Big Brother 22

RexWilson

51 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

there was a certain angle they showed of one of Cody's shots- it was pretty close up and from behind where the putt was taking place. from that angle, i could not understand how anyone in this game could just hit the ball straight out. there was *so* much room for error, even someone who's never played a sport in their life should have been able to keep the ball in play every time. jesus that was an embarrassing display.

and seriously, Kevin is so awful at this game, and he gets way too much airtime. he comes in last place at damn near everything, and usually in embarrassing fashion. he also keeps having these emotional DR sessions where he asks out loud how he's finding himself where he is in the game, and i'm just like...are you fucking kidding me? you seriously don't a)see the super obvious alliance that you're not a part of, b)realize that you don't "talk game" with any of them, and c)recognize that you keep being nominated and surviving because nobody is threatened by you? because you're terrible? 

one of the major downfalls of this game: CBS prioritizes casting stereotypical gay guys and sassy black women over the literally tens of thousands of applicants who can and will actually compete, both athletically and strategically. why cast 16 good players when you could just cast the same cliched stereotypes every season. are there no intelligent and/or athletic gays and black ladies? i'll say it again: this Kassting lady seems like she sucks. 

100% agree. There have been a few reality shows that have dug a little deeper to find quality players from different backgrounds. Big Brother is not one of those however they have always been about getting their token in each category and then filling the rest of the cast with young good looking white people that "America will love to watch all summer"

My first thought was the Amazing Race does a pretty good job with not only getting their "token" groups but that they can actually compete. There have been plenty of qualify minority groups cast including the older gay couple from the first season that finished top 3 I think. Survivor also does a good job of it. Say what you want about Richard Hatch but he was playing chess and everyone else was playing checkers that first season. 

47 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

also, after having watched every single reality show that Davonne has done, it was beyond obvious that the producers were telling her to, for lack of a better term, "black it up" if you will, during her DR sessions. it's no secret that they ask that of the black women they cast, it was just obvious that Davonne was happy to oblige this year, and she definitely got more air time for it. 

100% agree as well. 

The triple elimination should really mix things up. It will finally be time for the 6 to start talking shots at each other (unless Cody tries to backdoor Christmas this week) 

But overall this have been a horrible season. 

16 minutes ago, BNB said:
1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:
also, after having watched every single reality show that Davonne has done, it was beyond obvious that the producers were telling her to, for lack of a better term, "black it up" if you will, during her DR sessions. it's no secret that they ask that of the black women they cast, it was just obvious that Davonne was happy to oblige this year, and she definitely got more air time for it. 

Read more  

That's a new one to me. What is blacking it up?

you know how she always says, "hey julie guuuurrrlllll!" during evictions? well, she pretty much spoke exactly like that for all of her DR's this year, and Davonne doesn't actually talk like that. she also kept using all types of colorful metaphors and idioms and sassy type things that a CBS-watching audience would expect from a sassy black woman. i don't have a problem with Day obliging, it's was just obvious and gratuitous. 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 1

there was a certain angle they showed of one of Cody's shots- it was pretty close up and from behind where the putt was taking place. from that angle, i could not understand how anyone in this game could just hit the ball straight out. there was *so* much room for error, even someone who's never played a sport in their life should have been able to keep the ball in play every time. jesus that was an embarrassing display.
and seriously, Kevin is so awful at this game, and he gets way too much airtime. he comes in last place at damn near everything, and usually in embarrassing fashion. he also keeps having these emotional DR sessions where he asks out loud how he's finding himself where he is in the game, and i'm just like...are you fucking kidding me? you seriously don't a)see the super obvious alliance that you're not a part of, b)realize that you don't "talk game" with any of them, and c)recognize that you keep being nominated and surviving because nobody is threatened by you? because you're terrible? 
one of the major downfalls of this game: CBS prioritizes casting stereotypical gay guys and sassy black women over the literally tens of thousands of applicants who can and will actually compete, both athletically and strategically. why cast 16 good players when you could just cast the same cliched stereotypes every season. are there no intelligent and/or athletic gays and black ladies? i'll say it again: this Kassting lady seems like she sucks. 

