Black Lives Matter

Hugo Stiglitz

16 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Bro, you have no idea what you are saying. Do you not understand that there are things that White America, especially ultra conservative White America cannot say for fear of being labelled a racist? They have to dance around their words. The things that Candace Parker says are things that people have been dying to say. That is what makes her so popular. A white conservative can just share her rants and get their point across without having to utter a word. That is something all the other talking heads cannot do. There is a level of validation that she provides as well, because she is Black.

Far as I can tell, Candace has only been around about four years. I'm fairly certain the ultra white cons were saying those things before she came along. And if she dropped out of politics tomorrow, they would still be comfortable in saying those things. But if you think she caused all that, you do you. 

Now if you want to call her a grifter and compromised then go right at ahead. She was a failed liberal before she became a 'conservative'. 

10 hours ago, slorch said:

Incorrect.  pretty much everyone who knows me knows that i don't care for Trump.

They also know I hate the charade the dems are going through with Propped up Joe.   It isn't illogical to dislike both.   Not by a fucking longshot.

It isn't illogical to dislike both. Most people don't care for Biden, either. However, it is extremely illogical to vote 3rd party (or not vote) in America. You can say it's not a binary choice, but it is because it is completely and utterly impossible for anyone that is not a Democratic or Republican nominee to win the Presidency, therefore not voting (or voting 3rd party) is effectively a vote in favor of the incumbent.

1 hour ago, Brothahorn said:

Not ignoring you, just don’t care enough to explain it to you. They know who they are. And the damage they cause.

They may know who they are but we don’t which is why we are asking you to explain who the “compromised negroes” are. I guess until you answer the question I’ll just assume it’s you. 

Black passenger in a car with tail light out rightfully tells cops he doesn't have to show any ID without cause.

BING! BANG! BONG!

https://newsone.com/4013363/georgia-police-brutality-video-unarmed-black-man/

Fuck you, you John Wayne-a-be, Tyranny-opposing Patriots. 

We all knew you were dork LARP-ing fucksticks the whole time. 

16 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

It isn't illogical to dislike both. Most people don't care for Biden, either. However, it is extremely illogical to vote 3rd party (or not vote) in America. You can say it's not a binary choice, but it is because it is completely and utterly impossible for anyone that is not a Democratic or Republican nominee to win the Presidency

This type of logic, viewing the election as a forced choice between the lesser of two evils, kept many Republicans in the fold in 2016 and probably was enough to give Trump the edge in a few tightly contested states, ultimately resulting in his election. In polls prior to the election, 1/3 of people who identified themselves as Trump voters said that they were mainly voting for him because he was not Clinton. A similar amount who were voting for HRC said the same, they were mainly voting against Trump. This is the insanity of the system. People who cast their vote for individuals who reflect their policy perspectives are not the problem. The people who are locked into casting negative votes because they can't detach from the dysfunctional and entrenched two party system are the problem imo.   

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

It isn't illogical to dislike both. Most people don't care for Biden, either. However, it is extremely illogical to vote 3rd party (or not vote) in America. You can say it's not a binary choice, but it is because it is completely and utterly impossible for anyone that is not a Democratic or Republican nominee to win the Presidency, therefore not voting (or voting 3rd party) is effectively a vote in favor of the incumbent.

So i have the freedom to vote, but it needs to be only for the candidates you prescribe.

Damn, bro.  That suppression shit is easier than you thought...

Edited by slorch

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

Oh, and I'd like to see the math on this one.  How does a 3rd party vote effectively favor the incumbent?

Man I'm really not sure, I had it explained to me several years ago at a dinner by a friend of mine that has worked for multiple presidential campaigns, but I think I'd just sound like an idiot if I tried to explain it. 

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

This type of logic, viewing the election as a forced choice between the lesser of two evils, kept many Republicans in the fold in 2016 and probably was enough to give Trump the edge in a few tightly contested states, ultimately resulting in his election. In polls prior to the election, 1/3 of people who identified themselves as Trump voters said that they were mainly voting for him because he was not Clinton. A similar amount who were voting for HRC said the same, they were mainly voting against Trump. This is the insanity of the system. People who cast their vote for individuals who reflect their policy perspectives are not the problem. The people who are locked into casting negative votes because they can't detach from the dysfunctional and entrenched two party system are the problem imo.   

