Hispanic Houston man found hanging from a tree

Pancho

This time in Houston, today I think. The other two were in California, 50 miles apart from each other. They we’re last week.

The Houston one isn’t making national news.

I really have no words.

updated title to thread - blacklab

• Like 9
  • Fuck You 9

That's all kinds of fucked up.  As horrible as it sounds, I really hope they were suicides.  Maybe there is some surveillance video from a nearby business that can shed some light on what happened. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Yeah, most people who hang themselves do it in a public place. Love how quickly these are all labeled suicides. 

BUT WHATS YOUR BASIS?!?! / John Lawrence

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 6

a real suicide with a phone call and note in the handwriting of the victim, or a riad hamad suicide where he duct tapes his eyes and tied his own hands and jump off I35 into town lake suicide?

or a jeffrey epstein suicide?

Edited by crash_davis
  • Haha 2

Just now, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Wait wat?

https://www.austinchronicle.com/news/2008-05-09/621848/

A land and water search turned up nothing more, but a little after 2pm on Wednesday, passersby on the hike-and-bike trail on the opposite (north) side of the lake, just east of the I-35 bridge, spotted a body floating near the shore. Hamad's eyes were covered in duct tape, his legs and his hands also bound – fueling Internet-amplified rumors that he had been murdered. According to a report that day by KXAN-TV news, "Park-goers who saw the body said the death did not look accidental. They said the man's face was wrapped with duct tape, and his arms appeared to be tied in front of his body."

15 minutes ago, John Lawrence said:

Basis for that?

Basis that Black people don’t hang themselves from trees if they commit suicide in the year 2020 with 3 (possibly 5) happening all within the last 2 weeks.  It’s like you people purposely choose to not use common sense. 

• Like 4
  • Fuck You 6

6 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Basis that Black people don’t hang themselves from trees if they commit suicide in the year 2020 with 3 (possibly 5) happening all within the last 2 weeks.  It’s like you people purposely choose to not use common sense. 

Glad you know so well what methods a universe of 40 million black people choose to end their  lives in 2020.  

But I’m sure we have an active cell of the KKK or Aryan Nation operating in Shady Acres.  

Edited by John Lawrence

There is video on social media of the Houston lynching.  I cannot bring myself to post it. 

I’m editing this post because the above isn’t clear:  There’s a video of the body hanging, not of the act itself. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 5

5 minutes ago, Dewey said:

Like quickly saying its a suicide?

It said apparent suicide.  Which means they will review evidence and make a final determination. It means as of right now they have no evidence of it being a murder.  Like restraints, ligature marks, defensive wounds/abrasions or other signs of a struggle.  It probably isn’t very easy to hang someone in a fucking tree in a major metro area in 2020 and not have some pretty obvious signs of a struggle or restraints.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pancho said:

There is video on social media of the Houston lynching.  I cannot bring myself to post it. 

I’m editing this post because the above isn’t clear:  There’s a video of the body hanging, not of the act itself. 

Yeah that doesn’t really do shit for how it happened.  

30 minutes ago, Pancho said:

FWIW most of the comments seem to indicate the man was hispanic. (Not that a lynching is any less horrific for any other race)  I'm sure more will come out in the next couple of days because there is no shortage of dumbfucks in the media who will use any opportunity to further divide the general population.  If it disappears and you don't hear anything more about it, it was suicide. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

1. Black men are not known for suicides

2. Black men are not know for public suicides

3. Black men do not commit suicide by hanging 

4. These were murders 

You’re a fucking idiot.  You don’t know what happened.  Neither do I.  

Are you as confident as you were about your muh Russia conspiracy you littered Longhorn football message boards with?

Edited by John Lawrence
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

1. Black men are not known for suicides

2. Black men are not know for public suicides

3. Black men do not commit suicide by hanging 

4. These were murders 

1.  Lots of people are unemployed and seeing things hopeless right now

2. Some people think they can’t go any further with life

3. Some of those people may think that even though they can’t continue, their life/death will mean something   

4.  2 birds, 1 stone.  

do I actually believe this?  No.   Is it possibly as likely as your hastily formulated ‘assertion’, yes.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pancho said:

This has nothing do to with anything.  There was no need for this.  Please stop posting in this thread. 

Fuck off.  You’re trying to do some bullshit that isn’t established.  You stop posting.  Until you get facts.  

In the event it is a lynching, I’ll be outraged too.  

Edited by John Lawrence
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 3

8 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

FWIW most of the comments seem to indicate the man was hispanic. (Not that a lynching is any less horrific for any other race)  I'm sure more will come out in the next couple of days because there is no shortage of dumbfucks in the media who will use any opportunity to further divide the general population.  If it disappears and you don't hear anything more about it, it was suicide. 

Everything I’m seeing says Black. If he was Hispanic, that still warrants outrage.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 3

Looks like its right next to the hardware/saw store on Ella.  That building has a security camera right at the corner (you can actually see it on the twitter video). If he came from the sidewalk, the parking lot or from the street the store will have footage.  If he came from the lot behind or through that field than maybe not.

11 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Everything I’m seeing says Black. If he was Hispanic, that still warrants outrage.

There are plenty of real issues to be outraged by. This doesn’t appear to be one of them. Crying wolf doesn’t help things. Quite the opposite effect. 

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Enchubben said:

They will never learn to wait until the facts come out.  They cannot do it. 

Yeah, trustworthy cops are working in shifts to get to the bottom of it. It’s like y’all have been oblivious to everything about this country for 200 years. Sometimes things are exactly as they appear.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 16

42 minutes ago, John Lawrence said:

Glad you know so well what methods a universe of 40 million black people choose to end their  lives in 2020.  

But I’m sure we have an active cell of the KKK or Aryan Nation operating in Shady Acres.  

t_8ccc721311274ff1a5830044d6da798f_name_

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Yeah, trustworthy cops are working in shifts to get to the bottom of it. It’s like y’all have been oblivious to everything about this country for 200 years. Sometimes things are exactly as they appear.

Fuck off.  You’re wrong.  Shut the fuck up and leave in shame.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

This time in Houston, today I think. The other two were in California, 50 miles apart from each other. They we’re last week.

The Houston one isn’t making national news.

I really have no words.

Negged. Be better.

• Like 6
  • Fuck You 1

Okay, so Art has just confirmed the Houston guy was White/Hispanic who had suicidal tendencies.  That is a shame, and I pray for him and his family.  

I will still keep this thread open though because of the two “suicides” in California that are very, very suspect.  

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 4