Texas athletes petitioning University to replace "The Eyes of Texas" and to no longer require athletes to sing it

Goo Punch

Instead of donating to an amalgamation of groups under the politically divisive BLM umbrella, with that kind of money why not start a new - communities of Texas centric - foundation? Giving back through housing, infrastructure, mentoring, scholarship and celebration for African American communities. And if a national blue chip commits, it can be extended to the community that he wishes.

Or even better use the money to establish the preeminent police deescalation training program, where officers from poor and all communities would be honored at the opportunity to attend.

An extra offer, match every scholarship given to an African American athlete for another non athlete, maybe even surprise the recipients on campus.

I don't know, fuck it. I'm retarded

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, JohnnyRage said:

Instead of donating to an amalgamation of groups under the politically divisive BLM umbrella, with that kind of money why not start a new - communities of Texas centric - foundation? Giving back through housing, infrastructure, mentoring, scholarship and celebration for African American communities. And if a national blue chip commits, it can be extended to the community that he wishes.

Or even better use the money to establish the preeminent police deescalation training program, where officers from poor and all communities would be honored at the opportunity to attend.

An extra offer, match every scholarship given to an African American athlete for another non athlete, maybe even surprise the recipients on campus.

Welcome home. 

• Fuck You 3

3 hours ago, Skipper said:

Rod Babers just tweeted the best idea I've heard yet.  Name a section of the Stadium for Julius Whittier, place the band in that section and have players/fans face that section when Singing the Eyes.

I listen to The Rodcast in the car all the time.  He nails things pretty consistently and he did on this one.  A perfect compromise.

I don't think there's much chance anyone will go for it, but I'm glad he put it out there.

10 hours ago, Skipper said:

Orangebloods now has a bunch of old whitey's so pissed they are clammoring to do away with UT athletics or scholarship athletics as a whole  One guy even has the idea that "all players should have same academic standards" and be "parents should be forced to pay for the players tutoring"  And you wonder why our players have some of these attitudes.   Seriously, the Boomers (at least many of them) just need to fucking die off already.

I’m a Boomer

I have a chronic lung condition

i have an ex, with whom my kids spend almost half their time with, who is an avid follower of a certain Chief Executive of a large western democracy who thinks the virus is pretty much a hoax

I have a son who will be going back to a large public high school in August with apparently not very many safety precautions

So my guess, at least in my case, is that you will get your wish.

Edited by NeverMarryAStripper

8 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I’m a Boomer

I have a chronic lung condition

i have an ex, with whom my kids spend almost half their time with, who is an avid follower of a certain Chief Executive of a large western democracy who thinks the virus is pretty much a hoax

I have a son who will be going back to a large public high school in August with apparently not very many safety precautions

So my guess, at least in my case, is that you will get your wish.

Geez that's pretty heavy man.

1 hour ago, JohnnyRage said:

I like it if this thread has gone from stupid belly aching to interesting ideas. 

It'd strengthen by belief in our school and community if we reacted to the athletes' request by saying "Fuck yeah, here are a bunch of ideas" and let's go make the best ones happen. 

2 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Rumor is. Baby shark is in the running to replace the eyes 

I heard Sheck Wes was, too.

Texas fight (bitch!)
Texas fight (shit!)
Texas fight (whore!)
Texas fight (cunt!)
OU sucks (blows!)
Sheck Wes (hoes!)

1 hour ago, JohnnyRage said:

All this seems logical and good to me. 

Does this work with everyone ?
What if the women of Texas wanted MLK's name removed from streets, building, schools and statues taken down because he was a womanizer and adulterer? Would that ever happen?

Or the academics wanted his statue removed from campus because he was a known plagiarist and his dissertation was a fraud? For example.

Our 1969 team is the last all-white team to win the national championship.  Should the plaque be taken down from DKR?
DKR coached that team.  Should DKR's name be taken down from the stadium?  Should the university disassociate with DKR?
All the WW1 plaques around the stadium are honoring men who fought for a military that was segregated.  Should we remove all symbols around the stadium honoring men who fought for a segregated institution?

