Texas athletes petitioning University to replace "The Eyes of Texas" and to no longer require athletes to sing it

Goo Punch

20 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

Let whatever hatred they may have grow greater by being isolated and feeling their opinions and feelings don't matter.

Their opinions and feelings appear to be fairly significant unfortunately.

edit gotdammit

Edited by GringoSalado

9 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Losing the song isn’t bringing anyone together. That’s the point. If your stated objective is to live in a more racially tolerant world you need to change people’s minds and hearts. The cancelling of anything that someone might find offensive does nothing to further that objective.  

Uhhhhhhhh

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Losing the song isn’t bringing anyone together. That’s the point. If your stated objective is to live in a more racially tolerant world you need to change people’s minds and hearts. The cancelling of anything that someone might find offensive does nothing to further that objective.  

Enough hearts and minds have been changed. That's why we're moving toward the inevitable. 

Not everyone will be happy.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, GTX Horn said:

I’d be curious to see a poll of what current students’ opinion on the song is.

Am current student.  I would like to keep it but I can tell you that the students who do not care about athletics which is a rather large portion of the student body these days want it gone.  I think the emails from the boosters complicates things further.  The emails unfortunately taint the song.  

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Enough hearts and minds have been changed. That's why we're moving toward the inevitable. 

Not everyone will be happy.

Right, not everyone will be happy regardless of what happens so we’re frankly stuck between a rock and a hard place.

17 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Uhhhhhhhh

Focusing energy on The EOT or The Cat in the Hat isn’t focusing on where actual hatred is. All you end up doing is making an issue that has near universal support actually lose support with a lot of people. So if your actual objective is racial tolerance, the strategy is terrible.  

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

Point 4 - the current batch of players can't beat bad TCU teams and should win something before demanding changes. If this was the VY or Colt teams, I would be more inclined to listen. These fuckers are replacement level.

I feel like I shouldn't be belittling their opinions because it is fucked what the boosters said and did in response to them but these teams have been some of the worse in Texas Football History.  I feel like they haven't earned the right to make lasting changes to the program.  If VY, Ricky, and Earl were saying the same thing, I'd be more inclined to agree.    

11 minutes ago, Tex48 said:

Am current student.  I would like to keep it but I can tell you that the students who do not care about athletics which is a rather large portion of the student body these days want it gone.  I think the emails from the boosters complicates things further.  The emails unfortunately taint the song.  

Thanks for you input. I myself am a recent grad. I would like to keep it as well but from what I can gather from social media is that those who want to keep it (at least current students and recent grads) are probably in the minority. Or at least those who oppose it are certainly in a vocal majority. A lot of students aren’t engaged in athletics (which is a whole different issue), and I think that contributes to the opposition as they have no connection to the song if they don’t go to sporting events and never have the experience of singing The Eyes with 100,000 other Longhorns at a football game.

Edited by GTX Horn
  • Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The Dr. Seuss issue is that some of his books, had some questionable content. And the company that owns the rights to book's decided to self-censor. Similar to how Disney refuses to release or show Song of the South in the US.

I defy ANYONE to find anything "racist" in those Seuss books. Personally, I think we're going nuts as a culture. This won't stop anytime soon and will NOT end well.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, GTX Horn said:

Thanks for you input. I myself am a recent grad. I would like to keep it as well but from what I can gather from social media is that those who want to keep it (at least current students and recent grads) are probably in the minority. Or at least those who oppose it are certainly in a vocal majority. A lot of students aren’t engaged in athletics (which is a whole different issue), and I think that contributes to the opposition as they have no connection to the song if they don’t go to sporting events and never have the experience of singing The Eyes with 100,000 other Longhorns at a football game.

I think the overall apathy of Texas athletics in the last 10 years contributes to this too.  Also a lot of people feel like the university is cold hearted and don't care about the students.  I like Hartzell over Fenves from what I've seen so far.  I was surprised we actually shut down school for a week and a half because of the storm.  When Fenves was President, multiple people were stabbed on campus and yet they still had class the next day.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tex48 said:

I’m a recent grad and can back this up. But my issue is that most of the student body doesn’t know jack shit about our athletics program or football. I’d say a majority aren’t connected to the university in ways most of the posters here are so they’re just looking to take the path of least resistance. Most of my friends are indifferent towards the song because they just want this issue to be over with, and the emails obviously aren’t helping. If the report comes out next week and it finds nothing negative or racially charged within the song, I don’t see them scrapping it but it’s not gonna make the vocally opposed any less angry. 