50 minutes ago, slorch said:

So i have the freedom to vote, but it needs to be only for the candidates you prescribe.

Damn, bro.  That suppression shit is easier than you thought...

All I'm saying is the electoral college system is so badly skewed in favor of R/N candidates (seriously, go read about the hurdles a 3rd party candidate must overcome to compete in a level playing field, it's really obnoxious and effectively impossible for them to do so) that a vote for a 3rd party candidate is effectively no vote at all, or worse.

Of course you're free to do whatever the fuck you want, but we live within a certain reality that is extremely unlikely to change.

It seems as though a small group of dudes (maybe 6?) were the ones talking shit.  Weird thing to be protesting about but also lazy media (random people with blue check on twitter) automatically labeling these fools "BLM protestors" and just fanning flames.  Of course idiot in chief will probably begin retweeting those claims as well as something like "Look at Joe Biden's America".  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, CowboyFred said:

It seems as though a small group of dudes (maybe 6?) were the ones talking shit.  Weird thing to be protesting about but also lazy media (random people with blue check on twitter) automatically labeling these fools "BLM protestors" and just fanning flames.  Of course idiot in chief will probably begin retweeting those claims as well as something like "Look at Joe Biden's America".  

Here’s from the local news there. Unless you don’t believe the Reverend. 

• Fuck You 2

15 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Here’s from the local news there. Unless you don’t believe the Reverend. 

I don't think people are denying that protestors were there, but I watched the video and the clergyman never said BLM that I heard. He just referred to protestors in general. Do you think anyone protesting is a BLM person and represents them?

18 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I don't think people are denying that protestors were there, but I watched the video and the clergyman never said BLM that I heard. He just referred to protestors in general. Do you think anyone protesting is a BLM person and represents them?

No he didn’t name BLM specifically, but let’s be honest. What group of people would be yelling these things at a hospital, attempting to storm an ER? Outside of people affiliated with BLM, maybe straight up anarchists or the dreaded Antifa?

In any case, the assassination attempt on the sheriffs is pretty clearly connected to police brutality and resulting BLM protests/messaging. This is the kind of thing that ends up happening when people like LeBron say nonsense like black people are literally hunted every time they leave their homes. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 6

5 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

No he didn’t name BLM specifically, but let’s be honest. What group of people would be yelling these things at a hospital, attempting to storm an ER? Outside of people affiliated with BLM, maybe straight up anarchists or the dreaded Antifa?

In any case, the assassination attempt on the sheriffs is pretty clearly connected to police brutality and resulting BLM protests/messaging. This is the kind of thing that ends up happening when people like LeBron say nonsense like black people are literally hunted every time they leave their homes. 

Oh so you are doing that fascism thing?

And a clergyman isn’t exactly the person I would chose as my reputable source unless he’s telling us how to get away with fucking kids. That guy is probably a pedo. I mean what other group of people are pedos outside of people affiliated with the church? In any case he clearly fucks kids. 

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Oh so you are doing that fascism thing?

Of course he did.

The current collapse of social order and peace has nothing to do with police consistently and arrogantly abusing people and violating the law with minimal repercussions for decades. Nope. The problem is them uppity...well, you know.
  • Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

The only principle that the GOP has that ties them all together right now is the fear of others. So of course any protestor is immediately assumed to be the currently most feared specific other. The psychology is sad but easily understood. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Of course he did.

The current collapse of social order and peace has nothing to do with police consistently and arrogantly abusing people and violating the law with minimal repercussions for decades. Nope. The problem is them uppity...well, you know.

I do not condone killing police. It is not constructive, at all. Anyone who attempts to use the BLM Movement to propagate violence needs to receive some help from a trained professional and needs some time away from society in order to get help. Short of that we as human beings need to recognize folks who have violent tendencies and get mental health professionals involved so lives are not senselessly taken. You can’t do an eye for an eye and expect to get the societal change that most of the country would like to see. The example John Lewis set with his life and beliefs is the one I follow. 

