AISD's (and other districts) Plans for Schools Starting August 18

atomheartbevo

4 hours ago, mdmost said:

Shitshow 2020 continues in the fall then. I think back to any time I've had to pick up one of my kids because they had a fever of 99+. So what happens when your kid gets a fever now if they attend in person. 14 days home from school unless you get their brain stabbed by a cotton swab? 

This is the policy of my kids’ preschool now. Anyone in your house runs a fever of 99.9+, you stay home 2 days. If you run 99.9, have a consistent cough, or other show other symptom and you have to either quarantine for 2 weeks or have your pediatrician do a Covid test on a 0-4 year old. 

3 hours ago, BrazilHorn said:

Absolutely no way am I sending my kids back to school this fall. If they will be shutting down and reopening over and over again, I would just as soon have them stay home and attend virtually. I will hire tutors etc to bridge any gaps (am fortunate to be able to do this)

If reason to close a school for 5 days is a positive test result you effectively will never have the school be open.

UT’s modeling group has already said there will most likely be positive kids from day one, with multiple kids in the larger schools.  

4 hours ago, Dnaguy said:

He’s just making shit up on the spot.

5 days? 
5 consecutive days?

5 straight business days?

and how are parents supposed to work around this as well.

If this is so we can all go back to work, how does this actually help anyone? 
All this is going to do is throw more uncertainty into this whole mess and put more people at risk.

Fitlump should just run for Governor at this point.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

Yeah, was about to post the exact same.  The 5 day close down was not in the TEA material I read, maybe there are others.  

It's here. It's almost as if TEA is trying to be intentionally opaque.

The answer to No. 38:

"No. For any day an LEA closes a campus as a result of a confirmed COVID-19 case on campus, remote instruction will be funded. However, to allow sufficient time to resolve the public health concerns while minimizing academic disruption, campuses may only remain closed to on-campus instruction for up to five consecutive days (including the original closure) day, while drawing funding for all students participating in remote instruction. A closure period does not end until the campus has reopened for on-campus instruction for at least one instructional day."

I'm not sure if that "five consecutive days" includes weekends or holidays.

Note also that this determines funding. Everything about this boils down to controlling pursestrings. If the districts want money, they have to comply. There are ways to seek waivers for other instructional day requirements; let's see if they don't create that option in the coming weeks for this requirement, because right now, you can basically be 5-off, 1-on, 5-off in perpetuity until there are zero positives.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Red Six said:

The answer to No. 38:

"No. For any day an LEA closes a campus as a result of a confirmed COVID-19 case on campus, remote instruction will be funded. However, to allow sufficient time to resolve the public health concerns while minimizing academic disruption, campuses may only remain closed to on-campus instruction for up to five consecutive days (including the original closure) day, while drawing funding for all students participating in remote instruction. A closure period does not end until the campus has reopened for on-campus instruction for at least one instructional day."

Note also that this determines funding. Everything about this boils down to controlling pursestrings. If the districts want money, they have to comply. There are ways to seek waivers for other instructional day requirements; let's see if they don't create that option in the coming weeks for this requirement, because right now, you can basically be 5-off, 1-on, 5-off in perpetuity until there are zero positives.

Up to.

thats not what Abbott said. He said, paraphrasing, it’s a fact that that any school with a positive case will close for 5 days for cleaning. He is either dissembling or the tea guidance is not precisely worded. I’d wager both. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Red Six said:

The answer to No. 38:

They are money whipping us with our tax dollars into an epidemiological experiment. Let’s see how it plays out!

Just got this video in my e-mail

Lots of bureaucratic speak and generalities. But main points:

-another survey will be sent to parents at the beginning of August with preference for virtual or in-person school
-school buses will only have 12-14 students on them at a time
-online learning will have a set schedule for each day; some synchronous learning, some asynchronous so a kid is not on a zoom meeting all day
-masks will be required for everyone on campus, but for little kids there will be age-appropriate requirements (not sure what is meant by that)

Edited by HornOnTheBayou

2 minutes ago, RexWilson said:

I have been wondering how they are going to have enough busses and drivers to transport students at low capacity. There is almost always a shortage of drivers and often busses too. 

Yep. My dad decided to become a bus driver in retirement.  He said during the best of times every district Is looking for drivers/short drivers. Can’t imagine what it looks like with 15 kids on a bus instead

of 60-80. 

