Dave Chappelle- 8:46

Goo Punch

Watched it last night. Powerful and also a really interesting tightrope walk of a very serious discussion that was not at all intended to be funny and yet he works in some really fun/blue moments which felt like a “steam release” during the otherwise seriousness of the message. As much as I like his straight up stand up, I would love to see him do more of this as well.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

i've gotten so used to Dave's deep, grainy voice that i'd forgotten how drastically different he sounds now compared to what he used to sound like. the difference is jarring:

All those cigarettes. 

That was an incredibly crafted and delivered performance. He’s so adept at making cleverly prepared material seem off the cuff. The great comedians, singers, spoken word artists, and other speakers know how create tension, then release. Sometimes Dave allowed us release with a laugh, but he also hit us with gut punches of of hard to hear truth. It was funny where it needed to be, and unapologetically honest and angry where needed, as well.  It was long enough to speak his mind humbly, and he knew when to wrap it up. So much respect and admiration for this man. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Whitewater Horn said:

That was an incredibly crafted and delivered performance. He’s so adept at making cleverly prepared material seem off the cuff. The great comedians, singers, spoken word artists, and other speakers know how create tension, then release. Sometimes Dave allowed us release with a laugh, but he also hit us with gut punches of of hard to hear truth. It was funny where it needed to be, and unapologetically honest and angry where needed, as well.  It was long enough to speak his mind humbly, and he knew when to wrap it up. So much respect and admiration for this man. 

Yep. You said it a lot better than I was going to say it.

• Like 4