. 

Look GW, I'm not trying to argue bro.  As long as we both recognize Karen-ing is an issue, I'm good with that. 

That cool. Karen's are an issue for sure.  But like a lot of stuff in this social media world with twitter framing and canceling, things get crazy imo and it isn't always justified.  I like the idea of trying to objectively look at both sides.  Both the white couple and the asian guy could have been better in this instance but I see it being overblown.  This exploded on reddit last night.  

5 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

It wasn't the method of declaring black lives matter, it was the message. 

Source?  

5 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

In what scenario would she have believed him?

Who knows? But instead of saying, "Yeah, this is my place. I've been here for six months." He decided to just stare at them.  Guy was being a dick.

For some reason you seem to be extrapolating a lot of things based on the video evidence. Why is that? Do you think twitter framed this interaction for you?

Edited by GW Hayduke

She was confronting him at his home. I see no reason for him to be any less confrontational. If she wants to call the cops he invited her to do so. She initiated the scene. He has a right to be a dick. 

Speculation on my part about the message, but we can't prove it one way or the other can we? However, judging by her Twitter feed I'd say it's a pretty safe bet. 

1 minute ago, cactusflinthead said:

She was confronting him at his home. I see no reason for him to be any less confrontational. If she wants to call the cops he invited her to do so. She initiated the scene. He has a right to be a dick. 

Speculation on my part about the message, but we can't prove it one way or the other can we? However, judging by her Twitter feed I'd say it's a pretty safe bet. 

Share her twitter feed.

The guy has a right to be a dick. He exercised that right. This isn’t about rights though. I understand you are ok with him being a dick neighbor.

23 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

Share her twitter feed.

The guy has a right to be a dick. He exercised that right. This isn’t about rights though. I understand you are ok with him being a dick neighbor.

Plot twist, shes not even his neighbor.  

3 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

Plot twist, shes not even his neighbor.  

That’s the guy’s story. That he’s a victim. It’s weak. He doesn’t deserve the twitter mob that amassed against that lady. There are real victims out there. This dude exercised his right to graffiti his own property, exercised his right to be dick and not say he owns the property, and then acts like a victim when the cops are called. Weak sauce. 

2 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

That’s the guy’s story. That he’s a victim. It’s weak. He doesn’t deserve the twitter mob that amassed against that lady. There are real victims out there. This dude exercised his right to graffiti his own property, exercised his right to be dick and not say he owns the property, and then acts like a victim when the cops are called. Weak sauce. 

Strange hill to die on.  She lied about knowing who lived there, but you're still carrying her water?  There's other shit on twitter where her real neighbors put her shit on blast on some neighborhood app.  Its not him making shit up.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

A "Karen" will now also become a marginalized term for any female who has a valid disagreement with the status bro quo.

5 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

Strange hill to die on.  She lied about knowing who lived there, but you're still carrying her water?  There's other shit on twitter where her real neighbors put her shit on blast on some neighborhood app.  Its not him making shit up.  

She did lie and that was a mistake but she isn’t a Karen. Watch the video. This dude is weak sauce.

This dude put graffiti on his property. That’s odd but ok, it happens I guess

This dude has his camera on and ready for someone to confront him. That’s more than weird.

This dude refuses to say he owns the property. He’s clearly being a dick and instigating for things to escalate.

This dude then whines on social media that he’s a victim. Twitter eats it up. Random unverified accounts feed the story that she’s a qtard etc.

There is real Karen shit out there that happens but this isn’t it. 

3 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

I agree. Plus her Karenhood is cemented further by the fact that she managed to make her husband into a male Karen.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GW Hayduke said:

Why didn't he simply answer whether he owned the property or not? Why be a dick about it? If you are out putting graffiti in front of your house and someone comes by and asks if you live there, are you just going to stare at them? 

This...he goaded them into it becoming an altercation. Her lying about knowing he doesn't live there is very close to Karen territory, though. 

Edit: just rewatched it and the index finger to chin when she says "we actually do know" he doesn't live there seals an official Karen rating from me. 

Edited by Hookah Horns

33 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Because it’s none of her fucking business. 

So anyone who investigates a possible crime against a neighbor's property is a Karen? Neighborhood watches can be annoying hall monitor types, but they do help cut crime in a neighborhood. And I'd like to think my neighbors would similarly keep an eye out for shady stuff. 

Not saying it's right in this instance, where it's a simple stencil in broad daylight, but I don't think not minding your own business when it comes to possible crime = Karenning. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hookah Horns said:

So anyone who investigates a possible crime against a neighbor's property is a Karen? Neighborhood watches can be annoying hall monitor types, but they do help cut crime in a neighborhood. And I'd like to think my neighbors would similarly keep an eye out for shady stuff. 

