Jamel_AKA_Jamal (Music Reaction Videos)

Rip76

So these last 3 months have been pretty heavy, to say the least.

Not only with Covid, and race relations, and politics, but my brother passing, and finding out a month ago my ex- wife’s mother has terminal pancreatic cancer.  

Right now is just so fucking surreal.  So I needed something to watch that isn’t the news, social media, no sports, etc.

I can’t believe I just found out about this guy 2 weeks ago.  But these last 2 weeks this guy has given me pure joy.  He makes me smile, clap, and laugh nonstop.

When I watch him, I just remember the feeling I had when I heard these songs for the first time.

Here are a few.  (His Steely Dan and Rush reactions I like the best).  

If you’re feeling a bit overwhelmed with everything these days, watch a few clips of him each day.  I hope you enjoy as much as I have.

Edited by Rip76
  • Like 5

Man he just generally seems totally interested in everything.

And I like that when he stops the song, he’ll back it up to that point to not kill the flow.

I sat in the back yard and watch these videos for 4 hours on Sunday.  He’s calling Neil Peart “Neil,” now.

24 minutes ago, Rip76 said:

Man he just generally seems totally interested in everything.

And I like that when he stops the song, he’ll back it up to that point to not kill the flow.

I sat in the back yard and watch these videos for 4 hours on Sunday.  He’s calling Neil Peart “Neil,” now.

In the oversaturated and kinda played out medium of YouTube reactors, this dude stands out from most others I’ve seen. I can’t remember what I saw first, but it led me down a rabbit hole and I subscribed. It’s obvious that his enthusiasm to discover music that he wasn’t exposed to growing up is genuine. Always something positive to say and it’s fun to listen to these songs and see someone truly enjoy them for the first time.  Feel good viewing for heavy times. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Mach 1 said:

Has he ever reacted negatively to a song?

Looking at his catalogue he has a WIDE variety of music.   I bounced around and he seemed to even appreciate a few songs I hate.  Be interesting to see him dismiss a song as shit.

I haven’t seen that yet.  I have seen him not really get into a few, and you can tell he’s like, eh.

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

I think this whole "reaction video" thing is way played out, but at least this guy has some musicality in his soul.  Just his body movements and whatnot make it clear that he gets the groove.

So many times you can tell he knows what is coming next. He gets it.

• Like 1

On 6/17/2020 at 5:24 PM, Mach 1 said:

Has he ever reacted negatively to a song?

He knows his audience. You click because it's a song you like, and his subscribers suggest songs they like. People want to see their feelings and opinions validated. The more eager and enthusiastic, the better.

Case in point: I absolutely love "Steppin' Out," and YouTube's algorithm recommended his reaction video earlier this evening, even though I'd never heard of him or his channel. I clicked.

What's really boiling my mind right now is noticing this thread just minutes after watching his video. Life's full of coinky-dinks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...