Black Lives Matter

Hugo Stiglitz

Am I an asshole for not giving a fuck about racism in NASCAR? I mean, that's part of it, right? Isn't it like going to church and complaining about all the god talk? It's a big reason I don't give a fuck about watching cars drive in circles for 4 hours. Like hating ou not just for who they are but also because of their trash fans.

Edited by 'stache

Well, roll fucking tide.

And motherfuckers, I'll tell you this....when you've got the faces of Bama football telling you that all lives can't matter until black lives matter, you've fucking lost.  Take your all lives matter, and what about Chicago, and all your other bullshit, and shove it up your ass as you plummet into the dustbin of history, destined to be only an embarrassment to your descendants.

• Like 5

And also, someone linked this elsewhere around here, I just can't find it....it's a pretty fucking well done song and video.  The juxtaposition of little Ruby Bridges and that adorable, and angry, little black girl marching a couple of weeks ago....goddamn.

Yeah, it makes me want to run through a fucking wall.  We are a people of revolution.  We are a people of change.  We are a people who can and goddamned will demand better.  Not all of us.  A lot of us are shitty.  But a lot of us aren't.  A lot of us will fight to fix the broken shit.  Not all of us.  But maybe enough.

• Like 2

A friend told me there is a 2015 video that surfaced of Patrisse Cullors stating that’s she’s a Marxist.

“We actually do have an ideological frame. Myself and Alicia in particular, we're trained organizers. We are trained Marxists. We are super versed on ideological theories."

I can only find quotes but not the video. Anyone see this?

26 minutes ago, William_Cannon said:

A friend told me there is a 2015 video that surfaced of Patrisse Cullors stating that’s she’s a Marxist.

“We actually do have an ideological frame. Myself and Alicia in particular, we're trained organizers. We are trained Marxists. We are super versed on ideological theories."

I can only find quotes but not the video. Anyone see this?

Just got in from the ongoing Occupy City Hall Protest. My friend that I went with was pretty tired and she wanted some sleep before we go back there later today and then to another protest after that. She has a poem she wrote that she wants to read at the protests we go to, but she keeps worrying people won't understand her English well enough to know what she is saying so I am helping her with some of her pronunciations because I really want her to be able to share what she wrote. She's from Brazil and she has been protesting there as well. If she'll allow me to I will post her poem here at some point. 

If y'all are able to protest where you live get out and do it. You have no idea just how much these black men and women appreciate the show of support. I told someone this the other day about why I keep going each day and one reason is that leaders will come out of this movement that will get into government and they'll be able to change how our money is spent and where it is spent. The more we all show up and help to give people more confidence to keep speaking and grow into being the leader they are supposed to be the better our society is going to be. It is a sacrifice to take several hours out of your day where you could be doing something else. I think it is a sacrifice we all should make though if we can because this movement is just so damned important for the future of this country.

Edited by UpperWestside
  • Like 6

This is from last night. This is what you are supporting when you attend these protests and rallies. You are empowering a new generation of voices like this young woman. I am going to try to get these videos uploaded to Youtube because I have heard some really powerful messages that we could all benefit from hearing I believe.

IMG_4111.MOV

Edited by UpperWestside
  • Like 1

This is Jamel Floyd’s father. We are protesting in front of the prison in Brooklyn where his son was killed three weeks ago by corrections officers. He was eligible for parole in October. Take a good look at that poster his father is holding. Look at those pictures. No parent should ever fucking have to hold up those pictures of their son looking like that. I just listened to his dad pour out anger and grief for about 15 minutes over never getting to see his son ever again. It was sad, but powerful.

4ADCBE12-1505-4341-9047-75957989E88B.jpeg

Edited by UpperWestside
  • Like 2

On 6/19/2020 at 9:21 AM, Brisketexan said:

Just a note for the readers.  In this thread, we see BLM being criticized as a movement for 1) making it all about black lives only, and 2) making it about things OTHER than black lives.

In short -- black people are damned if they do, damned if they don't.

But according to this guy, black people are not involved with BLM, it's apparently really just another Soros funded globalization plot.    This came to my attention because it ran front page on our east texas local weekly rag that probably prints 2000 papers a week max.  But this crap is what's filling the heads of lots of rural rubes.  

The shit this guy writes is a prime example of what I was speaking of in the Trump thread.   Here is a black guy who is ignoring the injustices and inequalities done over centuries to black americans.  Instead he repeatedly points out how it's their fault, they are just too lazy to overcome the canted playing field and make it out of the squalor that decades of oppression has built in our country for blacks.

No, I guess they should be like him and Diamond and Silk and sell out, start propping up the continued oppression of the blacks by writing this garbage.  Wypipo will pay good for token blacks to carry their banner.   He also wrote a piece on how COVID was a hoax when that was starting, so it's an apparent pattern of pandering to the trumpists.  

http://tmp.americanthinker.com/articles/2020/06/the_black_lives_matter_movement_is_the_enemy_of_africanamericans.html

The Black Lives Matter Movement is the Enemy of African-Americans

The first thing that I have to say is that I am an African-American man living in the Minneapolis area.  I have to state this now; otherwise, I would probably be called a racist.

