How the hell do people ever walk out of/turn off movies?

GreenspointTexas

20 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Sure, a movie may not be as good as I thought, but ive never walked out of a single movie in my life. Not have I ever not finished a movie. And ive seen a shit ton of them

I always chuckle when people post that they do. Are people just that dumb? Pretty fucking easy to tell if a movie is going to be worth my time just by the trailer and/or director and cast. Very similar to looking at the cocktail menu before going to a new restaurant.

You haven't been watching the right movies

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-K3JWlhWhcAMuN4zUy4H

3 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

I do this all the time

It's hilarious the looks you get from people.  My wife thought I was batshit crazy the first time I did this (when we were dating), and now she'll drop the "Let's go to the theater and get some popcorn so we can watch a movie at the house". Of course, I have to be the one to go in and make the 'shameful' purchase.  

2 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

It's hilarious the looks you get from people.  My wife thought I was batshit crazy the first time I did this (when we were dating), and now she'll drop the "Let's go to the theater and get some popcorn so we can watch a movie at the house". Of course, I have to be the one to go in and make the 'shameful' purchase.  

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

Yep that's exactly how it went with us too. Now here's the real test AMC or Hollywood??

1 minute ago, SimonBolivar said:

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

Yep that's exactly how it went with us too. Now here's the real test AMC or Hollywood??

Prefer AMC, but it's an extra 20 minutes round trip.  If I'm already by there, I stop there.  If I'm leaving the house, I begrudgingly go to Hollywood.  

18 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I’ve walked out of plenty of movies. There was a old 8 screen cinema my childhood home. I’d go up there when I was sick of basketball and the pool. I don’t want to date myself, but I remember waking out of Bio Dome, Tank Girl and She’s All That.

The real question is why you'd walk into those movies.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Apep said:

I'm guessing we aren't counting kid-induced walkouts? We walked out of Where the Wild Things Are because my 5 year-old son got scared 10-15 minutes from the end. Still haven't seen the end of that movie.

He goes back to his bedroom and finds supper waiting for him.

Oh, I forget I have walked out on one movie.

It was one of the Avenger movies at Alamo,  I watched it for like 30m with 3D glasses on, I was eating or I would have left sooner.

I kept looking around at the audience, taking off my glasses, putting them back on, shit is blurry. 

The movie was not in 3D, all these fools were watching the movie with 3D glasses on,  I walked out and talked to someone there. They apologized to the audience, stopped the movie and started playing it in 3D after that,  I asked for a refund to comeback.

Edited by BNB
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, BNB said:

Oh, I forget I have walked out on one movie.

It was one of the Avenger movies at Alamo,  I watched it for like 30m with 3D glasses on, I was eating or I would have left sooner.

I kept looking around at the audience, taking off my glasses, putting them back on, shit is blurry. 

The movie was not in 3D, all these fools were watching the movie with 3D glasses on,  I walked out and talked to someone there. They apologized to the audience, stopped the movie and started playing it in 3D after that,  I asked for a refund to comeback.

All of them would have undoubtedly raved about how awesome it was in 3d as well.

2 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

I walked out of Rockstar.

That movie was worth it for Jennifer Aniston's wardrobe alone. I saw it on HBO and expected it to suck but it held my attention all the way through. It's not something I ever would've paid to see in a theater but it was better than I expected. 

29 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

So what you're telling us is that you couldn't eat a peach for hours, is that correct? 

Oh I can do that all night, as long as she's clean and there's no shitty acting and birds flying around in slow motion on in the background.

Never walked out of one but came damn close to on a few occasions...

Some Kate Jackson movie where it turns out her husband was a closet queen. 

Endless Love

The Toy - wife fell asleep. 

I stop watching FMJ just after the me so horny scene, the rest doesn't interest me as much as the boot camp segment.  Heartbreak Ridge up to the scene where Swede gets his ass kicked.  

21 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

I walked out of one long ago.

but my fav story isnt of when I walked out, but 2 clueless parents right behind me.

When the SouthPark movie came out in 1999 it came really close to getting a NC-17 for language. 

Myself and my 2 roommates made plans to watch it at a matinee time (because it was cheaper) at one of the 20 theater multiplexes.   We got our popcorn and drinks and got in our seats early.  We were in the 2nd to last row.

