Karen of the Year

cactusflinthead

19 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Says a guy who has clearly never used a leaf blower like a jet engine to ride a skateboard down the street to drink beer with his buddies. 

i never understood leaf blowers. most of the time they are just blowing leaves into the street, it seems. what's the big plan then? the leaves blow away? i don't get it. i always rake and bag.

• Like 1

Just now, hayden_horn said:

i never understood leaf blowers. most of the time they are just blowing leaves into the street, it seems. what's the big plan then? the leaves blow away? i don't get it. i always rake and bag.

If you know what you are doing you can blow them into a pile and then bag them.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, hayden_horn said:

Meh, I just mow over the fucking things.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 5

On 7/17/2020 at 9:42 PM, cactusflinthead said:

Quarter mile of push broom 

Have at it 

Works for me.

We sweep and rake and I turn it into a workout. Same with mowing and other outside chores. Took down a small tree and a crepe myrtle with a hand pruning saw that way. Rotate between arms, etc. Cheaper than the gym and takes a little more time, but I'm outside enjoying being alive.

On 7/17/2020 at 1:16 PM, Brisketexan said:

Again, it's not just that we're going full Gestapo, it's that we've enabled an entire class of people who are fucking ECSTATIC that now they get to be DEPUTY GESTAPO!

To the extent you ever wondered how a western country like Germany descended into "ihre papiere bitte!" fascism, stop wondering.  It's super fucking easy.  It happens just like this.  

I mentioned on another thread that I reread 1984 in 1984 when Reagan was president. I'd always thought the book was so farfetched. How could you possibly impose such a system on a huge population in a free country?

With Reagan, it very chillingly hit me; The people will cry out for it. Get tough on everything. Zero tolerance. That's how your brand ends up being cruelty; you're proud of it!

How dare this woman approach a working person in such a way? How many Americans cheer her? She probably loses a few points for not wielding an AR and draping herself in cosplay BDUs.

8 hours ago, Nivek said:

They still make necco wafers?

They stopped making them for a while and then fairly recently started making them again. I want to say I was told this by a late night comedian who made a joke about them still tasting like chalk. Might have been Colbert. 

• Like 1

On 7/21/2020 at 7:57 PM, Pancho said:

.89 cents on that Dial body wash is a great deal. Would have snagged 2 of the Coconut Water and 1 of the Mountain Fresh and circled back for the Neccos after the shit show was over.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

I think maybe this could be a big part of why all these Karens as cranky as hell.

Wow. I can’t figure out if that’s real and yet another weird James Dobson Focus on the Family detour into sexual politics or if it’s a parody and they tagged Dobson as a goof. Devil’s doorbell, oh my. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

Seeing a lot of tweets about Emmett Till today, let us also remember the Queen of all Karens is still living comfortably somewhere in the South till this day.

She could use a good de-lifing....  One of the worst racist incidents I've ever read about.

12 hours ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Wow. I can’t figure out if that’s real and yet another weird James Dobson Focus on the Family detour into sexual politics or if it’s a parody and they tagged Dobson as a goof. Devil’s doorbell, oh my. 

12 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

I have to say, it rolls off the tongue a little silkier than "little man in the boat." 

Dodson got game. 

Y'all just gonna let "sin cave" lie there?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1