Most people think Black Lives Matter is a grassroots, black-created, black-run organization dedicated to fighting racism.  It most certainly is not.  The Black Lives Matter movement is the creation of a group of a few very wealthy individuals, non-profit corporations, and the corporate media.  (Incidentally, 90% of the U.S. media is controlled by only six corporations.)

The official Black Lives Matter website, BlackLivesMatter.com, states that Black Lives Matter is a global network foundation that is active in the U.S., the U.K., and Canada.  A global network!

Who funds Black Lives Matter?  It's funded by billionaires George Soros (Open Society Foundation), Rob McKay (Taco Bell heir), the Ford Foundation, the Borealis Philanthropy, the Democracy Alliance, and many others.  Not exactly what I would call a black-run grassroots organization.  If these facts alone don't cause you to rethink the whole Black Lives Matter thing, then you just aren't paying attention.  Check out the links here and here.

Black Lives Matter began in 2013 when the media suddenly started focusing a tremendous amount of attention on what they portrayed as the rise of unjustified, racially motivated killings of African-American men by white police officers.  That's the way that the media portrayed it, but the facts say otherwise.

Are police shootings of African-American men on the rise?  No, they are not.  In fact, they are on the decline.  According to the Juvenile and Criminal Justice Report, the rate of police killings of African-Americans has fallen by 70% over the last 40–50 years.

Are white racist police the biggest murderers of African-Americans?  No, far from it.  The Black Lives Matter–media cabal is demonizing the police and portraying them as our number-one foe, but the facts once again say otherwise.

According to the FBI Uniform Crime Report, 2,925 African-Americans were murdered in 2018.  Eighty-nine percent of them (2,600) were murdered by other African-Americans.  That same year, 209 African-Americans (7%) were killed by the police (justified or otherwise).

So let's do the math here: 2,600 African-Americans killed by other African-Americans and 209 killed by the police (justified or otherwise).  So who is killing African-Americans?  Other African-Americans.  But whom do the media put all of their focus on?  The "white racist" police.

This media-produced false narrative reached its pinnacle with the death of George Floyd.  The media have practically deified him.  He's in nationwide TV commercials, online ads, public service announcements.  He's on billboards.  (We are talking millions of dollars in advertising.  Who's paying for this?)  His image is graffitied on buildings, businesses, and walls from coast to coast.  He's on national magazine covers.  This list goes on and on.  Hundreds attended his memorial service and funeral, which included Al Sharpton (surprise!), the governor of Minnesota, the mayor of Minneapolis, and many big-name celebrities.

So who is this George Floyd?  Is he some great civil rights leader?  No — he was a violent career criminal with a long criminal record.

George Floyd was released from prison in Houston, Texas in 2014 following an arrest for aggravated robbery.  He had been in jail at least five other times.  His arrest record included theft, drug possession, and criminal trespass.  He was also the leader of a home invasion ring.  They entered a woman's home, and Floyd threatened to kill her by pointing a gun at her stomach while they ransacked the place looking for drugs and money.  (Check out the link to his criminal record.)

Nice guy, huh?  And this is the one that the Black Lives Matter–media cabal is using as its international poster boy.  A violent career criminal.  Well, at least you can't say they don't have a sense of humor.

The Black Lives Matter–media cabal is not what it makes itself out to be.  It is a wolf in sheep's clothing.  They pretend to be the liberal friends of African-Americans, but in reality, they are their mortal enemies.  The policies that they so aggressively push cause nothing but more damage to the African-American community.

Under the guise of eliminating racism, they push a policy to "Defund the Police."  This is right on the front of the Black Lives Matter website.

Under the guise of eliminating racism, they push a policy that they call "Stop The Mass Incarcerations."  This is a policy that promotes the release of prison inmates before their time is up and putting them back on the street.

Under the guise of eliminating racism, they push for the decriminalization of drug offenses and the immediate pardon of all of them existing, with reparations paid to those convicted.

So sum this up.  In the African-American community, where there is the highest crime rate and the biggest problems with drug abuse, they push to release the inmates from prison and put them back on the streets, let drug use and drug-dealing run wild, and then take away the police.  What do you think the outcome of these policies will produce?  More crime and drug abuse in the African-American community.  High crime and drug areas minus police equals hell — easy math.  Policies that promote more crime and drug abuse in the black community are what I call anti-black policies.  These guys make the KKK look like angels by comparison.

What we are seeing happening in the world right now under the guise of "eliminating racism" —  the destabilization of society, the protest, rioting, looting, burning, and killing — is not a mass of spontaneous grassroots events.  It's all thoroughly coordinated by those at the top of the Black Lives Matter–media cabal.  They are indeed the enemy of African-Americans, but they are actually the enemy of us all.  African-Americans are just being used as cannon fodder in their game of global domination. 

Leslie Taha is an African-American  writer, author, artist, and former guest columnist for the Tacoma Tribune.  He is the author of the book The Architects of Rap, and he runs the website, "NewAfricaRadio.com."  lestaha@gmail.com

8 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

But according to this guy, black people are not involved with BLM, it's apparently really just another Soros funded globalization plot.    This came to my attention because it ran front page on our east texas local weekly rag that probably prints 2000 papers a week max.  But this crap is what's filling the heads of lots of rural rubes.  