However, I saw Dotard use the word ANIMALS in connection with the video of the shooting. He’s one step closer to saying the n word. We all know what calling people animals implies. Get ready to watch an escalation in violence towards black people because of it. He gave the cult the dog whistle they needed to use deadly force and now he has footage to fire them up with. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Of course he did.

Who are you implying is “uppity” in my eyes?

• Fuck You 1

40 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Trump and your fake persona are the animals here.

• Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

A group of people like yourself?

9 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

I do not condone killing police. It is not constructive, at all. Anyone who attempts to use the BLM Movement to propagate violence needs to receive some help from a trained professional and needs some time away from society in order to get help. Short of that we as human beings need to recognize folks who have violent tendencies and get mental health professionals involved so lives are not senselessly taken. You can’t do an eye for an eye and expect to get the societal change that most of the country would like to see. The example John Lewis set with his life and beliefs is the one I follow.

I don't condone what the perpetrator of the shooting did either. But we don't really know who did it or why.

We will really know we've arrived as a country when the Proud Boys start doing like the other terrorists (such as Hamas) they seek to emulate do and claim responsibility for their terrorism instead of covering up their license plates or mixing it up socially with the police as a cover.

I agree that BLM should follow the example of John Lewis and in many cases they are, but the social media "journalists" and some LEO agencies with the other agenda makes it difficult for BLM to stand apart because those other "journalists" and operators don't necessarily want to provide footage that contradicts to what GRHorn is referring. And why would they? It would destroy the narrative that most black Americans, rich or poor,  want equal justice under the law and not to take your women and children.

57 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

@Lhorn

tenor.gif

11 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

However, I saw Dotard use the word ANIMALS in connection with the video of the shooting. He’s one step closer to saying the n word. We all know what calling people animals implies. Get ready to watch an escalation in violence towards black people because of it. He gave the cult the dog whistle they needed to use deadly force and now he has footage to fire them up with. 

/Chris Rock/ I don't condone it, but I understand /Chris Rock/

14 hours ago, GRHorn said:

In any case, the assassination attempt on the sheriffs is pretty clearly connected to police brutality and resulting BLM protest

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-06-17/far-right-boogaloo-boys-linked-to-killing-of-california-lawmen-other-violence

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/28/us/umbrella-man-associated-white-supremacist-group-george-floyd/index.html

https://time.com/5597843/central-park-five-trump-history/

I don't know who it is, but we have a judicial system for a reason.

It's been mentioned on this website thousands of times as to why Black people backed Biden while knowing full well that he wasn't the best candidate of the group.  Instead of constantly asking a question that's been answered numerous times, you should do more research first.  But it's not even about doing research, it's also about just having basic common sense. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

It's been mentioned on this website thousands of times as to why Black people backed Biden while knowing full well that he wasn't the best candidate of the group.  Instead of constantly asking a question that's been answered numerous times, you should do more research first.  But it's not even about doing research, it's also about just having basic common sense. 

It's not that common.

On 9/13/2020 at 5:09 PM, Mrs Whiggins said:

16 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

• Fuck You 2

7 hours ago, GRHorn said:

He (Kevin Wharton Price) is the leader of Africa Town Coalition. That is not the same group as BLM. He even states it explicitly on his YouTube Channel:

HOW THE HOOD REALLY FEELS. My response to white supremacist's on 4 Chan, racist twitter, EXECUTIONER SHERIFF GANG, ATC is not BLM, Africa Town Coalition is a Black Power Organization that serves the community with Honor and Compassion. WE ARE GRASSROOTS!!

That is not BLM. Can you at least do a little research instead of waiting for someone else to do it for you? Tucker's Fox chryon is wrong, but Tucker does not care. Stop letting him corral you into a box.

Here is Kevin Wharton Price's ATC channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz_0gGXqd48

One should not treat all groups of people as the same organization with the same goals, especially right now. I try not to. Otherwise, you are in danger of being grouped with the deliberately obtuse white men group and I can no longer engage with you.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 9/13/2020 at 6:12 PM, UpperWestside said:

Also note the plural.  He is extrapolating one animal into an entire, specious group of animalS.  The you-know-who.

