Karen of the Year

cactusflinthead

Has this Karen considered that if she leaves her house to go out in public without clothes on she could get fined and potentially harassed?

If she wants to be mask free or clothing free, she is free to do so in the privacy of her own home. But when she lives in a community, then the rest of us don’t particularly wish to be ‘exposed’ to her freedom. 

• Like 1

I don't get why she put up air quotes when she says, "...or the fiction novel '1984'."  Was she trying to put the name of the book in quotes, or was she being facetious that it was actually a work of fiction.  Or more than likely, the third option-she's a stupid person from a stupid place.  

Yeah, I'm chuckling when I read the DT Covid thread where the totally not-political posters are saying the government needs to do more to encourage lower BMIs. I'm sure those same posters were huge fans of Michelle Obama's initiatives and Michael Bloomberg's soda taxes. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Yeah, I'm chuckling when I read the DT Covid thread where the totally not-political posters are saying the government needs to do more to encourage lower BMIs. I'm sure those same posters were huge fans of Michelle Obama's initiatives and Michael Bloomberg's soda taxes. 

It’s almost as if they are all dissembling, hypocritical fuckbutting shit goblins. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Good luck taking muh Big Gulp from muh diabeteus neuropathy tingling fingers. 

Would this be called a reverse Karen? As in the Sanitation Manager would like to speak with Karen? Regardless, what a way to go...

A Hackensack School Board member who made national headlines by opposing a LGBTC curriculum has resigned after an embarrassing incident during a Zoom meeting.

Frances Cogelja didn’t realize she’d left her laptop camera on when she took it with her while going to the bathroom during the public comments section of a board meeting Monday night.

Nearly 150 participants, including students, apparently saw Cogelja relieve herself.

No one immediately said anything when she returned from her trip to the toilet.

A short time later, Vice President Scott James-Vickery reportedly told Cogelja: “You need to go. We’re here trying to get work done while you’re sitting on the toilet.”

BOE Pres Lancelot Powell later said that Cogelja couldn’t be removed because she was an elected official.

“We can’t make her resign,” he reportedly said. “None of us can kick off a board member,” he said.

Early Tuesday afternoon, the board announced that the trustees "have received a letter of resignation from Mrs. Frances Cogelja, effective November 24, 2020."

The remaining trustees must fill the vacancy within 65 days -- or by Jan. 29, 2021 -- under state law. 

Cogelja made headlines -- and drew widespread condemnation -- last year when she called new state laws that require teaching about LGBTQ history “repugnant.”

"I have every right as a parent to not have my child participate in something that I do not think is suitable as part of a public school curriculum," she said at the time. "I believe conversations having to do with sexuality should be had at home between parents and their children."

This prompted several board members and local officials -- among them, Bergen County Executive Jim Tedesco and Bergen County Sheriff Anthony Cureton -- to call for her resignation.

Hundreds of parents turned out for meetings seeking her ouster, and a Change.org petition calling for her to step down gathered more than 1,900 electronic signatures.

The civic group For Hackensack's Future called Cogelja a bigot, posting early Tuesday that she also "has threatened members of the public, who she said she doesn't respect. She abstained on a symbolic vote committing the district to anti-racism. She voted to extend her own term by eight months."

Cogelja couldn't immediately be reached for comment.

• Haha 4

I don’t know the backstory, but I do tend to hold the opinion that some subjects can be taught too young. next door to me is a lesbian couple and they are raising two boys. Our kids all play together and never once has it even come up.

In Florida we had sex-ed in the 5th grade. I also think that was a bit young. I still recall a chunky boy asking if a fat man could make milk. Such questions should have been a litmus test for appropriateness.

2 minutes ago, Nivek said:

I don’t know the backstory, but I do tend to hold the opinion that some subjects can be taught too young. next door to me is a lesbian couple and they are raising two boys. Our kids all play together and never once has it even come up.

In Florida we had sex-ed in the 5th grade. I also think that was a bit young. I still recall a chunky boy asking if a fat man could make milk. Such questions should have been a litmus test for appropriateness.

Could be wrong, but it sounded like she was objecting to curriculum focusing on LGBT history. Not every conversation about those issues involves anatomy lessons or sexual education.

• 1 month later...
On 12/27/2020 at 3:18 PM, cactusflinthead said:

omg RAAAAAAGE...specifically, when she rattles off that the 'total number of deaths in 2019 is the same as 2018, look it up!'...first, she misspoke on the years and i'll give her a pass on that, she meant 2020 numbers are the same as 2019...

but secondly YOU LOOK IT UP BITCH B/C THAT IS A FUCKING LIE. i did research on that topic a couple of weeks ago and posted a PSA about what i found in the COVID CR thread.

what she's quoting is a 100% FABRICATED LIE. i found numerous fact-checks debunking those numbers along with the REAL numbers that show over 356,000 MORE deaths through October than all of 2019. it's a fucking fb meme and it's complete bullshit. 

it pisses me off so much b/c it was so damn easy to find the correct numbers from an official source!!! i (CDC and JAMA) THESE PEOPLE EMBRACE THE LIES.

ahhhh...fuck. it's enraging. i think why this point gets me so much is...these are DEAD PEOPLE. it's something easy and concrete to officially count - there are 350,000 more dead Americans this year. how is that even debatable...

i will never, ever 'get it'.  

• Hook 'Em 2

If Jimmy and John had any shred of decency and honor...they would rename the BLT with Cheese on the board, "The Karen"  
I mean, they've got a "Tom", a "Lulu", a "Pepe", a "Hunter"...they can't call one "the Karen"  
They already kinda consider themselves like the outlier, renegade sandwich shop bad boy that doesn't play by the rules.  Our Guy Fieri to the mainstream's Jared. 
If they were to have a sandwich called "The Karen" in 2020, I'd make it a point to eat there twice a week and bring friends.  

They should name it “The Karen”
- but not tell you what’s on it before you order it...
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 12/28/2020 at 9:55 PM, Cousin Strawberry said:

That dude sucks but he has a solid chin.  He took that tea on the chin plus about three more direct shots and never lost consciousness.

We don't know that--talking shit may also be his default autopilot switch.

Edited by Mdhorn

I understand the online anonymity bad asses but what makes them think they can do this face to face to someone?  Why would they treat others like this?  What's the motivation to go all atomic asshole like this?  Has to be because they think nobody will check them.  Well, he lost that bet in a very public way. Now everybody sees him as a dick and a weeny.  Congrats, or something, your loved ones if they exist should be proud.