Black Lives Matter

Hugo Stiglitz

7 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

I'm not telling you to vote for Trump. I'm saying that settling for someone like Biden, is not taking advantage of your voting power. All those options. And a guy who's own VP called him out, is what you end up with. That's crazy, but compromised.

And since you know about Reagan's War on Drugs, then I'm sure you are aware of the impact the '94 crime bill had us. Yet, guess who helped get him over the top and will give him their loyalty? You worried about Candace Owens and some asshole in South Carolina, who has no power over your life. I'm worried about people like you who keep letting assholes like Biden off the hook. What is he going to do different to address the problems that he hasn't been doing since '73?

Candace Owens has no power? That woman has been the spearhead for nearly every white conservative in opposition of police reform.

There are just two choices. One of those choices we are watching right now. One of those choices botched the Covid-19 issue right from the word go. One of those choices could've come on the air with a mask on in a State of the Union address and asked the American People to mask up, and take the issue seriously. Now just about every time you see a person who refuses to wear a mask, ask them who they are voting for. No coincidence. Radicalization is happening. The country is as divided as I have seen it in my lifetime. I've had to let more friends go this past calendar year than I had in the last 20. Families are splitting over political differences. If you are saying this isn't happening then you are lying.

Nothing you've said about Biden is wrong. The Dems saw that Republicans were winning with their "War on Drugs" and "Tough on Crime" platforms and so they knew they had to fight fire with fire. All of us here get it. What we also get is that these traditional politicians are going to ride whatever wave is trending, whether that's tough on crime or decriminalizing marijuana. They just want to get reelected. What we are afraid of is the guy who is keeping the pedal to the floor and doesn't see the bridge is out.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Candace Owens has no power? That woman has been the spearhead for nearly every white conservative in opposition of police reform.

There are just two choices. One of those choices we are watching right now. One of those choices botched the Covid-19 issue right from the word go. One of those choices could've come on the air with a mask on in a State of the Union address and asked the American People to mask up, and take the issue seriously. Now just about every time you see a person who refuses to wear a mask, ask them who they are voting for. No coincidence. Radicalization is happening. The country is as divided as I have seen it in my lifetime. I've had to let more friends go this past calendar year than I had in the last 20. Families are splitting over political differences. If you are saying this isn't happening then you are lying.

Nothing you've said about Biden is wrong. The Dems saw that Republicans were winning with their "War on Drugs" and "Tough on Crime" platforms and so they knew they had to fight fire with fire. All of us here get it. What we also get is that these traditional politicians are going to ride whatever wave is trending, whether that's tough on crime or decriminalizing marijuana. They just want to get reelected. What we are afraid of is the guy who is keeping the pedal to the floor and doesn't see the bridge is out.

Candace? Not Hannity, Limbaugh or a dozen other talking heads is the spearhead. She wishes she had it that good. She could renounce everything she has put out in the past several years, and it still wouldn't move the needle.

I'm old enough to remember when Obama was the most divisive president ever, he set race relations back and America was dying. This next election was the most important of our lifetime. You sound like those fools. In four years the losing side will be singing the same song. Same old, same old.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, slorch said:

Biden will not be the President, even if he does win the election.  LOLz.

I voted for Trump in 2016.  Will not vote for him in 2020.

Fair enough?

What does this mean?  Not voting?  Third party?  Voting for Biden?

Is "he won't be the president even if he wins" the new "I don't want to have to support Trump, but what about her darned emails?"

4 hours ago, Tom said:

Of course you're not telling us to vote for Trump.  Every conservative on this site is too much of a pussy to admit to voting for Trump and too much of a pussy to try to persuade others to do the same.  

There are two people in this country with a greater than zero percent chance of being president in 2021:  Donald Trump and Joe Biden. Those are your only choices.  You're either for one or the other.  Joe Biden wasn't my first, second, third, fourth, or fifth choice a year ago.  He's the only choice today because the only other option is Donald Trump.  

7c6xg44li9921.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 3

16 minutes ago, Tom said:

What does this mean?  Not voting?  Third party?  Voting for Biden?

Is "he won't be the president even if he wins" the new "I don't want to have to support Trump, but what about her darned emails?"

I will vote.  I will not vote for Trump.  I will not vote for Biden.