Edited by theBigHen
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, sith_horn said:

An Open Letter to the Eyes of Texas History Committee - By UTgrad'08 on Feb 10, 2021

Hide contents

Since June, I have posted several times about The Eyes of Texas controversy. My original post focused on the actual history of The Eyes of Texas, which I concluded was not racist. I went more in-depth by creating a visual presentation of my findings by publishing two YouTube videos, Part I and Part II.

My last attempt to inject some sanity back into students, athletes, fans, alumni, professors, and administrators regarding this issue has been to write to every member on the Eyes of Texas History Committee that is currently investigating many elements of the song. I am now making the letter that I sent to the Committee an open letter via this post. The Committee is scheduled to release its conclusions and decisions at the end of this month.

If you agree with my stance on the Eyes of Texas, or at least believe that a more balanced investigation of the song should take place, please share my letter to the Committee with as many people as possible, as you see fit.

Additionally, if you have the same questions and/or concerns that I have concerning the Committee and/or the future of The Eyes of Texas as the official alma mater of UT, please also contact the Committee at the following email addresses and Twitter handles (these email addresses are public information, found on the University's website):

Dr. H.W. Brands, Professor of History: hwbrands@austin.utexas.edu, @hwbrands

Dr. Edmund Gordon, Associate Professor: etgordon@austin.utexas.edu

President Jay Hartzell: president.hartzell@utexas.edu, @JCHartzell

Dr. Peniel Joseph, Professor of Public Affairs: peniel.joseph@austin.utexas.edu, @PenielJoseph

Mr. Jim Nicar, Director of the UT History Corner and UT Heritage Society: @JimNicar

Dr. Richard Reddick, Associate Dean for Equity, Community Engagement, and Outreach: richard.reddick@austin.utexas.edu, @DrRichReddick

Dr. Mary Rivas-Rodriguez, Professor of Journalism: mrivas@austin.utexas.edu, @MRivasRodriguez

Dr. Cherise Smith, Professor of African and African Diaspora Studies: cherise_smith@austin.utexas.edu, @CheriseSmithPhD

The following is the text of that open letter:

This letter is respectfully addressed to Dr. H.W. Brands, Dr. Edmund Gordon, President Jay Hartzell, Dr. Peniel Joseph, Mr. Jim Nicar, Dr. Richard Reddick, Dr. Mary Rivas-Rodriguez, Dr. Cherise Smith, and the rest of the members of The Eyes of Texas History Committee:

Since June of 2020, and possibly for some time before, multiple misstatements have been made about the song "The Eyes of Texas." Additionally, many have presented a severe misinterpretation of the song's history. These misinterpretations were most likely inspired by Dr. Edmund Gordon's "Racial Geography Tour" that has become popular viewing for University students in the past several years. If this Committee should find fault with The Eyes of Texas, or recommend its alteration or even abolition, or its presentation as the alma mater, I believe it must answer or address the following:

1. If Robert E. Lee was so fond of using the expression, "the eyes of the South are upon you," then why is there a severe lack of primary or even secondary source evidence showing that he did in fact use this phrase? To my knowledge, neither Dr. Gordon nor the multitude of articles, op-eds, etc. claiming that Lee frequently used this phrase have supplied any historical evidence showing that he actually did so. If the Committee has evidence to the contrary, it should provide it to the public.

2. What can be proven via primary source documents is that the quote "the eyes of the world are upon us," "the eyes of America are upon us," and several other variations of this phrase have been used by famous historical figures for centuries. This highly suggests that "the eyes of Texas" mirrors a common historical phrase rather than one that has specific ties to Robert E. Lee, the Confederacy, or the American South. The Committee should clarify this fact, so that media outlets do not repeat the lie that Robert E. Lee directly inspired the song or phrase, "The Eyes of Texas."

