Karen of the Year

cactusflinthead

1 hour ago, Celery Man said:
 He’d get a lot of leniency for the freak out (kid allergy) if he had just managed to not be a racist. And not assault teenagers.
57 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

The "trying to push through the door to get behind the counter" thing was a bit creepy.

If he simply stayed at the hospital/stayed with his kid, went on social media and bitched that his kid had a reaction from a smoothie at such-and-such location and had to be taken to the hospital, he still has his job, isn't arrested, and the smoothie shop/chain/whatever probably reaches out to him, maybe covers the medical bills, maybe fires somebody.

Nope.  He had to lose a cushy job that probably took him years to get, get arrested, and thanks to his unique name, will be pretty much stuck working shit jobs in the future.

And you don't get to claim you're not racist, when in a moment where your emotions are raw, you say something racist.  Most racist people are able to keep their racist shit to themselves until something triggers them and then it bubbles to the surface.  

It's like a cannibal claiming that they aren't a cannibal, and then coming across a body or accidentally hitting somebody and killing them, and then thinking to themselves "man, if nobody does anything, that meat will go to waste, and I should probably do something about that", then getting arrested and being charged with cannibalism.

And he's white, which means there are plenty of "immigrant losers" in his family tree.  For fuck's sake, he's Italian, which, while they get to look down on the Irish, they don't get to look down on many others.

• Hook 'Em 3

I have a niece with a serious allergy to nuts.   Every meal or snack, she knows what she can eat and what she can't.   Going out to dinner with her family results in her having something very simple and basic.   If this guy bought a smoothie and didn't know his kid has nut allergies then he's a shitty parent.   Above and beyond what he showed here.

• Hook 'Em 2

12 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

If he simply stayed at the hospital/stayed with his kid, went on social media and bitched that his kid had a reaction from a smoothie at such-and-such location and had to be taken to the hospital, he still has his job, isn't arrested, and the smoothie shop/chain/whatever probably reaches out to him, maybe covers the medical bills, maybe fires somebody.

Nope.  He had to lose a cushy job that probably took him years to get, get arrested, and thanks to his unique name, will be pretty much stuck working shit jobs in the future.

What actual grownups do when faced with an adverse situation is stop and ask, "What can I do to make things better?"

He did not do that.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Celery Man said:
 He’d get a lot of leniency for the freak out (kid allergy) if he had just managed to not be a racist. And not assault teenagers.

I can understand being upset, but not enraged.  Did he think the minimum wage workers were conspiring to kill his kid or did he think they fucked up the order?  One warrants being enraged while the other does not.  I am not as certain that 'immigrant loser' is a racial slang it seems a bit more of a gray area when compared to other terms and in comparison, throwing the drink (and missing) at the girl, refusing to leave, arguing with seemingly minors, and physically threatening and trying to intimidate them was a much worse.    Though the guy with the Italian last name mocking an immigrant does seem like a joke too stupid for TV.

My kids and my wife have some pretty serious food allergies.  We take a lot of precautions and it annoys people sometimes but this is how it is.  If the kitchen cannot accommodate us we do not have hard feelings.  We just patronize somewhere else.   People jizzing cheese on foods without listing it, or even after we specifically request it not to be included is an annoyance.   For non-standard food allergies it is worse than others.  Especially when places like Wendy's put eggs in unnecessarily in ketchup.  

• Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, Nivek said:

People jizzing cheese on foods without listing it, or even after we specifically request it not to be included is an annoyance. 

You patronize places where you have to request they not jerk off on your food?

• Haha 1

I had a girlfriend who had a serious egg allergy and it was always a couple of times around with the waiter/food service person to make sure we were clearly communicating that this is a severe allergy and not a preference. I don't know the whole backstory but my assumption is dad wasn't doing a proper job at that here, or in the case it is a peanut allergy and this is a smoothie place just... fucking picking somewhere else that doesn't use peanut butter in 90% of the food it makes with the same machines.

If we're getting into semantics about "immigrants are not necessarily of a different race and so while equivalently bad it is not racist" than ok otherwise disagree on "immigrant loser". I feel like it would be... in some ways worse if he was slinging that at someone who was obviously an immigrant, but it's maybe a bigger reflection on what a piece of shit he is that he's shouting it at.... that girl is American AF.

57 minutes ago, Nivek said:

I can understand being upset, but not enraged.  Did he think the minimum wage workers were conspiring to kill his kid or did he think they fucked up the order?  One warrants being enraged while the other does not.  I am not as certain that 'immigrant loser' is a racial slang it seems a bit more of a gray area when compared to other terms and in comparison, throwing the drink (and missing) at the girl, refusing to leave, arguing with seemingly minors, and physically threatening and trying to intimidate them was a much worse.    Though the guy with the Italian last name mocking an immigrant does seem like a joke too stupid for TV.

