Karen of the Year

cactusflinthead

A strange and consistent aspect of these white racists is there seeming certainty that they're just saying what everyone else is thinking. Conservatives have been that way for decades. They've heard Reagan and Rush. That's all they need; they've made up their minds because they've seen the truth.

It's always the right winger who makes a loud political statement at a gathering with such extreme, unjustified confidence. They're so sure. The woman and other Tennessee yokels at the barricade clearly have the same confidence. 

I mentioned in one of these threads that I had watched the James Baldwin William Buckley debate at Cambridge from 1965. Baldwin, first time I'd heard him, was brilliant and so illuminating about the place of the black person. Buckley spoke of how the American Dream was the way forward for blacks and the way would be paved by the basice decency of the American people.

I see a rabble, a mob of hateful people devoid of decency. Decency is silly to these people who have been brainwashed with anger and fear. Add confidence in their righteousness to all of that, and you've got a dangerous simmering stew of malice.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

as soon as he said : 'I feel threatened', I knew he was carrying 

And that's the quandary...if you end up in a physical altercation with a guy like this, when do you stop? Do you have to beat him unconscious? Because if you stop when you think he's had enough, you're probably getting shot the second you let up.  

30 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

A strange and consistent aspect of these white racists is there seeming certainty that they're just saying what everyone else is thinking. Conservatives have been that way for decades. They've heard Reagan and Rush. That's all they need; they've made up their minds because they've seen the truth.

It's always the right winger who makes a loud political statement at a gathering with such extreme, unjustified confidence. They're so sure. The woman and other Tennessee yokels at the barricade clearly have the same confidence. 

I mentioned in one of these threads that I had watched the James Baldwin William Buckley debate at Cambridge from 1965. Baldwin, first time I'd heard him, was brilliant and so illuminating about the place of the black person. Buckley spoke of how the American Dream was the way forward for blacks and the way would be paved by the basice decency of the American people.

I see a rabble, a mob of hateful people devoid of decency. Decency is silly to these people who have been brainwashed with anger and fear. Add confidence in their righteousness to all of that, and you've got a dangerous simmering stew of malice.

Or inserts politics into non-political topics. I'm in a bunch of FB groups on stuff like fly fishing, mountain biking, BBQ, etc. Without fail, it's some MAGAot that posts completely off topic political shit in those groups. I report them to the admins every time. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

See if you're not in the cabal you're the enemy, and everything you say is taken in the worst way possible, disputed, misquoted, generally they act just like much of the media does today,  they can't abide dissension from THEIR world view.  

he said, without a hint of irony

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

EXHIBIT A^^^^^^^

accusation, confession, yada yada

ffs i was accused of thinking that the government generates wealth for telling a bunch of you idiots that discussion of the governor's reopening policy is, in fact, a political discussion.  discussing in bad faith isn't limited to the left.

Edited by elfenix

26 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Or inserts politics into non-political topics. I'm in a bunch of FB groups on stuff like fly fishing, mountain biking, BBQ, etc. Without fail, it's some MAGAot that posts completely off topic political shit in those groups. I report them to the admins every time. 

I forget which saint here runs Traces of Texas (the best god damned thing on Facebook by a mile) but he said the same thing. Without fail shit is derailed by MAGA over anything they can get their hands on.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I forget which saint here runs Traces of Texas (the best god damned thing on Facebook by a mile) but he said the same thing. Without fail shit is derailed by MAGA over anything they can get their hands on.

Hornius Emeritus I believe.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

• Human beings act in a great variety of irrational ways, but all of them seem to be capable, if given a fair chance, of making a reasonable choice in the light of available evidence. Democratic institutions can be made to work only if all concerned do their best to impart knowledge and to encourage rationality. But today, in the world's most powerful democracy, the politicians and the propagandists prefer to make nonsense of democratic procedures by appealing almost exclusively to the ignorance and irrationality of the electors.  Aldous Huxley

3 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:
   On 7/6/2020 at 11:26 AM,  Onboard 2.0 said: 

I've seen some first rate, unhinged, assholes, and some genuine protestors who didn't act like dumb asses.

4 hours ago,  Brisketexan said: 

Well, I’m not the one who characterized an entire movement with a dismissive hand wave....so...