3. It has been claimed by some, like Dr. Gordon, that President William L. Prather's repetition of the phrase "the eyes of Texas are upon you" was directly inspired by Lee. If this is true, why did Prather's daughter - Mary Lee Prather Darden - contradict this claim in a 1926 Dallas Morning News interview? Based on her recollection at that time, Prather did not quote Robert E. Lee in his 1899 speech. The Committee should clearly communicate that accounts of Prather's 1899 speech are, at the very least, inconclusive regarding the question of him quoting Lee, or using anything Lee said as an inspiration for the phrase "the eyes of Texas are upon you."

4. There is at least some doubt, by Dr. Gordon's own admission, that black face was used in the 1903 debut of "The Eyes of Texas." On his "Racial Geography Tour," Dr. Gordon states, "In minstrel shows of the era performers wore blackface, although this detail is not specifically recorded in accounts of the Hancock show." If this is the case, then the Committee should urge those in the media to accurately report that black face "may have been used" during the debut of the song. They should also clearly communicate this fact to students, fans, alumni, athletes, and all other interested parties.

5. According to all available historical evidence, "The Eyes of Texas" quickly became a song beloved by the student body and adopted as a school anthem. It did not remain a regular "minstrel song." The Committee should clarify for all those interested that, while the song debuted at a minstrel show, students, administration, and alumni quickly elevated "The Eyes of Texas" as a song to represent the high ideals of the University. In other words, while minstrel shows and acts were, unfortunately, somewhat common at the University until the 1960s, performing "The Eyes of Texas" was not a regular minstrel routine on campus.

6. Many people have falsely connected the spirit group Texas Cowboys as being involved with minstrel shows and "The Eyes of Texas." While the Texas Cowboys did perform minstrel shows up until the 1960s, the group was founded in 1922, and the first performance of "The Eyes of Texas" took place in 1903. The Committee should seek to clarify these facts.

7. It has been claimed that "The Eyes of Texas" has "racist undertones." While the exact meaning of "racist undertones" depends on one's own interpretation and opinion, it can be assumed that many mean that the song has a hidden, racist meaning. By examining the history of the song, this is not the case. The main author, John L. Sinclair, nicknamed the song the "prexy joke parody," meaning it was intended to make fun of President William L. Prather. The Committee should communicate to all those interested that the words and lyrics of the song were clearly directed at one object - President Prather - and never had any sort of hidden or overt racial message.

8. Those who claim "The Eyes of Texas" is a racist song usually focus on two key points: its debut at a 1903 minstrel show, and the tune of the song, which is based on "I've Been Working on the Railroad" or "The Levee Song." Some have argued that the adoption of the tune was another way for the authors to present a quasi-hidden racist message. However, in a 2003 Alcalde article, Frances Vick and Jim Nicar (who is a member of this committee) claimed that John Sinclair heard black workers singing "I've Been Working on the Railroad" on his family farm, liked the tune, and chose to use it for "The Eyes of Texas." If this is the case, the Committee should, at the very least, admit that it is not exactly known why the tune was adopted for the "The Eyes of Texas," and that there is evidence that suggests race had no specific impact in Sinclair's decision to use the tune that he chose.

In conclusion, it is my opinion that this Committee, especially those who are historians and academics, should communicate that the actual historical evidence contradicts many of the present negative claims about the history of "The Eyes of Texas." While the song did debut at a minstrel show, and used the tune of a common minstrel show song, Longhorn fans, students, alumni, and all others interested should know the true historical facts concerning the story and creation of "The Eyes of Texas."

For more information and a more comprehensive presentation of the facts and evidence I have highlighted above, please view the following:

A Historical Case FOR Singing "The Eyes of Texas": https://www.burntorangenation.com/2020/6/16/21292505/a-historical-case-for-singing-the-eyes-of-texas?_ga=2.152953137.906723874.1607744790-1033583533.1592006177

The REAL History of The Eyes of Texas - Part I: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOLsCglGeW4

The REAL History of The Eyes of Texas - Part II: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZRa-e-8GQo

If I am in error regarding the presentation or interpretation of historical facts and evidence, please let me know.