Just before the previews started, a 30ish couple with a 6-7 year old came in and sat behind us.  We didnt notice until the kid started making noise and whining just as the previews started. we turned around, and flat out asked them if they were in the right theater and explained that this movie wasnt for kids. 

we were told in some sort of non-flattering language  ( but I dont think profane) to mind our own business.  As the previews ended, my roommate tried one more time asking if they were in the wrong theater, that time we were told to shut the fuck up.  so we shrugged and watched the movie.

as we all know the opening scene says the word fuck about 100 times.  The stuck up couple didnt last 2 minutes cause mama started losing her shit over the language and as they got up I had to get the last word in.... something along the lines of "we fucking told you" childish I know, but oh well. 

I saw the South Park movie at the theater when it came out. There was a couple who looked to be in their 60's in front of us. The got out quickly during the opening Uncke Fucker song. 

I saw Pulp Fiction on the night it premiered. I was familiar with Tarantino via Reservoir Dogs so I knew what to expect. But the theater was half full of soccer moms and dads and their kids, expecting a standard Stallone or Schwarzenegger action flick I suppose. Half of them left after the adrenaline shot. The other half left during the buggery 

15 minutes ago, mr. sunshine said:

I saw Pulp Fiction on the night it premiered. I was familiar with Tarantino via Reservoir Dogs so I knew what to expect. But the theater was half full of soccer moms and dads and their kids, expecting a standard Stallone or Schwarzenegger action flick I suppose. Half of them left after the adrenaline shot. The other half left during the buggery 

I was seated behind 2 African American gentlemen that left shaking their heads after about the 26th racial slur.

1 hour ago, Not a cat said:

Oh I can do that all night, as long as she's clean and there's no shitty acting and birds flying around in slow motion on in the background.

But what about running your fingers down someone's face like you're reading Braille which is a totally normal and common thing that people do to show affection to their loved ones? 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Not a cat said:

Faceoff.  So bad.

13 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

are you kidding? some of Cage's finest work

Hide contents

spacer.png

5 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

So what you're telling us is that you couldn't eat a peach for hours, is that correct? 

4 hours ago, Not a cat said:

2 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

But what about running your fingers down someone's face like you're reading Braille which is a totally normal and common thing that people do to show affection to their loved ones? 

Face/Off is one of the greatest cinematic achievements in the history of America.  I'll watch it anytime I catch it flipping channels, which isn't often.  

You have to watch it with the same spirit you go into watching something like "The Room," just embracing the absurdity and unintentional humor.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2020 at 7:07 PM, Deej said:

I saw the South Park movie at the theater when it came out. There was a couple who looked to be in their 60's in front of us. The got out quickly during the opening Uncke Fucker song. 

Same situation different movie. Only one that comes to mind where people left was Boogie Nights. Love that flick 

^

My wife and I walked out of The Hateful 8, because we both fell asleep on a movie date as new parents (no regular sleep and QT dialogue are a bad combo). Saw that another showing was 15 mins in, a couple theaters down and ducked into that one.

Dinner, power nap, and a movie in retrospect that was a solid date night.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Can yall not see how shitty a movie will be by the trailer/cast/director?

I'm pretty picky about what I'll see in the theater, but my wife's bad taste in movies has changed me over the past few years.  I'll take a few chances now, but still have never walked out of a movie.  I wanted to walk out of Hocus Pocus (Free early screening, so I didn't know anything about it), but I stuck it out.  I wish I had walked out of Uncut Gems.  We were told it was a great movie.  We were lied to.  

Only walked out of Hot Shots Part Deux and we actually dipped into another theater to watch something else.  Not all was lost.

Speaking of Jennifer Love Hewitt, a buddy and I went to see Can't Hardly Wait on opening weekend while at UT.  We were the only non teens and were only there to see JLH's tits bounce around.

So hot.

2 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Can yall not see how shitty a movie will be by the trailer/cast/director?

You are probably like me and there isn't a chance that I am going to a theatre unless the movie is of subject matter that I like and is getting good buzz.  There is zero chance I'd ever walk out of a movie, and there is zero chance I'd be in a theatre watching most of these movies listed.  My wife on the other hand will go see anything and doesn't need to consult rotten tomatoes beforehand.  She would have no issue just walking up to the theatre and picking the movie that is closest to starting.  

• Like 1

Managed a 3 screen theater while going to school at one point.

Every once in a while we would get people who sat through a 2 hour movie, then came out after it was over and asked for a refund because they didn't enjoy it. They did not get their money back.

This happened a several times with Ironweed as i recall...