AISD's (and other districts) Plans for Schools Starting August 18

atomheartbevo

A guy in construction law named Tony Ciccone is now involved in intimidation tactics against local schools?  

This would be fucking comical if it didn't involve so many people I care about.

4 minutes ago, Cap33 said:

Here is the petition. 

The 14th Amendment segregation claim is something else.

Silva v. Eanes ISD.pdf 5.24 MB · 1 download

Also a bold strategy to claim EISD considers it/calls it "In School Suspension (ISS)" and then in the paragraph below, quote the school district order which does not reference ISS at all.  And yeah, the claims of segregation were a nice touch considering these parents are also the ones claiming that referring to slavery while teaching junior high and high school students about the Civil War, is actually CRT instruction.  

Ironic since these people are likely all for throwing out frivolous lawsuits.  I mean, if maybe play the "mental anguish or subject to bullying" angle or some shit, but the segregation claim is a bit of a reach.

1 hour ago, gsoda3 said:

laure klapac.  

Funny that the first auto-fill suggestion after her full name on google is "Laure Klapac   mask"

Funnier if it was "Laure Klapac     Kunt"

Edited by Lobo

https://www.kxan.com/news/education/781-students-quarantined-at-central-texas-school-district-after-mass-covid-19-spread/

The Lockhart Independent School District says 781 of its students are currently quarantining after recent COVID-19 surge in the school community. 

The district has 204 active cases — 181 of those are students.

Lockhart ISD, located in Caldwell County, has already closed four classes and a student program because 20% or more students were diagnosed with coronavirus. More closures are expected and everyone, including students, will now have to wear masks during in-person classes.

The Texas Tribune reports at least 45 small school districts across Texas have been forced to temporarily stop in-person classes because of COVID-19 spread. 

At Leander Independent School District in Williamson County, two middle schools were shut down for two weeks after over 400 cases were confirmed in the school community. Since the beginning of classes, Leander ISD has logged over 840 positive cases.

Will Ferrell Anchorman GIF by AOK

5 hours ago, Gardner Barnes said:

Cedar Ridge HS cancelled freshman a and b VB games with WL today because a bunch of thier players are out with covid.

3 hours ago, Fuck Tim Beck said:

All 5 high schools in Killeen ISD are hosting in person open houses tonight. Brilliant! The superintendent and the school board continue to bury their heads in the sand. 

One or two incidents like the one Gardner mentioned above and they'll change their tune.

• Like 1

Lago Vista FAFO

https://www.kxan.com/news/education/lago-vista-isd-is-latest-texas-school-district-impacted-by-high-covid-19-spread/

All high school students at Lago Vista Independent School District will shift to online learning beginning Wednesday.

The Travis County district says there’s an increase in positive COVID-19 cases among students and staff. There’s also a limited number of substitute teachers.

Brushy Creek

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/williamson-county/classroom-at-brushy-creek-elementary-closed-until-next-week-due-to-covid-19/

The Round Rock Independent School District announced Tuesday it has closed one classroom at Brushy Creek Elementary due to COVID-19 cases. 

“After discussions with our local health authority today, we are closing one classroom for 10 days due to several epidemiologically linked cases of COVID-19,” Brushy Creek’s principal said in a letter to parents.

LTISD had 161 active cases on Friday. It was 80 cases the week before. Interested to see what the numbers will be this week. 

My son and his group of friends are the only ones wearing masks. I know almost every member of the board and they are just fucking this up left and right. When did student safety become political? Presidents, Governors, School Boards are supposed to stop this shit when it starts putting lives in danger. Fuck Trump and Abbott....

we are in the dumbest timeline out there.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

My daughters elementary school was planning on having grandparents day next Monday. The plan was to have all grandparents plus all kids report to the cafeteria prior to going to first period whether your grandparent was there or not. I told my daughter the first day she mentioned it that it was not happening. I told her she could either got straight to her classroom or go to school late that day. My wife emailed her teacher and told her that we did not believe having grandparents day during the middle of a global pandemic was such a good idea and that she would not be reporting to the cafeteria as required. Today we got an email saying that grandparents day has been canceled due to Covid. I’m not sure if our pushback had any impact on the decision to change course or not, but it should not require an email from parents to point out that it’s probably not a good fucking idea to put a whole bunch of old people in an enclosed environment with nasty elementary kids. What the fuck are these idiots thinking? I know somewhere there are parents bitching because Memaw doesn’t get to drag her oxygen tank and Virginia Slims out to come have a donut with little Sally, so fuck them too.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, EE2B said:

My daughters elementary school was planning on having grandparents day next Monday. The plan was to have all grandparents plus all kids report to the cafeteria prior to going to first period whether your grandparent was there or not. I told my daughter the first day she mentioned it that it was not happening. I told her she could either got straight to her classroom or go to school late that day. My wife emailed her teacher and told her that we did not believe having grandparents day during the middle of a global pandemic was such a good idea and that she would not be reporting to the cafeteria as required. Today we got an email saying that grandparents day has been canceled due to Covid. I’m not sure if our pushback had any impact on the decision to change course or not, but it should not require an email from parents to point out that it’s probably not a good fucking idea to put a whole bunch of old people in an enclosed environment with nasty elementary kids. What the fuck are these idiots thinking? I know somewhere there are parents bitching because Memaw doesn’t get to drag her oxygen tank and Virginia Slims out to come have a donut with little Sally, so fuck them too.

I have a feeling a bunch of parents, in addition to you, bitched.  Surprisingly, plenty of adults love their parents.

5 minutes ago, midtown said:
40 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:
Holy Fucking Shitballs, seven periods in a day?

My 7th and 10th graders both have 8. Is this not normal?

I thought those old school schedules died out a long time ago and where replaced by block scheduling.  I remember the beatdown of that many classes a day.  By the time you sat down long enough to start paying attention class was over and it was on to the next thing.

I was fairly active in my kid's school doing various volunteer things like dad's club, a math activity where we played math games with the kids in the library on various mornings, hosting parent events, and helping with drop off. I have no intention on setting foot on the campus, heading up any events, or organizing anything with large groups of people for a long time. It is not worth dealing with people who won't do things the right way. I'm not going to have mask debates with morons or deal with blowback if I say only vaccinated people can help. I'm not going to deal with policing people who don't want to take this seriously. This is my kid's last year at the school and I'm fine with handing everything off to others. I don't want to be the cause of someone getting Covid because they were doing something stupid or being around stupid people. And I loved helping out at the school. It's no longer worth it. I got rid of Facebook partially because of dumb debates on the school group's Facebook page. I haven't missed it. 

• Like 1

I have a feeling a bunch of parents, in addition to you, bitched.  Surprisingly, plenty of adults love their parents.

I live in Northeast Texas. A lot of the folks here don’t believe there is an issue. We were the only folks wearing masks at meet the teacher. I would guess my kid is the only one in her grade wearing a mask to school. It’s pretty damn sad.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

I live in Northeast Texas. A lot of the folks here don’t believe there is an issue. We were the only folks wearing masks at meet the teacher. I would guess my kid is the only one in her grade wearing a mask to school. It’s pretty damn sad.
Thank you for being a considerate human and for doing your part to reduce the burden of health care workers.
  • Hook 'Em 1

https://www.kxan.com/news/education/central-texas-school-districts-without-mask-mandates-have-more-covid-19-cases-data-shows/

An analysis of some of Central Texas’ largest school districts shows districts without mask mandates have significantly more cases of COVID-19 with the student body and staff than those that implemented mask mandates at the start of the school year.

Lago Vista has the highest number of cases on a per capita basis, with more than one in every 13 students and staff members infected this school year.

The surge caused district leaders to shut down the high school for the rest of the week. Students there will instead learn online until they can return to campus Monday. 

Edited by atomheartbevo

Niece and nephew, 6 & 3, both sent home today.  Both of them, along with mom and dad, tested positive.  Kids are mildly symptomatic.  Richardson ISD and a church daycare.

Edited to add:  mom and dad have been fully vaccinated since April.

Edited by conVINCEd
  • Hook 'Em 1

there are about 1000 students + ~200 staff at my kids' school (K-12th).  19 total cases right now so ~1.5%.  they have been 100% masked to start the year and did a bunch of drive through vax deals last year to encourage the older kids to get theirs.  

masks seem to be working.  sucks they have to do another year with them but maybe 2nd semester they can revisit if cases are down.

• Hook 'Em 2

Daughter just got her second exposure notice from the same class, one week apart. I'm guessing case 2 caught it from case 1. She knows both kids, and they both sit across the room from her. Neither kid wore a mask. She sits opposite side of the room and wears a mask religiously. She's eligible for 2nd dose tomorrow, so we're holding our breath a few more days. 

• Hook 'Em 2

14 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

Niece and nephew, 6 & 3, both sent home today.  Both of them, along with mom and dad, tested positive.  Kids are mildly symptomatic.  Richardson ISD and a church daycare.

Edited to add:  mom and dad have been fully vaccinated since April.

Daycare has been shut down through the end of next week.  Apparently errrrrrybody got Covid.