Bus drivers are usually pretty old so that sounds like a recipe for disaster. We were walking to dog with our youngest who really wants to go back in the fall. We had to run through all the scenarios for her including how she could go back only to find her teacher chose to stay home. Or her teacher could be there for a week and then get sick and they maybe then don't have enough subs and who knows how long your teacher is out. It's all just a damned mess so who the hell know. Part of me is ready to fold up shop and prepare to be surprised in late August when DISD decides what's going to happen. 

I have been wondering how they are going to have enough busses and drivers to transport students at low capacity. There is almost always a shortage of drivers and often busses too. 

Not even close to enough of each. Just getting a bus license to do an am/pm route takes an act of Congress so it’s not high demand for being decent pay. They may be able to run 2 for 1 routes if they stagger times and shorten the school day for everybody.

At least with buses we can roll down every window and mask up...air flowing is good. But can’t do that when it’s -35 out in January up here...or can we?

6 hours ago, Anastasis said:

They are money whipping us with our tax dollars into an epidemiological experiment. Let’s see how it plays out!

Ultimately, TEA isn't the driving force behind this cluster fuck. Our chief executive and governor's decision making is what has put us into the great epidemiological experiment of our times. 

Not the fucking teachers

Edited by Captainant

5 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Ultimately, TEA isn't the driving force behind this cluster fuck. Our chief executive and governor's decision making is what has put us into the great epidemiological experiment of our times. 

Not the fucking teachers

I’ll defer to the educators who post here, but not sure that we should equate TEA with teachers. 

10 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I’ll defer to the educators who post here, but not sure that we should equate TEA with teachers. 

Fair, but I guess my point is that TEA and educators generally are being pressured to reopen schools and have exactly zero guidance for COVID mitigation from Dept of Ed. or any other relevant bodies aside from "reopen or else"

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

Fair, but I guess my point is that TEA and educators generally are being pressured to reopen schools and have exactly zero guidance for COVID mitigation from Dept of Ed. or any other relevant bodies aside from "reopen or else"

I don’t know what guidance they are getting from doe or not. I just know that fall is going to be a clusterfuck based on the “guidance” TEA and the gov are giving districts. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I don’t know what guidance they are getting from doe or not. I just know that fall is going to be a clusterfuck based on the “guidance” TEA and the gov are giving districts. 

I do agree with you there. Welcome to 2020. Shit's fucked, yo

2 hours ago, Captainant said:

If you're looking to be mad about your child's lack of safe education opportunities, I would start with the people making the decisions and setting policy, not the folks tasked with implementing it

And those people at the top are threatening to withhold funding if schools don't open, even if those schools are in an area with a severe outbreak, but they are not providing clear guidelines for how they should open, even though they have access to what was one of the world's premier disease control agencies.

We have been doing an online game night on Saturdays with some friends on Zoom, and one of them is a principal at a school in the Austin area (not AISD), and we asked how that was going.   That was a bit of an eye-opener.  She now has video of every single classroom, hallway, bathroom, etc., etc. along with measurements of the classrooms, hallways (some hallways you could have kids line up on either side up against the wall and they could walk past each other, other hallways, only one line of kids can pass etc.)  that she and her staff are using to plan how things are going to work. Her summer has been spent doing things like walking the hallways for hours and hours, determining how they were going to handle food service, what routes they would use getting kids to and from PE/recess outside, what bathrooms would be used by what classrooms and whether to schedule the bathrooms for certain classrooms at certain times of the day, with cleanings in between.  Which it's almost impossible to schedule the bathrooms only for certain classrooms at certain times, given the bladders of little kids.

How they were going to handle dismissal - are they going to stagger the times, how they were going to handle when parents are running late - the teacher can't simply dump a kid off in the office where kids from other classes and grades are like they used to.   Those kids whose parents are running late are going to have to be placed in area where they can't contact kids from other classes/grades, etc.

She was working out where they are going to do temperature checks, and who is going to do them (they need multiple entrances to the school, otherwise all of the kids bottleneck).  She said they spent a few days just working out what happens if a kid becomes sick or a parent tries to game the system and gives their kid with a fever a Tylenol so they can pass the temperature check (those of us who are parents have all seen plenty of parents sending their sick kids to school pre-covid).  They can't just dump all of the kids that feel sick after getting to school into the nurse's area, because what if one of them legit has covid?  So they are setting up some areas for kids who are feeling sick or who have a fever after school starts, and they are working out how to handle those classrooms the kids were in, and how they are going to notify parents, without scaring the shit out of them, etc.