You mean instead of taking a nascar style turn around corner 3&4 with rocks and shit in the way...they could take a straight line to any number less than 5?

Don’t count on it. If they tried going straight there’s a 100% chance the ball ends up in the sand trap 2 feet away

29 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

I'm going to admit something that should embarrass me, but doesn't.  I'm enjoying Love Island infinitely more than this piece of shit.  I'm going to step up the pressure on my wife to drop this show from our repertoire permanently.  

Temptation Island is also great. 

the total lack of self awareness by 90% of the houseguests cracks me up every year. one of the latest examples is how incredulous and aghast everyone is that David took the money. You guys have been working against him and his friends and effortlessly picking them off one by one. he sucks at comps, and he has no shot to win the game. he secures himself $10k, and instead of even one of them going, "eh, i get it", they all buy into their own hype get all worked up over it. "i have no respect for him now." lmao, ok Dani. props to David for making the first good decision of his BB career. 

• Like 3

the total lack of self awareness by 90% of the houseguests cracks me up every year. one of the latest examples is how incredulous and aghast everyone is that David took the money. You guys have been working against him and his friends and effortlessly picking them off one by one. he sucks at comps, and he has no shot to win the game. he secures himself $10k, and instead of even one of them going, "eh, i get it", they all buy into their own hype get all worked up over it. "i have no respect for him now." lmao, ok Dani. props to David for making the first good decision of his BB career. 

Same. Best move all year. It’s a triple eviction so 100% he’s gone tomorrow. Kevin was so appalled by it. Love how he thinks he had any chance with zero comp wins and is the ultimate floater. I guess if his strategy would be to be 2Nd place, that beats David’s 10k but odds are both are done tomorrow

I see both sides.  I see the get your money dude, probably gone angle.

But I also see the you weren't the target, this game can change (could be a fight that leads to new alliances formed, may stay around or hit a winning streak) you never know just survive and advance side too.  And they have no clue of the triple eviction.

But yeah he likely did the right thing.  Enzo has a right to be pissed, Christmas has a right to be thankful.

3 hours ago, UTPhil2006 said:

And they have no clue of the triple eviction.

They definitely know about the triple.  Almost everyone has mentioned it by now.  Enzo even said something last Thursday before eviction.  Sucks production can't keep anything a secret. 

2 hours ago, UTPhil2006 said:

Ah that’s lame. 

My understanding is Dr Will spilled the beans saying something like “you people are losers, we need to get rid of a couple of y’all, maybe even three!”, something like that. I’m pretty sure there will at least be part of this episode/eviction that isn’t live. 

After David walks out, Memphis can be overhead saying how he had been working to get David out since Week 2. Congrats it took you half a season to get the worst player out the door. Quite the resume you're building.

Speaking of lack of awareness, I bet Memphis believes that he's at the top of the pyramid but I can't really see anyone voting for him. Maybe if it came down to him vs Nicole. Anyone else? doubtful.

Enzos a bitch. Been one this whole year. He was way cooler 10 years ago with the brigade.

Pretty predictable first two. Double and triple evictions never have fire works. Seeing Kevin, Cody and Tyler get eliminated because say Enzo and David win HOHS would flip this house on its head.

Maybe next year, but doubt it

2 hours ago, davidg said:

Lulz at production showing the triple eviction graphic behind Julie before they actually told the guests.

And it seems like Julie somehow didn't realize it even though at least two of them mentioned it. She seemed somehow shocked that they already knew it was a triple evection when she did the reveal.

Enzos a bitch. Been one this whole year. He was way cooler 10 years ago with the brigade.

Pretty predictable first two. Double and triple evictions never have fire works. Seeing Kevin, Cody and Tyler get eliminated because say Enzo and David win HOHS would flip this house on its head.

