Danny Masterson from "That 70's show" commits to Baylor

Gil Bang

Isn’t he weirdass Scientology or some shit?

Yes. Him and his siblings & half-siblings are Scientologist.
Didn't something similar to this happen with him like years ago?

Too lazy to look at charges, but the stuff a few years back were #metoo allegations from the early 00s, including the Mars Volta guys wife/gf. Assume these are finally formal charges by a few of the exes and victims.

Honestly I cannot believe how hard it is to ascertain if these are new allegations or based on previous claims.  USA Today article seems to say at least 1 is, but it’s not really clear.  I as well am not going to spend a shitload of time trying to research that, but it seems like it should be addressed in this reporting.

Tony Ortega is a former Village Voice editor who’s been writing about Scientology for a while. In 2017, he got his hands on the LAPD reports and published them on his own site. Shortly after, LAPD confirmed that they were looking into it.

https://tonyortega.org/2017/03/03/lapd-probing-scientology-and-danny-masterston-for-multiple-rapes-cover-up/

30 minutes ago, jeevsie said:

I mean, really. 99/100 pickup line: "Hi, I'm Danny Masterson.  You might remember me from such shows as That 70's Show" - Panties immediately drop.

You sort of provided why he was a rape’n. When it comes to celebrities. If you gotta tell them who you are, you probably ain’t the slice of pie you think you are.

There is a really crazy article out there about when he allegedly raped the Mars Volta guys wife. When they went to the police the Scientologist cult started really fucking with him and his wife to get him to drop the suit, like they kept murdering their dogs and all kinds of crazy stuff.

On 6/17/2020 at 10:45 PM, WBT said:

you said rape twice thrice

How is this not outside the statute of limitations?  Google says California did not eliminate the statute of limitations for rape until 2016.

Good question.

Regardless, prosecuting 15+ year-old rape cases doesn't sound like a lot of fun for the prosecution.

• 2 years later...

Danny Masterson has just been found guilty by a jury on two of the three rape counts he was facing ... with a deadlock on the third.

The "That '70s Show" actor received the guilty verdict Wednesday in Downtown Los Angeles. He was reportedly facing over 40 years for 3 counts of rape, but unclear how that'll change with only 2 of them now in play.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• Gil Bang changed the title to Danny Masterson from "That 70's show" commits to Baylor
56 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Danny Masterson has just been found guilty by a jury on two of the three rape counts he was facing ... with a deadlock on the third.

The "That '70s Show" actor received the guilty verdict Wednesday in Downtown Los Angeles. He was reportedly facing over 40 years for 3 counts of rape, but unclear how that'll change with only 2 of them now in play.

Stood next to him last week while waiting to pass through courthouse security. Dude was all smiles. 

I came up through the system with one of the DAs on the case. Great attorney.

• 3 months later...