Karen of the Year

cactusflinthead

22 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

I understand that you feel this guy wasn’t applying graffiti on a wall and that it’s normal to have a phone recording (while not applying graffiti).  You see it differently. I suggest you take into account the next two steps- not answering questions and escalating the situation and then whining online about being a victim. Dude is a huge part of the problem shown in that video. The woman was cringey for sure, but that dude is a straight up dick. 

First of all, kindly fuck off.  Why do I have to answer questions about my property?  Call the cops and move the fuck on.  Who is whining?  He posted a video of a lady giving him shit for writing something on his property, said video went viral.  Well if it isn't the consequences of my own actions...

• Like 2

That’s the guy’s story. That he’s a victim. It’s weak. He doesn’t deserve the twitter mob that amassed against that lady. There are real victims out there. This dude exercised his right to graffiti his own property, exercised his right to be dick and not say he owns the property, and then acts like a victim when the cops are called. Weak sauce. 

People don’t need to justify themselves to others and not doing so doesn’t make one a dick. He was not submitting to their faux authority claim.

See something say something is for real crimes not people using a bbq in a park.

5 minutes ago, CowboyFred said:

First of all, kindly fuck off.  Why do I have to answer questions about my property?  Call the cops and move the fuck on.  Who is whining?  He posted a video of a lady giving him shit for writing something on his property, said video went viral.  Well if it isn't the consequences of my own actions...

Haha cowboy Fred is the Asian dude that set up a scene in front of his place to get online victimhood points. Weird flex. This is gonna cost you at least two corners of your man card. My recommendation is that next time a human interacts with you, you respond with words like you see normal humans doing in the real world

Edited by GW Hayduke

1 minute ago, Nivek said:

People don’t need to justify themselves to others and not doing so doesn’t make one a dick. He was not submitting to their faux authority claim.

See something say something is for real crimes not people using a bbq in a park.

We aren’t talking about the bbq in a park. This is about the graffiti situation

6 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

Yeah, no. That is at the very start of their conversation.

1. i don’t know about you. But when I’m outside my place and someone gets my attention, I don’t immediately flip my phone toward them before responding. 1b. And then after the phone is on, I don’t just stand there and not say anything. And then after asked the same question multiple times, I don’t deflect and for some odd reason still not answer.

2. this dude obviously set this up and escalated into what it became. Weird that folks don’t see it. 

3. Any normal neighbor would have said, “yeah, this is my place. I’ve been here since 2018 or whatever. Btw this isn’t paint and can just wash off with water. No big deal. Just making a statement.”

lets go point by point

1.  Of course you don't.  Now if that person begins harassing you about what you are doing at your house, then yea I might get my phone out and record the encounter (in my case because I'm a male minority and she appears white). 

1b.  What explanation do I owe you?  Why the fuck do you keep bothering me?  Call the cops if it bothers you so much.

2.  Did you even read this to yourself before hitting submit reply?  Let me go out and paint black lives matters on my front porch and hope that a nosy person comes and starts shit.  I believe that you're saying more about the reason for the black lives matters protests than you even realize.

3.  Yea and if she was a "normal neighbor" and didn't live miles away by the marina maybe I would've recognized her and entertained her queries.  I also don't owe my neighbors any explanation.  

I don't get it.  Where is the disconnect?  The "is she Karen or she isn't a Karen" is irrelevant at this point.  I'm talking about your view that I, or that dude in the video in this case, owes that lady or anyone else that is not an authority any sort of explanation so that "it doesn't escalate".  Why does he owe her anything?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

Haha cowboy Fred is the Asian dude that set up a scene in front of his place to get online victimhood points. Weird flex. This is gonna cost you at least two corners of your man card. My recommendation is that next time a human interacts with you, you respond with words like you see normal humans doing in the real world

actually not asian but Mexican.  also that was a pretty weak comeback do better please.  

2 minutes ago, CowboyFred said:

lets go point by point

1.  Of course you don't.  Now if that person begins harassing you about what you are doing at your house, then yea I might get my phone out and record the encounter (in my case because I'm a male minority and she appears white). 

