Karen of the Year

cactusflinthead

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Chick reminds me of MTG, like a lot.  Really a lot.

They have a whole lot of MTG--lunatics.  She's their leader because she's them.  And they probably hoard guns because their way of life is being attacked with fairness and equality rules and laws.         

Edited by Mdhorn

3 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

When did it turn for you?

Been a lotta meta about DT and CR.

I don't think I would have read this from you in 2010.

Sack and Tahoe were around here a lot more back then. pearland and clearlake too.

I was turning right at Mayhill off 35.

That stupid fucking wall. He said the Atwater quiet part out loud. All the oxygen left the stage. 

And walla here we be.

I turned when right out of college a millionaire I knew asked me why are you republican, you're not rich, you're daddy's not rich.  Name me ten things they do for you?  Cut taxes, small government, the regular bullshit that hasn't happened in my lifetime but gets said anyways. He laughed in my face.  I was so pissed I thought--I'll show him, I'll go read up and bust his balls.  I read up and it turned out I was wrong.  And it's now been time verified.  This was around the time Powell was presenting his case for weapons of mass destruction--another shit show.   Earlier I was too young to understand that Ollie North was lying his ass off and my parents were off their rockers for applauding it. Seems like they've been lying my whole life.   But that blow job and Hillary's emails.  I'd say fuck'em but the joke is that they've been fucking us our whole lives.  

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

On 6/9/2021 at 4:13 PM, Mrs Whiggins said:

Another Karen enters the competition:

It's a little hard to understand what she is saying at the beginning due to her voice being so shrill in its outrage and Karen-ness. It picks up at the end. She is big mad, as the tweeter noticed.

Here is some back story to the video above:

https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/2021/06/york-statue-defaced-months-after-appearing-on-mount-tabor.html

The bust is of a slave member (York) of the Lewis and Clark expedition and was placed there sometime after the previous statue of Harvey Scott (longtime conservative editor of the Oregonian and opponent of women's suffrage) was removed. The article goes into more detail.

Update from the link:

Police identified the vandalism suspect as Jeanette Grode, 43. Officers contacted Grode on Thursday and issued a citation for criminal mischief, abuse of venerated objects, unlawful applying of graffiti and vandalism. Grode was not arrested.

That's some Sherlock Holmes shit there. They must have put their crack team of detectives on the case.

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ken doing his thing. Supposedly one of the workers "stole" something from this dude. Why would he slap the guy after being told he was being filmed? 

https://www.reddit.com/r/byebyejob/comments/oat34r/austin_addison_identified_as_man_who_slapped/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

https://www.fr24news.com/a/2020/08/austin-addison-identified-as-man-who-slapped-burger-king-employee-in-viral-video-charged-and-fired.html

Charged and fired from his job.

25 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Ken doing his thing. Supposedly one of the workers "stole" something from this dude. Why would he slap the guy after being told he was being filmed? 

https://www.reddit.com/r/byebyejob/comments/oat34r/austin_addison_identified_as_man_who_slapped/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

https://www.fr24news.com/a/2020/08/austin-addison-identified-as-man-who-slapped-burger-king-employee-in-viral-video-charged-and-fired.html

Because a cornerstone of "empowered stupidity" is the rock-solid belief that they should face no consequences for their actions, because they get to do whatever they want to do because freedom and eagles and shit.

i think people just double down when being called out. we've seen it over and over that when the cell camera starts filming, people dig deeper into their position. as if admitting being wrong on camera is crazier than taking the bullshit to 11 and getting posterized on the internet?

3 hours ago, crash_davis said:

I burned up an hour reading that subreddit

I like the way the employee (manager?) calmly stands his ground after first contact and doesn't cower after the surprise of the hard slap.

Why wouldn't this be an assault charge? 

Also, only mildly related, if the BK employee had a pistol, would he have been justified in pulling it after first contact and then firing it after the second contact, the hard slap? I'm talking in terms of the law; I'm not of the opinion that shooting someone should be a quick solution to anything.

The charges seem mild. I'll even throw in the race element. What are the charges if the assailant is an equally scary black man? A felony charge is a serious thing, should this action rise to that in any case? Honestly not sure.

On the one hand, it's just a slap. On the other hand, it's an outrageous breech of civilized discourse. Another day in increasingly hostile America, I guess.

The United Karens of America.