Maybe next year, but doubt it
I actually think Enzo is in the great spot to win if he can make it. Sure he has done nothing, but i am not aware of anyone really hating him. Cody is pretty much the only person i think he would lose to by jury vote.

Honestly no one has really done shit. Other than winning comps they aren't making moves. Even getting rid of Janelle wasn't a big move to me. She only had Kaysar so she wasn't going far in the game anyway. Tyler being the person to nom Dani is probably biggest move so far.
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Scraps said:

I actually think Enzo is in the great spot to win if he can make it. Sure he has done nothing, but i am not aware of anyone really hating him. Cody is pretty much the only person i think he would lose to by jury vote.

Honestly no one has really done shit. Other than winning comps they aren't making moves. Even getting rid of Janelle wasn't a big move to me. She only had Kaysar so she wasn't going far in the game anyway. Tyler being the person to nom Dani is probably biggest move so far.

In other words, this season has sucked dog shit through a silly straw. It’s not fun to watch people that have already played play... they know to just lay low as long as they can and not make waves. Give me 16 Davids that have no clue what they’re doing anyway doe entertainment value. 

Edited by Etexhorn13
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Etexhorn13 said:

In other words, this season has sucked dog shit through a silly straw. It’s not fun to watch people that have already played play... they know to just lay low as long as they can and not make waves. Give me 16 Davids that have no clue what they’re doing anyway doe entertainment value. 

Pretty much 

I hope the house guests got as Julie said, a WELL DESERVED night of sleep after that grueling night, they must be exhausted. Answering a bunch of true or false questions and running back and forth a few times trying to piece together a couple of 7 piece puzzles must’ve been absolutely draining

Did you see social media influencer Nicole draped over her answer thing in the booth? How she was able to finish the night, knowing she’s already won 500k once, was awe inspiring to say the least. My biggest concern today is that she, and the others get at least 12 hrs of sleep before another day of lounging around the house.

• Like 1

Good episode last night. I thought they did a decent job of showing the triple eviction drama around Nicole v David vote. I don't know why Tyler was convinced Enzo was onboard with the Nicole vote. Perhaps he had previously hinted about it, but Enzo never seems to commit. However, Tyler and Xmas didn't have many moves. Sure they could have just voted along with evicting David but they wouldn't be in much of a better situation. Their current situation was decided a couple of weeks ago.

Tyler or Xmas can not last much longer unless the remaining one goes on a win streak, which most likely leaves Xmas out. As far as both surviving the week, I see their only option as Tyler winning veto and somehow convincing Nicole to forgive them as they are her only chance to get past 4th. Did Cody say that if one of them wins veto, he will put up Memphis?

please, no more seasons with these weak ass chicks who just side with the strong guys from day one and then do nothing the entire summer as they ride the coattails of the guys until it's their own turn to be voted out by said guys with 5 or 6 people left. the sad thing is i guarantee you Nicole Franzel thinks she's played a great game and deserves to win. 

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

please, no more seasons with these weak ass chicks who just side with the strong guys from day one and then do nothing the entire summer as they ride the coattails of the guys until it's their own turn to be voted out by said guys with 5 or 6 people left. the sad thing is i guarantee you Nicole Franzel thinks she's played a great game and deserves to win. 

yeah, every player always seems to think they have more than enough of a resume to win. lack of self awareness.

As dumb as Cody appears to be, he's playing a great game. He wins comps and he's never been in trouble in this game. He is able to think weeks out while other players like Tyler is always having to worry about today. The other genius move by Cody is having an "open relationship" with Enzo. It's so unexpected everyone else thinks Enzo is in the dark and available to make deals.

This is such a bad season for viewers because the majority alliance has won (almost) always won the HoH. The one exception is Tyler winning HoH in the triple eviction last Thursday removing. and in hindsight, removing Dani probably helped Cody/Enzo/Memphis more.