It’s interesting to me that this concept is so ‘unusual.’  As if it’s only binary choices.   Nah, maybe I don’t care for either candidate.

2 minutes ago, slorch said:

It’s interesting to me that this concept is so ‘unusual.’  As if it’s only binary choices.   Nah, maybe I don’t care for either candidate.

It is a binary choice. A vote for anyone but Trump or Biden is just masturbation. You can do that at home.

1 minute ago, wildcat09 said:

It is a binary choice. A vote for anyone but Trump or Biden is just masturbation. You can do that at home.

No it isn’t. I do not have to vote for either one of them.

2 minutes ago, slorch said:

This was me in 2016.  But if you witnessed the last 4 years and equivocate Biden to Trump, you’re either stupid, ignorant, racist or a combination of the 3.

Just now, slorch said:

You don't have to vote for anyone. But if you're going to treat your vote no more seriously than whether you'd rather be known as an Adidas guy than a Nike guy or a Reebok guy, we're going to think you''re a stupid asshole.

2 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

You don't have to vote for anyone. But if you're going to treat your vote no more seriously than whether you'd rather be known as an Adidas guy than a Nike guy or a Reebok guy, we're going to think you''re a stupid asshole.

Maybe I’m not seeking your approval… Just sharing opinions.

Neither candidate is worthy of my endorsement  

Edited by slorch

Here y'all go -- to get this back on some sort of track.  https://www.theroot.com/a-judge-asked-harvard-to-find-out-why-so-many-black-peo-1845017462?utm_campaign=The Root&utm_content=1599775152&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR23Q81JgXESQWAgSLR21rXCQ7_rEuwHag_h4hJHGaFgfT32PfZNGjCnBrc

According to 2016 data from the Massachusetts Sentencing Commission, 655 of every 100,000 Black people in Massachusetts are in prison. Meanwhile, the state locks up 82 of its white citizens for every 100,000 who reside in the state. While an eight-to-one racial disparity might seem like a lot for one criminal justice system, nationwide, African Americans are imprisoned at almost six times the rate of white people.

Yeah, yeah.  Chicago, fatherless black families, all the usual stuff.  Come on....a ratio of 6:1 and 8:1?  That's systemic racism at work.  It's....

criminal laws written in a way to sweep up more minorities than white people

cops who purposefully (even if its unconsciously, it's purposeful) scrutinize a black man harder than they do a white man walking down the same street

cops and DAs who cut white suspects more slack than black suspects

white suspects are often able to afford better legal counsel than poorer black suspects

unconscious bias (and sometimes conscious bias) on the part of judges and juries has them opt for prison over probation, and/or longer sentences

laws allowing for hiring bias against convicted felons leaves people convicted with fewer choices going forward, making further crime even more attractive for them

And the list goes on and on, both before and after.  The fact that black people have more, and more brutal, interactions with police is only the most obviously gruesome and glaring part of that picture.

And you bet, historically, members of both major parties have been complicit in building and upholding these systems.  And unlike many who support him now (and make no mistake, he has my support, donations, and prayers), I don't let Biden off the hook. Of course, I surely don't let Trump off the hook, as he continued to call for the execution of the Central Park 5 EVEN AFTER THEY WERE EXONERATED.

If you look at that list of systemic problems above, there's also no question that there's much work to be done on the personal, local, and state levels.  But in the broad political sense, the horse race ain't even close.  There's one party that has a framework that allows for and invites meaningful conversation and work on the issue, and another that is built on continuing to demonize the very people who are shat upon by those structural failings.  

I used to say that I was a Republican, and I acknowledged the failings of the party, and said that I would work within the party to remedy those failings.  The party was entirely uninterested in that perspective.  It chose a completely different path.  And when it made that choice, we parted ways.

I am now a Democrat (they get my vote and my money).  And I acknowledge failings of that party, and of people within it.  But it sure is a shitload more amenable to my work - and the work of many others better equipped and more capable than I -- to fix those failings.

I want to fix that list of shit above, and those incarceration ratios, because I am an American, and those people in prison are my fellow Americans.  If the system is broken for my fellow Americans, then it's broken for America.  Yes, I feel a moral sense of responsibility to my fellow man; that motivates me deeply.  But I am also pragmatic.  I know that as one body politic, if we're poisoning part of that body, we're all being poisoned.  America will be better when one group of Americans isn't imprisoned at a ratio of 8:1 to the majority group of Americans.  It is in our entire collective interest to fix those broken systems, and yes, the systemic racism embedded therein.

