My Goddamn Cellphone Doesnt Work

cmontexas

T-Mobile, Verizon and AT&T customers are experiencing issues placing calls across the US, according to user reports on Downdetector and on social media. While AT&T tells The Verge that its network is “operating normally,” T-Mobile has now confirmed that it’s working to fix “a voice and data issue that has been affecting customers around the country.”

23 minutes ago, Dewey said:

I was able to call t-mobile with my phone, I couldn't call or text anyone else. All I got was they were having technical difficulties and hung up on me

You are the 1,000,000th customer who's called to complain. I think they know the problem without your having to open another trouble ticket.

13 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

You are the 1,000,000th customer who's called to complain. I think they know the problem without your having to open another trouble ticket.

I wasn't calling to complain, I was bored and curious if my phone worked at all.

3 minutes ago, Dewey said:

I wasn't calling to complain, I was bored and curious if my phone worked at all.

you wasted your one call for the day. better hope your an earthquake doesn't strike your house so that you'll have to call your kids to tell them you left them no inheritance.

1 hour ago, RPM said:

I haven't had to hang up on any robocallers today. 

Profit?

Hey man, I've been meaning to talk to you about your car's extended warranty. 

In other news, my phone just went off like a firm alarm, I got 25+ texts in about 15 seconds.

1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

As a former IT support professional,  I disagree. Trouble tickets=$. Sure we hate you when calling but it keeps the Bill's paid.

56 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

I use Google Project Fi which swaps between Tmo and Sprint. 

I hate people and never want to talk to any so I never noticed that no one was fucking bothering me.

Same

My CEO tried to call me twice today and I was cracking on his lack of technical proficiency because I could call him.

12 hours ago, Sandman said:

Hey man, I've been meaning to talk to you about your car's extended warranty. 

In other news, my phone just went off like a firm alarm, I got 25+ texts in about 15 seconds.

What adult male gets 25+ texts during a few hour outage period? Are you a jiggalo?

11 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

What adult male gets 25+ texts during a few hour outage period? Are you a jiggalo?

I would guess a married one whose wife asked a simple question at first, he didnt immediately respond, which resulted in 2 more quick texts asking why he didnt respond... which were ignored, followed by another 20 texts over the next hour demanding he respond to her... all the way up until the point where she realized it was HER phone that wasnt working and she stopped sending them.... but the phones never forget.

and dont worry, its still his fault

Edited by AUS-97HORN
  • Like 1

Wow, crazy that Tmobile operating procedures didn't have a backup protocols to undo the network change. That is standard operating procedure for VZ, at least when I worked there. We had to use it numerous times when network changes borked the network. It was minutes of downtown and usually only affected smaller geographical areas. We never did a ginormous change for the entire network. That was a no no.

It took 6 hours of a catastrophic outage for them to fix the shit. Probably some people at TMO were just fired for this incredible shit show.