Anthony Cook is Apparently Done

longhrnfan

No idea. I pulled her pic from the JUGGS thread and combined it with a pic from the Surly LSU bar party (which was a really fun event). I would do a Google Images search for her but my younger daughter's college friends are over. It wouldn't be a good look.    

Edited by TreatyOak
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, mdmost said:

Maybe this had to do with the Eyes and other racial issues on campus. I say this given Josh Thompson saying he's got this and Josh Thompson tweeting out the changes the athletes want to see on campus. 

My exact thought too. Maybe he pulled the trigger too early and others told him “ hold on man, we are about to release demands”

• Like 1

No idea. I pulled her pic from the JUGGS thread and combined it with a pic from the Surly LSU bar part (which was a really fun event). I would do a Google Images search for her but my younger daughter's college friends are over. It wouldn't be a good look.    

What do they look like?
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Chopper said:

I'm sure there are closer analogies but this one is hitting home at the moment.

Saw a deer nail a truck last week , get knocked on its ass in center lane, scurry like it was dead and just bounce right up and keep trucking. Reminded me a lot of Derp, just wished I had filmed it...Batter up

Edited by Alien Octopus

On 6/11/2020 at 9:11 PM, Blackcat00 said:

He has not transitioned like a high 5 star should. I remember him getting absolutely scorched against Kansas. Still a very vital part of this team. Great kid and had leadership skills. 

Luckily this secondary is deep if they can all stay healthy. 

10 years of this has sucked

On 6/12/2020 at 6:38 AM, Murfdogg21 said:

Sounds like Cook didn’t respect his own decision. 

I think he meant to say “respect my ability to delete a tweet of which your respect was originally requested.”

Edited by stork642

He seems like he's been checked out ever since he was moved to nickleback before Spring.  I thought it would be a better fit for him, but apparently not going to find out.

If he's looking to be a starting cover corner the portal's probably the best option for himself.  Wish him well either way, hoping he stays to play nickle though.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, EZ$ said:

So he basically got beat out by a younger player. He would have still played plenty this year (if we play) just from having to step in when other players are out 2 weeks with the virus. 

Getting beat out by a younger player during a pandemic and no practicing is the 2020 version of Craig getting fired on his day off.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

He seems like he's been checked out ever since he was moved to nickleback before Spring.  I thought it would be a better fit for him, but apparently not going to find out.

If he's looking to be a starting cover corner the portal's probably the best option for himself.  Wish him well either way, hoping he stays to play nickle though.

I usually checkout whenever i hear the band nickleback too. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Welp, is what it is. I won't believe that he got beat out during COVID before the team has actually started practicing and while 13 players are quarantined, considering he started 6 games as a true sophomore. He was a high four-star and IIRC was at one point a 5-star talent and the top in Texas. By the end he was 2nd to Green. He's definitely a guy that should've panned out, but we've had plenty of luck finding high four-star guys that don't over the past decade. We'll keep the play-making guy from Lamar and hope that he continues to be stellar in the defensive backfield. I remember Cook's evaluations being basically that he was the high floor guy, whereas Green and Jamison had higher ceilings and more athleticism. Maybe that was spot on.

If he goes to UH or somewhere closer to home then I'll believe the "personal issues" stuff a lot more. Not that it's really my business.

1 hour ago, BERT said:

And correct me if i'm wrong, but i think that's been our problem the last 10yrs. 

that is one of the problems mixed in with lack of player development, bad coaching, bad systems/schemes, lack of a cohesive system, lack of recruiting to a specific system, laziness and entitlement on the part of the players, laziness and entitlement on the part of the coaches, and general stupidity

it is not like Texas had a bunch of middle 4 star players and they were only getting beat by the top teams in the P5 with a team loaded with high 4 star players and many 5 star players

Texas was losing to shit and often embarrassingly

• Like 1

it would seem to me the way to get "beat out" right now would be showing up to meet your new coaches week in and week out and when ask to go over the playbook the answers to specifics are "uh duh yea and uh well uh" which tells those coaches you are not putting in the book work while other players are

and when the coaches (that are new and know they have a limited time to get things turned around and get a potential head coaching job or a major coordinator position or get fired along with the whole staff) see you are not putting in the book work and someone younger and just as skilled is they get on you....and then you respond by still not studying the playbook and you get demoted 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

well... drama continues,   Chip Brown ( die Chip Die) is saying Cook is officially done, done, for reals this time.   We will see his name in the portal tonight or tomorrow.

If thats the case, I hope you find a place that works for you Anthony

Fuck_Chip_Brown_Skywriting.jpg

• Like 1