1b.  What explanation do I owe you?  Why the fuck do you keep bothering me?  Call the cops if it bothers you so much.

2.  Did you even read this to yourself before hitting submit reply?  Let me go out and paint black lives matters on my front porch and hope that a nosy person comes and starts shit.  I believe that you're saying more about the reason for the black lives matters protests than you even realize.

3.  Yea and if she was a "normal neighbor" and didn't live miles away by the marina maybe I would've recognized her and entertained her queries.  I also don't owe my neighbors any explanation.  

I don't get it.  Where is the disconnect?  The "is she Karen or she isn't a Karen" is irrelevant at this point.  I'm talking about your view that I, or that dude in the video in this case, owes that lady or anyone else that is not an authority any sort of explanation so that "it doesn't escalate".  Why does he owe her anything?

If you are applying graffiti to a property, then folks are gonna ask you about it. That is how the world works. That is how communities work. It isn't abnormal to ask someone if they own property that they are actively applying graffiti on.  It doesn't equate to an injustice or harassment. 

When folks ask you about that graffiti (that you are actively applying), it is true you have a right to remain silent and be edgy and totally cool.  You also have a right to not wear deodorant  or a right to shit your pants. This isn't about rights though.  It is true there is no higher power that is going to force you to answer or acknowledge or act like a normal human being.  But we do live in a society where having normal conversations is a normal thing and not participating in a normal conversation is the abnormal thing to do. 

This situation is about what is normal vs. what isn't normal.  Whether asian dude is a victim or not.  Whether this woman is a part of the karen problem or not.

Last post on this topic because I feel I'm spending way too much time on it:

You bring up "normal" and here is roughly the verbal exchange up to the :37 second mark:

"is this your property? hi, I'm asking if this is your property" - lady

"why you asking?" - property owner

"because its private property" - both instigators of the situation

"so are you defacing private property or is this your building?" - husband/male instigator (assuming)

"you're free to express your opinions, but not on people's property" - " "

"ok" - property owner (says it a few times in the next seconds as the instigators keep talking)

"so, we're just saying...absolutely you're signs and everything, and thats good.  "this, this is not the way to do it...its private property"

"but if I did live here and this was my property then this would be absolutely fine? - property owner

"totally" -  male instigator

"and you don't know if I live here or not" - property owner

"we actually do know" - female instigator  

That phrase coupled with that smirk, besides the fact that it is an outright fucking lie, is reason enough for me to know, or reasonably assume, that they just saw a minority man who looked out of place in A neighborhood (because they themselves weren't neighbors) and felt they not only had to say something but lie about it too.  At that point, they don't deserve any fucking answers from me and can kindly fuck off.

Edited by CowboyFred
  • Like 4

I don’t want to, but I partially agree with GW. The dude could have easily said he owns the place and said hi. He wanted the situation to escalate. The lady was overbearing too though. 

GW is nuts about the “already recording” part though. Takes 1.2 seconds to start recording and everybody carries cell phones. Not sure why GW even cares about that point. 

15 minutes ago, CowboyFred said:

Last post on this topic because I feel I'm spending way too much time on it:

You bring up "normal" and here is the verbal exchange up to the :37 second mark:

"is this your property? hi, I'm asking if this is your property" - lady

"why you asking?" - property owner

"because its private property" - both instigators of the situation

"so are you defacing private property or is this your building?" - husband/male instigator (assuming)

"you're free to express your opinions, but not on people's property" - " "

"ok" - property owner (says it a few times in the next seconds as the instigators keep talking)

"so, we're just saying...absolutely you're signs and everything, and thats good.  "this, this is not the way to do it...its private property"

"but if I did live here and this was property then this would be absolutely fine? - property owner

"totally" -  male instigator

"and you don't know if I live here or not" - property owner

"we actually do know" - female instigator  

That phrase coupled with that smirk, besides the fact that it is an outright fucking lie, is reason enough for me to know, or reasonably assume, that they just saw a minority man who looked out of place in A neighborhood (because they themselves weren't neighbors) and felt they not only had to say something but lie about it too.  At that point, they don't deserve any fucking answers from me and can kindly fuck off.