Yelling at people to stop being criminals -- when a white kid doing the same thing gets taken home to his parents with a warning -- is cruel, and pointless.  Yelling at people to "pull yourself up by your bootstraps!" when we simultaneously gut their local education, price public higher education out of their reach, and hand out felony convictions like candy so they can never get a good job, is asinine and counterproductive.

Black lives matter, because black people matter, because people matter.  If we are of, by, and for the people, then we must be of, by, and for ALL the people, equally.  I've always believed that.  Those ideas are compatible with the idea of conservatism, actually.  But goddamn, they sure as shit aren't compatible with the execution and reality of conservatism.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

This was me in 2016.  But if you witnessed the last 4 years and equivocate Biden to Trump, you’re either stupid, ignorant, racist or a combination of the 3.

I do not see them as equal at all. I don’t believe I’ve said that.

A friend that I met this summer while protesting told me about a young man that lost his life back in May. There are so many instances across this country of excessive force being used and this to me is among the worst. It wound up causing the death of a 16 year old named Cornelius Fredericks. He had a very rough life if you read about him. Throw a sandwich and lose your life not long after. This is another instance where actual professionals are needed who understand how to communicate without using overwhelming physical force. The video shows there was no reason to have restrained this young man as he was no threat to anyone. 

The video is in the link. It is sad to say the least.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12323279/cornelius-fredericks-restrained-i-cant-breathe-death-teenager/

Fredericks, 16, went into cardiac arrest after he was tackled and pinned to the ground for throwing a sandwich in the cafeteria.

Cornelius Fredericks was restrained by staff for about twelve minutes
Cornelius Fredericks was restrained by staff for about twelve minutesCredit: Fredericks Family Handout

Shocking footage captured the incident and the teenager died two days later on May 1, according to a lawsuit his family filed. 

Cornelius Fredericks was a teen living at Lakeside Academy, a residential treatment facility in Kalamazoo, Michigan. 

The center accepted young adults ages 12 to 18 to receive behavioral health services as they were placed through the foster care system or by their parents.

Fredericks had been a ward of the state for several years, following his mother’s death when his father was incarcerated.

The young boy entered cardiac arrest while restrained
The young boy entered cardiac arrest while restrainedCredit: Fredericks Family Handout

When did he die?

Fredericks passed away on May 1 at Bronson Methodist Hospital after entering cardiac arrest as he was restrained on the ground. 

His family filed a lawsuit against the staff and center for not using proper protocol with their own restraint policy.

The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) launched an investigation into the facility. 

The department's documents stated that officials said that the staff initiated restraint that was "significantly disproportionate" to Fredericks' behavior, CNN reported.

He passed away two days later after the accident
He passed away two days later after the accidentCredit: Fredericks Family Handout

The MDHHS has since terminated all contracts with Lakeside Academy and has begun the legal process to revoke its license, according to a press release from the agency. 

At the time of the investigation, MDHHS found "10 licensing violations, including a failure to follow rules related to resident restraint and discipline," the press release said.

Fredericks’ family is seeking $110M dollars in damages.

What happened to him?

A video from Lakeside taken on April 29 shows the young boy allegedly throwing a sandwich at a teen in the cafeteria.

A member of the academy then tackled him on to the floor. 

The footage shows Fredericks being held on the ground by about six other staff members of the academy for several minutes. 

The family filed a lawsuit against Lakeside Academy for his death
The family filed a lawsuit against Lakeside Academy for his deathCredit: NBC News

The family's lawsuit says that Fredericks was already struggling and that he said "I can't breathe" while he was restrained.

The members then release him and try to resuscitate him as the video ends. 

The family's attorney, Geoffrey Fieger, obtained the security footage and claims that when the staff stopped restraining Fredericks, they tried to sit him up but his body was limp.

Fredericks urinated on himself during the restraint, Fieger said.

The family lawyer says his body was limp as they tried to sit him up
The family lawyer says his body was limp as they tried to sit him upCredit: NBC News

Fieger addressed the press during a conference.

"Certainly this type of behavior is not human," he said.

"It can only be akin to a subhuman-type species that would inflict this behavior on children."

