Karen of the Year

cactusflinthead

Ken/Richard/Terry of the Year nominee, Deputy Sheriff Alan Strickland:

image.png.6a4e273411d139d50b87877697041194.png

This piece of shit filed a lawsuit claiming Raptors Team President Masai Ujiri had a “violent predisposition” and acted with an “evil motive amounting to malice.”

Ujiri is now counter suing his racist ass.

• Hook 'Em 1

based on his "slingblade resting face", I'm sure the lawsuit proceeds will mainly bankroll a new ATV and plenty of french fried 'taters.  

3 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

What a fucking cunt.

So wait. A black woman approaches her, she fucking goes apeshit. But a fat white dude asks for her scissors and she just says "OK" and leaves the park? Jesus. Also, who's the sheep? Maybe we can get a white person to ask her to step into traffic. 

9 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

So wait. A black woman approaches her, she fucking goes apeshit. But a fat white dude asks for her scissors and she just says "OK" and leaves the park? Jesus. Also, who's the sheep? Maybe we can get a white person to ask her to step into traffic. 

Twitter called her Karen Scissorhands and...well, that is just about as perfect an intersection of topical, meme humor and a headline for this situation as there can be.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, washparkhorn said:

Sociopath. Delusional. Mentally incompetent. 

Yep - a karen. 

No, she's not.  She's a lot closer to our baseline American personality than you want to acknowledge.  She isn't saying anything that wouldn't make her a featured speaker at the GOP convention.  Including the racism.  Including the "go back where you came from."  All of it.  

SHE IS THE MAINSTREAM, at least the mainstream that is currently running this country.  Stop saying these people are crazy (okay, I mean, some of the examples we have seen are clearly having a psychotic break).  Just because they are doing something that pegs a 10 on the asshole-meter doesn't mean they're crazy.  She's just an asshole.  There are millions upon millions just like her.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

No, she's not.  She's a lot closer to our baseline American personality than you want to acknowledge.  She isn't saying anything that wouldn't make her a featured speaker at the GOP convention.  Including the racism.  Including the "go back where you came from."  All of it.  

SHE IS THE MAINSTREAM, at least the mainstream that is currently running this country.  Stop saying these people are crazy (okay, I mean, some of the examples we have seen are clearly having a psychotic break).  Just because they are doing something that pegs a 10 on the asshole-meter doesn't mean they're crazy.  She's just an asshole.  There are millions upon millions just like her.

And they are all fucking crazy.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, 406W30th said:

Ken/Richard/Terry of the Year nominee, Deputy Sheriff Alan Strickland:

image.png.6a4e273411d139d50b87877697041194.png

This piece of shit filed a lawsuit claiming Raptors Team President Masai Ujiri had a “violent predisposition” and acted with an “evil motive amounting to malice.”

Ujiri is now counter suing his racist ass.

this guy is getting added to the RNC speaking list

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, elfenix said:

this guy is getting added to the RNC speaking list

he's Undersecretary of Commerce in 2021 if Trump is re-elected.  Probably gets a fucking middle school named after him either way.  

They are crazy. They are not the norm. I know I won’t convince you.

How many Karen videos have there been? 20? 100? In a country of 330M and everyone has a HD Internet camera in their pocket and social media clout to harvest.

Do you run into Karens every day? Any day?
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

How many Karen videos have there been? 20? 100? In a country of 330M and everyone has a HD Internet camera in their pocket and social media clout to harvest.

If you aren't on the platform, good for you -- it's a shithole -- but if you are, get on FB.  I have a large "friend network" that includes multiple networks, from the basic group of high school and college friends, to professional colleagues, neighborhood and local church friends, larger church and religious groups, outdoors groups, etc.

The number of people (and their friends in comments) spouting this sort of insanity isn't just one or two.  It's hundreds.  And that's just in my little FB world (which also has a shitload of sane and decent people who ask "WTF is wrong with these nutbars?")  Yes, this Karen and those like her are fucking EVERYWHERE.  Extrapolating from my tiny sample size....there have to be millions of them.  Tens of millions, actually.  Do all of them go to the extreme of actually yelling at someone in the park?  No, not all of them.  But most all of them would watch that video and SUPPORT her.

The one idiotically consistent thing we've done as a society for the past 10+ years is to WILDLY underestimate how many truly awful, shitty, POS people are out there, and who are happy to exercise their shittiness.  We understimated it, and it got Trump nominated.   We underestimated it, and it got Trump elected.  Stop.  Just stop.  Denial of this problem has consistently made the problem worse, beyond what we even could have imagined.

There are tens of millions of people like this.  You know many of them.  And they are emboldened, and are absolutely shredding the fabric of a decent society.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Agree to disagree. Social media is not reality. Also fuck Facebook.

Definitely agree on "fuck Facebook."  If it wasn't for old relatives keeping up with the family.....

But social media is absolutely a reflection of who we are.  Real people are on there, saying what they really think.  Trust me, MILLIONS of people think that COVID is a democrat hoax, and it will go away the day after the election....because they fucking say exactly that.

10 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Definitely agree on "fuck Facebook."  If it wasn't for old relatives keeping up with the family.....

But social media is absolutely a reflection of who we are.

Since "people" are the product, social media certainly reflects who we are.

Big Data harvests and profits from our willful blindness. 

Dark Mirror (2011) previewed our futures. https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2011/dec/01/charlie-brooker-dark-side-gadget-addiction-black-mirror

Season 1, Episode 3. The Entire History of You

Anyone who's ever nosed through the Facebook profile of a potential lover will feel right at home here.