Lying isn’t appropriate nor normal. Sure. But that happened after Asian dude’s escalation and edgy cool guy stance, not before. Woman was also cringey by being overly nice. Sure. Are you under the impression I am defending all of her actions? She deserves some heat but not near the level she is currently getting on Twitter, 4chan, reddit where the redpill incels have swarmed.  Asian dude also deserves heat and isn’t a victim.

Edited by GW Hayduke
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

Lying isn’t appropriate nor normal. Sure. But that happened after Asian dude’s escalation and edgy cool guy stance, not before. Woman was also cringey by being overly nice. Sure. Are you under the impression I am defending all of her actions? She deserves some heat but not near the level she is currently getting on Twitter, 4chan, reddit where the redpill incels have swarmed.  

This is where I don't agree with you.  He literally asked "but if its my property then it is fine" and then asked "but you don't know if I live here or not" to which they say "we know you don't live there".  How is that escalating?  I guess we'll just have to disagree on that point.  I just hope you're not an LEO if that is "escalating" to you (couldn't resist sorry)

As to your second point: that is just the times we are living in.  don't start no shit, won't be no shit.

25 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

Philipinos aren't from mexico.  Some argue they are pacific islander's but most accept they are Asian

also this post was fucking weird.  Mexico, my family is from Mexico.

7 minutes ago, Irieguy said:

I don’t want to, but I partially agree with GW. The dude could have easily said he owns the place and said hi. He wanted the situation to escalate. The lady was overbearing too though. 

GW is nuts about the “already recording” part though. Takes 1.2 seconds to start recording and everybody carries cell phones. Not sure why GW even cares about that point. 

My point with the phone is simply to point out that Asian dude was being abnormal and it was part of the escalation

3 minutes ago, CowboyFred said:

This is where I don't agree with you.  He literally asked "but if its my property then it is fine" and then asked "but you don't know if I live here or not" to which they say "we know you don't live there".  How is that escalating?  I guess we'll just have to disagree on that point.  I just hope you're not an LEO if that is "escalating" to you (couldn't resist sorry)

The point is that her lie didn't cause Asian dude to start filming, or refuse to answer basic questions, or start the escalation, or keep him from saying “hi. This is my place. Yeah. Cool neighborhhod. This is just chalk. Have a good day.”

8 minutes ago, CowboyFred said:
35 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

also this post was fucking weird.  Mexico, my family is from Mexico.

Asian dude identifies as philipino. I thought u were suggesting he was Mexican. 

2 hours ago, GW Hayduke said:

We aren’t talking about the bbq in a park. This is about the graffiti situation

Way to miss the point.  HE DOES NOT OWE HER OR YOU AN EXPLANATION.  I believe a poet once sang: 

Now tell me who's your housekeeper and what you keep in your house?
What about diamonds and gold, is that what you keep in your mouth?
What in the world is in that CASE, what you got in that CASE?
-Get up out my face, you couldn't relate,
-Wait to take place at a similar pace

-Get out my business, my business
-Stay the fuck up out my business, ah

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nivek said:

Way to miss the point.  HE DOES NOT OWE HER OR YOU AN EXPLANATION.  I believe a poet once sang: 

Now tell me who's your housekeeper and what you keep in your house?
What about diamonds and gold, is that what you keep in your mouth?
What in the world is in that CASE, what you got in that CASE?
-Get up out my face, you couldn't relate,
-Wait to take place at a similar pace

-Get out my business, my business
-Stay the fuck up out my business, ah

I understand some folks see him as a righteous edge lord victim taking on the establishment. He acts more like a neighborhood dick that doesn’t deserve victimhood or a redpill following

2 hours ago, CowboyFred said:

This is where I am.  He COULD have said 'I live here'.  But why does he have to after that?