A medical examiner ruled his death a homicide. 

What happened to the staff members?

Two male staffers and a female nurse were fired after Frederick's death.

Michael Mosley of Battle Creek, Zachary Solis of Lansing and Heather McLogan of Kalamazoo have been charged with involuntary manslaughter and second-degree child abuse in Fredericks’ death.

Mosley, Solis, and McLogan were released on $500,000 personal bonds, according to court records.

Fredericks had shouted that he 'couldn't breathe'
Fredericks had shouted that he 'couldn't breathe'Credit: NBC News

Mosley’s attorney said that he pled not guilty, citing that he was following guidelines and the proper protocol.

The Kalamazoo County prosecutor also charged McLogan, 48, a nurse, with involuntary manslaughter and second-degree child abuse. 

Prosecutors allege that she failed to seek timely medical care, as she did not dial 911 until 12 minutes after the restraint ended.

10 minutes ago, slorch said:

You're right, you don't.  However, if you actually want to exert any meaningful effect on the next four years, you do.

10 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

This.  You can exert some effect on the next four years.   Maybe you can exert the force in the direction of a) sitting down to eat a shit sandwich one day, or b) being subjected to force feeding of a firehose of diarrhea continuously.  I don't like either option.  At all.  But if I am given the chance to influence that choice, I'm going to fight like mad for the shit sandwich.

7 minutes ago, slorch said:

Maybe I’m not seeking your approval… Just sharing opinions.

Neither candidate is worthy of my endorsement  

Cool.  Then don't endorse one.  I certainly won't endorse the shit sandwich above.  My endorsement is reserved for good burgers, reubens, and bbq sandwiches.  But this isn't about my endorsement.  This is about what I'm going to consume for the next four years.  I'm going to do everything I can to avoid 4 years of the diarrhea firehose, and to opt in to the much less disgusting option of the shit sandwich.

15 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

Oh yeah I forgot, he’s a Texans fan. That explains it. If I cared about this worthless franchise I’d have lost my mind by now too.

That does explain a lot. What exactly have the Texans ever done in their entire history to have you say “yep. That’s my team!”

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

You're right, you don't.  However, if you actually want to exert any meaningful effect on the next four years, you do.

Right... Because being an active father, husband, citizen, employer, and contributor within my community doesn't do shit.    Just sign off on this empty suit that is literally going to be NOTHING as a President beyond  reading the teleprompter and photo ops.

I think i can live with the guilt...AND still make a significant difference in the next 4 years.  Maybe I'm just naive...

Solutions come from us...not Washington.

Edited by slorch

1 minute ago, slorch said:

Right... Because being an active father, husband, citizen, employer, and contributor within my community doesn't do shit.    Just sign off on this empty suit that is literally going to be NOTHING as a President beyond  reading the teleprompter and photo ops.

I think i can live with the guilt...AND still make a significant difference in the next 4 years.  Maybe I'm just naive...

It's not binary.  I can do a lot to protect my home from a wildfire.  But if the wildfire comes, a fire dept paid with my tax dollars is going to help a lot.  It's not one or the other -- shit you do at home matters, shit that happens in Austin and Washington matters.  And you damned well know it does.

What happens in Washington does matter.  You are going to consume what they offer, in real world effects, in thousands of ways.  Do you want to consume those effects in the form of a shit sandwich (BTW, I don't concede that Biden is that, but I'm adopting your take), or a firehose of runny shit for four years?  You ARE going to consume it.  Your tax rates, how your military family members are deployed, treated, and taken care of, your federal highways, your healthcare regulations and payment plan, all of those things -- and thousands more -- are affected directly and indirectly by actions of the executive branch.  And importantly, some of those things affect some of your neighbors much more acutely and directly than they affect you -- if your neighbor is going to have to consume a firehose of diarrhea or a shit sandwich, shouldn't you do something to try to make sure it's just the shit sandwich for him?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, slorch said:

well, from my point of view, a president who does actually nothing is a net positive against the orange fuckstick trying to tear down america currently slithering around the white house.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Here y'all go -- to get this back on some sort of track.  https://www.theroot.com/a-judge-asked-harvard-to-find-out-why-so-many-black-peo-1845017462?utm_campaign=The Root&utm_content=1599775152&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR23Q81JgXESQWAgSLR21rXCQ7_rEuwHag_h4hJHGaFgfT32PfZNGjCnBrc