And on top of that, she's having to deal with emails from a lot of parents every day with questions about all of this, and she can't blow those off, because a lot of parents become Karens when their kids hit school age.  And the people above her are under intense pressure to make sure the schools open on time, but that the schools don't contribute to covid outbreaks.

She said they are up to a small binder's worth of instructions for teachers/staff to follow everyday - maps for each classroom when going to PE/recess, dismissal, etc., etc., scenarios for dealing with parents, sick kids, kids who broke the social distancing rules, etc.

Nobody wants this shit, but here we are.  The people at the very top are making this harder, when they should be helping, and it's frustrating as shit to me as a parent.

• Like 1

I hate this fucking country. I should have just stayed in Germany after studying abroad lol. They actually care about their teachers there as well and pay them like they matter. Nothing like a billionaire class of people holding the country's health and well being hostage.

4 hours ago, Captainant said:

Re: no guidance past "reopen or else"

If you're looking to be mad about your child's lack of safe education opportunities, I would start with the people making the decisions and setting policy, not the folks tasked with implementing it

Look, I’m not saying that anyone in department of Ed is covering themselves in glory, or even marginally capable of doing their job... maybe they are, maybe they aren’t but I don’t follow it enough to know one way or another. 
That said, what the fuck are they supposed to do to “ensure my child’s safe educational opportunities?”  
me don’t have enough facilities or teachers, or buses, or buildings or anything else to social distance in person educational opportunities. 
We don’t have hardly any schools that won’t see kids or teachers or support staff or admin test positive occasionally. What’s the right answer with the resources we have to social distance and make sure everything is safe and copacetic for all? 
hint- there isn’t any. 

My wife teaches in AISD, and we live in RRISD (tangent: I'm glad she pays into social security). Likely will keep kids home first 9 weeks and see how it goes. Planning now on how to prepare house and kids for the prospect of my wife effectively living in a self quarantine on the master bedroom away from the rest of us. I'm betting the school district, or at least that general area, is all virtual to start the year and we can kick the can a little more. 

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

And those people at the top are threatening to withhold funding if schools don't open, even if those schools are in an area with a severe outbreak, but they are not providing clear guidelines for how they should open, even though they have access to what was one of the world's premier disease control agencies.

We have been doing an online game night on Saturdays with some friends on Zoom, and one of them is a principal at a school in the Austin area (not AISD), and we asked how that was going.   That was a bit of an eye-opener.  She now has video of every single classroom, hallway, bathroom, etc., etc. along with measurements of the classrooms, hallways (some hallways you could have kids line up on either side up against the wall and they could walk past each other, other hallways, only one line of kids can pass etc.)  that she and her staff are using to plan how things are going to work. Her summer has been spent doing things like walking the hallways for hours and hours, determining how they were going to handle food service, what routes they would use getting kids to and from PE/recess outside, what bathrooms would be used by what classrooms and whether to schedule the bathrooms for certain classrooms at certain times of the day, with cleanings in between.  Which it's almost impossible to schedule the bathrooms only for certain classrooms at certain times, given the bladders of little kids.

How they were going to handle dismissal - are they going to stagger the times, how they were going to handle when parents are running late - the teacher can't simply dump a kid off in the office where kids from other classes and grades are like they used to.   Those kids whose parents are running late are going to have to be placed in area where they can't contact kids from other classes/grades, etc.

She was working out where they are going to do temperature checks, and who is going to do them (they need multiple entrances to the school, otherwise all of the kids bottleneck).  She said they spent a few days just working out what happens if a kid becomes sick or a parent tries to game the system and gives their kid with a fever a Tylenol so they can pass the temperature check (those of us who are parents have all seen plenty of parents sending their sick kids to school pre-covid).  They can't just dump all of the kids that feel sick after getting to school into the nurse's area, because what if one of them legit has covid?  So they are setting up some areas for kids who are feeling sick or who have a fever after school starts, and they are working out how to handle those classrooms the kids were in, and how they are going to notify parents, without scaring the shit out of them, etc.

