Anthony Cook is Apparently Done

longhrnfan

I’ve seen enough from Cook and seen enough from Adimora (no matter how limited) to know that Cook wasn’t going to start. He was already moved to nickel because he wasn’t going to start at CB and the same was going to happen at nickel.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

I'm curious in what way Waco is more "real" than H-Town.

I may be somewhat unique on this board in that I have lived 20 years in both Waco and Houston.  

Waco is surprisingly blue collar but god damn there's places in Houston that are straight scary.  

56 minutes ago, Ravishing Rick said:

I may be somewhat unique on this board in that I have lived 20 years in both Waco and Houston.  

Waco is surprisingly blue collar but god damn there's places in Houston that are straight scary.  

News at 9. Shit hole “city” has less scary parts than one of the largest in the US

8 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

Now that Art Briles left town, I’m pretty sure Waco’s greatest current danger is the crime against humanity that is the proliferation of that fucking ridiculous barn door in every house thanks to those jerks on the HGTV show.

When we gave the wife’s cousins a tour of our Domain hotel suite (booked for our 50th anniversary several years ago), you should’ve heard them all squeal, “Ohhhh, a barn door!!!” JFC ..... it’s a portal in itself.... to hell. And yeah, Mrs. Brat requested I take a picture.

AE92792F-ADD5-47F5-AF9A-12EE3D24E707.jpeg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

I’m pretty sure Odessa and Beaumont are actually statistically the most dangerous places in Texas, but out of the big cities I definitely give Houston the edge on having the most creepy/scary neighborhoods.

Now that Art Briles left town, I’m pretty sure Waco’s greatest current danger is the crime against humanity that is the proliferation of that fucking ridiculous barn door in every house thanks to those jerks on the HGTV show.

My brother got robbed at gunpoint in the 80’s in Beaumont.  Only had $3 on him.  Guy was pissed about it.  Stole my brother’s brand new high-top tennis shoes and then took his keys. 

Didn’t steal his car right then.  Not sure why.  But when I visited him he we pulled the wire off the top of the distributor everywhere we went so if the guy saw the car he wouldn’t be able to steal it

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

16 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

it would seem to me the way to get "beat out" right now would be showing up to meet your new coaches week in and week out and when ask to go over the playbook the answers to specifics are "uh duh yea and uh well uh" which tells those coaches you are not putting in the book work while other players are

and when the coaches (that are new and know they have a limited time to get things turned around and get a potential head coaching job or a major coordinator position or get fired along with the whole staff) see you are not putting in the book work and someone younger and just as skilled is they get on you....and then you respond by still not studying the playbook and you get demoted 

Don’t stop. You’re on a roll. 

2 hours ago, 6th Street said:

Apples to apples, why would anyone choose Baylor over TCU if you wanted to go the private school route? 

2 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Maybe they look forward to raping coeds?

I bet he’s a big Chip and Joanna fan.  

1 hour ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Don’t stop. You’re on a roll. 

You aren't into unsubstantiated hypothetical scenarios explaining away a kids transfer while disparaging his character? 

Wait, why don't we script a "conversation" he had with his coach? Those are always a hit!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, futureman said:

why does it have to be rape?  briles and that culture are gone.  a healthy supply of little baptist whores are still there, though. 

I don't know they alternate between rape, murder, and animal torture. each with a dose of denial or aggy like deflection. I've lost count of which one of the three is up next.

• 1 month later...
Just now, ChemicalHorn said:

Methinks Anthony didn’t get the 5* attention he was expecting and decided being a backup at Texas is better than starting at Memphis.

There will be plenty of P5 schools interested.  He’s not a bad corner.  He can cover forsure.  He’s just not the elite athlete compared to most players that are rated as high as he was in high school.  This may have more to do with the pandemic and logistic of everything.  Plus he’ll need to sit out a year.  Makes sense for him to play another year at Texas and then grad transfer once he has the credits to graduate.  

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Plus he’ll need to sit out a year.  Makes sense for him to play another year at Texas and then grad transfer once he has the credits to graduate.  

Not having to watch from the sidelines as Boyce gives up chunk yardage (AGAIN) makes it a bit more tenable of a situation