Yeah, yeah.  Chicago, fatherless black families, all the usual stuff.  Come on....a ratio of 6:1 and 8:1?  That's systemic racism at work.  It's....

criminal laws written in a way to sweep up more minorities than white people

cops who purposefully (even if its unconsciously, it's purposeful) scrutinize a black man harder than they do a white man walking down the same street

cops and DAs who cut white suspects more slack than black suspects

white suspects are often able to afford better legal counsel than poorer black suspects

unconscious bias (and sometimes conscious bias) on the part of judges and juries has them opt for prison over probation, and/or longer sentences

laws allowing for hiring bias against convicted felons leaves people convicted with fewer choices going forward, making further crime even more attractive for them

And the list goes on and on, both before and after.  The fact that black people have more, and more brutal, interactions with police is only the most obviously gruesome and glaring part of that picture.

And you bet, historically, members of both major parties have been complicit in building and upholding these systems.  And unlike many who support him now (and make no mistake, he has my support, donations, and prayers), I don't let Biden off the hook. Of course, I surely don't let Trump off the hook, as he continued to call for the execution of the Central Park 5 EVEN AFTER THEY WERE EXONERATED.

If you look at that list of systemic problems above, there's also no question that there's much work to be done on the personal, local, and state levels.  But in the broad political sense, the horse race ain't even close.  There's one party that has a framework that allows for and invites meaningful conversation and work on the issue, and another that is built on continuing to demonize the very people who are shat upon by those structural failings.  

I used to say that I was a Republican, and I acknowledged the failings of the party, and said that I would work within the party to remedy those failings.  The party was entirely uninterested in that perspective.  It chose a completely different path.  And when it made that choice, we parted ways.

I am now a Democrat (they get my vote and my money).  And I acknowledge failings of that party, and of people within it.  But it sure is a shitload more amenable to my work - and the work of many others better equipped and more capable than I -- to fix those failings.

I want to fix that list of shit above, and those incarceration ratios, because I am an American, and those people in prison are my fellow Americans.  If the system is broken for my fellow Americans, then it's broken for America.  Yes, I feel a moral sense of responsibility to my fellow man; that motivates me deeply.  But I am also pragmatic.  I know that as one body politic, if we're poisoning part of that body, we're all being poisoned.  America will be better when one group of Americans isn't imprisoned at a ratio of 8:1 to the majority group of Americans.  It is in our entire collective interest to fix those broken systems, and yes, the systemic racism embedded therein.

Yelling at people to stop being criminals -- when a white kid doing the same thing gets taken home to his parents with a warning -- is cruel, and pointless.  Yelling at people to "pull yourself up by your bootstraps!" when we simultaneously gut their local education, price public higher education out of their reach, and hand out felony convictions like candy so they can never get a good job, is asinine and counterproductive.

Black lives matter, because black people matter, because people matter.  If we are of, by, and for the people, then we must be of, by, and for ALL the people, equally.  I've always believed that.  Those ideas are compatible with the idea of conservatism, actually.  But goddamn, they sure as shit aren't compatible with the execution and reality of conservatism.

Great read!! Thanks for posting the article.

"The researchers also couldn’t figure out why Black people are always initially charged with more serious crimes than white people. The easiest explanation was that Black suspects commit worse crimes than white people, but the data disproved that assumption. Then, they hypothesized that prosecutors may be overzealous when it came to convicting violent cases but that proved not to be the case. When all was said and done, Black people were arrested more often, had higher bail and received harsher sentences. But when they examined convictions, they discovered that Black people were surprisingly less likely to be convicted than white people. Essentially, according to the researchers, a white person has to commit an egregious offense to wind up behind bars while all a Black person has to do is...well, be a Black person."

This part tells the tale so to speak. 

1 minute ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Great read!! Thanks for posting the article.

"The researchers also couldn’t figure out why Black people are always initially charged with more serious crimes than white people. The easiest explanation was that Black suspects commit worse crimes than white people, but the data disproved that assumption. Then, they hypothesized that prosecutors may be overzealous when it came to convicting violent cases but that proved not to be the case. When all was said and done, Black people were arrested more often, had higher bail and received harsher sentences. But when they examined convictions, they discovered that Black people were surprisingly less likely to be convicted than white people. Essentially, according to the researchers, a white person has to commit an egregious offense to wind up behind bars while all a Black person has to do is...well, be a Black person."