Dr. Gordon has a video about DKR as well.

4 minutes ago, 4th_and_18 said:

Or the academics wanted his statue removed from campus because he was a known plagiarist and his dissertation was a fraud? For example.

It is always a danger whenever you honor actual people with a statue. They are people with imperfections.

Which is why we should only have statues of horses, maybe mustangs, on campus. Nobody is going to say how that horse once stole oats or knocked over a fence or something.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Skipper said:

Orangebloods now has a bunch of old whitey's so pissed they are clammoring to do away with UT athletics or scholarship athletics as a whole  One guy even has the idea that "all players should have same academic standards" and be "parents should be forced to pay for the players tutoring"  And you wonder why our players have some of these attitudes.   Seriously, the Boomers (at least many of them) just need to fucking die off already.

Unfortunately your moms sperm donor didn’t shoot his load in the sink. Instead he impregnated her who spit you out 9 months later. 

Edited by US183
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, maninblack said:

Also there's a lot better ways to use the University's money than to donate to a political organization founded and led by Marxists. Call me crazy.

Say I had a $1,000 burning a hole in my pocket and I donated to BLM today.   Does anyone know how BLM would spend it?  I’m not talking in theory here ... where would that money go today?   

2 minutes ago, Knighthawk said:

Say I had a $1,000 burning a hole in my pocket and I donated to BLM today.   Does anyone know how BLM would spend it?  I’m not talking in theory here ... where would that money go today?   

Essentially no but it's pretty easy to track using publicly accessible data where it could go. If you want to do good with the University's money then donating to BLM isn't even on the totem pole. Much better avenues to use it and actually know it's doing something positive.

7 minutes ago, Knighthawk said:

download.gif

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Your moms twat has been a battlefield

3 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Dang what a foxhole!

I got Somme too last night

She battled my bulge and I wanted to stop Midway, but finished on her Tets.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I do too. It’s a great announcement at the end of each game: “ladies and gentlemen, please turn and face the Julius Whittier section for the Eyes of Texas.” It gets a mention every game, and becomes its own tradition - not just a statue in forgotten corner.

Hell, at away games, a member of the LHB can hold up a sign - “Julius Whittier Section,” and that’s where the players and fans face.

If the players buy in, that could work.  Would actually be pretty freaking cool.

• Like 2

Just now, Johnny Sack said:

If the players buy in, that could work.  Would actually be pretty freaking cool.

It really would.  It's MORE than what they've asked for Whittier - it would be making his name part of our tradition.

But it's all about buy-in and ownership of the idea.  They have to want it to happen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trythisathome said:

Josh Thompson tweeted about it too. Seems like they proposed the idea to CDC and got shut down in the name of tradition. 

Probably goes beyond the black jerseys too. Just a hunch, but everywhere I saw people saying that contributing to BLM specifically would be too political and too polarizing a thing to do. But then Tenn just goes and does it.

29 minutes ago, Nope said:

Probably goes beyond the black jerseys too. Just a hunch, but everywhere I saw people saying that contributing to BLM specifically would be too political and too polarizing a thing to do. But then Tenn just goes and does it.

Good to see Tenn supporting “trained Marxists”. Texas surely won’t be far behind.

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Nope said:

Tennessee has already said they won't be donating to BLM.

I am not sure it is legal for state schools to donate to political organizations.

Edited by Johnny Sack
  • Like 3

School donations should be obvious. Adopt the lowest preforming public schools each year and create a plan with their administration and community with some realistic goals. 

Provide student teachers, equipment, materials for students AND teachers. 

Create scholarship endowments and grant them to these local communities. Free tuition at Tenn or a stipend for another university. 

This will have a much more lasting effect than donating to a political party. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Rap sucks.

Get that shit out of here.

No way. Us useless boomers who deserve to be dead and buy season tickets in the upper deck love that shit. Especially when there’s a break in the action and they fire up the jumbo-tron and play that shit at 150 dB’s, its awesome. It keeps you from having to talk to the other people around you. 

• Like 2