Today, most of us routinely leave a trail of personal information behind us – from emails to idle thoughts on Facebook, to images of ourselves grinning at parties. Go to a live event and instead of lighters in the air, you'll see the glow of people recording proceedings on their smartphones.

This final episode explores the logical outcome of this, something many might consider a fantasy scenario: what if you had a kind of [recording system] for your head, so you could rewind and replay memories at will? You'd never forget where you left your keys again, for one thing. And it would be great for winning arguments.

But it might not be brilliant news for the health of your relationship. After all, how much do you actually want to know about each other? 

Most will not kill their facebook. Social media has become Soylent Green of the developed world.

Stay frosty; it will not end well. 

As a middle aged white lady let me assure you, Karens are most definitely everywhere and prevalent.

You just don’t happen to be the type of person that they set their sights on.

The “I wanna speak to the manager” meme has been around for years and for good reason.
  • Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

But social media is absolutely a reflection of who we are.  Real people are on there, saying what they really think.  Trust me, MILLIONS of people think that COVID is a democrat hoax, and it will go away the day after the election....because they fucking say exactly that.

No, it's only a reflection of the  ignorant/loudmouth portion of society that needs to speak out. Most/the vast majority of people go about their daily lives, and don't get in other peoples business. That's just a fact.

1 hour ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

No, it's only a reflection of the  ignorant/loudmouth portion of society that needs to speak out. Most/the vast majority of people go about their daily lives, and don't get in other peoples business. That's just a fact.

Look at who is leading our country. An ignorant loudmouth.

Social media is absolutely a reflection of who we are as a society.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

Look at who is leading our country. An ignorant loudmouth.

Social media is absolutely a reflection of who we are as a society.

It's a refection of loudmouths who think their opinion is needed to be heard. The majority of folks go about their day, and don't care what you or I do. 

1 minute ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

And King Karen Dumbass Loudmouth is your hero, Trump.  

Yeah ?  really ?  I didn't know that.  You might wanna get your facts straight before making ignorant, unintelligent posts in the future.  Unless that's your thing... in which case you're doing it very well.

Anyone denying that Social Media isn't an accurate reflection of who we are as people, if not society as a whole, is a goddamn ostrich. We've rehashed some version of this in 5 different thread topics. The "friendly evangelical" that volunteers and supports charity through church but is racist AF and bigoted,to name one. Social Media has for some reason given people the tacit permission to be the worst version of themselves and trumpet it for everyone to see and hear. Or do you think these people are denouncing science because...it's some form of performance art? They're saying All Lives Matter because they're not deeply pissed off about what's happening in regards to race in this country and cancel culture? 

Anyone suggesting that social media doesn't accurately reflect the people posting on it is suggesting 1 of exactly 2 things:

1.) People are putting a lot of time creating and cultivating a persona that doesn't reflect their personal beliefs for some unknown reason
2.) See #1, but they're doing it to troll the world and they're actually sound, reasonable people

Both of those things take a lot of time and discipline, potentially alienates those in their personal spheres, and don't have much upside for mentally sound individuals. I find it unlikely. Occam's Razor suggests these people are simply being themselves in a much more unabashed way that didn't exist 10-20 years ago, because 10-20 years ago there were societal consequences. Now it has all been normalized. 

If someone wants to play an alternate exercise, lets try this one: On the whole, as a country full of individuals, do the people here feel we're better off or worse off than we were 20 years ago as a country? Were we less or more divided as a people? Was there less or more discourse on issues and consensus building? Was there less or more anger and rage in everyone? Did you feel more or less secure and confident about where we were headed as a nation?

Follow up question, now tell me when Facebook opened up from colleges only and became widely adopted by Americans. (it was 2006). When was Twitter founded? (2006).

• Hook 'Em 2

11 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Yeah ?  really ?  I didn't know that.  You might wanna get your facts straight before making ignorant, unintelligent posts in the future.  Unless that's your thing... in which case you're doing it very well.

Like looking in a mirror, innit?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

22% of Americans use Twitter. 10% of those people generate 80% of the Tweets.

It’s not real.

It's some serious fake BS. It should be called twatter, causes it's mostly Twats using it.  If I hear it's gone viral one more time.......

10 hours ago, HenryJames said:

Which one of you is this?

Beginning was awesome.

"Get back on your highway to Hell and get out of a godly man's face!"

"Have a good day."

Only thing that would've made it better is if the response had been, "Bye, Felicia."

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Beginning was awesome.

"Get back on your highway to Hell and get out of a godly man's face!"

"Have a good day."

Only thing that would've made it better is if the response had been, "Bye, Felicia."

I don't think his faith in God is giving him inner peace

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Earl Haffler said:

looks a little like Mack.

What an old bitch--an old man baby.  Whaaaa--I don't want to wear a mask and my rights outweigh yours---whaaaaaaa.  Leave the store if you don't like their policies.  That's how capitalism works, old baby.  

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/21/2020 at 1:12 AM, Bama Chick said:

As a middle aged white lady let me assure you, Karens are most definitely everywhere and prevalent.

You just don’t happen to be the type of person that they set their sights on.

The “I wanna speak to the manager” meme has been around for years and for good reason.

You're a Karen

If I don’t like a business I wouldn’t support it. It’s that easy. Maybe leave a bad review and state your gripe. People can take it or leave it. Sure would be nice if they could behave like adults and quit with the tantrums.

Edited by Mdhorn