F-15C Crash North Sea

RPM

A US Air Force pilot is missing after a fighter jet crashed into the North Sea.

The F-15C Eagle, from the 48th Fighter Wing at RAF Lakenheath in Suffolk, crashed shortly after 09:40 BST while on a training mission.

The cause of the crash is currently unknown but the US Air Force confirmed only one pilot was on board.

Search and rescue teams are looking for the aircraft, which is believed to have crashed 74 nautical miles off the East Yorkshire coast.

2 hours ago, Mother mopar said:

Rough past month in the Air Force after a F-22, F-35 and now a F-15 crash. Hope they find him, thoughts and prayers to his family.

Wyoming ANG C-130 overshot the runway and crashed into a wall in Iraq last week, yesterday my sources said they still hadn't been able to move it.

2 minutes ago, Mother mopar said:

Speaking of, F-35 had a gear up landing last week at Hill AFB. As the lightening enterprise expands its flying hour commitment/program the more this will happen.

Is a gear up landing exactly what it sounds like?  Did someone skid on to the runway?  

43 minutes ago, Mother mopar said:
5 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:
Damn, hate hearing these stories.  The son spends a lot of time in AF aircraft. We're always just a little worried.

Where is he stationed at?

Nellis, outside Las Vegas... Livin' large on the strip...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UT_OB1 said:

That sounds like a shitty day for all involved.  And people tell me I have an irrational fear of flying... 

1 hour ago, EuroHorn said:

The landing gear collapsed during the  landing. 

Landing in Las Vegas one hot summer, the thermals dropped our 737 really hard on the runway and shook up everything & everybody.

Flight attendant nonchalantly announced on the PA.... “We’re here”.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

War is dangerous even to train for. We must remember those who fall preparing as well as those who fall in battle. They've all chosen to risk their lives for the greater good. RIP

Truth. Dean Martin’s son was killed while piloting his California ANG F-4 . Crashed into a mountain.

Just now, Armybrat said:

Landing in Las Vegas one hot summer, the thermals dropped our 737 really hard on the runway and shook up everything & everybody.

They have to cancel flight ops at PHX because it gets too hot to generate lift on take off.

24 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

They used to say it’s not the pilots fault, it’s not the planes fault. It’s the asphalt 

1 minute ago, Upgrayedd said:

They could generate lift, just didn't have that temp in the performance chart.

All I know is they shut it down and that's their story. I'm sure Julius Sumner Miller explained it once.

thumb_im-julius-sumner-miller-and-physic