Black Lives Matter

Hugo Stiglitz

What are you talking about? Lol. In my coherent lifetime I've had Reagan, Bush Sr, The Clinton's(who were trying to fight fire with fire and that's how they got elected), Jr, Obama, and this dude in the office now. That's 24 years of Republicans, 8 years of a Democrat trying to appeal to the South by running a Southern Strategy, Republican style platform, and Obama. So if anything I realized that the "tough on crime, protect snowflakes in the suburbs" bullshit is the "repetition" that I don't want. I have seen what that has done for me over all these years. Amplify that by the fear mongering this clown we currently have is tossing out there and I damn sure don't want any 4 years of this.

just wanted to say its been dope havin’ another brotha around these parts. especially when brothahorn starts talkin’ his bullshit.

The answer to the question "do black lives matter?" is repeatedly a resounding "no."

I'll note that the problem with this outcome is NOT that the system failed -- the problem is that this is the system WORKING AS DESIGNED.  The system creates incredible power and protection for law enforcement, at the expense of the people, particularly the weakest/most vulnerable people.....who, in our society, is a group that is heavily populated by minorities.

This IS justice -- American justice, as designed.  And that truth is an INJUSTICE.  And it's why people are going to be enraged.  We repeatedly design and enforce a system that fucks the people over.  Rage is the most human of responses to that.  It will not be targeted, focused, or rational.  But it is 100% predictable, and entirely provoked.

This sucks.  We should fix it.  But we refuse to.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Just now, sachick said:

Do these middle of the night, barging in warrants happen in Texas? Can’t imagine that a Texan wouldn’t start firing on anyone coming in all crazy in the middle of the night.

You'd think that this fact pattern would resonate with the castle doctrine / "If someone steps into mah house at night, Ima fill 'em full of lead" types.  I mean, if you don't hear the police announcing themselves (or the police just lie about it), you're dead and your family is shit outta luck.  You'd think they'd be crying about "her FreEdUmS!", wouldn't ya?  I guess as long as the no-knock warrants are only granted in low-income, minority areas, nothing to worry about ...

28 minutes ago, sachick said:

Do these middle of the night, barging in warrants happen in Texas? Can’t imagine that a Texan wouldn’t start firing on anyone coming in all crazy in the middle of the night.

that's exactly what happens.

best friends' son is sitting in TDCJ for exactly this. 

http://specials.mystatesman.com/no-knock-warrants/

i always feel like emphasizing that they watched the home for several weeks and saw him LEAVE FOR HIGH SCHOOL every morning at the same time... and they still did a full scale assault no-knock pre-dawn raid.

Edited by mchookem

15 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

That’s not ok, under any circumstances outside of a rogue cop trying to kill you.  It doesn’t further the cause or effect change, regardless how upset you are at the current circumstances. Nothing good is going to come to any of this.  

And it’s got the DT crowd spun up in a frenzy accusing brisket of being a Marxist, blaming all of this on the protestors while ignoring the circumstances that lead to this rage in the first place.  This is just all-around horrible with real people and police having their lives irreparably shattered...the shooting/looting/riots are absolutely in the wrong for how they’re responding but with essentially monthly reminders that the police are rarely held accountable mixed with an emboldened ‘militia’ culture, completely ignoring why they are so upset is going to lead us nowhere.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Homercles said:

That’s not ok, under any circumstances outside of a rogue cop trying to kill you.  It doesn’t further the cause or effect change, regardless how upset you are at the current circumstances. Nothing good is going to come to any of this.  

And it’s got the DT crowd spun up in a frenzy accusing brisket of being a Marxist, blaming all of this on the protestors while ignoring the circumstances that lead to this rage in the first place.  This is just all-around horrible with real people and police having their lives irreparably shattered...the shooting/looting/riots are absolutely in the wrong for how they’re responding but with essentially monthly reminders that the police are rarely held accountable mixed with an emboldened ‘militia’ culture, completely ignoring why they are so upset is going to lead us nowhere.  

I disagree. They are right. They are just mobbing the wrong place. You head to palace and hang the mother fuckers in it. 

Edited by Dahobbs
Edit: mostly said in jest. I generally agree with the post.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I hear ya but street justice is just going to get more innocent people hurt or killed, get folded into the general pile of ‘BLM are violent anarchists’, further embolden Trump and his admin to send in the guard, and a phalanx of Proud Boys will descend into Louisville.  