I was watching Axios last night on HBO and they had a think about Trump boaters at Lake of the Ozarks.  They were all olds, 60+, and white, of course.  They ran out the usual defenses of Trump.  But one old dude said basically, I'm afraid, I've never been so afraid in all my life.  He was not a small or timid-looking man.  

IOW, I was right. All you are doing is toeing the party line. Because the party said so. Thanks for being half ass honest.

3 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Also note the plural.  He is extrapolating one animal into an entire, specious group of animalS.  The you-know-who.

I was watching Axios last night on HBO and they had a think about Trump boaters at Lake of the Ozarks.  They were all olds, 60+, and white, of course.  They ran out the usual defenses of Trump.  But one old dude said basically, I'm afraid, I've never been so afraid in all my life.  He was not a small or timid-looking man.  

He is absolutely giving the signal to commit violence against “The-you-know-who.” 

The fear quotient is a direct result of messaging from Dotard. He has repeated the same lie so many times that the person you saw on that show has bought the fear. That irrational fear of the others will drive every decision that man makes. There are millions more like him. I do not believe that to be an exaggeration. The messaging worked. I don’t want to use words to describe what we are seeing as something that causes me fear because it does not. I do have a genuine concern that this many of our fellow citizens hear his message of hate, fear and racism and either feel compelled to load up on weapons or feel fearful of this group that is coming for them even though this is not reality. It is not going to be easy to help these folks out.

There’s a small coffee place in Harlem I really like called Lenox Coffee on 129th. It’s local and the people who work there are always really pleasant. I wasn’t paying attention that my jacket was unzipped and it showed the shirt I am wearing that I am sure many of y’all have seen that says “Arrest the Cops Who Killed Breonna Taylor.” It has her picture on the back and says “Say Her Name” The woman making my coffee saw the front of my shirt and put their sign back out front (Getting close to closing time). She said I should call the number so I did and left a message like I am sure thousands and thousands of other people have. The frustration with this case is so widespread. It’s embarrassing that these cops have still not been arrested. 

8E6AAE87-9E1F-4D41-96C5-26CF175FF1F1.jpeg

Edited by UpperWestside

22 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

IOW, I was right. All you are doing is toeing the party line. Because the party said so. Thanks for being half ass honest.

That's a pretty lazy take, particularly in this political climate. Even if you are a conservative Black Man, it's pretty damn hard to sign the ballot for a guy who has made it pretty damned clear that he is not in support of you or your people, and is making it pretty damn clear through the usual coded speak to his followers. No republican has gone this far in on Black and Hispanic people. Not Reagan. Not even Nixon. Not only that, but I am not sure the country can handle 4 more years of his fear mongering.

That's a pretty lazy take, particularly in this political climate. Even if you are a conservative Black Man, it's pretty damn hard to sign the ballot for a guy who has made it pretty damned clear that he is not in support of you or your people, and is making it pretty damn clear through the usual coded speak to his followers. No republican has gone this far in on Black and Hispanic people. Not Reagan. Not even Nixon. Not only that, but I am not sure the country can handle 4 more years of his fear mongering.

You know what’s really lazy? Going with the status quo when you had 10 other options. Lazy is thinking that after 40 years of the same BS, this time it will be different. Lazy is trading one pound of shit in for the same pound of shit, with nicer packaging. Lazy is repeating the party because you got nothing substantial.

1 hour ago, Brothahorn said:

You know what’s really lazy? Going with the status quo when you had 10 other options. Lazy is thinking that after 40 years of the same BS, this time it will be different. Lazy is trading one pound of shit in for the same pound of shit, with nicer packaging. Lazy is repeating the party because you got nothing substantial.

What are you talking about? Lol. In my coherent lifetime I've had Reagan, Bush Sr, The Clinton's(who were trying to fight fire with fire and that's how they got elected), Jr, Obama, and this dude in the office now. That's 24 years of Republicans, 8 years of a Democrat trying to appeal to the South by running a Southern Strategy, Republican style platform, and Obama. So if anything I realized that the "tough on crime, protect snowflakes in the suburbs" bullshit is the "repetition" that I don't want. I have seen what that has done for me over all these years. Amplify that by the fear mongering this clown we currently have is tossing out there and I damn sure don't want any 4 years of this.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2