And on top of that, she's having to deal with emails from a lot of parents every day with questions about all of this, and she can't blow those off, because a lot of parents become Karens when their kids hit school age.  And the people above her are under intense pressure to make sure the schools open on time, but that the schools don't contribute to covid outbreaks.

She said they are up to a small binder's worth of instructions for teachers/staff to follow everyday - maps for each classroom when going to PE/recess, dismissal, etc., etc., scenarios for dealing with parents, sick kids, kids who broke the social distancing rules, etc.

Nobody wants this shit, but here we are.  The people at the very top are making this harder, when they should be helping, and it's frustrating as shit to me as a parent.

Thanks for the insight man. Just reading through all that it tells me that this problem likely isn’t solveable. One of my buddies is president of a School Board. His basic take is “we are fucked”. 
If the standard is shut down for up to 5 days once anyone tests positive, school will be out way more than it will be in. Some places it might not ever be in. 

43 minutes ago, usmc0331horn said:

I hate this fucking country. I should have just stayed in Germany after studying abroad lol. They actually care about their teachers there as well and pay them like they matter. Nothing like a billionaire class of people holding the country's health and well being hostage.

What’s stopping you from moving back?  
Your opportunity costs for leaving right now are virtually zero. Have something you’ve always wanted to do?  Do it now. Never a better time. 

15 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

That said, what the fuck are they supposed to do to “ensure my child’s safe educational opportunities?”  
me don’t have enough facilities or teachers, or buses, or buildings or anything else to social distance in person educational opportunities. 
We don’t have hardly any schools that won’t see kids or teachers or support staff or admin test positive occasionally. What’s the right answer with the resources we have to social distance and make sure everything is safe and copacetic for all? 
hint- there isn’t any. 

Here's a start:  Don't threaten to yank their federal funding if they don't open on the timeline that the feds want.  Whether they can pull that funding, or why they are wanting to pull that funding, that's for CR, but it would be great if that layer of pressure was removed, because it greatly (and artificially) complicates this situation.  

We don't need artificial/arbitrary complications and deadlines, because covid is complicated enough as it is.   We need to open when we feel that we can manage it, not because we will possibly lose X amount of federal funding (our tax dollars).

You saw the UT modeling, there's going to be outbreaks in the schools as it is.  Rushing things will make those outbreaks much worse.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, CleverNickname said:

My wife teaches in AISD, and we live in RRISD (tangent: I'm glad she pays into social security). Likely will keep kids home first 9 weeks and see how it goes. Planning now on how to prepare house and kids for the prospect of my wife effectively living in a self quarantine on the master bedroom away from the rest of us. I'm betting the school district, or at least that general area, is all virtual to start the year and we can kick the can a little more. 

So, you plan on foregoing sex for 9 weeks because you wife is a school teacher and might get sick?  No thanks. 
have you seen that wearable tech (I think it’s a ring? For like $300 that tells you that you have the ‘Rona before you’d even test positive or show symptoms?  Get her one of those and keep banging if you are worried. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Here's a start:  Don't threaten to yank their federal funding if they don't open on the timeline that the feds want.  Whether they can pull that funding, or why they are wanting to pull that funding, that's for CR, but it would be great if that layer of pressure was removed, because it greatly (and artificially) complicates this situation.  

We don't need artificial/arbitrary complications and deadlines, because covid is complicated enough as it is.   We need to open when we feel that we can manage it, not because we will possibly lose X amount of federal funding (our tax dollars).

You saw the UT modeling, there's going to be outbreaks in the schools as it is.  Rushing things will make those outbreaks much worse.

Sure. And if the outbreaks (Or at least instances of one positive test) are inevitable (which I think we agree that they are) and the response is shit down for 5 days, what is the point of even trying to do it in person- it’s going to be a yo yo of suck. 

Let’s say I agree with you completely about funding (not sure I do- but I’m betting you are probably right) that it shouldn’t be threatened here’s my question to you:

how on earth are they supposed to social distance and follow guidelines without the facilities, staff, buses etc. 

7 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Thanks for the insight man. Just reading through all that it tells me that this problem likely isn’t solveable. One of my buddies is president of a School Board. His basic take is “we are fucked”. 
If the standard is shut down for up to 5 days once anyone tests positive, school will be out way more than it will be in. Some places it might not ever be in. 