It’s a good thing Mitch McConnell is such an unbiased, even leader who will release a statement that calms the situation for Kentucky. I’ve been waiting for a measured, thoughtful response from his staff.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Nothing good is going to come of this tonight.

We keep doing awful things, and perpetuating awful systems...leading to the same outcome over and over and over.

It’s a merry go round of shit, and it only spins faster.

What would justice have looked like to you in the Breonna Taylor case?

1 minute ago, Buzzrock said:

What would justice have looked like to you in the Breonna Taylor case?

Let's see. Police say they knocked, also checked no to forcefully entering the home or wearing body cams. Crime scene photos then show both the battering ram at the front door, plus the body cams that they were supposed to not have. However, we took their word based on the ideology that police are robots who somehow are incapable of lying through programming, and therefore must be taken as fact, even when said information determines whether or not they face prosecution and a civil suit.

Just would be to look at all the physical evidence and consider that maybe the police were being dishonest. Consider that defense of one's home when you here the sound of the front door being kicked in is within the rights of your citizenship. Consider that the police escalated a situation when there were other alternatives. For example, wait until the subject walks out to head to work to search the house. If they are carrying something, detain them. If not, it must be in the house so search it.

18 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Nothing good is going to come of this tonight.

We keep doing awful things, and perpetuating awful systems...leading to the same outcome over and over and over.

It’s a merry go round of shit, and it only spins faster.

Day one of the Joe Biden administration needs to involve cutting off all federal funding to that backwards and racist cesspool of a state. If going in guns blazing and shooting and killing a black woman in her sleep is not enough to get murder indictments that state doesn’t deserve to have a single dime over what they take in. Let’s see how long it would take to get those indictments going when you take away the millions upon millions the money making states have to give to keep them afloat.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Jive Turkey said:

I don’t condone violence in response to violence, but here we are. This is a really sad indictment of what we are right now as a country that people are so angry over police not being held accountable for murder that now we have police getting shot. It does not solve a thing and I think the guy I look up to the most on this, John Lewis, would say he does not condone this behavior and would not want to see officers get shot, but that he would understand the rage people are feeling, even if it is misplaced. We are on the precipice of widespread chaos and we seem content to keep stoking the flames. No words really can be adequate to say what I think of today’s decision.

5 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

I don’t condone violence in response to violence, but here we are. This is a really sad indictment of what we are right now as a country that people are so angry over police not being held accountable for murder that now we have police getting shot. It does not solve a thing and I think the guy I look up to the most on this, John Lewis, would say he does not condone this behavior and would not want to see officers get shot, but that he would understand the rage people are feeling, even if it is misplaced. We are on the precipice of widespread chaos and we seem content to keep stoking the flames. No words really can be adequate to say what I think of today’s decision.

For us Blacks this was par for the course. This is how it always is and always has been. Our lives are not important, and our rights are not important enough to fight for. Acceptance is the word for our culture.

11 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

For us Blacks this was par for the course. This is how it always is and always has been. Our lives are not important, and our rights are not important enough to fight for. Acceptance is the word for our culture.

It makes me sad to see this, but I also will never experience the kind of terror from law enforcement that you will. I just cannot say words that would be adequate to describe the miscarriage of justice with Breonna Taylor and so many others. Too many of the people in this country just continue to condone these acts of violence. We as a people have to say this cannot go on any longer. You deserve to not have to fear a police officer, but that isn’t reality right now and never has been. 

Let's see. Police say they knocked, also checked no to forcefully entering the home or wearing body cams. Crime scene photos then show both the battering ram at the front door, plus the body cams that they were supposed to not have. However, we took their word based on the ideology that police are robots who somehow are incapable of lying through programming, and therefore must be taken as fact, even when said information determines whether or not they face prosecution and a civil suit.
   Just would be to look at all the physical evidence and consider that maybe the police were being dishonest. Consider that defense of one's home when you here the sound of the front door being kicked in is within the rights of your citizenship. Consider that the police escalated a situation when there were other alternatives. For example, wait until the subject walks out to head to work to search the house. If they are carrying something, detain them. If not, it must be in the house so search it.

You didn’t really answer the question.