Karen of the Year

cactusflinthead

1 hour ago, Herpa Derpa said:

When I heard the “igger”, I assumed she was talking about a BLM flag. Nope, that bitch hates Pooh. Hope she gets a piglet up her roo and a poke in the eeyore. 

I assumed it was some Auburn dipshit complaining about an LSU fan.  #SEC

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Captainant said:

bless her heart

That's the perfect response and, in my opinion, is as far as the homeowner should have gone with it.  I've had old neighbor lady moments like this (not as absurd, but close), and you just verbally pat them on the head and go about your day.  Honestly, as ridiculous as that specific complaint was, I actually appreciate when a neighbor has the balls to knock on a door and express their concerns.  Too many people in my neighborhood just complain to the city- now that's Karen behavior.  This just doesn't seem worthy of putting her on blast I guess.

Edited by TexasHooch
  • Drool 1

9 minutes ago, TexasHooch said:

I actually appreciate when a neighbor has the balls to knock on a door and express their concerns.  

True.

We have intermittent anonymous letter writers in my neighborhood. Few years back, an old man didn't take down a string of Christmas lights fast enough for them. They left him a nice hateful letter, and, in a frenzy of social correction, fired off a few more. (I got one concerning a nopal cactus I had put in a pot, and frankly forgot was even there.)

The Old Guy was pretty shaken up and told his neighbors, who told other neighbors. Within a few days, everybody up and down the surrounding street had rehung their Christmas lights in extra-garish displays as a "fuck you" to the local light police. I made sure our display was as ugly as two mangy possums fucking.

Probably the anonymous letter-writers were among the first to hang up lights again once their piddly harassment became known.

Anyway, because of the letter, I did something about my cactus. I broke off several lobes and started new ones. They have been getting big in pots on the the back deck. Probably time to relocate the new Cactus Forest to the front yard where the letter writers can enjoy it.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

• 5 weeks later...

Let's not celebrate her termination.  Because it would upset some delicate snowflakes on DT threads.  This is obviously a huge infringement of her constitutional rights.  

The Bill of Rights in Amendments 3-10 very clearly lays out that each and every American, no matter their behavior at supermarkets, gets to work for SAP Corp.  

Is the walking toward someone intentionally coughing constitute some kind of assault?

I would probably just keep away from her, but what if she approached me while I'm with people I care about?

What happens if someone shoves her, slaps her, or punches her just to keep her away and out of your space?

Her statements reveal the dullness of mind found in the anti-vaxxers. Any argument supporting your own position is a good argument, and your ability to make any argument proves that you're one smart Karen.

It's the sophistry raining on Idiot World that will get us all in the end.

4 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Is the walking toward someone intentionally coughing constitute some kind of assault?

I would probably just keep away from her, but what if she approached me while I'm with people I care about?

What happens if someone shoves her, slaps her, or punches her just to keep her away and out of your space?

Her statements reveal the dullness of mind found in the anti-vaxxers. Any argument supporting your own position is a good argument, and your ability to make any argument proves that you're one smart Karen.

It's the sophistry raining on Idiot World that will get us all in the end.

Yes I think that's an assault. The interesting question to me is if this happened in Texas if someone could legally shoot and kill her for doing that.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bookman said:

Yes I think that's an assault. The interesting question to me is if this happened in Texas if someone could legally shoot and kill her for doing that.

As long as her 6 week old fetus isn't harmed, you can do pretty much anything you like to her in Texas, I guess.

We live in great days, my friends.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

This pandemic has taught us a lot about our fellow citizens.  Somebody can be educated, well-mannered, successful financially, apolitical, etc.  But behind that delicate outer frame can lay a completely dysfunctional, idiotic asshole.  After 18 months, the surprise factor is finally starting to winnow for me where I'm no longer listening/watching someone go on a crazed tirade in deep shock. 

It's finally settling in as like, "Well, I guess that figures the mother of 3 in that Suburban would shout that the Deep State Jews are keeping us masked so we can't take communion.  Okay, if I could just get by here and get to the roma tomatoes, I'll be on my way while you finish up your sermon.  By the way, we live like three streets over from you...see ya at Halloween!"  

Edited by Lobo

30 minutes ago, Lobo said:

This pandemic has taught us a lot about our fellow citizens.  Somebody can be educated, well-mannered, successful financially, apolitical, etc.  But behind that delicate outer frame can lay a completely dysfunctional, idiotic asshole.  After 18 months, the surprise factor is finally starting to winnow for me where I'm no longer listening/watching someone go on a crazed tirade in deep shock. 

It's finally settling in as like, "Well, I guess that figures the mother of 3 in that Suburban would shout that the Deep State Jews are keeping us masked so we can't take communion.  Okay, if I could just get by here and get to the roma tomatoes, I'll be on my way while you finish up your sermon.  By the way, we live like three streets over from you...see ya at Halloween!"  