12 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Fuck around and find out. The dumb mother dicker worked at Harbor Freigbt bwahahahahaha. It takes a special kind of stupid to get fired from harbor freight 

Not surprising, as it also likely requires a special kind of stupid to get hired at harbor freight.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, crash_davis said:

i think people just double down when being called out. we've seen it over and over that when the cell camera starts filming, people dig deeper into their position. as if admitting being wrong on camera is crazier than taking the bullshit to 11 and getting posterized on the internet?

When you think you're the smartest person around, you think the camera will prove whatever it is you are claiming. Same thing with dumbasses like the woman who went after the bird watcher in NYC and claimed he was threatening her or touching her or whatever it was that he clearly wasn't doing.

That, or they are such rattled snowflakes that they've lost all self control.

I wonder if 'Karening' or "Karenish' or some version of that name will eventually catch on like donnybrook, tomfoolery, ponzi, or some other negative eponym. 

Anyway, if anybody finds out this broad's real name, let us know.  

Abby Helpdick from North Jersey?  

Damn, she's a renter.  That really limits our options.  The property management company isn't gonna give a shit about this unless she's been late on rent.  If she had a mortgage, we could have the bank contact them and say she was attempting to take out a questionable line of credit/lien on her home to cover legal fees.  No sense in contacting the school she works at; the poor skeleton crew during the summer is doing nothing but fielding media inquiries about this bitch, even the custodial staff. 

But I'm sure she'll cook up some fundraiser for her first amendment rights/sudden vertigo affliction and make money off this somehow because 2021 and the other woman is Muslim.  

But she doesn't appear to have kids (didn't realize how young she was from the video), so I say she's fair game to relentlessly fuck with for a few years until she develops an opioid addiction.   

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

Abby Helpdick from North Jersey?  

Damn, she's a renter.  That really limits our options.  The property management company isn't gonna give a shit about this unless she's been late on rent.  If she had a mortgage, we could have the bank contact them and say she was attempting to take out a questionable line of credit/lien on her home to cover legal fees.  No sense in contacting the school she works at; the poor skeleton crew during the summer is doing nothing but fielding media inquiries about this bitch, even the custodial staff. 

But I'm sure she'll cook up some fundraiser for her first amendment rights/sudden vertigo affliction and make money off this somehow because 2021 and the other woman is Muslim.  

But she doesn't appear to have kids (didn't realize how young she was from the video), so I say she's fair game to relentlessly fuck with for a few years until she develops an opioid addiction.   

No self respecting adult woman shops at Victoria's Secret.  Their lingerie is piss poor and doesn't fit well.  Hell, this isn't even a full Victoria's Secret.  It is a fucking outlet.   

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

No self respecting adult woman shops at Victoria's Secret.  Their lingerie is piss poor and doesn't fit well.  Hell, this isn't even a full Victoria's Secret.  It is a fucking outlet.   

Isn't their whole schtick about womens' "outlets" ?

14 hours ago, Lobo said:

I wonder if 'Karening' or "Karenish' or some version of that name will eventually catch on like donnybrook, tomfoolery, ponzi, or some other negative eponym.

It’s being too broadly applied, imo. “Karen” is becoming shorthand for “white lady with mental illness.” But there’s nothing racially or culturally unique about mental illness.

• Hook 'Em 1

Good point.  Karens act 'crazy' but not due to a legitimate mental illness.  The three uniting factors always seem to be they are white, they are assholes, and they have no situational awareness.  I used to think it was an upper-middle-class to rich thing to, but I've seen too many instances of middle class-working class-poor Karens acting out, again mainly from a place of, "My life sucks, who else can I pick on?" Kinda thing.  

Edited by Lobo

12 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

sub out "mental illness" with absurd sense of entitlement" and you're there.

That’s what it was supposed to mean. Too many people misinterpret mental illness for entitlement. Tantrums like the most recent one posted above aren’t limited to entitled white ladies. 

Abigail Elphick, "I walked in for the irregular panties, and they fit me just fine."

America, "Exactly, you irregular cunt!"  

Well, people will be shocked...shocked I tell you to learn who Ms. Elphick voted for in the 2020 Presidential Primary Election.  

3 hours ago, BrickHorn said:

That’s what it was supposed to mean. Too many people misinterpret mental illness for entitlement. Tantrums like the most recent one posted above aren’t limited to entitled white ladies. 

I don't think that was mental illness at all.