This part tells the tale so to speak. 

The concept that the pigmentation of your skin will automatically put you in a position where you are viewed as more of a threat to others than someone who is white is still the dumbest construct that white people ever came up with. I mean it is startlingly dumb in every imaginable way to view African-Americans in the way the police do. The construct they have formed in their mind is obviously racist, but I just try and think about how we are in the year 2020 and we still cannot get past this as a society. The knuckledraggers continue to weigh down the part of society whose construct is not one with racist undertones. It's highly unfortunate that so many of the people who have this construct wind up in law enforcement.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Ate a fat Perry’s porkchop and then with a full belly stumbled upon a very tasteful and poignant installation at Klyde Warren park today called “Say their names” which acted as both art and memorial, and was soberly attended. I appreciated the respectful tenor and awareness and encourage people to check it out and pay respects to those donating their time and flowers, if in the area.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wfaa.com/amp/article/news/local/its-very-emotional-memorial-to-honor-black-victims-of-violence-finds-temporary-home-at-klyde-warren-park/287-0a0e6e7b-9dc6-4edd-a20f-2e251be6e3aa

Edited by Rougarou

6 hours ago, Nivek said:

Still waiting on the definition of a Compromised Negro. But I guess he will continue to ignore/hide from me/others. Can we blame him for not wanting to be a seal in an orca pod?

Well given that this board is chock full of 40 year old white dudes, and brothahorn is apparently a black dude at least according to him and verified by others, I can only surmise that when he talks about “compromised negroes” he is projecting his ownself on us. Not that I would necessarily use those exact somewhat racist terms.

However if he has another explanation I would love to hear it. As you and I have asked him.

22 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Right, because voting for the most divisive President we've ever seen in our lifetime is the better option. Or voting for Reagan's war on drugs, that put my uncle who had a drug addiction away for almost 15 years. Meanwhile, people like yourself and Candace Owens become the bullhorn for every racist bastard from here to South Carolina. It's not about voting the same, as I have voted Repub before.

Yup Ive voted republican before—2000-2002. Never again after that though. I woke up.

10 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

Candace? Not Hannity, Limbaugh or a dozen other talking heads is the spearhead. She wishes she had it that good. She could renounce everything she has put out in the past several years, and it still wouldn't move the needle.

I'm old enough to remember when Obama was the most divisive president ever, he set race relations back and America was dying. This next election was the most important of our lifetime. You sound like those fools. In four years the losing side will be singing the same song. Same old, same old.

Bro, you have no idea what you are saying. Do you not understand that there are things that White America, especially ultra conservative White America cannot say for fear of being labelled a racist? They have to dance around their words. The things that Candace Parker says are things that people have been dying to say. That is what makes her so popular. A white conservative can just share her rants and get their point across without having to utter a word. That is something all the other talking heads cannot do. There is a level of validation that she provides as well, because she is Black.

Slorch has Trumper buddies, that he doesn’t want to say he isnt voting against Trump..  It is super easy to justify your non vote by claiming you hate both candidates... It’s so disingenuous and cowardly.  Pick a side, there are 2 choices .  If you hate that, find some folks less ridiculous to run as a 3rd party candidate, or just be do nothing douchebags that just snipe and have ZERO effect on policy  

This election boils down to do you really want 4 more years of THIS?   The 30% cult members absolutely want it, divide the country more, f your feelings .  That is what a trump vote or a non Biden vote is rooting for.  

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

Slorch has Trumper buddies, that he doesn’t want to say he isnt voting against Trump..  

Incorrect.  pretty much everyone who knows me knows that i don't care for Trump.

They also know I hate the charade the dems are going through with Propped up Joe.   It isn't illogical to dislike both.   Not by a fucking longshot.

If you understand how disgraceful Trump is as a candidate, and you still choose to either decline to vote or vote for someone other than Biden, then your behavior is almost as disgraceful as Trump.

It means you are aware of all of the grift, lying, immature behavior, stupidity, bad decision making, inaction, bad policies, and dangerous engagements with foreign thug governments, and have chosen to just standby and watch it continue without lifting a finger to help. You don’t care about your country and that’s pathetic.