My kids and my wife have some pretty serious food allergies.  We take a lot of precautions and it annoys people sometimes but this is how it is.  If the kitchen cannot accommodate us we do not have hard feelings.  We just patronize somewhere else.   People jizzing cheese on foods without listing it, or even after we specifically request it not to be included is an annoyance.   For non-standard food allergies it is worse than others.  Especially when places like Wendy's put eggs in unnecessarily in ketchup.  

I'm not convinced the "immigrant loser" comment represents some sort of deep seated racism. It could, but I know that when angry people will often reach for anything they think will hurt the other person. I'm not defending the comment by any means, but given his hospitalized son, I could see that comment coming out as just a way to hurt the person that, in the moment, he felt hurt his child. 

1 minute ago, Dahobbs said:

I'm not convinced the "immigrant loser" comment represents some sort of deep seated racism. It could, but I know that when angry people will often reach for anything they think will hurt the other person. I'm not defending the comment by any means, but given his hospitalized son, I could see that comment coming out as just a way to hurt the person that, in the moment, he felt hurt his child. 

Yeah, I don't know either.  As you note, people lashing out will say the most hurtful thing they can think of, and racist slurs can certainly fit that definition.  Seems a bit different than just casually employing those terms in conversation.

Also, racist slurs seem to be used by youngsters BECAUSE they are so wrong.  And comedians sometimes go for the most wrong thing they can come up with, e.g. "the aristocrats!"  

It would be nice, I guess, if such terms were completely out of bounds for even ragespeak or jokespeak, but I think it's the very out-of-bounds nature of the terms that gets them used.

And, the guy is an asshole, either way.  I'm allergic to a lot of shit, but not anaphylactically, usually and not to nuts or peanuts.  But, if the guy knew, as he apparently did, that peanut butter was used in some of the smoothies, then he should have known that there was a pretty good risk of peanut contamination.  E.g. "this product prepared in a facility that handles peanuts," etc.  And even if he didn't, still an inappropriate reaction in multiple ways.

I took the "Immigrant Loser" to be a sign Iannazzo had sucked up for so long for Connecticut Old Money that he had become the uppity servant who talks down to the lesser help.

Then again, I know a Sicilian guy a couple of blocks from my house, who will go on rants about Mexicans bringing their criminal ways to our country. I need to start selling irony because there is obviously a shortage.

Edited by RDCanecutter
the syntax, she is hard
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Macanudo said:

Eggs in Ketchup?   WTF?

Yes.  Candy corn does as well.   Some candy based on the size (Laffy Taffy -fun size is vegan, but the larger sized version contains eggs) is made with a different formula it seems.  The food allergies of my wife/kids has really taught me to pay attention to the degree of bastardization of our food.  

56 minutes ago, Genco said:

You patronize places where you have to request they not jerk off on your food?

Basically, I wondered if there was some ejaculative-like pleasure derived from adding cheese to items.    Me: checks menu, oh cool, I can order the enchiladas since it doesn't list cheese in the ingredient list on the menu.  Oh fucking hell.  They added cheese why?  I mean, it is not listed, and before you say duh, note the tortilla was listed.   Farting up the bedroom and having runny shit for 2-6 hours and a hangover headache is preferable to an anaphylactic response, but it is not exactly the evening surprise I was hoping for after a date night.    

43 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Farting up the bedroom and having runny shit for 2-6 hours and a hangover headache is preferable to an anaphylactic response, but it is not exactly the evening surprise I was hoping for after a date night.    

Some people pay good money for a night like that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If his kid had a severe allergic reaction, shouldn't he be, I don't know, taking his kid to the ER? If he had an epi pen and it was under control, was their really any need to be screaming and throwing as opposed to asking questions calmly? Also, I've never heard of anyone having an allergic reaction to a soft drink before...or a smoothie. I mean, don't folks who know their severe allergies typically stay on top of what they're ordering in a smoothie?

17 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

And he's white, which means there are plenty of "immigrant losers" in his family tree.  For fuck's sake, he's Italian, which, while they get to look down on the Irish, they don't get to look down on many others.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

This is all over the news out here today.  Dude freaks out on kids because they are wearing masks.