LThe woman seen in the video, later identified as Lisa Alexander, apologized in a statement Sunday, saying in part, "The last 48 hours has taught me that my actions were those of someone who is not aware of the damage caused by being ignorant and naive to racial inequalities. When I watch the video I am shocked and sad that I behaved the way I did. It was disrespectful to Mr. Juanillo and I am deeply sorry for that."

https://abc7news.com/lisa-alexander-san-francisco-james-juanillo-black-lives-matter/6247494/

1 hour ago, GW Hayduke said:

I understand some folks see him as a righteous edge lord victim taking on the establishment. He acts more like a neighborhood dick that doesn’t deserve victimhood or a redpill following

Not a bad strawman attempt, but not particularly original.   You are either unable to grasp the simple concept or you are purposefully ignoring it.  He could be a pedophile for all I know.  It doesn't change the fact that he was correct, he did not OWE that woman anything and he did not need to justify his action to Lisa.  Lisa is not his boss, mom, God, guardian, or spouse.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Not a bad strawman attempt, but not particularly original.   You are either unable to grasp the simple concept or you are purposefully ignoring it.  He could be a pedophile for all I know.  It doesn't change the fact that he was correct, he did not OWE that woman anything and he did not need to justify his action to Lisa.  Lisa is not his boss, mom, God, guardian, or spouse.  

Fuckin A, you are right!  We don't OWE anybody anything!  This is the USA.  Next time one of my neighbors comes up to me, I'm gonna say, "I'm an edge lord hero! A Sovereign Citizen! I don't owe anyone anything!  Subscribe to Pewdiepie!!" THen I'm gonna shit my pants, just because I fuckin can!!!  I'm gonna record it all and become a redpill hero and some dude in a chat room is gonna cite rap lyrics in my honor.  

This isn't about what is "owed" (even if typed out in all caps) or rights.  This situation is about what is normal vs. what isn't normal.  Whether asian dude is a victim or not.  Whether this woman is a part of the karen problem or not.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Even she realizes she was being the asshole.  

How much money do you have in your wallet?  Where did you get it? How big is your wife's vagina?  I am just pulling a Tahoe and asking questions! Why are you punching me in the face?  

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Nivek said:

How much money do you have in your wallet?  Where did you get it? How big is your wife's vagina?  I am just pulling a Tahoe and asking questions! Why are you punching me in the face?  

Are you under the impression that I think she was perfect? She was cringey with being overly nice - that set off the incels for sure. It was inappropriate and abnormal for her to lie.  There were two flawed individuals in that encounter and the asian dude carries the bulk of that flaw IMO, as I've shared. If the extent of your logic hinges on what you feel he "OWED" her, then there isn't much else to discuss on such a shallow level.  

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

8 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

Are you under the impression that I think she was perfect? She was cringey with being overly nice - that set off the incels for sure. It was inappropriate and abnormal for her to lie.  There were two flawed individuals in that encounter and the asian dude carries the bulk of that flaw IMO, as I've shared. If the extent of your logic hinges on what you feel he "OWED" her, then there isn't much else to discuss on such a shallow level.  

It's weird that you keep bringing up incels. Did he specifically target her with the incel community (assuming there is one, I am vaguely familiar with redpill etc.,but not an expert)? Or did he simply post the encounter? It sounds like you are saying he used incels to amplify his grievances. Is that correct? If so, that's really shitty of him. If, instead, he posted the video but this community then took it to further chase after the woman, that sucks but it's not on him.

1 minute ago, Serak The Preparer said:

It's weird that you keep bringing up incels. Did he specifically target her with the incel community (assuming there is one, I am vaguely familiar with redpill etc.,but not an expert)? Or did he simply post the encounter? It sounds like you are saying he used incels to amplify his grievances. Is that correct? If so, that's really shitty of him. If, instead, he posted the video but this community then took it to further chase after the woman, that sucks but it's not on him.