See if you're not in the cabal you're the enemy, and everything you say is taken in the worst way possible, disputed, misquoted, generally they act just like much of the media does today,  they can't abide dissension from THEIR world view.  

Nope.

There are some who are not in the "cabal" that are able to discuss rationally and present arguments with facts that do just fine in here. But your post above is an emotional reaction to being brushed off for making an emotional, exaggerated post.

There are countless examples of Hugo, one of the left-most liberals on this board, posting things that are not based in fact or reality (like the post you got called out for), and him catching a bunch of heat back. Yeah, conservative posts are going to get a bunch of pushback on here, moreso than liberal posts. This board does lean liberal, because this board leans intelligent. But some of the most heated arguments have been between the people you think are the "cabal". IE b_t vs. the shitlibs, etc. You getting laughed at and made fun of is not a partisan thing, it's a "post stupid shit win stupid prizes" thing.

If you want to be taken seriously, try to post like a serious person.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

And that's the quandary...if you end up in a physical altercation with a guy like this, when do you stop? Do you have to beat him unconscious? Because if you stop when you think he's had enough, you're probably getting shot the second you let up.  

shoot him before he shoots you

21 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Nope.

There are some who are not in the "cabal" that are able to discuss rationally and present arguments with facts that do just fine in here. But your post above is an emotional reaction to being brushed off for making an emotional, exaggerated post.

There are countless examples of Hugo, one of the left-most liberals on this board, posting things that are not based in fact or reality (like the post you got called out for), and him catching a bunch of heat back. Yeah, conservative posts are going to get a bunch of pushback on here, moreso than liberal posts. This board does lean liberal, because this board leans intelligent. But some of the most heated arguments have been between the people you think are the "cabal". IE b_t vs. the shitlibs, etc. You getting laughed at and made fun of is not a partisan thing, it's a "post stupid shit win stupid prizes" thing.

If you want to be taken seriously, try to post like a serious person.

The board leans liberal now. Twas not always so. Like the rest of the country Trump has been divisive. People all over CR that are ex-Republicans. Their movement left or if not a move left a desire to punish the Republican party is new. When I stopped lurking and said a few syllables CR was much more a place to find conservative voices. Or whatever term you want to use. Liberals in here were pushing back, but it was certainly not biased in their favor. At TOS they were well insulated from attack. Here, if they go full idoit they can be damaged. Rocko and Swam didn't last a long. Tahoe got runned off the last drive by BS post he left. 

Things are not like they used to be. 

• Like 4

The board leans liberal now. Twas not always so. Like the rest of the country Trump has been divisive. People all over CR that are ex-Republicans. Their movement left or if not a move left a desire to punish the Republican party is new. When I stopped lurking and said a few syllables CR was much more a place to find conservative voices. Or whatever term you want to use. Liberals in here were pushing back, but it was certainly not biased in their favor. At TOS they were well insulated from attack. Here, if they go full idoit they can be damaged. Rocko and Swam didn't last a long. Tahoe got runned off the last drive by BS post he left. 

Ex-Republicans like me are man (or woman or whatever, as the case may be) enough to admit their mistakes and try to make it up for it. Or at least conscious enough it doesn’t mean what it used to, and now there’s a better way.
  • Like 5

I’ve always felt like there were more Dems on this board for a long time now. Main difference is we didn’t scream every chance like Rocky and Swam. Didn’t create 10 new threads every day cause Obama wore a tan suit. You know, not LIV’s like them.

4 minutes ago, shnsajax said:

I’ve always felt like there were more Dems on this board for a long time now. Main difference is we didn’t scream every chance like Rocky and Swam. Didn’t create 10 new threads every day cause Obama wore a tan suit. You know, not LIV’s like them.

We were here, but exactly what good did it do to jump in yet another Swam thread except for funny memes, lulz, and kicking him in the balls. Escriva was absolutely impervious to being wrong. He has not once in my fuzzy memory ever admitted defeat. There would be interesting threads too, because it's the shag, but so much spam. Click CR. wall of Tahoe, swam, rocko, Parliament, and out. Rinse and repeat. The move shook all of it. All that wonderful rep gone. Now if they started a shitty thread they didn't have so much armor. Hell, even now there are old CR posters that won't come in here. Or won't speak. 