The shit this guy writes is a prime example of what I was speaking of in the Trump thread.   Here is a black guy who is ignoring the injustices and inequalities done over centuries to black americans.  Instead he repeatedly points out how it's their fault, they are just too lazy to overcome the canted playing field and make it out of the squalor that decades of oppression has built in our country for blacks.

No, I guess they should be like him and Diamond and Silk and sell out, start propping up the continued oppression of the blacks by writing this garbage.  Wypipo will pay good for token blacks to carry their banner.   He also wrote a piece on how COVID was a hoax when that was starting, so it's an apparent pattern of pandering to the trumpists.  

http://tmp.americanthinker.com/articles/2020/06/the_black_lives_matter_movement_is_the_enemy_of_africanamericans.html

That guy was a beatdown to read. How much does it cost to get something accurate printed in your local paper about this movement?

Edited by UpperWestside

So I’ve been keeping up with this thread for a while but have a point of confusion that I’m hoping upper westside can help me with. He says he has a Brazilian girl he’s hanging out with but I haven’t been able to see any of the pics on my end. Maybe a technology issue?

7 hours ago, LABEVO said:

How I imagine the 2A posters look....

With that kinda cash, you think he would have bought an upgrade in the spousal department.  

Maybe she was the trophy wife actually.  

10 hours ago, LABEVO said:

How I imagine the 2A posters look....

Apparently all that money and they go with a house that looks like a federal reserve building or an upscale jewelry store? Their taste in homes was set early in life while watching Beverly hillbillies reruns.

When you see the guys playing army, covered in tactical gear to go to Starbucks, you think that you would never see a worse display of people and guns. Then Harvey and carol step outside when the March disturbs their martini happy hour. The only thing missing is a chihuahua running around them.

2 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

It still is.

And perhaps more to the point, if someone had drawn down and shot these two idiots, it would've been 100% justifiable homicide. 

In some circles, an African American walking down a public street is grounds for murdering them. Ken looks ready to act on that thought if someone from the march takes one step in his direction.

4 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

lol that couple shares very little in common with the average white Republican voter.  That couple probably looks down on them as vestigial, uneducated louses just like the people on this forum do.

• Fuck You 1

On 6/28/2020 at 11:04 PM, UpperWestside said:

I saw it in the theatre when it came out. It was and is a brilliant work of film. I would recommend everyone watch it.

Some things I took away from the film:

Blacks and whites never had a shared reality in America and white America is mostly oblivious to this.  

The idea that Blacks are the ones that need to do better is ludicrous.  White America is in denial of their own oppression because if they acknowledge “Black lives matter” they will be forced to do something about it. 

Like in the DT thread about Black men found hanging from a tree and declaring them suicides.  The almost instantaneous and instinctive rejection by the usual suspects of the notion that they were not suicides, but murders.  White America needs to believe they were suicides because the alternative is a horrific indictment on white society that would require an uncomfortable reckoning.  As if a suicide isn’t also a damning indictment on American society. 

White America knows so little about the Black experience b/c they never felt the need to while Blacks know a whole lot about whites b/c they have to, for survival.  

Heavy stuff.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

“He was a victim twice,” Irons said. “A victim once by the person who burglarized his home and assaulted him. And he was a victim of the police who manipulated him into identifying me.”

“I would extend my hand in peace to him. I want to dialogue with him. If he wanted to go for dinner, I would start there.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/01/sports/basketball/maya-moore-jonathan-irons-freed.html

• Like 1

On 6/19/2020 at 7:11 PM, F250 said:

I've read of a number of cities and states considering local criminal justice reform which is really where a lot of the police violence needs to be addressed but what about a National Criminal Justice Reform act?

Bernie and Warren were the only candidates with decent CJR plans while everyone else's sucked ass. Are there any Democrats in the Senate trying to champion a significant CJR plan?

I don't expect Biden to do shit but maybe someone in the Senate (Sanders- Warren) can pick up the cause.

As facially appealing as a national criminal justice reform act might seem, the affected entities are state and local, and I think is the wrong way to go about it.  It's too one-size-fits-all.

Now, that said, the feds can change a lot of funding programs in such a way as to incentivize or coerce state and local entities to do the right thing.  They are very dependent on federal money.

Of course the feds operate their own criminal justice system that is in serious need of reform, but it's a more judicial and prosecutorial thing than law-enforcement.  The FBI commits a fair number of civil rights atrocities, but they usually don't involve beating and killing people.

On 6/29/2020 at 12:20 PM, Fozzz said:

lol that couple shares very little in common with the average white Republican voter.  That couple probably looks down on them as vestigial, uneducated louses just like the people on this forum do.

Being fearful twats is very much a #bothsides problem.  A lot of liberal types might restrain themselves from being fearful twats on specific people of color, but as far as being fearful twats in relation to an abstract criminal class, they share the gold medal with everyone else.