Reddit and 4chan misoginist groups exploded on her the day it happened and amplified the social media stuff. They weren't the only ones for sure, but a big part of it.  I don't think he's part of those groups, at least as far as I'm aware, but those groups are definitely aligned with him in promoting his victimhood and vilifying the woman.  I'm not saying the incel bullying is totally on the asian guy - except for what I've already expressed with him playing a big part of the altercation (escalating the dialogue, filming, refusing to answer normal questions, being a dick neighbor, posting online and whining about victimhood, etc.).  When you take the step to vilify someone online,  that is the type of shit you direct at that person

37 minutes ago, Nivek said:

alright this legit made me lol

23 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

Reddit and 4chan misoginist groups exploded on her the day it happened and amplified the social media stuff. They weren't the only ones for sure, but a big part of it.  I don't think he's part of those groups, at least as far as I'm aware, but those groups are definitely aligned with him in promoting his victimhood and vilifying the woman.  I'm not saying the incel bullying is totally on the asian guy - except for what I've already expressed with him playing a big part of the altercation (escalating the dialogue, filming, refusing to answer normal questions, being a dick neighbor, posting online and whining about victimhood, etc.).  When you take the step to vilify someone online,  that is the type of shit you direct at that person

I think you have a lot of redundancy there, and not all of it makes sense. I think (in your mind), escalating the dialogue, refusing to answer normal questions, and being a dick neighbor are all the same thing, right? She asked for information from a nominal neighbor, and he didn't provide it.

Keep in mind one thing: he lived there, she didn't. She represented herself as being in the neighborhood and being a neighbor, but she wasn't. If she actually was a neighbor, and therefore if he actually recognized her as such, his reaction may have been completely different. In other words, you can't blame him for  being a dick neighbor to someone who was not actually a neighbor! 

Also, is filming bad behavior? If I am a minority (and to be clear, I am not, I am lily-white) and two older white people come up to me asking questions, am I escalating by filming with my phone? I don't think so, do you think that is inherently bad?

Finally, posting online and whining about victomhood. What in your mind is the appropriate response to strangers coming to me and accusing me of being a vandal? How much whining did he do? Was it a single post to illustrate the level of expectation that white people have for minorities to answer their questions? Did he suggest tracking her down and making her miserable? These last two questions are not rhetorical, as I don't know. If it was a single post, then holy crap I think you are overreacting. If it was multiple posts going on and on (like in this forum) :) then I would lean towards agreeing with you.

• Like 3

On 6/11/2020 at 7:04 PM, Sbbruin said:

Wow.  I would have not expected that to come from Torrance, which is a major Japanese hub in SoCal.  Orange County?  Maybe.  

no shit?  I haven't spent much time in the South Bay in a long time, but 20 years ago, Torrance was really, really white

25 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

Keep in mind one thing: he lived there, she didn't. She represented herself as being in the neighborhood and being a neighbor, but she wasn't. If she actually was a neighbor, and therefore if he actually recognized her as such, his reaction may have been completely different. In other words, you can't blame him for  being a dick neighbor to someone who was not actually a neighbor!

She lived within walking distance. She lives in the neighborhood. You don't know everyone in your neighborhood, nor do I know everyone in mine.

26 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

Also, is filming bad behavior? If I am a minority (and to be clear, I am not, I am lily-white) and two older white people come up to me asking questions, am I escalating by filming with my phone? I don't think so, do you think that is inherently bad?

Filming isn't inherently bad. However, filming at the very start of a conversation with a neighbor combined with not answering questions and then being argumentative (while applying graffiti) contributes to the "bad." At a least it is awkward - at most it is evidence he set the scene up - but definitely a dick-ish thing for neighbors to do. 

32 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

What in your mind is the appropriate response to strangers coming to me and accusing me of being a vandal?

The appropriate normal response would be to let them know you were applying graffiti on property that you owned and that it was just chalk.  Seems rather easy imo. 

1 hour ago, Kermit said:

This is the weirdest hill to die on.

And just goes to show you who still doesn't get how racism works in 2020. 

2 hours ago, Nivek said:

Answer me now and comply or the authorities will be here with haste!

