Karen of the Year

cactusflinthead

2 hours ago, BrickHorn said:

Maybe culturally and economically. But in my experience, St Louisians don’t have an inferiority complex because they don’t recognize their city’s inferiority. If anything, they have a provincial kind of blissful ignorance that causes them to think their city is culturally relevant. Chicagoans scoff at them for it, for sure.

And you don’t know many Cub fans if you think
Cardinal fans are the ones with a massive inferiority complex. Cub fans make Aggies look secure and rational. But that’s what a century plus of rooting for losers does to a fanbase.

As a Cubs fan and a neighbor of Wrigley living on Waveland - Brick is spitting facts about the Cub fan base.

And he is spot on about St. Louis. It used to be a big deal . . . and time left it behind. 

24 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

And he is spot on about St. Louis. It used to be a big deal . . . and time left it behind. 

Exactly. The thing is St Louisians have this adorable misconception that their city isn’t a rotted-out dump. They’re the proverbial frog who was dumped into a pot of warm water and slowly boiled. The city fell from grace relatively gradually, and they didn’t notice. 

The St. Louis zoo is badass, though. 

14 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Why do you rip a branch off to "pick berries"? Why are you even picking berries in a public park? Leave that shit alone.

I hate the new style of Karen video where the filmer actually did something wrong and is also a stupid asshole. Really muddles the fun when I can't just take a side and feel righteously superior to the Karen.

It's just dumbasses seeing who can hurt each other the most.

lol picking berries from a wild bush is "wrong"?  

16 minutes ago, CowboyFred said:

They were in a national park (or a state park or something) and they had cut off a big chunk of the bush instead of just taking berries. National parks are "leave it as you found it" so you really shouldn't be doing that. It's not really a big deal at all and it could have been an opportunity for a teaching moment, but instead the lady lost her mind. I'm not sure she's as much of a Karen as she is mentally ill.

Edited by BradInATX

15 minutes ago, CowboyFred said:

At one point in the video you see the girl holding a football sized chunk of the bush in her hand.  Early in the vid the Karen says something along the lines of "pick all the berries you want, just don't take the bush with you."  Karen went Karen for sure, and BT is wrong implying picking berries in a public park is somehow odd, but it looks like the girls definitely have some share of wrong here too.  

• Like 2

Don't touch shit in national parks.  There are a few exceptions, but just assume when you set foot in any state or national park, leave everything the fuck alone.  Everybody in that video is a shithead.  

Having said that, I think we've got out west for some wild bush back in our youth, amirite?  

16 hours ago, BrickHorn said:

Maybe culturally and economically. But in my experience, St Louisians don’t have an inferiority complex because they don’t recognize their city’s inferiority. If anything, they have a provincial kind of blissful ignorance that causes them to think their city is culturally relevant. Chicagoans scoff at them for it, for sure.

And you don’t know many Cub fans if you think
Cardinal fans are the ones with a massive inferiority complex. Cub fans make Aggies look secure and rational. But that’s what a century plus of rooting for losers does to a fanbase.

Chicago Pizza >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> STL pizza

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TXSG8R said:

At one point in the video you see the girl holding a football sized chunk of the bush in her hand.  Early in the vid the Karen says something along the lines of "pick all the berries you want, just don't take the bush with you."  Karen went Karen for sure, and BT is wrong implying picking berries in a public park is somehow odd, but it looks like the girls definitely have some share of wrong here too.  

1 hour ago, BradInATX said:

They were in a national park (or a state park or something) and they had cut off a big chunk of the bush instead of just taking berries. National parks are "leave it as you found it" so you really shouldn't be doing that. It's not really a big deal at all and it could have been an opportunity for a teaching moment, but instead the lady lost her mind. I'm not sure she's as much of a Karen as she is mentally ill.

yea hadn't seen the complete video because it was pretty annoying after the first few seconds (aren't they all?).  Agreed on the bush thing but only picking berries meh... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

It is illegal to collect plants, mushrooms, berries, animals, animal parts (including antlers), fossils, driftwood, rocks, signs, or any other historic or natural object. If you believe you have found something significant, leave the item in place and report your finding to the nearest Parks Canada office. Please leave these natural items for others to enjoy.

https://www.pc.gc.ca/en/voyage-travel/regles-rules

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CowboyFred said:

If you're in a nature preservation area, yes. Don't touch things.

I know people feel entitled to whatever they want whenever they want, but don't touch things in a nature preserve.

• Like 1

don't care what bt said he went back on ignore.

20 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

It is illegal to collect plants, mushrooms, berries, animals, animal parts (including antlers), fossils, driftwood, rocks, signs, or any other historic or natural object. If you believe you have found something significant, leave the item in place and report your finding to the nearest Parks Canada office. Please leave these natural items for others to enjoy.

https://www.pc.gc.ca/en/voyage-travel/regles-rules

damn didn't even realize this happened in Canada either 

3 hours ago, workswithseed said:

Weird how the publisher seems to have beef with SMU. Like SMU knew that this could have happened.

How may hookers did Ken & Karen allegedly bury in their back yard after a dinner party with Craig James?

Five, the answer is 5.

Edited by TexasEd
CJK5H
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

How may hookers did Ken & Karen allegedly bury in their back yard after a dinner party with Craig James?

Five, the answer is 5.

wrong err GIF

They have four buried in their back yard.  Craig James took his favorite murdered hooker home and mounted her on the wall of his bedroom.  Allegedly.

• Like 1

What’s up with nurses lately showing their asses?

(Not saying all nurses are like this but nurses seem over represented in these incidents.)

Shot

08351a4b86a52862367f10dffc44a735.jpg

Chaser

1bcabbbadad411faa132d892bf11ec19.jpg

I mean......”thinking about becoming racist”, “the blacks have overstepped”, “time to bring [back] the KKK”??

23 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

(Not saying all nurses are like this but nurses seem over represented in these incidents.)

Shot

Chaser

I mean......”thinking about becoming racist”, “the blacks have overstepped”, “time to bring [back] the KKK”??

I guess she wasn't that blessed anymore

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Shot

Chaser

Also. "Their boundaries." 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Shot

Chaser

"Never been racist" = Always been racist. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, TornACL said:

The words "I'm not a racist, but", or anything of the like, have never been followed by anything intelligent or constructive. 

Yeah....this.  Seriously, if you ever hear someone say "I'm not racist, but," you need to yell "STOP!  DON'T SAY ANYTHING ELSE!"  Because otherwise....you 'bout to lose your job.

• Like 2