At least most Trumpers are too stupid to realize they are being conned, so they at least have an excuse. You don’t.

• Hook 'Em 2

18 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

If you understand how disgraceful Trump is as a candidate, and you still choose to either decline to vote or vote for someone other than Biden, then your behavior is almost as disgraceful as Trump.

It means you are aware of all of the grift, lying, immature behavior, stupidity, bad decision making, inaction, bad policies, and dangerous engagements with foreign thug governments, and have chosen to just standby and watch it continue without lifting a finger to help. You don’t care about your country and that’s pathetic.

At least most Trumpers are too stupid to realize they are being conned, so they at least have an excuse. You don’t.

This seems like projection. I'm sorry you're voting for Biden and hate yourself for it.

• Fuck You 2

4 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

Explain the definition of projection. Then explain your definition of projection.

Putting feelings you feel on others. He's mad that Slorch ain't voting for Biden, which makes him say "then your behavior is almost as disgraceful as Trump," somehow not voting for trump makes him as worse as Trump, since he isn't voting for Biden as well. Almost like he wish he didn't have to vote for either as well, but since he doesn't believe that Biden will win, and that he knows that Biden is what he says Trump is, he has to call Slorch as worse as Trump to make himself better.

Putting feelings you feel on others. He's mad that Slorch ain't voting for Biden, which makes him say "then your behavior is almost as disgraceful as Trump," somehow not voting for trump makes him as worse as Trump, since he isn't voting for Biden as well. Almost like he wish he didn't have to vote for either as well, but since he doesn't believe that Biden will win, and that he knows that Biden is what he says Trump is, he has to call Slorch as worse as Trump to make himself better.

A live look at workswithseed.

8dbab7f6301aafe05d52f933e9b18631.gif
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

Well that made zero sense. 

10 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

Putting feelings you feel on others. He's mad that Slorch ain't voting for Biden, which makes him say "then your behavior is almost as disgraceful as Trump," somehow not voting for trump makes him as worse as Trump, since he isn't voting for Biden as well. Almost like he wish he didn't have to vote for .either as well, but since he doesn't believe that Biden will win, and that he knows that Biden is what he says Trump is, he has to call Slorch as worse as Trump to make himself better.

So you have the definition right. 

I do not believe he is mad at Slorch (I look at Slorch as a contrarian in every sense of the word) in particular. He is upset with the mindset of not voting for Biden because in Dbeasy's view, and my own as well, voting 3rd party or not voting at all in this election is the coward's way out. There is ample evidence, thousands of tweets, statements on the record, conversations our president has had publicly and privately that show he is a narcissistic racist, is completely in over his head and is actively destroying the country through his actions and his party does nothing to stop him. If he is upset about anything it is seeing a mountain of evidence right in front of someone's face and then seeing that person go "Yeah doesn't matter not gonna vote for Biden." 

I am no Joe Biden fan, but I do think he is an actual decent human being. I will vote for him because voting for the other guy would implicity endorse a president who runs on a platform of racism, scare tactics and fascist rhetoric. Voting 3rd party or not at all does not abscond the voter of blame. It means you are not principled enough to take a stand and do the right thing. In this case the right thing, however hard that may be for some to do, is to vote for Joe Biden. I would have preferred the vote be for Warren, Sanders or Harris being at the top of the ticket. That is not the case, but I will vote for the guy who can put an administration in place that can at least attempt to fix all of the damage of the last four years. That is what is important right now. Whether it can be fixed none of us know, but Biden winning the election at least makes it a possibility and that is good enough for those of us voting for him. Taking a contrarian's stance is to say you have no actual stance at all.

• Like 1

Well given that this board is chock full of 40 year old white dudes, and brothahorn is apparently a black dude at least according to him and verified by others, I can only surmise that when he talks about “compromised negroes” he is projecting his ownself on us. Not that I would necessarily use those exact somewhat racist terms.

However if he has another explanation I would love to hear it. As you and I have asked him.

He is the definition of a compromised Negro.

Still waiting on the definition of a Compromised Negro. But I guess he will continue to ignore/hide from me/others. Can we blame him for not wanting to be a seal in an orca pod?

Not ignoring you, just don’t care enough to explain it to you. They know who they are. And the damage they cause.

52 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

billy madison idiot GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1