Karen of the Year

cactusflinthead

4 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Update: ‘Ku Klux Karen’ LMAO

Apparently she also had issues with some gay dude   She didn’t back off too much off those comments because the dude dragged her pretty hard: 

And he called me ‘Ku Klux Karen’ because of my haircut. And he said that I was a member of the KKK. And he repeated this several times. And then when I lashed out at him and called him what I did, which I shouldn’t have said because his sexuality is none of my business. I was just angry and I lashed out,” Holt said.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wjhl.com/news/local/im-a-grown-woman-i-know-better-woman-caught-on-camera-making-racist-remarks-at-black-lives-matter-protest-apologizes/amp/

Edited by ChiTownDoc

40 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Update: ‘Ku Klux Karen’ LMAO

Apparently she also had issues with some gay dude   She didn’t back off too much off those comments because the dude dragged her pretty hard: 

And he called me ‘Ku Klux Karen’ because of my haircut. And he said that I was a member of the KKK. And he repeated this several times. And then when I lashed out at him and called him what I did, which I shouldn’t have said because his sexuality is none of my business. I was just angry and I lashed out,” Holt said.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wjhl.com/news/local/im-a-grown-woman-i-know-better-woman-caught-on-camera-making-racist-remarks-at-black-lives-matter-protest-apologizes/amp/

Damn, that's a good one. Never thought of Ku Klux Karen.

15 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Speaking of lawsuits, can we get a class action suit going against these "athleisure" manufacturers for making yoga pants in xl, xxl, and larger sizes?

Damages would have to be offset by the benefits provided by manufacturing yoga pants in smaller sizes. I think the positives exceed (but perhaps not outweigh) the negatives. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Damages would have to be offset by the benefits provided by manufacturing yoga pants in smaller sizes. I think the positives exceed (but perhaps not outweigh) the negatives. 

They can start a GoFundMe.  Will more than make up for any losses.  
I’m sure one of the billion attorneys on here can defend them pro bono too.  They’ll be rewarded will all the reps AND bestbuy coupons.  

Win/win/win/win/win

Edited by ChiTownDoc

47 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Speaking of lawsuits, can we get a class action suit going against these "athleisure" manufacturers for making yoga pants in xl, xxl, and larger sizes?

These?

4a29a3-20190104-lizzo-juice-2-jpg.jpg

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

Where's Al Bundy when you need him.

Glad I don't have to work with the general public anymore.  If someone threw shoes at me at work, I'm not so sure my response would be just politely recording it.  I guess I'm an old now though and its all about video vindication.

2 hours ago, Pancho said:

Karen-adjacent?

Coincidentally, I took my two young daughters to the dentist yesterday.  As we sat in the waiting room masked up, a lady came in for her appointment with no mask.  

It’s a small area, so she was sitting fairly close.  The three of us stared laser beams through her for about 5 minutes until finally she got up and went back out to her car and put a mask on. Not a word was said.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Glad I don't have to work with the general public anymore.  If someone threw shoes at me at work, I'm not so sure my response would be just politely recording it.  I guess I'm an old now though and its all about video vindication.

I’m not normally a violent person, but some people need to get punched.  Enough is enough with this crazy people getting away with whatever.  If you throw something at me or get up in my face to tell me to go back to my country, yeah you’re going to catch a two piece.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

The real difference between Republicans and Democrats is that Republicans have never worked in restaurants or retail.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

Question for my surly white brethren...what happened to you guys? Yall were so zen-like in the 90s. Did everything just change on 11/4/2008.

tumblr_mzq31iSe4w1rpbrv4o1_500.jpg

the tight fitting clothes we've all been wearing for the last ~12 years have fucked up the bloodflow to our heads. 

• Like 2

On 7/7/2020 at 6:14 PM, bad_teammate said:

I forget which saint here runs Traces of Texas (the best god damned thing on Facebook by a mile) but he said the same thing. Without fail shit is derailed by MAGA over anything they can get their hands on.

I just saw this.  Thank you for the kindly words.  I'm very appreciative.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

They're not attractive and their arguments are predictable. Turned it off 30 seconds in. No way I'm watching all that

It would be a mercy killing to be rid of those 2 idiots.  Not sure what's worse about them, that they have no concept of private property, and the rules they can impose, a social conscience or any ability to rationally think.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BigHorn'13 said:

They're not attractive and their arguments are predictable. Turned it off 30 seconds in. No way I'm watching all that

In old Vegas, they would have been buried in the desert. That was a lot of white woman privilege. Karens. 

• Like 1

On 7/8/2020 at 5:09 PM, Homesickhorn said:

Dude, it took me awhile to catch up in this thread, but what you're doing (unfortunately) isn't something I feel most in your people in your shoes would do.  I think, or at least hope, that I'd do the same thing.  I just want you to know that even though it's hard, and given our current situation, it pretty much ices a shit cake, you're doing the right thing.  I've never met you IRL, but your bar tab is paid next time you're back in Houston.

For real. And it's a good reminder  for me, because I've been sitting here watching these videos and what I'm seeing in quite a few of them (maybe a quarter?) are people having a medium-grade mental health crisis. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

7 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

And it's a good reminder  for me, because I've been sitting here watching these videos and what I'm seeing in quite a few of them (maybe a quarter?) are people having a medium-grade mental health crisis

"Approximately one in every 10 people is walking around without a conscience, or at best, lacks empathy. According to the Diagnostic Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5), the prevalence in the general population for antisocial personality disorder is estimated at 3.3% percent and the prevalence of narcissistic personality disorder is as high as 6% percent. There are approximately 326 million people in the U.S. (The U.S. population has increased) and 6% percent of them have narcissistic personality disorder, which equals 19,560,000 people. If each of those people narcissistically abuse just five people during their lives, that amounts to an additional 97.8 million people."

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/pathological-relationships/201008/60-million-people-in-the-us-negatively-affected-someone-elses

• Like 2

People taking telephone video: tilt the camera up!

Give your subject head space. I spent a few years as a mediocre (at best) TV studio camera operator. I feel like Roger Deakins watching this stuff. It's a video age. Get better at it!

• Like 1