Sincerely,

KeepTheEyes

Historian & Texas Ex

@KeepTheEyes1

There you go with your silly facts.  Don’t you know this is will be a decision based in emotion.  

5 minutes ago, theBigHen said:

I’m a recent grad and can back this up. But my issue is that most of the student body doesn’t know jack shit about our athletics program or football. I’d say a majority aren’t connected to the university in ways most of the posters here are so they’re just looking to take the path of least resistance. Most of my friends are indifferent towards the song because they just want this issue to be over with, and the emails obviously aren’t helping. If the report comes out next week and it finds nothing negative or racially charged within the song, I don’t see them scrapping it but it’s not gonna make the vocally opposed any less angry. 

Well we don’t know much about the song but heard it might be racist so let’s do away with it just in case.  Fucking brilliant.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Neither does football

True, but I’d be willing to bet ppl would still come out to a football game with no song rather than coming out to watch them sing a song with no football...

13 minutes ago, Restinmybones said:

I defy ANYONE to find anything "racist" in those Seuss books. Personally, I think we're going nuts as a culture. This won't stop anytime soon and will NOT end well.

These are some fairly bad portrayals of people from Africa. If you were of African descent, would you want your kids to read books that show them as ape-like? Personally I think the Dr. Seuss group could have edited the books to remove the questionable material but then again perhaps it's just as easy to drop the book. 

yerta.jpg 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, Restinmybones said:

SHUT. UP.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

If a student is not attending sporting events, where do you think The Eyes is played while they're in attendance? Or is that a rarity?
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, D3zii said:

True, but I’d be willing to bet ppl would still come out to a football game with no song rather than coming out to watch them sing a song with no football...

If this team is winning you could play Ace of Base on repeat throughout the entirety of the game and people would fill the stands. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Had Enough said:
18 minutes ago, theBigHen said:

If a student is not attending sporting events, where do you think The Eyes is played while they're in attendance? Or is that a rarity?

Besides graduation, orientation, and a few other events, I can’t think of any other times I heard it on campus. Maybe in a couple classes if it was brought up but when I think of the song I think of athletics and graduation. I grew up a Longhorn and have always known the song from going to games, but not sure about most other students.

Besides graduation, orientation, and a few other events, I can’t think of any other times I heard it on campus. Maybe in a couple classes if it was brought up but when I think of the song I think of athletics and graduation. I grew up a Longhorn and have always known the song from going to games, but not sure about most other students.
If that's the case, I'd say the song is an easy give up as it has no impact on them. They probably don't know the words.

You guys keep taking about the "rich, white," alumni not telling students/athletes how they should feel.. It works both ways. The song is important to alumni for obvious reasons; and its not up to you to tell them its not. Wins, losses, weddings, graduations, ect get linked by that song and its important for people to keep hearing it when they come back to campus. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Had Enough said:
14 minutes ago, theBigHen said:

If that's the case, I'd say the song is an easy give up as it has no impact on them. They probably don't know the words.

Yup with covid and the stuff going on last year I would say the majority of the freshman class has never sung it.  

3 minutes ago, texashorne said:

You guys keep taking about the "rich, white," alumni not telling students/athletes how they should feel.. It works both ways. The song is important to alumni for obvious reasons; and its not up to you to tell them its not. Wins, losses, weddings, graduations, ect get linked by that song and its important for people to keep hearing it when they come back to campus. 

What are the obvious reasons?

33 minutes ago, Restinmybones said:

I did a deep dive on it and there are definitely racist cartoons by Seuss, but I didn't find any direct references to his books. That doesn't stop the narrative that there are "strong racist undertones" in ALL of the Seuss books, which seemed to be the theme from most of the articles on the topic. I have to say in 17 years of reading those books to my kids, I haven't noticed them, but I am a 45 year old white guy so I am probably not as sensitive to them. 

Should we boycott ABC / ESPN / Disney because of Song of the South?  A movie that still had a ride (Splash Mountain - Magic Kingdom) associated with it up until a few months ago. I have known that was racist and told my daughters as much for years now every time we rode that ride.  Shocked it has lasted as long as it did.

