Quebec 01 missile alert facility

Pato del Muerto

https://wyoparks.wyo.gov/index.php/places-to-go/quebec-01

So this historical site opened not too long ago. Home of the 400th missile squadron and 50 peacekeeper missiles. 

I thought their pictures were pretty cool that were being posted on the Wyoming state parks fb page so I decided to spread the word. Give them some internet traffic and visit the site if you are so inclined. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTbQBqeeRSoLTbJ17tC870

• Like 3

I'd love to visit one of these. My 7th and 8th grade home room teacher was a retired Colonel who was a high up at nuclear missile sites for years and he would regale us with interesting stories about these places.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Orale said:

I'd love to visit one of these. My 7th and 8th grade home room teacher was a retired Colonel who was a high up at nuclear missile sites for years and he would regale us with interesting stories about these places.

If you're anywhere near Abilene, it looks like you can maybr visit some there.

https://ktxs.com/archive/underground-silo-shows-cold-war-history-in-the-big-country?_gl=1*n2req9*_ga*bFRkT2tqS3lBeWxKVDJJNGJkdV9RMkFrc21GVFZkTE1wTTBWZEozbnRHSHNpZlQzNDNOYXZuVHRxbDF3bzdXUA..

On 6/12/2020 at 5:00 PM, bolverk said:

Thanks for the tip. I visited the Lawn Atlas Missile Base and it was awesome.