Rental House Home Security System

Daughter just moved into a rental house with an older, wired in home security system. She has asked me to help her get it working. Seems like it might be better to just get a new system--maybe one that I can install myself. Anyone have any experience with this stuff? Recommendations? 

My estate is still rockin a 16 year old wired system. All window/door/glass breakage/garage fire sensors work fine and monitor company works well. Is there an obvious problem with hers?

Indoor/doorbell nannycams are cute, but you still need basic monitoring of envelope. You could research a good local monitoring company to check out all the sensors and get it up and running.

• Like 1

It can be monitored. It just needs to be connected via wifi I assume as opposed to through a landline. The company I called quoted about $250 to get it going. Seems like I can replace the system for cheaper/same price as that. 

Emailed SimpliSafe for a quote. When they sent me back a link to see the quote, my computer flagged it as malware. Lol.