The thing is, she felt it was pretty manageable if everybody followed their little part of the plan (working out the plan is the true pain in the ass).   Granted, it's little kids, so yeah, best laid plans running heading into 6 year-olds and such, but all the stuff I mentioned that she is doing is at a macro level - the teachers are going to be dealing with it on a micro level, and so it should be manageable.  Yeah, they aren't going to be turning the kids completely loose on the playground to do whatever, but the teachers would be dealing with fewer kids, and many parents have just spent 3-4 months terrorizing their kids about the dangers of touching stuff/other kids.

If anybody wants to fall asleep, there's a nice little paper on schools during the Spanish Flu (or ask armybrat how his grandkids handled it).

https://www.healthaffairs.org/doi/full/10.1377/hlthaff.28.6.w1066

Many schools closed, others that had the resources, such as NYC, stayed open, but closely monitored the students and tried to implement hygienic (at the time) measures to keep it down.  I didn't see leeches mentioned anywhere, so they were probably pretty high-tech back then.

We have hand sanitizer, bleach wipes, better cleaning procedures, etc. so we should be able to do better than they did in 1918-1921.  

But then you have the daycares in Texas that have cranked out over 1,200 covid cases this summer between kids and staff, so...

14 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Sure. And if the outbreaks (Or at least instances of one positive test) are inevitable (which I think we agree that they are) and the response is shit down for 5 days, what is the point of even trying to do it in person- it’s going to be a yo yo of suck. 

Let’s say I agree with you completely about funding (not sure I do- but I’m betting you are probably right) that it shouldn’t be threatened here’s my question to you:

how on earth are they supposed to social distance and follow guidelines without the facilities, staff, buses etc. 

The 5 day thing maybe an invention of Abbott's - that doesn't quite match what the TEA said.  I'm guessing he, or more likely an aide, misread it.  Threatening funding for everybody, regardless of the level of outbreak (or lack of) in an area or state introduces additional (and artificial) pressure to open.    We all agree it would be nice to get schools open - no need to pressure 100% of all schools, regardless of where the outbreaks are.

Here's the thing - you're going to see a lot of kids staying home, so in theory, we might just have manageable numbers in the schools.

40 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

The thing is, she felt it was pretty manageable if everybody followed their little part of the plan (working out the plan is the true pain in the ass).   Granted, it's little kids, so yeah, best laid plans running heading into 6 year-olds and such, but all the stuff I mentioned that she is doing is at a macro level - the teachers are going to be dealing with it on a micro level, and so it should be manageable.  Yeah, they aren't going to be turning the kids completely loose on the playground to do whatever, but the teachers would be dealing with fewer kids, and many parents have just spent 3-4 months terrorizing their kids about the dangers of touching stuff/other kids.

If anybody wants to fall asleep, there's a nice little paper on schools during the Spanish Flu (or ask armybrat how his grandkids handled it).

https://www.healthaffairs.org/doi/full/10.1377/hlthaff.28.6.w1066

Many schools closed, others that had the resources, such as NYC, stayed open, but closely monitored the students and tried to implement hygienic (at the time) measures to keep it down.  I didn't see leeches mentioned anywhere, so they were probably pretty high-tech back then.

We have hand sanitizer, bleach wipes, better cleaning procedures, etc. so we should be able to do better than they did in 1918-1921.  

But then you have the daycares in Texas that have cranked out over 1,200 covid cases this summer between kids and staff, so...

Last paragraph pretty much nails it to my way of thinking. Daycares have it easier logistically than schools and they can’t handle it, so adding on 3 or 4 layers of more complication leads me to believe it isn’t happening no matter how hard we try. 
Also, the school can be perfect in everything they do and still get a positive kid and it’s curtains for 5 days. 

12 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

The 5 day thing maybe an invention of Abbott's - that doesn't quite match what the TEA said.  I'm guessing he, or more likely an aide, misread it.  Threatening funding for everybody, regardless of the level of outbreak (or lack of) in an area or state introduces additional (and artificial) pressure to open.    We all agree it would be nice to get schools open - no need to pressure 100% of all schools, regardless of where the outbreaks are.

Here's the thing - you're going to see a lot of kids staying home, so in theory, we might just have manageable numbers in the schools.

