Texas athletes petitioning University to replace "The Eyes of Texas" and to no longer require athletes to sing it

Goo Punch

6 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

...and some among this thread wept

Yeet them into the sun, followed by the scholarships of the band members stirring this up and sitting out of the game.  The football team found unity this week, maybe the rest can pick up a book and learn about The Eyes, rather than some SJW's 'hot take' to cancel tradition.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, Gravy Train said:

Yeet them into the sun, followed by the scholarships of the band members stirring this up and sitting out of the game.  The football team found unity this week, maybe the rest can pick up a book and learn about The Eyes, rather than some SJW's 'hot take' to cancel tradition.

It was good the team stayed. Stop making everything political. 

• Hook 'Em 4

23 minutes ago, nineliveslost said:

Please stop... this is putting a new saddle on a (hopefully)dead horse. The players were all there saluting the fans. Lets not investigate who had their horns up, who was standing , who was smiling or who was farting.

The team won. Happy

The team supported the fans with the eyes. Happy

we still have Tom . Sad 

Let's enjoy the win and smile. We can prepare our anus for the ass raping that is going to happen next week on Sunday 

Maybe they should prepare their anus for the ass raping next week (James Brown voice)

The players are trying to put this behind them and the fans should as well. 

Edited by UncleSonny
Tweet not embedding
  • Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Xian said:

Why?  What the fuck is wrong with taking a knee?? Why are you so upset over something so trivial. 

we keep our song. The players are out for it showing respect to the fans.   Everyone should be happy. This is best case scenario. 

Stand the fuck up for your school!!   This is not real hard!!!

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 4

15 minutes ago, Xian said:

Why?  What the fuck is wrong with taking a knee?? Why are you so upset over something so trivial. 

we keep our song. The players are out for it showing respect to the fans.   Everyone should be happy. This is best case scenario. 

Yep. What happened today is what should always happened. What you do during the song I don't give a rats ass. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I went to the game today.  

The fans were cheering during the singing of the Eyes Of Texas before the game.  I didn't see any fans sitting.  Clearly, the vast majority of fans attending today have NO problems with the song.

The Willie Nelson music videos at halftime was awesome - never seen those before.

They were also rocking to some classic rock during some of the the timeouts - IMHO better than listening to the band playing the same songs over and over.   I didn't miss the band at all. 

• Hook 'Em 6

1 minute ago, Shaggybevo said:

The fans were cheering during the singing of the Eyes Of Texas before the game.  I didn't see any fans sitting.  Clearly, the vast majority of fans attending today have NO problems with the song.

The Willie Nelson music videos at halftime was awesome - never seen those before.

They were also rocking to some classic rock during some of the the timeouts - IMHO better than listening to the band playing the same songs over and over.   I didn't miss the band at all. 

Can we play this at games?  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Shaggybevo said:

Can we play this at games?  

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/21/2020 at 8:34 PM, Randolph Duke said:

I’d be ok with just getting rid of the band entirely. Maybe revisit the issue five or ten years down the road. Used canned music instead. 

You guys have one of the biggest and best alumni bands in the country.   I'll bet they have no problem playing "Eyes" and "Texas Fight."   Just get them to augment the ones who want to stay and play.

2 hours ago, Shaggybevo said:

I mean CDC could add more fans in those seats eventually and make more money in ticket sales...haha

13 hours ago, Gravy Train said:

Do you think people are getting scholarships to be in band? There's about 30 scholarships totally that the band awards, and they're mainly alumni funded $1k-2k awards. And that's it. 

Everyone else pays full tuition, some extra fees to cover LHB costs, and sacrifice at least 12 hours a week during football season. I'd say they've earned their opinion on what the band should do. 

It's a shame that so many so-called horns fans want to kill LHB just because it's members want to do what they think is right. 

• Hook 'Em 2