It sort of fits in with:

• "He was a quiet guy. He'd say hello, but he mostly kept to himself." Serial killer.
  • "You don't expect this to happen in Small Town, America/a [always] quiet suburb." Family found murdered by a family member. Hate crime. Home barricade standoff. 
  •  "Wow, the guy had a graduate degree from Michigan, was a Boy Scout, and worked for chartable organizations. Who would ever believe he would embezzle/run a Ponzi Scheme/ruthlessly bilk and rob people of all their money?"

What starts here changes the world: Charlie Whitman, Marine, Boy Scout, wife/mother killer, famed Texas Tower sniper. There was a rumor about a tumor, but nope. He was just giving us a leading example of how little we know about people outside of family.

Maybe mass media and social media have given people more confidence that the thoughts they suspected were best kept hidden were mainstream.

In elementary school, a kid told me that a fuck was a female dog. I boldly called someone that while we were in line in the hall. The teacher (Mrs. Bowie?) reacted swifly. She took me aside and asked what I had said and what I thought it meant. I recapitulated my earlier, errant vocabulary lesson.

"That's not what it means. Don't use that word anymore."

Pretty great way for that aging woman to handle it. I obeyed and learned to be less confident in things I heard from fourth graders. They really are pretty worthless as intellectual reference points.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

It sort of fits in with:

• "He was a quiet guy. He'd say hello, but he mostly kept to himself." Serial killer.
  • "You don't expect this to happen in Small Town, America/a [always] quiet suburb." Family found murdered by a family member. Hate crime. Home barricade standoff. 
  •  "Wow, the guy had a graduate degree from Michigan, was a Boy Scout, and worked for chartable organizations. Who would ever believe he would embezzle/run a Ponzi Scheme/ruthlessly bilk and rob people of all their money?"

What starts here changes the world: Charlie Whitman, Marine, Boy Scout, wife/mother killer, famed Texas Tower sniper. There was a rumor about a tumor, but nope. He was just giving us a leading example of how little we know about people outside of family.

Maybe mass media and social media have given people more confidence that the thoughts they suspected were best kept hidden were mainstream.

In elementary school, a kid told me that a fuck was a female dog. I boldly called someone that while we were in line in the hall. The teacher (Mrs. Bowie?) reacted swifly. She took me aside and asked what I had said and what I thought it meant. I recapitulated my earlier, errant vocabulary lesson.

Pretty great way for that aging woman to handle it. I obeyed and learned to be less confident in things I heard from fourth graders. They really are pretty worthless as intellectual reference points.

Are you saying that the rare, unsuspecting case of horror and atrocity is perpetrated by those who would also have been your every day business people losing their freaking minds in the most bizarre public spectacles, brought on by the most minor of offenses? 

I'm sorry, I don't even think I followed you until the whole elementary school story which really took my confusion into a hard turn into the ditch for me. What point are you trying to drive home? Can you dumb it down for a dummy like me?

. I obeyed and learned to be less confident in things I heard from fourth graders. They really are pretty worthless as intellectual reference points.

Counterpoint: that “when you’re sliding into third, and you feel a great big turd” diarrhea song is pretty funny. So, point for fourth graders.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 9/9/2021 at 1:29 PM, RomaVicta said:

It sort of fits in with:

On 9/9/2021 at 2:20 PM, DonkeyCigars said:

Are you saying that the rare, unsuspecting case of horror and atrocity is perpetrated by those who would also have been your every day business people losing their freaking minds in the most bizarre public spectacles, brought on by the most minor of offenses? 

I'm sorry, I don't even think I followed you until the whole elementary school story which really took my confusion into a hard turn into the ditch for me. What point are you trying to drive home? Can you dumb it down for a dummy like me?

I start by addressing the notion I quoted about how you don't expect someone with a good job and who is generallly presentable to behave as the woman does in the video. Thus, the comparisons to phrases we've heard before where the surface description presumably won't fit the associated action.

Then I introduce a new aspect about how people are more confident that their once-hidden malignant or goofy notions don't actually need to be hidden because they've received confirmation on the internet from other loons.

Then I make the distant jump to an example of getting random information from strangers and going public with absolute confidence. I said fuck in fourth grade in the hallway of an elementary school because somebody told me it meant female dog. This lead to my reappraissal at the time, which has been proved over the decades to be sound, that fourth graders are unreliable sources of information.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 9/16/2021 at 3:41 PM, Pancho said:

Right wing thread of violence or Karen thread?

On 9/16/2021 at 4:28 PM, SydneyCarton said:

I think we all know why she went after him...

Geez.  And I thought that the days of bullying people with glasses was from the distant past.

On 9/9/2021 at 6:09 AM, Onboard 2.0 said:

Well.... we gotta be good at something other than racism, and making mayonnaise I guess...

Oh, we're counting the French as white now are we?

On 9/9/2021 at 1:29 PM, RomaVicta said:

It sort of fits in with:

I love those rare exceptions where someone says "yeah i knew the fucker was crazy as a shithouse rat, and it was a just matter of time before i would be seeing him on the teevee.":

• Haha 1