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2022/01/24/man-taunts-middle-schoolers-for-wearing-masks-allegedly-coughs-in-their-faces/

beat his ass or give the kids pepper spray

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 1

I take the opposite stance as you guys. "Immigrant loser" to me is a huge burn and insult. ESPECIALLY if the person is an American, but just ethnically hispanic or cuban or whatever. It's worse than a simple observational racial burn (e.g. white loser, mexican loser, etc.) because it's BOTH that and a political swipe.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

2 hours ago, Nivek said:

Yes.  Candy corn does as well.   Some candy based on the size (Laffy Taffy -fun size is vegan, but the larger sized version contains eggs) is made with a different formula it seems.  The food allergies of my wife/kids has really taught me to pay attention to the degree of bastardization of our food.  

Basically, I wondered if there was some ejaculative-like pleasure derived from adding cheese to items.    Me: checks menu, oh cool, I can order the enchiladas since it doesn't list cheese in the ingredient list on the menu.  Oh fucking hell.  They added cheese why?  I mean, it is not listed, and before you say duh, note the tortilla was listed.   Farting up the bedroom and having runny shit for 2-6 hours and a hangover headache is preferable to an anaphylactic response, but it is not exactly the evening surprise I was hoping for after a date night.    

Damn, I guess I'm allergic to pretty much all greasy food. I thought it was just me getting old.

3 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

I took the "Immigrant Loser" to be a sign Iannazzo had sucked up for so long for Connecticut Old Money that he had become the uppity servant who talks down to the lesser help.

Then again, I know a Sicilian guy a couple of blocks from my house, who will go on rants about Mexicans bringing their criminal ways to our country. I need to start selling irony because there is obviously a shortage.

Yeah, that a dago wop guinea greaseball named Iannazzo picked that particular slur was not lost on me./noracist

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, TurkeyChew said:

I take the opposite stance as you guys. "Immigrant loser" to me is a huge burn and insult. ESPECIALLY if the person is an American, but just ethnically hispanic or cuban or whatever. It's worse than a simple observational racial burn (e.g. white loser, mexican loser, etc.) because it's BOTH that and a political swipe.

Nobody is surprised that you think that was a huge burn and insult rather than the reality that it reflects far more on the person who said it than it does on the person he said it to.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 3

15 minutes ago, TurkeyChew said:

YARN | Sir, in my heart, I know I'm funny. | Good Morning, Vietnam (1987) |  Video gifs by quotes | d24633c0 | 紗

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

Nobody is surprised that you think that was a huge burn and insult rather than the reality that it reflects far more on the person who said it than it does on the person he said it to.

I'm not saying it doesn't reflect more on the person, I'm saying that in response to those who think it's not as "severe" on the racism scale. It's really bad, all around.

Sorry you were confused about my post, hope that clarifies! thx

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

If his kid had a severe allergic reaction, shouldn't he be, I don't know, taking his kid to the ER? If he had an epi pen and it was under control, was their really any need to be screaming and throwing as opposed to asking questions calmly? Also, I've never heard of anyone having an allergic reaction to a soft drink before...or a smoothie. I mean, don't folks who know their severe allergies typically stay on top of what they're ordering in a smoothie?

I know my parents would likely fuck this up.  My mom tries, but she is short attention span and my dad forgets it unless it was on talk radio.  

2 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Hopefully, pops fires a round through his ear hole.  POS knew he was trying to intimidate young girls, even going so far to reach them from behind the counter. 

I don't know if the raging guy was abused as a kid or he switched his meds/roids/whatever.  But I don't think kids with a dead dad, and other kids with a dad in jail is an outcome we should hope for.  

Just now, Underdog said:

Hopefully, pops fires a round through his ear hole.  POS knew he was trying to intimidate young girls, even going so far to reach them from behind the counter. 

This sort of statement might result in your kids not telling you things they should tell you. So, don’t tell anyone you would do it, nor tell them after you do it. Other than that, we’re good.

58 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Nah.  Fuck him.  We may never know the trauma these ladies may end up suffering due to this fuckstick. 

I read that growing up without a father can be seen as a “desirable difficulty.” That is something that forces problem solving skills most folks don’t have to develop. 

As a father, the idea chafed.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Nivek said:

That guy is a product of the 24 hour hate machine being broadcast to his eyes and ears. Unable to form a coherent thought, but can only express coherently that he is mad a someone, anyone.

And the best way to win an argument is to just be louder than the other guy.

• Rage+1 1

44 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Are we just all glossing over the fact that this asshole was a "wealth manager"?  He made money by moving other people's money around.  He contributes less to society than anyone working at that smoothie joint.

How else are the rich supposed to get richer??