I understand the point of view of the students and athletes. I think (hope) that the school is taking the right approach. There are also plenty of people that identify with the song and have emotional ties to it for numerous reasons, none of which are (likely) racist. If we start eliminating everything in our culture because we can 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon our way to a racist history or attachment, there won't be much history or culture left in this country. This country has a racist past. In some ways, I think identifying and using items that point to that history to educate and understand is better than eliminating and deepening the divide.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

This is bullshit and passive language. First, the word "cancel" itself is stupid because it means everything and nothing at the same time. Second, it's not about what someone "might" find offensive. It's about what some people do find offensive. If you don't care about that, fine, that's certainly your right, but at least recognize that instead of couching in "mights" and "what ifs".

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, texashorne said:

I cringe when any school fight song is played at a wedding or funeral. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Nobody holds a candle to the aggys in this regard.  I was at the wedding of Clayton Williams' daughter.  When asked by the minister who gives away this bride, he said "Her mother and I and Texas A&M University!" True story.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I was at a wedding a while back and they asked everyone to get in a circle, so I got in the circle. The DJ started saying something about how the bride and groom wanted everyone to take part in one of their favorite traditions and the aggy war hymn started playing. I couldn’t jump out of that circle fast enough.

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

This is bullshit and passive language. First, the word "cancel" itself is stupid because it means everything and nothing at the same time. Second, it's not about what someone "might" find offensive. It's about what some people do find offensive. If you don't care about that, fine, that's certainly your right, but at least recognize that instead of couching in "mights" and "what ifs".

You have an issue with using passive language? Was I supposed to post an emotionally charged response based on MY FEELINGS?!?!?!?  I used “might” because the groups that are supposed to be the ones offended often are not bringing up the claims. It’s often white people finding offense on behalf of others. I find that rather strange. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

I think an issue between young and old is that the olds probably had way less diversity on campus. They probably had their Conservative/Liberal divide with way more white people, but the ethnic and racial divides are much higher now than when they were on campus.

4 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

You have an issue with using passive language? Was I supposed to post an emotionally charged response based on MY FEELINGS?!?!?!?  I used “might” because the groups that are supposed to be the ones offended often are not bringing up the claims. It’s often white people finding offense on behalf of others. I find that rather strange. 

Is it your contention that nobody is offended by tEOT? This all just a supposition?

I suspect that the vast majority of people posting in this tread recognize that at least some players and non-players are offended by the song. Whether people believe tEOT should be removed or not is clearly a debate, but I don't think people are worried about who "might" be offended. Using passive language in this instance is a way of diminishing the actual observations and feelings of actual people. 

• Hook 'Em 1

https://www.bustle.com/articles/148509-obama-praises-dr-seuss-for-teaching-him-empathy-and-responsibility

Obama Says Dr. Seuss Is The Best Teacher

It's no secret that President Obama is an avid reader. But, he just got even more cred with book-lovers by praising everybody's favorite children's author: yep, Obama loves Dr. Seuss. In a Q&A session with interns, (paid or unpaid?) 

Obama admitted that "pretty much all the stuff you need to know is in Dr. Seuss." And of course, he's spot on....(snip)

c5608371-f254-4c1e-b7c2-7f6b806fb0ca.jpg

Edited by clapclapclap

5 hours ago, SarkAfterDark said:

Not sure why this is so hard. Let those that want to sing the song, sing the song, and whoever doesn’t want to sing it shouldn’t have to and nobody should care about the other persons decision. Why this wasn’t the compromise from the beginning I have no idea. Fuck this stupid as song shit.

This is where the breakdown is.  No one wants to compromise or take the time to understand anymore.  The mob mentality takes over and things quickly escalate to a point of no return even if proven/disproven by fact otherwise.

32 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Nobody holds a candle to the aggys in this regard.  I was at the wedding of Clayton Williams' daughter.  When asked by the minister who gives away this bride, he said "Her mother and I and Texas A&M University!" True story.