Sure. We are homeschooling. And anecdotally I know some others will. And I know some will opt for distance learning instead of in person, but I can’t imagine it’s going to be a 60+ percent reduction in in-person learning, which is my quick back of the envelope math for how many would have to opt out to be able to social distance with existing staff and facilities. 

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

What’s stopping you from moving back?  
Your opportunity costs for leaving right now are virtually zero. Have something you’ve always wanted to do?  Do it now. Never a better time. 

I'm actually thinking about it in a couple years. I'm divorced and nothing is holding me back. Just need a couple more years of experience I think and to relearn the language.

41 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Last paragraph pretty much nails it to my way of thinking. Daycares have it easier logistically than schools and they can’t handle it, so adding on 3 or 4 layers of more complication leads me to believe it isn’t happening no matter how hard we try. 
Also, the school can be perfect in everything they do and still get a positive kid and it’s curtains for 5 days. 

Daycare has its own challenges that k-12 doesn’t, can you expand on what you mean? Plus when we did the tour around what seemed like half the south Austin daycares 3 or 4 years ago the chain daycares were filthy and did not seem to have staff that I would trust to sanitize a room. The education level of those teachers varies wildly. 

16 minutes ago, drt said:

Daycare has its own challenges that k-12 doesn’t, can you expand on what you mean? Plus when we did the tour around what seemed like half the south Austin daycares 3 or 4 years ago the chain daycares were filthy and did not seem to have staff that I would trust to sanitize a room. The education level of those teachers varies wildly. 

Man I might be completely wrong on day cares, but don’t they have basically big open spaces, open outdoor spaces and just attempting to keep the kids from killing them selves or each other?  With something. Stupid like 1 adult to every 8 or so kids?  Seems like that would allow room and space and a smaller grouping of kids to watch out for. 

In my limited experience ya the good ones  do. But we visited as many bad ones as we did good ones. 

case in point our current one is as you describe, but they’ve still had to split all but the infant rooms to accomplish pods of less than 10 people. I think prior to all of this the state max was 15 kids with 2 teachers

24 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Man I might be completely wrong on day cares, but don’t they have basically big open spaces, open outdoor spaces and just attempting to keep the kids from killing them selves or each other?  With something. Stupid like 1 adult to every 8 or so kids?  Seems like that would allow room and space and a smaller grouping of kids to watch out for. 

Wait do you think day cares just put the kids on playgrounds for 8 hours a day?

20 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Wait do you think day cares just put the kids on playgrounds for 8 hours a day?

No, but they aren’t trying to accomplish anything indoors either, are they?  Other than returning kid in one piece?  
like I said, never had one in daycare so I don’t know. That’s the just of what I got from my work reports that have theirs in daycare. 
big open spaces was meant to be big inside spaces, to go along with the big outside spaces. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

No, but they aren’t trying to accomplish anything indoors either, are they?  Other than returning kid in one piece?  
like I said, never had one in daycare so I don’t know. That’s the just of what I got from my work reports that have theirs in daycare. 
big open spaces was meant to be big inside spaces, to go along with the big outside spaces. 

The classrooms aren't big. The ones at mine are maybe 200 square feet per class which is 4-6 kids and my day care is boujie af. And we're talking toddlers who touch and climb everything, drool, yell and scream, and have no sense of social distance obviously.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, drt said:

In my limited experience ya the good ones  do. But we visited as many bad ones as we did good ones. 

case in point our current one is as you describe, but they’ve still had to split all but the infant rooms to accomplish pods of less than 10 people. I think prior to all of this the state max was 15 kids with 2 teachers

Yeah, so 15 kids with 2 teachers becomes 8 with one and 7 in another in a decently sized spaced out room. That’s certainly not as hard as me when I was teaching having. 150 students with 6 class periods. 
that was all I meant by daycare seems way less logistically challenging. 

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Yeah, so 15 kids with 2 teachers becomes 8 with one and 7 in another in a decently sized spaced out room. That’s certainly not as hard as me when I was teaching having. 150 students with 6 class periods. 
that was all I meant by daycare seems way less logistically challenging. 

You know how I know Wulaw has never had a two-year old?

• Haha 2

• hayden_horn changed the title to AISD's (and other districts) Plans for Schools Starting August 18