3 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

w6qaumfe_400x400.jpg

tenor.gif

Edited by BigHorn'13
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

She lived within walking distance. She lives in the neighborhood. You don't know everyone in your neighborhood, nor do I know everyone in mine.

Filming isn't inherently bad. However, filming at the very start of a conversation with a neighbor combined with not answering questions and then being argumentative (while applying graffiti) contributes to the "bad." At a least it is awkward - at most it is evidence he set the scene up - but definitely a dick-ish thing for neighbors to do. 

The appropriate normal response would be to let them know you were applying graffiti on property that you owned and that it was just chalk.  Seems rather easy imo. 

I fucking hate racists but if someone approached me on my property and asked me what I was doing, I would tell them it was my property and to fuck off.  I wouldn't say "ok."  That is an absolutely odd response.  I have a sidewalk in front of my house and I also have some bushes near the sidewalk.  Sometimes, I neglect them and they get overgrown and encroach  on the sidewalk. Some of the runners/walkers have expressed disppleasure about this.  I have been outside in my yard and have had people using the sidewalk ask me if I live at the address.  My response is always "yes." Then we discuss the need to trim the bushes.  Only a fucking weirdo would respond to that with "OK."  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GW Hayduke said:

I think we are certainly going to end up agreeing to disagree, but I will simply say that for myself, I am trying really hard lately to not assume that was is a really normal and easy response for me is also a really normal and easy response for others.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

I think we are certainly going to end up agreeing to disagree, but I will simply say that for myself, I am trying really hard lately to not assume that was is a really normal and easy response for me is also a really normal and easy response for others.

It’s possible the guy is hyper sensitive, Aspergers, or other communication type disability. I didn’t think about that. But he seemed well spoken in tv interviews. It’s a good thing nobody beat his ass or anything bad

11 hours ago, GW Hayduke said:

Too bad. The lady learned a possible consequence of her bullshit white privilege behavior. If that scares you or gives you pause, good. Learn from it.

Had she simply assumed he was the homeowner, she could have said, Oh, hey. Cool sign. Do you do that for others or just for yourself? It would have made the conversation go a whole other way. Instead, she chose to be a fucking nosy bitch with a shit attitude. She put her evil spin on it and caused the shit. That is on her.

9 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

He should've just provided proof of citizenship and a reasonable explanation as to why he was parked there like that. /GW Hayduke probably

All public encounters with women aren’t the same. This woman used racial slurs, yelling, was more than rude, and straight assaults they guy. I know it’s easy to be shallow, but feel free to explain their similarities.

9 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Well... in her defense, she was probably just jealous that he had a nicer vehicle than her and what looks to be her cowering, cuck in the drivers seat.

Exactly.  Mrs. "Business Owner"  was pissed a minority was driving a nicer ride than she was.  And, that is the core of Trump's base; underachieving, uneducated, racist white trash that has no one to blame but themselves.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GW Hayduke said:

Her neighbors amplified the stuff on social media too.  None of them thought he was being a dick, they thought she was.  But keep spouting all the cool words you learned on the internet (gaslight, simp, and cuck are still on the board I believe).  

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, DigDug said:

Y’all are still doing this 

Where are your papers?  Why are you posting here?  Is that your computer/poop-pad/phone?  Did you steal it?  I know DigDug and you are no DigDug! Got a pocket full of quarters?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, GW Hayduke said:

Boil it all down and I think you're just trying to say he was the equivalent Asian word for uppity.

Now, post some more Karen vids and get this thread on track.

10 hours ago, GW Hayduke said:

It’s possible the guy is hyper sensitive, Aspergers, or other communication type disability. I didn’t think about that. But he seemed well spoken in tv interviews. It’s a good thing nobody beat his ass or anything bad

wtf? for being at his home?  not arguing anymore we just have different opinions on the internet...weird.

2 things I learned on twitter about this encounter:  asian dude has lived at this home for 18 YEARS!!!! sorry this uppity bitch didn't know him yet.  Also male instigator dude lost his job too...shame.