Arkansas would like a word with you.  Been to 3 Razorback grads' weddings.  All have had a razorback for a groom cake and all have had the whole crowd do Whoo Pigs Sooie after the kiss.  No, they didn't know each other (but yes they were all likely cousins).

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, GTX Horn said:

I was at a wedding a while back and they asked everyone to get in a circle, so I got in the circle. The DJ started saying something about how the bride and groom wanted everyone to take part in one of their favorite traditions and the aggy war hymn started playing. I couldn’t jump out of that circle fast enough.

Just admit that you were hoping for a circle jerk and was disappointed.

• Haha 6

21 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

I think an issue between young and old is that the olds probably had way less diversity on campus. They probably had their Conservative/Liberal divide with way more white people, but the ethnic and racial divides are much higher now than when they were on campus.

I'm a 1973 graduate, there were 4% Black students then and 6% now so I don't consider that very different. The biggest difference is the white percentage of students has decreased due to the increase of Asian-Americans and Hispanics. The campus was extremely liberal as evidenced by the size and number of anti-Vietnam War protests and McGovern won the presidential race in '72 by getting over 90% of the vote against Nixon.

In 1971 the Student Senate voted to change the mascot from the Longhorn to the Armadillo because the Armadillo was more peaceful. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Texas73 said:

I'm a 1973 graduate, there were 4% Black students then and 6% now so I don't consider that very different. The biggest difference is the white percentage of students has decreased due to the increase of Asian-Americans and Hispanics. The campus was extremely liberal as evidenced by the size and number of anti-Vietnam War protests and McGovern won the presidential race in '72 by getting over 90% of the vote against Nixon.

In 1971 the Student Senate voted to change the mascot from the Longhorn to the Armadillo because the Armadillo was more peaceful. 

Well if that actually happened this could have been our school song:

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Texas73 said:

Thanks for the insight, love hearing how the older campus issues was like for other folks. I don’t know how many people actually read the daily Texan now.

Crazy growth for Hispanic/Tejano/Latino whatevertheycheckoff and Asian students, hopefully black students in Texas can find it more attainable.

Way too many factors that go into College rankings but I think a clear fundraising and diversification of the student body has done wonders for the standing of Texas with national prestige.

Edited by StassneyHorn

32 minutes ago, Texas73 said:

Kristen Wiig - Dafuq GIF - Dafuq - Discover & Share GIFs | Kristen wiig,  Kristen, Dafuq

How stupid were students back then? Longhorns are herbivores. Armadillos are omnivores. Thus, Longhorns are more peaceful than Armadillos. It's in the science, really it is.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

Arkansas would like a word with you.  Been to 3 Razorback grads' weddings.  All have had a razorback for a groom cake and all have had the whole crowd do Whoo Pigs Sooie after the kiss.  No, they didn't know each other (but yes they were all likely cousins).

Cut them a little slack.

I mean, at least they invented the toothbrush

If that weren't the case, it would be called a "teethbrush".

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

we should fucking repudiate it is what we should do. start with the guy talking about "the blacks." tell him to get fucked, we don't need your racist money.

Fuck that, I'm tired of the shifting goalposts of cultural "racist" victimhood, mostly by ill-read and marginally-experienced Millennial little orange-slice-eating, everyone-got-a-trophy shits.  Their social media slanders of self-declared agendas and demands are equally as bullying as one who shames a donor's E-mail with "the blacks" in its content.

There's a legitimate cause to reform treatment misappropriations, not reinvent a brand because their bygone history doesn't fit their agenda.

We're also not alone in this currently, Baylor is about to deal with the same nonsense that affects the entire institution's name.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3
  • Fuck You 2

22 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Kristen Wiig - Dafuq GIF - Dafuq - Discover & Share GIFs | Kristen wiig,  Kristen, Dafuq

How stupid were students back then? Longhorns are herbivores. Armadillos are omnivores. Thus, Longhorns are more peaceful than Armadillos. It's in the science, really it is.

Unless you're a bulldog 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Brothahorn said:

Just admit that you were hoping for a circle jerk and was disappointed.

Another great aggie tradition!  It was probably after the boot sliding contest though, and after the normal people went home.