Not saying it's right in this instance, where it's a simple stencil in broad daylight, but I don't think not minding your own business when it comes to possible crime = Karenning. 

We're not going to find out if it was the message or the method. Let's say it was an instance of graffiti. What is the likelihood that a perpetrator is going to stand there and challenge them to call the police? 

We should set this up like an Olympic judging committee, with various points awarded when various events take place.  Ex:  your fat ass crack shows while you're ranting = 7 points, but if you deliberately show your fat ass crack well that's 10 points.  You get two points for each time you use the n word (or the equivalent for Hispanics or Arabs) up to a total of 10 points, then 1 point for each use thereafter.   

Also, the Karen evolution chart:

Edited by Horn Under a Bad Sign
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

On 6/12/2020 at 11:09 AM, mdmost said:

Yes, a true Karen is denoted by a willingness to start something with a person of color and then try to weaponize the police against the person of color when the person of color does not submit to the potential Karen's authority. 

The color part has nothing to do with Karenness.

However, I agree with your choice for Karen of the year.  Definitely the Central Park bird killer.

On 6/13/2020 at 8:54 AM, Pancho said:

A bit late on this but I'll just state y'all are missing the point on this one. They weren't agreeing/ questioning shit but that man's right to be there.

Forget the claim of knowing the owner. She's a Karen for sticking her crazy looking ass into business she had no business being in, because she saw a PoC writing a politicized message on property that couldn't possibly belong to the person painting it. 

And make no mistake, she nor her pussy of a husband, would've thought twice had he looked more white. 

16 hours ago, Hookah Horns said:

But it is though because for the reasons you outlined (simple stenciling [lol @graffiti] in broad daylight.) She saw what he was doing, ASSUMED a crime was being committed (lol and the fact that it's a nicer looking neighborhood is lost upon everyone), and took it upon herself to act because "something didn't look/ feel right."

speaking of framing narratives:

22 hours ago, GW Hayduke said:

This dude put graffiti on his property. That’s odd but ok, it happens I guess

lol at sidewalk chalk and a stencil being graffiti.

22 hours ago, GW Hayduke said:

This dude has his camera on and ready for someone to confront him. That’s more than weird.

i'm calling bullshit on this assumption of yours as well.  it takes no time to pick your phone up and start recording.  whipped husband has his phone out recording as well 4 seconds in. 

1 minute ago, elfenix said:

speaking of framing narratives:

lol at sidewalk chalk and a stencil being graffiti.

i'm calling bullshit on this assumption of yours as well.  it takes no time to pick your phone up and start recording.  whipped husband has his phone out recording as well 4 seconds in. 

I understand that you feel this guy wasn’t applying graffiti on a wall and that it’s normal to have a phone recording (while not applying graffiti).  You see it differently. I suggest you take into account the next two steps- not answering questions and escalating the situation and then whining online about being a victim. Dude is a huge part of the problem shown in that video. The woman was cringey for sure, but that dude is a straight up dick. 

1 minute ago, GW Hayduke said:

Don’t take my word for it. Watch the video

i did.  he picks his phone up and hits record. 

do you think hubby is also wandering around with his phone on knowing his wife is going to start shit?

Edited by elfenix

Just now, elfenix said:

i did.  he picks his phone up and hits record. 

do you think hubby is also wandering around with his phone on knowing his wife is going to start shit?

What does the husband’s phone have to do with the Asian dude’s graffiti, his ready phone, his antagonism/escalation, and then social media victimhood?

3 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

What does the husband’s phone have to do with the Asian dude’s graffiti, his ready phone, his antagonism/escalation, and then social media victimhood?

it's evidence of just how easy it is to whip out  a phone and hit record, in counter to your claim that dude already has his phone recording.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, GW Hayduke said:

GW is a Karen?!?!?!

giphy.gif

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, elfenix said:

it's evidence of just how easy it is to whip out  a phone and hit record, in counter to your claim that dude already has his phone recording.

Yeah, no. That is at the very start of their conversation.

i don’t know about you. But when I’m outside my place and someone gets my attention, I don’t immediately flip my phone toward them before responding. And then after the phone is on, I don’t just stand there and not say anything. And then after asked the same question multiple times, I don’t deflect and for some odd reason still not answer.

this dude obviously set this up and escalated into what it became. Weird that folks don’t see it. 

Any normal neighbor would have said, “yeah, this is my place. I’ve been here since 2018 or whatever. Btw this isn’t paint and can just wash off with water. No big deal. Just making a statement.”

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1