Karen of the Year

cactusflinthead

18 minutes ago, bolverk said:

The content of this thread really depresses me and brings out a lot of other negative emotions. It's the exact opposite of the dog thread.

Yeah, it's a real downer after maybe some initial laughs wear off.  Dumb racist people being dumb racists with some political clout.  And the mentally ill.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yeah, it's a real downer after maybe some initial laughs wear off.  Dumb racist people being dumb racists with some political clout.  And the mentally ill.

Just a few years ago, I held a strong but naive belief that 95 percent of people had good intentions. That still might be the case, but that position is becoming increasingly untenable.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

A lawyer couple is almost always bad news.  A lawyer needs a non-lawyer spouse to balance out all that pathology.

Speaking of pathology, that guy is one sick fuck.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Just a few years ago, I held a strong but naive belief that 95 percent of people had good intentions. That still might be the case, but that position is becoming increasingly untenable.

I've adjusted my number from about 85% down to about 70%.

2 hours ago, HenryJames said:

I got through to the part where he sued his senile old man for defamation and up to that point the story was going exactly as I would expect based on the pictures we’ve seen. I expect there was no change of heart before the end. 

3 hours ago, bolverk said:

I once worked tech support at Dell. Before that job I had the naive but unshakable belief that I was very average in the brains department and that most people were smart. I was severely disabused of the latter very very quickly. 

• Like 4

His offices were/are between Kearney & Grant.  WTF?  How do you work IN Chinatown and then shout at this family like they're the first Asians you've ever seen?  I bet his coworkers haeve epic stories about 3-martini lunches near the office with him. 

He must be somewhat educated given that he's from a nation with good schools, he's at a very expensive restaurant in Carmel, and he was a CEO of a fair-sized shop.  I wonder then why he doesn't know about his own country's Empire building in Asia for centuries.  Not a good look, dude.  I don't think he can blame the alcohol either, judging by the fact that they look like they were just doing wine-by-the-glass.  

I haven't seen anybody tougher on Asia than the British, and I haven't anybody ruder to Asians than this guy.  So, place your bets...now that he's resigned...how many days before Trump appoints him to the Office of the U.S. Trade Representative-Asia Desk?  

Edited by Lobo

On 7/10/2020 at 1:19 PM, washparkhorn said:

"Approximately one in every 10 people is walking around without a conscience, or at best, lacks empathy. According to the Diagnostic Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5), the prevalence in the general population for antisocial personality disorder is estimated at 3.3% percent and the prevalence of narcissistic personality disorder is as high as 6% percent. There are approximately 326 million people in the U.S. (The U.S. population has increased) and 6% percent of them have narcissistic personality disorder, which equals 19,560,000 people. If each of those people narcissistically abuse just five people during their lives, that amounts to an additional 97.8 million people."

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/pathological-relationships/201008/60-million-people-in-the-us-negatively-affected-someone-elses

My dad had Narcissistic Personality Disorder among other problems.  The bruises to his ego were huge when the light of reality exposed his lies. Then the rage would start.  Being a survivor of that is the reason I can't stand our President.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Again, it's not just that we're going full Gestapo, it's that we've enabled an entire class of people who are fucking ECSTATIC that now they get to be DEPUTY GESTAPO!

To the extent you ever wondered how a western country like Germany descended into "ihre papiere bitte!" fascism, stop wondering.  It's super fucking easy.  It happens just like this.  

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Again, it's not just that we're going full Gestapo, it's that we've enabled an entire class of people who are fucking ECSTATIC that now they get to be DEPUTY GESTAPO!

To the extent you ever wondered how a western country like Germany descended into "ihre papiere bitte!" fascism, stop wondering.  It's super fucking easy.  It happens just like this.  

Before I judge her I would need to know whether or not that gardener was using a leaf blower at the time. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

It's the glee I find perplexing. It's like sitting down and watching Schindler's List and upon leaving the theater having your fellow movie goer compliment Ralph Fiennes' Amon Goth on his shooting finesse. Ummm, hello? People? Humanity?

1 minute ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

It's the glee I find perplexing. It's like sitting down and watching Schindler's List and upon leaving the theater having your fellow movie goer compliment Ralph Fiennes' Amon Goth on his shooting finesse. Ummm, hello? People? Humanity?

it's not just the glee, it's the absolute certainty that what they are doing is right and just.

• Hook 'Em 1

51 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Before I judge her I would need to know whether or not that gardener was using a leaf blower at the time. 

Jordan Peele Thank You GIF

People who use leaf blowers instead of brooms should all be sent to another country.

On 7/11/2020 at 9:42 AM, TwiceHorn said:

A lawyer couple is almost always bad news.  A lawyer needs a non-lawyer spouse to balance out all that pathology.

I'm a milk-toasty in-house employment lawyer ("It's kinda risky, but, well, sure, you can fire him and let's see what happens...") and my wife is a an off and on real estate lawyer.

We're pretty harmless.

33 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

People who use leaf blowers instead of brooms should all be sent to another country.

Says a guy who has clearly never used a leaf blower like a jet engine to ride a skateboard down the street to drink beer with his buddies. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I don't want to be a dick or nothing, but I have two 80 foot oak trees in my back yard and raking that shit is a beating.