Getting all meta up in here

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

100% I got a time out from Texasbowhunter.com for pointing out that fatties are dangerous and engage in shitty behavior.  They refused to agree that fat people with Type 2 Diabeles are very susceptible to negative outcomes from COVID19.  Those fatties will not acknowledge that claim.

Edited by Cousin Strawberry
dumb

7 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

I've seen some first rate, unhinged, assholes, and some genuine protestors who didn't act like dumb asses.

4 hours ago,  Brisketexan said: 

Well, I’m not the one who characterized an entire movement with a dismissive hand wave....so...

Just tell us the name of the city, Onboard, so that we can check news accounts to see what has actually happened there. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

discussions of this lady always say the generic "job."  I looked into it yesterday and it was some taco bell sort of gig she had.

also, childish gambino really nailed this movement's primary weapon right before this all kicked off.

mbkwO2.gif

You mean she wasn't a top executive in a Fortune 500 company? Consider me shocked. 

12 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

The board leans liberal now. Twas not always so. Like the rest of the country Trump has been divisive. People all over CR that are ex-Republicans. Their movement left or if not a move left a desire to punish the Republican party is new.

52719C0E-693B-4E6F-BAFE-BAF10351AC9D.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Hi, Alanis.   Maybe the cabal doesn't like liars.  Yes, I said I was done with your lying lies, but I lied.  See how easy that is to admit.  It's what people with integrity do.

Edited by Herpa Derpa

Guest Lobo

Yeah, the Trumper crowd jumped the shark in the last couple weeks. I went from a CR shithead to now, when my patriotism is being called into question for asking poignant questions and using facts.  

I was a hardcore anti-Obama poster on TOS who got lots of rep for it, ensconced in deep relationships with influential Republicans from Austin to DC.  I even poked fun at some of you in Trump’s first year for getting so worked up over trivial shit, having faith that he would just be used as a puppet for legitimate policy advancements.  But we are in a much different place now as a nation.  

Many of you like to draw comparisons between the U.S. now and Nazi Germany in the 1930’s.  That’s not accurate.  We are very much more like Hitler’s final days.  What he and his supporters will do in their last acts of desperation in the coming months are much more akin to the Spring of 1945.  Our darkest weeks are yet to come.  

So all of you “fucking CR cabal, America hating pussies”.  Your idol brought us to this.  It was one thing to vote for him, it’s another thing entirely to go down into the bunker with him to die.  

On 7/4/2020 at 1:57 AM, FondrenRoad said:

America is entirely fucked up when it comes to mental health.

The only reason I am awake right now is that I have a neighbor with dementia who has no next of kin.  She has a city social worker already assigned to her and has had multiple supposed court dates that come and pass.  Yet almost every night between 2 and 4 am, she bangs on our door for one reason or another, and she remembers none of it.  In her mind, reasons exist, and I get that, and its sad. Her partner left a year ago to an assisted living facility and is never coming back.  She screams for her in the hallway 10 to 20 times per day.  She thinks she got lost checking the mail.  But the biggest problem is that she refuses all medical attention.  She feels faint because she has dementia and forgets to eat, but in what's left of her mind, that isn't possible.  She truly feels that she can only feel faint because of an outside factor.  So she thinks there is gas.   However, the gas has been completely shut off in her apartment for nearly a year.  

Worse, meals on wheels abandoned her during covid as well.  So we also provide pretty much the entirety of her sustenance.   And we aren't allowed to reinstate meals on wheels because we aren't next of kin.  And nobody can do anything really.  She is going to eventually die alone in her apartment even though she could have had a few good years in a facility or even with a home visit nurse.  My options are to stop feeding her and let her die, or get her arrested after filing nuisance and harassment complaints against her because she bangs our door nightly.  None of these options are good for me, and I live in a city that supposedly gives a shit.

Dude, it took me awhile to catch up in this thread, but what you're doing (unfortunately) isn't something I feel most in your people in your shoes would do.  I think, or at least hope, that I'd do the same thing.  I just want you to know that even though it's hard, and given our current situation, it pretty much ices a shit cake, you're doing the right thing.  I've never met you IRL, but your bar tab is paid next time you're back in Houston.

• Like 1